The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guilds do not retain ownership of the previous conquest event planet....

GreenLantern

I am hoping this is some sort of bug that can be worked out...otherwise this whole system just doesn't make any sense.

The logical way the system would work is that guilds would own any planets from previous conquests until said planets come up for grabs again in another conquest event. Otherwise, whats the point of the mount if you can only use it on one obscure planet at a time for 24 hours...And are we expected to hold off on our invasion of a new planet and wait for days in hopes that a named planetary commander will spawn on our planet (which it probably wont) so we can use our Starship Orbital Flyby? Is this just a system created for us to spend millions of credits and hours on achievements and titles and not to actually incentivize playing all aspects of the game? HOW DOES ANY OF THIS MAKE SENSE? WHAT IS THE POINT?

Eric...Tait...New girl...Old girl...one of you please just tell me this is a bug that needs to be worked out...

I'm curious if you lose control of a planet when you move your ship to conquer another one.

For some reason I thought that these would run in a cycle with the top guild getting control of the planet until the cycle came back around to it and if a guild decided to conquest another planet they'd lose control of the one they held.

With the number of planets available, it would have spread the conquests around a bit. Instead we get the same large guilds in the top 10 every week.

Working as intended. Move you ship off your controlled planet? You gave up your conquest rights.

What's wrong with that? It gives someone else an opportunity to take control since your "space" support left for a different planet.

Edited by Liquor

Working as intended. Move you ship off your controlled planet? You gave up your conquest rights.

What's wrong with that? It gives someone else an opportunity to take control since your "space" support left for a different planet.

Except that the same planets aren't up for conquest this week... Soooo, if we conquer a planet, we should ignore the next conquest event? What good is the mount and the orbital flyby if we can't hold a sector for more than a couple days without having to skip entire conquest events?

Ya the whole thing doesn't make any sense. Is as if they threw strongholds without knowing what they were doing. If you conquer a Planet you should be able to retain it until ist up for grabs again and if you choose to defend it you should be able to. If not, whats the point?

I just logged on today to see that we lost Makeb and it was up for grabs again when there are still 7 more planets that havent even been on rotation yet. You would expect all 15 planets to be able to be conquered first (a cycle) before letting you conquer the same planet after 2 weeks.

I really hope its a bug because conquest wont make any sense at all, flybys, the walker etc. would be pointless.

It kind of removes the benefit of conquering a planet...

Why?

Well, because one of the biggest reasons to WIN a planet, is to get the Flyby so you can drop the 6 hour shields off the named Commanders. So if you conquer a planet in one cycle, and in the next cycle want to compete on another one, you have to abandon the rewards from your previous week and lose the flyby on the conquered planet?

I suppose it's possible that it IS working as intended, and this is Bioware's way of hoping that especially larger guilds, will conquer a planet, and STAY ON THAT PLANET during the next cycle/cycles in order to take advantage of the benefits of retaining the benefits of a conquered planet, which would open opportunities for other guilds (especially smaller guilds) to compete in subsequent conquest events.

In practice however, I'd imagine that guilds will prioritize winning a new planet, over retaining the rewards from the previous one, which not only keeps the competition prospect for smaller guilds at a minimum, but also makes winning a planet outside of the titles, completely useless.

Bioware/Devs... can we get an answer on whether or not this is working as intended? Or is it a bug?

Is this just a system created for us to spend millions of credits and hours on achievements and titles

Yes.

And the way it "should" work is that you retain conquest on a planet you have conquered until either (1) the planet is conquered by another guild in a subsequent round; or (2) your guild conquers a second planet.

If you want to conquer a second planet, go right ahead, but your conquest on the first should be released as soon as you win on the second. If you want to keep the first one, then you should have to stay there until it comes into contention again, and when it does defend it and win again if you want to retain possession for another cycle.

Edited by Heezdedjim

The conquest system was designed to pull excess out of the economy, both in terms of credits and available mats and items.

Likewise, it was designed to have people doing old content again in huge numbers, to reinvigorate the player base by pushing Guild pride as a reason to log in and do stuff that we've already done a million times. Only 'now' we do it for bragging rights and titles. Oh, and to open up Guild ships.

I'm very okay with that. This gives the developers breathing room to build new planets and new operations and new FPs(with the requisite SMs bumped up to HM versions, I'm looking at you Colicoid War Games...)

I'm looking at you Colicoid War Games...

Heh. CWG would be fun as a hard mode.

But I think I'd really enjoy a HM Red Reaper. I've seen storymode RR bring well-geared groups to their knees. Let's see what happens when a Mara force-leaps-Leeroy's a room full of elites and champions.

:eek::D:p

Your ship location has zero relation to which planet you are invading. The GM invades directly from the conquest UI, and the only thing that ties it to the guild ships at all is that you need one to activate conquests.