The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you think they'll increase the rating requirements for S3 rewards?

Shenyu

Possible. They seem to just be basing it off of overall rating. Since in season 1 it was 1500 more people put effort into reaching 1500 in season 2 so the overall rating was different in season 2.

yeah. that was annoying. I know I'm not the bee's knees on a VG, but could have pretty easily gotten to 1600. instead, once I got past 1500, I would just use him to break up pub teams and spent more time kicking it on the much more difficult merc pyro. thankfully, when I came back to the game and saw it was raised to 1600, I didn't feel motivated to hop on and scramble for rewards that weren't nearly as cool as the s1 rancor. :)

honestly, telling you the cutoff point for rewards 2 weeks before the end of the season is a pretty strong deterrent NOT to play multiple classes and is the kind of maneuver you'd expect from a very serious pvp-centric game. the irony is that bw has tried from day one to get ppl to play multiple toons and have pretty much gone out of their way to ignore the "seriously competitive" pvpers. so that threshold maneuver did seem out of character.

Tier 1 2k + :rak_02:

Pretty sure that will never happen because of the implementation of the (lame) "All-Galaxy" title. That's intended to be their ''elitist'' grind. I don't think they'd make the tier 1 rewards that high. I'd only imagine they would consider it a complete waste of (albeit little) dev resources to create rewards for only like 50-100 people in the entire game to have.

They are a few seasons in now, they know what their player base can and can't achieve for the most part. They should be announcing AT LEAST what the tiers are for the rewards so people know what to get to WHEN THE SEASON STARTS. Implementing some kind of weekly ELO decay if you don't do your rated weekly each week would also probably go a long way in making sure people who are interested in the rewards continue participating. Rather than getting to 1500 and stopping.

But there are a million things they could or should do to fix rateds. They just don't care. I hope to see the rating be 1700 this season for T1 rewards. It'd be a complete joke.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Pretty sure that will never happen because of the implementation of the (lame) "All-Galaxy" title. That's intended to be their ''elitist'' grind. I don't think they'd make the tier 1 rewards that high. I'd only imagine they would consider it a complete waste of (albeit little) dev resources to create rewards for only like 50-100 people in the entire game to have.

Took a gander last night. Only about 600 people got S2 Tier 1 rewards.

I personally don't think they NEED to bump up the requirement, but I think they might.

Took a gander last night. Only about 600 people got S2 Tier 1 rewards.

I personally don't think they NEED to bump up the requirement, but I think they might.

Yeah the devs were full of crap last season. I have NO DOUBT the devs were going to make the Tier 1 S2 Rewards at 1500 until the player base cried after the announced the rewards that ''everyone that has 1500 won't queue, and so there wont be anyone queuing in the last two weeks", so in a bogus peer pressure cave, they bumped the ELO another 1600 to prevent just that. And then everyone had to queue up to grind another 100 ELO. DESPITE the fact that 1600 was no longer the top 5% of pvpers but more like the top 2 or 3%. Now I don't care, I got S2 All-star. But I kind of see them doing the same thing now with S3, and people will assume it will be 1600, and stop queuing, and then they will raise it to 1700 after the rewards are announced.

But they gotta put that gold 2k+ shield to good use, it probably took weeks to make! :D

I actually think 2k+ is fine for a t1. it would be out of my reach, but...I mean...I get it. I think it would also necessitate another tier of rewards, and they have a difficult enough time coming up with 3 of those (apparently). but if you were to tell me the t1 reward for s1 and s2 was 2k, I would not have batted an eyelash. you already know basically what ppl are capable of from preseason. I think most of the flux is related to class balance and attrition from the player pool.

Yes, please, increase 3k+ T1, that no one plays ranked. Solos - sync que, win trades, other faction dominating, trolls, conquest farmers or juts bads who spam solo que. Group - everybody raped by 2 teams, half of players have buthurt and they stop and go on to farm bads in regs in premade, cause ELO sistem amaze.

