Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad point of this all, there no point in this most MMO Dev rarely listen over drastic game changing point on a forum, the listen to the data and if the data prove it needed they add it if not they don't.

So really getting worked up at this point is rather unneeded.

My work day is flying when it would otherwise be quite slow.

My topic is the fact that all you who are for it have only given the argument that it is "standar" in the industry, which it is not in the slightest.

I specifically challenged you in the post you quoted to refute it being either proven or efficient.

Edited by Bekkal

There's no good argument against implementing dual-spec. Please implement it ASAP to improve the ratio of tanks and healers against DPS in PUGs.

Are you an advanced class that has the capability of tanking/healing? Yes? Then guess what, you can tank/heal.

My topic is the fact that all you who are for it have only given the argument that it is "standar" in the industry, which it is not in the slightest.

Really? Sticking on that comment huh? Pay no mind to the fact that not only did dual-speccing benefit WoW but that one MMO was built around that single mechanic (Rift).

I'm sure there are others that allow dual-speccing and others that do not but I played both listed above.

If it works and will benefit the majority, expect it to be added. Dual-speccing DOES work (proven) and WILL benefit the majority (proven)

Sorry, you lose

Dual spec would be great. Leveling as a full blown Vanguard Shield Spec Tank so I can help in Flashpoints and "Heroics" makes for some slow solo killin at times, even with a companion out.

That, or make it a maxed price as has been mentioned. 10k would seem fair.

I am fully aware respeccing is available

I am also aware that it is irritating to have to go back to a trainer, delete your spec then not only redo talents but also your action bars every. Single. Time.

It's much easier and more convenient for the community as a whole to pay one large lump sum up front and be able to swap back and forth as needed

So, in essence, adding dual-spec is no different than it is now with the exception of the removal of the more irritating aspect of respeccing

So if you could save 2-3 different speccs and toolbar but it still would cost a sum then we have taken care of the irritating aspect of respeccing

yes convinient is aswell buying the game and instantly turn 50 convinient doesnt mean that it is a good thing.

And You could go Dual AC specc at the same time using exatly the same argumets the pro dual specc is using and if they implement a WOW dual Specc i would say go full out on AC aswell .

Would suck either way.

Level a Merc, come back and claim the same thing again. You don't get a tank companion until after Hoth.

So know you say Mercs are completly broken and need dual specc ............

Healing mercs basicly cant do anything outside groups?

Edited by Varghjerta

Really? Sticking on that comment huh? Pay no mind to the fact that not only did dual-speccing benefit WoW but that one MMO was built around that single mechanic (Rift).

I'm sure there are others that allow dual-speccing and others that do not but I played both listed above.

If it works and will benefit the majority, expect it to be added. Dual-speccing DOES work (proven) and WILL benefit the majority (proven)

Sorry, you lose

If by "majority", you mean the majority of the people on the forums (which actually are the minority), then yes, you are correct. And if you liked those games that much, why don't you still play them?

Counter argument : MMO must evolve to live you will love this game till you see the same crap you saw a year down the road with little change or evolution. Again really your point is moot in my book by this point it boil down to being selfish to your own life and not thinking of other who may have a harsher schedule and not have the time to wait around for hours to do one flash point.

To me you demand people wait on friend so they don’t feel left out when the fact is friend can make you feel left out just as easily by not helping and you are force to suffer for it.

Really? LFD solves que's and saves you time? And my schedule is harsh enough thank you since I dont play nearly as much as most mmo's do. You just want a spam tool you are just trying to sugar coat it. And evolution is not copy paste btw. A year down the road? Yes lets see then, why not? Game released 8 days ago? Very much so.

I don't see why people would be against a dual spec. If you don't want to use it then it has completely no effect on your character in any way but for those that do want it it's a huge convenience and time/money saver.

It does have an effect on that character though. Without Dual-Spec a player can develop a community based on having to find new people to play with. With Dual spec, you diminish community by allowing players to be more insular.

