Ok Aces who do you Respect/Fear?

SithAceI

I fear laggers, e.g. Bereth'or from the Progenitor, that are hard to kill because of their teleporting skills, yet they shoot down my team like they wouldn't be affected by their own lags,

I've already seen that happening in one of the f2p FPS games where people caused lag on purpose. :rolleyes:

Edited by PavSalco

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ the JC fliers.

Here's a screenie of my last match on the JC before I transferred my main toons to the Harbinger.

http://i.imgur.com/aVMpzET.jpg[/img]"]http://i.imgur.com/aVMpzET.jpg

It was a strange pop at 8am which at the time was a killer dead time of day on the JC.

That's why I left the JC for the Harbinger.( no pops anymore at the time I can play) An example of such 5am on the JC 40-50 people on each fleet, same time on the Harbinger there is 140-170 on each fleet. But I will try to fly on Sunday evening this weekend. So if you see a pilot in a sting/flashfire flying and killing you don't recognize whisper to'em it may just be me. ;)

Ouch, yeah. Getting late night GSF going on JC is definitely pretty iffy. Even if you do get a pop, it's likely to be an uninteresting match.

From my understanding, early mornings can sometimes be good. Jaheesh at least used to fly a lot at those times, as did Eichman, and a few others. I can't because I'm at work, but my understanding is that the only truly dead time is in the wee hours of the morning.

Anyway, hope to see you out there this weekend! :)

Nope. Scrab and Scrâb are his only toons. But yes he is insaney good. I think I've ever landed one kill on him. One kill and a few hundreds deaths.... :o

I got him killed at 5:31 p.m. on March 23. I've noticed because it was the first and last time. But was on Red Eclipse. And on Bastion he has me already shot down. On TEH he is. Everywhere, terrible. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/user/scrabpwntech/videos

I fear no individual player. I recoginize quite a few regulars since I run both rep and imp ships but I only cringe when a bunch of good players, pre-made or not, are on the opposite end of my blasters. The guys in Despair know what I mean. :p

Ya we can be a pain in the butt! LOL

But we fly with you a lot pub side too hehe.

I hope to fly with ya this weekend since your on my friends list ;)

I got him killed at 5:31 p.m. on March 23. I've noticed because it was the first and last time. But was on Red Eclipse. And on Bastion he has me already shot down. On TEH he is. Everywhere, terrible. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/user/scrabpwntech/videos

Mate, I feel your pain. He originally played on ToFN, and Jesus was it hard to win a match against him :p

The general rule is just avoid him and kill everyone else :D

The players I respect are the ones who play on the weaker faction side. Choosing to level up their ships in the endless hard slogs of fighting double pre-mades while leading a pack of two-three ship noobs. Lions of the Battlefield.

Conversely I have zero respect for those who can't GSF unless they are in a fully loaded pre-made or stick to the most winning faction side. They don't realize that they are permanently turning potential GSF enthusiasts away every match their team of four plus ships goes against a team of two-three shippers. Hyenas of the Battlefield.

Conversely I have zero respect for those who can't GSF unless they are in a fully loaded pre-made or stick to the most winning faction side.

Interestingly, I have little to no respect for dedicated* solo pilots. By refusing to learn the majority of the game, they only learn a tiny sliver of a skillset, and often point to it as if the game should be balanced around that, or as if 1v1 skills or uncoordinated tricks are the game. Often they come to the forums and denigrate teams, team builds, teamwork, team synergy, team queues, the fact that they are playing a team game, and generally act like their tiny fraction of the game IS the game.

And a good team is what determines which side is the "winning faction" :p

*This doesn't apply to players who queue solo only sometimes, or just don't have friends to play with. Only the ones who somehow think that teams beating them up in a multiplayer game is anything other than working as intended.

As to the topic of the thread, there's not some tiers of players "above the aces". Any good player I respect, and Bastion has a bunch!

Edited by Verain

Yeah scrab i had the pleassure of meeting over the week end. one hell of a player. met first on a stock ship whooped my ***, thought right swapped to my main, whooped my *** lol ok not what i expected lol.

managed to prevent him killing me in some games when he had me locked but every time i tried to kill him he had me most times. only times i got him was when i came up from behind lol

great players, and a great guy. his republic char on red eclipse rests in our guild, The Unrelenting where majority of the best rep gsf players have drifted towards.

and ghostwatch is not scrab on red eclipse,

i would say scrab one of the best ive seen.

Yeah scrab i had the pleassure of meeting over the week end. one hell of a player. met first on a stock ship whooped my ***, thought right swapped to my main, whooped my *** lol ok not what i expected lol.

managed to prevent him killing me in some games when he had me locked but every time i tried to kill him he had me most times. only times i got him was when i came up from behind lol

great players, and a great guy. his republic char on red eclipse rests in our guild, The Unrelenting where majority of the best rep gsf players have drifted towards.

and ghostwatch is not scrab on red eclipse,

i would say scrab one of the best ive seen.

Absurd player (Scrab).

Finally saw him on Red Eclipse this weekend (in over 2000 games I'd never seen him here before). I was in my new toon's stock GS (I often level toons solely with GSF) and I sniped him on my first attempt. I wasn't impressed...however he dominated the rest of the game literally killing all before him in a quite ridiculous manner. I now know why he's so heralded.

