Stuns are a little op

Candleper

Mind Crush + Force Breach, Infiltration.

Your ravage needs to channel for 2.7 seconds BTW, hardly a gcd.

Ravage is 2.3 seconds with Beserk, since you want to go all statsical, also Mindcrush takes 6 seconds for its full effect , infiltration requires a 2 sec cast. Carnage has 0 setup time.

Still counts as 1 GCD since the GCD only refreshed once and berserk and gore do not refresh GCD.

Edited by Kenjigreat

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravage is 2.3 seconds with Beserk, since you want to go all statsical, also Mindcrush takes 6 seconds for its full effect , infiltration requires a 2 sec cast. Carnage has 0 setup time.

Wasn't part of the argument. And with 2.4 seconds I can fit in another shadow strike as well.

Fyi, that'd quite easily top 20k with potency up.

Not sure what the video is supposed to prove.

I don't think Exilove is counting the cast time of MC as part of the damage window. The initial tick of MC + Force Breach + Shadow Strike will do over 20k damage (with crits) and takes place over 1.5s, maybe 1.6s with ability delay.

However if you are going to Gore+Ravage, then you are going to auto-crit scream at the end of it and it will not take any extra time. Burst from Gore-Ravage-Scream can't be matched and can (with crits) do 30k+/global someone.

Also, TK Sage, Pyro PT, Arsenal Merc, and MM sniper can all do 20k damage in 2.4 seconds or less.

I don't think Exilove is counting the cast time of MC as part of the damage window. The initial tick of MC + Force Breach + Shadow Strike will do over 20k damage (with crits) and takes place over 1.5s, maybe 1.6s with ability delay.

However if you are going to Gore+Ravage, then you are going to auto-crit scream at the end of it and it will not take any extra time. Burst from Gore-Ravage-Scream can't be matched and can (with crits) do 30k+/global someone.

Also, TK Sage, Pyro PT, Arsenal Merc, and MM sniper can all do 20k damage in 2.4 seconds or less.

The only problem is that it's so easy to stop :p

Why would you not count the cast time , She/he said infiltration , you are going to be hardcasting it.

Why would you not count the cast time , She/he said infiltration , you are going to be hardcasting it.

Because the target cant act while I'm casting?

I can unleash the power of a crush, breach AND shadow strike all in the length of 1 gcd.

Because the target cant act while I'm casting?

I can unleash the power of a crush, breach AND shadow strike all in the length of 1 gcd.

I don't think I have been hardcasted mindcrush by a infiltration assassin . Whatever works in your mind , everyone knows the timing , its all about getting it off in an actual game , here is the greatest place to trolltheorycraft.

I don't think I have been hardcasted mindcrush by a infiltration assassin . Whatever works in your mind , everyone knows the timing , its all about getting it off in an actual game , here is the greatest place to trolltheorycraft.

You musn't have met many good assassins then..

I do it all the time. The effective burst is unrivaled.

It happens only if the target is Low Slashed or otherwise mezzed, pretty much. Waste of time in any other situation. So for a honest argument, this should also include + 1 gcd for Low Slash. Or just don't assume that the target will be Low Slashed for the duration of the cast, in which case the deception burst is easier to shut down than Carnage one.

Edited by DarrelK

No one has ever done low slash > mind crush to you? That's a pretty common tactic.

Edited by Raansu

No one has ever done low slash > mind crush to you? That's a pretty common tactic.

Normally I que solo so if I am stunned I am pretty sure everyone is bursting me and all my team mates are dead. It hard to notice if someone is trying to hardcast mindcrush on you.

There has to be a way to reduce stuns while keeping ranked in balance. Pvp in this game appears to be dying. War zones pop much less frequently and when they do its usually the same people. The most common complaint I have and that I hear from others is that its a stun fest. So I think keeping things the way they are out of fear of creating imbalance in ranked war zones is a bad idea for the longevity of the game.

Some suggestions which would make things better in unranked while leaving ranked mostly untouched:

1. Resolve bar should not decay in the spawn area. If you die with max resolve, you get your seconds of immunity after leaving the spawn area.

2. Being trapped in the spawn area places a buff on you depending on how long you've been in there, giving you a short immunity as well. Resolve bar does not decay while you have the buff. Maybe 1 second of immunity for each 3 seconds in the box. (Doesn't apply to arenas, ofc.)

This might affect Voidstar a bit much, though.

Additional stuff which would make unranked life better:

3. Let people opt out of arenas in unranked.

4. Never drop a premade vs solos in arenas.

5. Never drop two premades including people from the same guild in the same warzone.

Additional stuff which would make unranked life better:

3. Let people opt out of arenas in unranked.

4. Never drop a premade vs solos in arenas.

5. Never drop two premades including people from the same guild in the same warzone.

Queue sync

People would just drop guild tag to troll.

Until we have cross servers this stuff cant really be fixed given how small the pvp pop is on every server except probably harbinger.