L2p versus Hax versus Exploits...the difference

Coolhandmik

This thread is funny. Especially the references to Shadowlands.

1) I hear hackusations in Warzones on a weekly basis on that server in PvP. Sometimes more.

2) There are some terribly bad players on Shadowlands.

These two statements are not unrelated.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been personally accused of hacking. Most of the regular good PvPers I know have similar experiences. I haven't seen a bona fide hack in a warzone in over a 6 months, and exploits only very rarely (they usually get patched eventually, like the combat-usable regen items).

Despite this, I'll hear more people crying hacks in the next day or two *guaranteed* and will probably be accused myself again in a week or so. Cry wolf more.

You obviously don't pvp much if you honestly believe this. I see multiple people cheating every week. Speed hacks, lag hacks, infinite ability resets, jugs leaping to my entrenched sniper from 40m away, permanent resolve with no bar, etc, etc

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously don't pvp much if you honestly believe this. I see multiple people cheating every week. Speed hacks, lag hacks, infinite ability resets, jugs leaping to my entrenched sniper from 40m away, permanent resolve with no bar, etc, etc

Normal jugg ability bro! Y u call dem hax? Don't you know juggs can do that??:D

Hacks:

4 - Macros - As seen just today. In less than one second, I observed a Sorc spin a perfect 180 degrees, stop, knockback, and continue turning 180 degrees. All the while never stopped moving in the same direction. Skilled player? Possibly. However, he did this many times over the course of several matches. Each time perfect. Highly unlikely.

5 - Teleportation - ALSO DO NOT CONFUSE WITH ASSASSIN TELEPORT, or OPERATIVE/ASSASSIN IN COMBAT STEALTH + ROLL/FORCE SPEED - toon will drop through the floor only to reappear an extraordinary distance from that point. WIll usually be a class without stealth capabilities

4-it is called mouse turning.. since patch i do the same all the time..double click to move..jump+kb turning fast the mouse then force speed..it's really easy same for tst

5- a lot of those i discovered were interced on stealthed on the line

I pvp all the time. Probably more than most PvPers. Shadowlands is essentially hack free.

I'll make anyone on this thread from Shadowlands a deal. I will run with you, imp or pub side (I have geared 55s on both sides) and record the match. I'll post the video publicly here and we can have a discussion on whatever you think you see in it.

I can understand why some people might be a little reluctant to do that however. ;)

My channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/zachariahpvp

Edited by Jherad

Obliterate/Zealous Leap brings everything in your statement into doubt

Edited by Tellenn

And the 2nd leap is 10m not 30m.

Most people wouldn't know the difference between 10m and 30m even if the measuring tape was right in their face. Every time multiple leap "hacks" pop up its always a situation of either leap and intercede, leap>push> leap or leap and obliterate. Juggernauts can leap several times and marauders in rage spec can leap twice but people always fail to realize these things and yell "hax!"

Edited by Raansu

I'll make anyone on this thread from Shadowlands a deal. I will run with you, imp or pub side (I have geared 55s on both sides) and record the match. I'll post the video publicly here and we can have a discussion on whatever you think you see in it.

I can understand why some people might be a little reluctant to do that however. ;)

My channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/zachariahpvp

I'll take you up on that offer. I'm on your server and just starting to get into the PVP scene. Judging from your videos, you seem like an experienced player and I would love it if I could tag along and learn from you.

videos kind sir. That is all i ask.

Surely somone who sees it all the time would have a great chance at catching it on video.

I have plenty of videos of PvE Botters in action. Given the amount of them I wouldn't at all be surprised if there isn't a crap ton of bots queuing for PvP also.

Bots are really easy to spot in PvE. They are always high level and farming low level areas. I whisper them first to see if there is a player at the keyboard, if not I switch to the opposing faction, get on a healer and then go back to their location and start healing their targets. At this point it becomes pretty damn obvious as they just keep beating away at the same target until the NPC's i'm healing eventually kill them. Then I file my report to Bioware.

No...they have two.

Play a stealth and go try cc'ing a Sorc/Sage. Don't play the class , but I do know they have the ability, either a cleanse or that damn bubble breaks it. But don't take the word of someone that plays an Op and Assassin.

Play a stealth and go try cc'ing a Sorc/Sage. Don't play the class , but I do know they have the ability, either a cleanse or that damn bubble breaks it. But don't take the word of someone that plays an Op and Assassin.

I play both assassin and sorc. Sorcs only have 2 breaks. The breaker and the bubble. When a sorc guards it is usually better just to kill them or double sap them then stealth away and come back if they weren't smart enough to switch.

I play all 3 classes. Sorcs only have two CC breakers. Their baseline 2 minute breaker that everyone has then their force barrier that is on a 3 minute CD. Not sure where you got the silly idea that they have 3....OH wait I know what happened. You probably filled their resolve like most bad stealthers do without realizing what resolve does.

Bots are really easy to spot in PvE. They are always high level and farming low level areas. I whisper them first to see if there is a player at the keyboard, if not I switch to the opposing faction, get on a healer and then go back to their location and start healing their targets. At this point it becomes pretty damn obvious as they just keep beating away at the same target until the NPC's i'm healing eventually kill them. Then I file my report to Bioware.

just a side issue, but...I farm low level stuff with my 55s whenever I'm leveling new toons soon, and I never reply to those ridiculous PMs. I mean...who the hell are you? do I know you? why should I give you the time of day? I do get those PMs every once in a while, and they don't get a reply. I'm going to assume that I'm not alone in not responding to those PMs.

Most people wouldn't know the difference between 10m and 30m even if the measuring tape was right in their face. Every time multiple leap "hacks" pop up its always a situation of either leap and intercede, leap>push> leap or leap and obliterate. Juggernauts can leap several times and marauders in rage spec can leap twice but people always fail to realize these things and yell "hax!"

I've said I questioned it, and the difference was obvious, it was mid in civil war, leap from one side to me, then leapt right back to the other side. So no, no where near 10m. And as said, I questioned it at the time, and no one has been able to give me an actual explanation of how this is possible,

I've said I questioned it, and the difference was obvious, it was mid in civil war, leap from one side to me, then leapt right back to the other side. So no, no where near 10m. And as said, I questioned it at the time, and no one has been able to give me an actual explanation of how this is possible,

He might have been pulled by a sorc.

I play both assassin and sorc. Sorcs only have 2 breaks. The breaker and the bubble. When a sorc guards it is usually better just to kill them or double sap them then stealth away and come back if they weren't smart enough to switch.

Same, I play both... 2 breaks only... If you are alone, definitely finish off the Sorc first... If you have a another person you can time the cc... So you can double stun and cap... If they break the first and second quickly, wait till their resolve goes and cc again... The stun break is on cool down then