I still have to pit my witts against him while in a fully upgraded ship but I already know he's easily better than me. I'm just curious as to how much better. Looking forward to seeing him on our server again.

/Kudos Scrab!

Absurd player (Scrab).

Finally saw him on Red Eclipse this weekend (in over 2000 games I'd never seen him here before). I was in my new toon's stock GS (I often level toons solely with GSF) and I sniped him on my first attempt. I wasn't impressed...however he dominated the rest of the game literally killing all before him in a quite ridiculous manner. I now know why he's so heralded.

I still have to pit my witts against him while in a fully upgraded ship but I already know he's easily better than me. I'm just curious as to how much better. Looking forward to seeing him on our server again.

/Kudos Scrab!

just so u know, that time u sniped him, hes playing in stock ships lol, he joined our guild at week end on a level 1 char and we ended up in a guild v guild match and whooped me some more lol i thought i was a decent player but when he gets u in his sights he more often than not will kill you. lol

just so u know, that time u sniped him, hes playing in stock ships lol, he joined our guild at week end on a level 1 char and we ended up in a guild v guild match and whooped me some more lol i thought i was a decent player but when he gets u in his sights he more often than not will kill you. lol

Lmao, oh my. Ok it just confirms he has a special talent. I thought I did well in a stock ship. Humble pie time methinks.

I definitely like that Scrab gets a shoutout in this thread. His dedication to his set of builds is incredible (and I don't mean that in some snarky way or anything, I'm 100% on the square here). I'll also say that the burst he can put out is top tier, and he can actually deal sustained damage with his build, something that is ludicrously rare and very hard with the type of builds he runs. Most quads and pods scouts are very good at just one type of dealing damage, and Scrab blows past that, raising the envelope on this completely. I also like that he maintains solid ships on multiple servers, sampling many metas.

I normally avoid these threads ("name and praise") because there's plenty of players I play with and against who range from great to seriously great to could-be-pro-if-that-was-a-thing, and I wouldn't like to leave anyone out, nor would I like to give an honest opinion that is taken badly. But since you brought Scrab up and he does play on the Bastion from time to time, I figured a shout out was appropriate!

Edited by Verain

I respect all experienced pilots in the server and all those new people that are actually try to learn the game and get better.

I fear random lag spikes and sneaky landscape features that keep sneaking upon players when they use power dive.

From time to time there are some games where Saandrig or Ghostwatch show up in their battlescout and I get this sudden urge to club baby seals to death with sacks filled with kittens, puppies and baby pandas, then I snipe them when they are chasing someone else and everything is calm again. :D

Just to put it out there when Scrab flew on Pot5 he was a force to be reckoned with but not the demigod you all make him out to be. We have (had) many pilots of his caliber fly our skies. The vast majority of our dedicated pilots have moved on and GSF has become somewhat of a farce on Pot5, it's much like the other servers now.

As to whom I respect, anyone that can make an imperium/clarion dance like a scout racking up double digit kills and 60k plus damage. Anyone that can hold a satellite versus a bomber and their support in a scout. Anyone that can break a gunship wall down. Anyone that forces gunship walls by out flying an entire team so well they have nothing left to try but six gunships and two bombers. And finally. The pilot that can kill those two bombers over and over again.

So again, do we really need yet another epeen / popularity contest? You people do know there are more servers and way more pilots to fear than JC and TEH, right? If not keep the good work on stroking those epeens.

Just to put it out there when Scrab flew on Pot5 he was a force to be reckoned with but not the demigod you all make him out to be. We have (had) many pilots of his caliber fly our skies. The vast majority of our dedicated pilots have moved on and GSF has become somewhat of a farce on Pot5, it's much like the other servers now.

Ya, I'll bet... when we left, we left a big hole. Not necessarily in skill, but definitely in quantity. I too RESPECT Scrab very much, but I'm astonished at the "legendary" status he has. He flies a very powerful scout... and flies it well, but not so well that he can't be beat. I consider him a friend so I mean that with the utmost respect, but let's not go overboard by proclaiming his sainthood.

As to whom I respect, anyone that can make an imperium/clarion dance like a scout racking up double digit kills and 60k plus damage. Anyone that can hold a satellite versus a bomber and their support in a scout. Anyone that can break a gunship wall down. Anyone that forces gunship walls by out flying an entire team so well they have nothing left to try but six gunships and two bombers. And finally. The pilot that can kill those two bombers over and over again.

So again, do we really need yet another epeen / popularity contest? You people do know there are more servers and way more pilots to fear than JC and TEH, right? If not keep the good work on stroking those epeens.

I actually very much agree with this - on all aspects. Nice to be mentioned, but when it comes down to it, ya, these threads are popularity contests.

Ya, I'll bet... when we left, we left a big hole. Not necessarily in skill, but definitely in quantity.

We're having a weird issue right now. Both sides won't engage a turret in contention or in control. They all sit outside of turret range and melee with each other. Its like it's dec of last year all over again. It is not a matter of skill or quantity it's a matter of experience which breeds both.