Can we really expect good future content?

xRydisx

eh I like the game, so im trying to give hope. Cancel preorder isn't the first option people should take. But seriously, if you can't develop a simple basic function like a search feature in a reasonable time frame, how can we expect them to do anything harder and more time consuming to any degree of success?

Your not going to hire someone to cook if they can't even operator a microwave.

There are already bandwidth issues with the huge release spike, trouble ordering and everything else...

THE LAST thing we need is a forum search feature to allow thousands of people to initiate resource intensive searches through the hundreds of thousands of posts...

But then again, that is why you are a forumite and Bioware is a professional software company...

I am worried about SWTOR - I was worried prior to release and I am worried after playing it.

The game is gonna do just fine but perhaps not for me. We will have to see what happens in the updates.

This is the way to talk , I respect you sir and yes not ever game is for everybody , i hope they make the changes you would like to see , more mature people here the better .

There are already bandwidth issues with the huge release spike, trouble ordering and everything else...

THE LAST thing we need is a forum search feature to allow thousands of people to initiate resource intensive searches through the hundreds of thousands of posts...

But then again, that is why you are a forumite and Bioware is a professional software company...

and you don't see a problem with this 'professional software company' not being able to maintain a text only forum? I've been through a number of large game beta's and launches and NEVER have I seen the text only website go down.

Seriously, not impressive.

eh I like the game, so im trying to give hope. Cancel preorder isn't the first option people should take. But seriously, if you can't develop a simple basic function like a search feature in a reasonable time frame, how can we expect them to do anything harder and more time consuming to any degree of success?

Your not going to hire someone to cook if they can't even operator a microwave.

This isn't how the company works. It is not a top priority. There may be every single community manager screaming at the Bioware board meetings that we want a search function and it doesn't matter because each and every day they have to wake up with managing server queues, massive waves of bug fixes and literally hundreds of thousands of new billing agreements. I would rather be able to access the game and play with little to no bugs, not have a search function that takes developers time and requires the website being down for even more often that it is anyhow.

and you don't see a problem with this 'professional software company' not being able to maintain a text only forum? I've been through a number of large game beta's and launches and NEVER have I seen the text only website go down.

Seriously, not impressive.

I do not. They are a software company and their number one, collective priority should be supplying a engaging game experience. If they forgot to put it in as an oversight, then who cares that is no reflection on the upcoming content in-game. This thread is quickly devolving.

they can't even give us basic forum search feature..I am honestly worried

The search function died of neglect prior to launch.

As to being concerned about new content...they are already adding another flashpoint, and vastly expanding one of the operations a month after launch...I think this is a very good sign of things to come...we'll see.

This isn't how the company works. It is not a top priority. There may be every single community manager screaming at the Bioware board meetings that we want a search function and it doesn't matter because each and every day they have to wake up with managing server queues, massive waves of bug fixes and literally hundreds of thousands of new billing agreements. I would rather be able to access the game and play with little to no bugs, not have a search function that takes developers time and requires the website being down for even more often that it is anyhow.

There are different people to do these different things. The simple fact they can't or refuse to is a cause for concern. Even the most basic boards and less professional sites can manage these features, yet bioware can not. That speaks to the company as a whole.

Haha I like that the OP assumes the dev team for the game also is the web team lol.

I never said or assumed they were the same people. But if the company can't manage simple things like this, this as a company how can you expect anymore more from them. This can be said about any company. People choose not to shop at certain places for return policies and such. Such things affect the company as a whole. This is true too.

I have never, in my 20 years on the internet used a forum search that was actually worth the time to try and could find anything anyway....

The lack of search also disables the options to find your own posts and threads through your profile - how else, in such a fast-scrolling forum environment, am I supposed to be able to find my whine threads to relentlessly bump them?!?!

:p

they can't even give us basic forum search feature..I am honestly worried

I have my doubts, mainly due to the voice acting.

Either they have to dilute it for more content, or, they will fixate on instanced engdame such as flashpoints and operations, which is what killed wow for me. Nothing to do outside of raids.