Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cartel coins is pushing it.

Actually, the second I read

something really nice for subscribers

The first thing I thought of was when they announced a "subscriber appreciation" last year, the forums got all worked for weeks up over what it could be, and then:

every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins

People were... not pleased.

I would love to get a set of gear that you can play that expansion in. All I have is crafted 156/PvP 158 set, and I am afraid I can't even touch the new content in it, seeing I haven't even tried Oricon yet, and Makeb was doable, but hard. :(

If it has to be 180 or something for the entry level, it is going to be pointless. I don't know why it has to be all about the hard to do group content, and getting any kind of comms for anything beyond level 50 is totally out of the question for a solo player at a speed you can accumulate it. Unless you can trade in Classic comms?

It's kindda hard to get excited about something you pay not to be able to play....

Edited by DomiSotto

Core game content, including questing/daily areas, Trinity FPs, Ops, and WZs, introduced regularly and on par with the amount of money SWTOR seems to make EA.

That would be the principle subscriber perk that has been missing all year, and I would love it if my subscription got these perks going forward. :D

Edited by arunav

I'd love to be surprised by BW's sub perk gift with a new playable species announcement for Nautolan species or a Reek mount :D

Though I think the more realistic outcome for the perk we'll be given is something more along the lines of :

* early-access to the expansion by a few days for pre-orders.

* a re-skinned class trainer (probably another kotor/tor iconic character).

* an armor set re-skin (probably revans one shown in rakata prime fp).

* a new character title and pet.

* a new stronghold with 'X' amount of rooms automatically unlocked for subscribers/pre-order owners.

* a re-skinned vehicle/mount.

I know it's highly unlikely at this point, but I'd really like it if they decided to give out something special for players subbed for X amount of time in addition to the be a subscriber at X date and a preorder rewards.

I'll still appreciate the latter, but it's not likely that I'll display whatever it is because there are just too many players receiving it for it to be something special...maybe in 3 years or so.

If it has to be 180 or something for the entry level, it is going to be pointless. I don't know why it has to be all about the hard to do group content, and getting any kind of comms for anything beyond level 50 is totally out of the question for a solo player at a speed you can accumulate it. Unless you can trade in Classic comms?

It's kindda hard to get excited about something you pay not to be able to play....

I doubt it has to be 180 for entry level stuff. When 2.0 rolled in, people were happily running Scum and Villainy, Terror frrom Beyond and level 55 HM FP's in Black Hole/Campaign/Dread Guard/Hazmat gear. While those were the two highest gear tiers at level 50, the fact that you could do endgame stuff using those meant that there was no need for that kind of gear for standard leveling stuff and planetary questing. Heck, when I am level 52, I start taking my toons to CZ-198 dailies in 140 (old Rakata) gear and even that works out decently. If the pattern is the same, I would not be too worried!

More to the point, some time before 2.0 came out, Black Hole gear started being more readily available, because the level 50 HM FP's a lot of people were already farming with their eyes closed started dropping them. Perhaps the level 55 ones will be bumped from Black Market to Verpine or something like that prior to 3.0.

If it has to be 180 or something for the entry level, it is going to be pointless. I don't know why it has to be all about the hard to do group content.

Are you for real? You can get full 180 by just doing random LVL 55 FP and group finder (STORY MODE) OPS. It literally can't be made easier unless they just send you a mail with the gear. Sm ops are face roll unfortunately a lot of people in this game can only press WASD123 which is why flashpoints need to be nerfed all the time

Right, but to do a FP, you have to get in a group - and you cannot even get in a group for an SM flashpoint at L55 any more(!), only HM (and seeing SM on a level are super-tough, HM are probably horrible), not to get kicked out because you don't have gear or people just don't like you or whatever, and have time to do 40 min to an hour straight endeavor and do it repeatedly. I have never been to an OP, it sounds like a big thing with too many people to sort out heads from tails, and they always say 'have to know fights'. It sounds even longer than FPs too.

Uninterrupted stretches of time is a problem for me. I play early in the mornings from like 3-4 am to 4:30 am-4:45 am before work when hardly anyone is online, and after work, well, that's when the family is at home, and I normally can't do an uninterrupted run, that starts and finishes at who knows when. I bet I would be kicked out to start with anyway.

I have just finished Makeb, and I have a load of quests with Weeklies and Dailies loaded to my poor character's log, and I have no idea how I am supposed to do all that. I have like 167 useless Classic Comms, 163 Basic Comms and 10 Elite Comms. I have never checked anything to do with Basic and Elite, as seeing how high the limit on them is, I bet it takes far, far more than that to get anything anyway.

Plus, if we have to level again, what's the point of grinding at L55 at no XP gain....

It is all far too confusing & presumes you can get into groups (which never pop) and have time to do FPs and OPS :(

It literally can't be made easier unless they just send you a mail with the gear.

No, it's incorrect. I would prefer it be like the under 50 game when you can get everything you need easily through Crafting + solo content + PvP, i.e things you can do on your own and without investing uninterrupted stretches of time.

Edited by DomiSotto

- 15 second increase to Rocket Boots duration

- 120% mount speed

- Kashyyyk Treehouse Stronghold

- Acklay Mount

- Manaan Stronghold (underwater)

- Ability to unbind one single item.

- Miniature Revan statue deco

Will probably be the last one but it's fun to dream.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

I expect:

Title

Pet

Mount

Trainer

Stronghold decoration

It might be nice to have a crew skills statue in fairness

Revan statue would be cool too.

I don't want to see another pet or mount. We have them enough and they would be recolored to Cartel Market a month later. Trainers/decorations would be at least unique.

I would prefer it be like the under 50 game when you can get everything you need easily through Crafting + solo content + PvP, i.e things you can do on your own and without investing uninterrupted stretches of time.

Before RotHC, trainer-schematic crafted gear was available up through item level 124 (char level 49). Endgame PVE gear (dropped, comms, or RE'd) required char level 50 and went up to item level 150. RE'd char level 50 items used mats above grade 6.

RotHC brought trainer-schematic crafted gear up the char level 50 (item level 156) using the new Grade 9 mats (which, unlike the Grade 7 and Grade 8 mats used before RotHC, could be gathered at nodes in the open world or from crew missions). Makeb (the initial expansion world) doesn't require 156 to complete, and has Planetary Comm vendors to get blue (item level 148) modifications. The HM 55 FPs drop 148s, and the Oricon quest line gives you a full set of 156s, which conveniently prepares you for the SM versions of DF and DP.

So, assuming you have a level 55 with the top trainer-schematic (open world) drop item level 156 gear, if BW follows the RotHC pattern, you'll be ready to start the new content, and likely you'll be able to get schematics from the trainer that will let you craft gear up to the new endgame level (assuming we are getting one, that is).

Edited by eartharioch