If by "majority", you mean the majority of the people on the forums (which actually are the minority), then yes, you are correct. And if you liked those games that much, why don't you still play them?

I didn't like them. I stopped playing. Just because Game A has an item in it I feel is beneficial but I otherwise dislike Game A does not mean Game B or Game C should completely avoid it

Fun Fact: SWTOR has many things WoW had, yet it managed to be a completely different game

Yet another failed argument

Simple fact, unless there's a dual spec, healers will dwindle in number before level 50. At level 50 people will respec to their final specs. Leveling as a healer is slow, boring and quite often difficult.

Leveling a healer is not slow, boring or difficult. I'm using my sage to take on mobs and bosses that I wouldn't even touch with any other class/spec. Using your Companion as your tank and healing it, you are actually OverPowered! Plus you still have the option to jump in with both feet and DPS.

Are you an advanced class that has the capability of tanking/healing? Yes? Then guess what, you can tank/heal.

Why should the cost of changing specs be so prohibitively high that a player is effectively forced into a single spec? Having the option of changing specs increases the ability of most players to enjoy the game while simultaneously facilitating better Warzone and Flashpoint group composition.

Do you really hate WoW that much, or are you just full of Schadenfreude? Both? Honestly, there's simply no good argument against implementing dual-spec, it's just a good idea from WoW that should be brought into this game.

Really? LFD solves que's and saves you time? And my schedule is harsh enough thank you since I dont play nearly as much as most mmo's do. You just want a spam tool you are just trying to sugar coat it. And evolution is not copy paste btw. A year down the road? Yes lets see then, why not? Game released 8 days ago? Very much so.

Spam tool? HOW on EARTH is LFD a spam tool? If anything no LFD Is a spam tool have you seen General? I am sorry you lost me there and frankly I give up your blinding by your own opinion and will all way set up a "WELL MINE BAD SO HA!" when there no backing behind that then your own word that not an argument that you claiming as golden fact, some one could have it 3x worse then you.

Me I have a fairly nice one I can wait the time but I have friends who cannot. And I am not much help as a DPS tree so LFD is a god send to them.

Sorry I’m done with this debate for me your points have been moot so far. you can go on if you wish I just don't have any desire to try and pound what I am getting at into your skull anymore it is proving fruitless.

It does have an effect on that character though. Without Dual-Spec a player can develop a community based on having to find new people to play with. With Dual spec, you diminish community by allowing players to be more insular.

Without dual-spec you allow healers and tanks, the two roles needed most, to behave like they're the games gift to the world. With dual-spec you knock them down a peg by making them less indispensable, thus requiring them to be decent individuals like everyone else

I'm willing to bet that if dual-spec isn't added, 6 months from now we'll see people 'for hire' as tanks and healers, just like every other MMO I played that lacked this function

Fun Fact: SWTOR has many things WoW had, yet it managed to be a completely different game

Then why do you want them to make it more like WoW? I know you said you hated those MMOs, but why do you want to come to a different MMO that you like(?), just for them to turn it into the one you left because you hated it?

Simple fact, unless there's a dual spec, healers will dwindle in number before level 50. At level 50 people will respec to their final specs. Leveling as a healer is slow, boring and quite often difficult.

Do you have hard data to back that up?

As an operative healer - it's not slow, not boring, and definitely not difficult with Kaliyo.

This is a very interesting debate! :) I hadn't thought of it much.

Personally, I don't like the idea of dual spec. The only other MMO I have played was FFXIV, and in that game, you could do everything on one character. I quickly learned that no matter how many nukes and DoT's I had, people always wanted me to come as a healer because I also had access to all of the healing abilities. I can see something similar happening here -- I plan to level up a Consular Sage to be DPS, and I don't want the possibility of being always asked to heal when I just want to throw rocks at stuff (I actually like healing, but that is what my Smuggler is for).