/ signed

Edited by helpmewin

S2 just didn't make sense. Tier 1 was higher yet the rewards were far worse. I foguth hard for my rancor on my merc S1 but just had no incentive S2. I get why the raised the bar but the rewards need to be more worthwhile. Solo queue rating carries no reputation value as far as anyone is concerned so the only reason to acquire higher rating is rewards

Oh and for any of this to matter, they need to fix ELO. I don't see how i lose 62 rating in two matches from a loss and a DC (myself dcing) lol

Edited by PhatMcMuffins

S2 just didn't make sense. Tier 1 was higher yet the rewards were far worse. I foguth hard for my rancor on my merc S1 but just had no incentive S2. I get why the raised the bar but the rewards need to be more worthwhile.

The devs are naive and think that players want to endure the abortion that solo rateds are (team's sync queueing solo's, groups in comms, hybrid heals and tanks ruining 4 dps vs 4 dps, and a complete lack of actual healers and tanks queuening) just because they are able to participate in a system that lets you attack other players. The devs came out and said it even that "PvPers are content as long as they can fight each other". YES AND NO. PvPers enjoy PvP of course, but no one wants to jump through a ridiculous amount of hoops just because this crappy system is ONE of only TWO ways we can pvp in this game (regs or rateds). (Missing my glorious days of: SWG style guild wars, open world pvp, bounty hunts, force rank system, etc etc).

The devs NEED to announce at LEAST the reward tiers when the season starts, so players at least know what to shoot for. If they came out with rewards at that time too, it'd be super. But they at least need to know what the gauge for Tier 1 will be. What the devs pulled with S2 was complete crap. 1600 in Season 2 was NOT the top 5%, it was more like the top 2.5%. And the 2-3k rated people were more like the top .0005%

Edited by SOULCASTER

The devs are naive and think that players want to endure the abortion that solo rateds are (team's sync queueing solo's, groups in comms, hybrid heals and tanks ruining 4 dps vs 4 dps, and a complete lack of actual healers and tanks queuening) just because they are able to participate in a system that lets you attack other players. The devs came out and said it even that "PvPers are content as long as they can fight each other". YES AND NO. PvPers enjoy PvP of course, but no one wants to jump through a ridiculous amount of hoops just because this crappy system is ONE of only TWO ways we can pvp in this game (regs or rateds). (Missing my glorious days of: SWG style guild wars, open world pvp, bounty hunts, force rank system, etc etc).

The devs NEED to announce at LEAST the reward tiers when the season starts, so players at least know what to shoot for. If they came out with rewards at that time too, it'd be super. But they at least need to know what the gauge for Tier 1 will be. What the devs pulled with S2 was complete crap. 1600 in Season 2 was NOT the top 5%, it was more like the top 2.5%. And the 2-3k rated people were more like the top .0005%

HIt the nail on the head, my friend.

What the devs pulled with S2 was complete crap. 1600 in Season 2 was NOT the top 5%, it was more like the top 2.5%. And the 2-3k rated people were more like the top .0005%

549 people were 1600 or above in S2.

28091 people had a rank.

That's 1.95% of the ranked population that got T1 rewards. (According to the calculator, anyway. I'm no genius.)

Edited by Shenyu

Title.

S1 T1 rewards were 1500.

S2 T1 rewards were 1600.

Think they'll bump it up again with S3?

honestly, I hope not. Mainly due to the fact that it is really class/comp specific. just look at the leaderboards, as an example, 2 mercs/commandos are above that. and a total of 3 slinger/snipers. definitely a massive disparity there.

Juggs/guardians are over 20, being basically king of the hill in regards to numbers. This leads me to a lot of conclusions, none of which are good for mercs. 1) not as many play due to being focus fired, and 1st typically to die. 2) there are just more juggs than mercs, probably due to point #1. 3) lack of enough defensive cooldowns. 4) better players don't like to lose, therefore they don't use them in ranked, they go to the easier power class.

Personally, I think the rewards should be based on advanced class and not an actual number rating. It would allow for the other classes to have a chance. it would incentivize them to play due to their particular class being graded differently than other classes. But use the same basic criteria for every class, as an example, top 100 is tier 1, top 50 is tier 2, and top 10 is tier 3. Or something like that.