And yes, I know, "just get a guild" and "if you play with friends they won't mind". I'm not worried about this being an issue for me usually, but I don't want to be a total recluse that only plays with people I already know, y'know?

That said, I do see both sides of this discussion. I guess I just figure that if people want to play different roles, they can play different characters. The variety of roles available per class just seems like a nice way to let people pick the class that appeals to them story/looks/style-wise instead of it being solely based on the role you want to play. Just my 2 cents. ^^

Edited by Gwena

As an operative healer - it's not slow, not boring, and definitely not difficult with Kaliyo.

I found it quite slow and boring compared to Concealment. It also required less CC and forethought.

You are right in that nothing about it was difficult.

This is a very interesting debate! :) I hadn't thought of it much.

Personally, I don't like the idea of dual spec. The only other MMO I have played was FFXIV, and in that game, you could do everything on one character. I quickly learned that no matter how many nukes and DoT's I had, people always wanted me to come as a healer because I also had access to all of the healing abilities. I can see something similar happening here -- I plan to level up a Consular Sage to be DPS, and I don't want the possibility of being always asked to heal when I just want to throw rocks at stuff on that character (I actually like healing, but that is what my Smuggler is for).

This essentially already happens as groups will just flat turn you down if you don't heal once their dps spots are filled.

Edited by Bekkal

Spam tool? HOW on EARTH is LFD a spam tool? If anything no LFD Is a spam tool have you seen General? I am sorry you lost me there and frankly I give up your blinding by your own opinion and will all way set up a "WELL MINE BAD SO HA!" when there no backing behind that then your own word that not an argument that you claiming as golden fact, some one could have it 3x worse then you.

Me I have a fairly nice one I can wait the time but I have friends who cannot. And I am not much help as a DPS tree so LFD is a god send to them.

Sorry I’m done with this debate for me your points have been moot so far. you can go on if you wish I just don't have any desire to try and pound what I am getting at into your skull anymore it is proving fruitless.

That's the thing I am not trying to pound anything into yours. I respect your opinion and trying to keep this civil. We simply disagree that is all.

And just putting it out there the word spam can be used in different terms and I meant it in a term that implies you press one button over and over to do your flashpoint not that you actually spam someone. Either way c ya.

Same here sage and commando healer but this is what people do they whine without knowing how it is to level a Tank or Healer and then when they get proven wrong they start with PvP bit.

And as i said in this thread Healers are really viable in this game and heard from friends that they do feel the same way as tanks

so why do we need DUAL specc for Pve.

And still the only answer is that people doesnt want it to cost alot of money it is more "convinient" if it was for free

Edited by Varghjerta

Then why do you want them to make it more like WoW? I know you said you hated those MMOs, but why do you want to come to a different MMO that you like(?), just for them to turn it into the one you left because you hated it?

Did you stop to ask me WHAT I hated about WoW? Do you ever ask anybody? 10 to 1 says the community and boredom ranked higher up on the answers than dual-spec

I hated the community. I hated how bored I got after 5 years. I hated how it was yet another bloody fantasy-themed MMO, just like EQ1, EQ2, LotRO, Warhammer and Rift. I hated how the homogenization of the classes lead to all of them essentially feeling the same. I hated how Blizzard paid more attention to whiners on the forums than their own common sense

The fact of the matter is that allowing players a little bit of convenience utilizing the existing boundaries of the game makes sense. Again, you can respec already do dual-speccing only offers a level of speed and convenience for everyone involved.

I did not quit WoW because I hated dual-spec. I will not quit SWTOR if they fail to add it. I do, however, see the game as a whole suffering if they fail to do so

The fact of the matter is that allowing players a little bit of convenience utilizing the existing boundaries of the game makes sense. Again, you can respec already do dual-speccing only offers a level of speed and convenience for everyone involved.

I did not quit WoW because I hated dual-spec. I will not quit SWTOR if they fail to add it. I do, however, see the game as a whole suffering if they fail to do so

/agree