The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is anything going to be done so that guild conquests aren't quantity > quality?

CaptainDiomedes

Well a good start I think (and I like the conquest stuff for most part, excluding the emphases placed on sub par warzone pvp) would be you only get conquest points if your opponents green or higher in level difficulty

The only issue I have with this is (it's a good suggestion tbh), there simply aren't enough things at 55 that offer a challenge much above a 50 anyway. For the sake of this game, I think leaving the easy runs in, is in the games best interest long term...for variety, not for challenges. Stagnation has plagued this game since launch...without the variety, I would be afraid Conquest would suffer the same fate.

Edited by TUXs

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solution:

Any conquest-related FP should have a Bolster mechanic on it for the short term.

Newbies can still contribute to the FP.

Scary people can't do it in 15 minutes or less.

Once the event is over, it goes back to normal.

Not a bad suggestion...I wonder what it would take to program for it. Could a 55 do Conquest events with a 39 in your vision of this?

What would you suggest exactly? What type of "activity" can you think of that rewards all players who participate AND rewards their guild, that doesn't favor numbers?

I dunno? Maybe actually conquering the planet instead of running some level 10 FP over and over? I know there is commanders, but why go there and do wpvp when you can just speed run lowbie content. But this is BW we are talking about. They do everything in quantity > quality.

Solution:

Any conquest-related FP should have a Bolster mechanic on it for the short term.

Newbies can still contribute to the FP.

Scary people can't do it in 15 minutes or less.

Once the event is over, it goes back to normal.

So, what happens for people who just want to farm ds/ls points on the lowbie FPs?

So, what happens for people who just want to farm ds/ls points on the lowbie FPs?

You'd almost have to set a third mode for this content. So in addition to story mode and hard mode, you would also have "Conquest" mode, which would bolster all players to the same level and grant conquest points.

The down side is the development time top do this to every flashpoint (and probably op) out there just so you can make it work. I don't think I see that happening.

Also, to my original point, if you slow down farming of Flashpoints and Ops, people will just move to farming the next fastest option. Maybe that's PvP or GSF, and you try to plug that by making it wins only, so people move on to farming kills and heroics on planets. Block those somehow? Crafiing!

As long as their is repeatable content for points, people will farm them. Slowing down progression on the FotM (of maybe FotC would be better?) just changes the flavor, it doesn't address the root issue.

Farming will not go away unless you remove all repeatable content. Remove all repeatable content and it becomes an Alt war, which is just another form of farming. Cap the number of players, and it becomes a race instead, which favors whoever has Tuesday mornings off from school and work.

I hate to say it (again), but conquests were built as farming wars. I agree it would be nice to address some of these issues, but the root complaint of the OP isn't going to be altered.

You'd almost have to set a third mode for this content. So in addition to story mode and hard mode, you would also have "Conquest" mode, which would bolster all players to the same level and grant conquest points.

The down side is the development time top do this to every flashpoint (and probably op) out there just so you can make it work. I don't think I see that happening.

Also, to my original point, if you slow down farming of Flashpoints and Ops, people will just move to farming the next fastest option. Maybe that's PvP or GSF, and you try to plug that by making it wins only, so people move on to farming kills and heroics on planets. Block those somehow? Crafiing!

As long as their is repeatable content for points, people will farm them. Slowing down progression on the FotM (of maybe FotC would be better?) just changes the flavor, it doesn't address the root issue.

Farming will not go away unless you remove all repeatable content. Remove all repeatable content and it becomes an Alt war, which is just another form of farming. Cap the number of players, and it becomes a race instead, which favors whoever has Tuesday mornings off from school and work.

I hate to say it (again), but conquests were built as farming wars. I agree it would be nice to address some of these issues, but the root complaint of the OP isn't going to be altered.

You're absolutely right. Thank you for typing out a point that I'm too lazy to make. :D

There will always be someone who feels that the system is unfair, no matter what change is made. It is not perfect as-is, but it's not so bad. Yes, small guilds get punished, but BW has made a choice on the matter. Apparently not all content is meant to be consumed by all players.

Either make it so that only the top 100 legacies in a guild have their points applied or make it so conquest points are obtained through something actual semi-challenging (like flashpoints completed on your level).

LOL there's a hard cap of 500 members. That's 500 characters, not legacies. I don't think you've really done the math on what you're asking for.

Like someone else suggested, limiting it to a top cadre would just mean a select few farming points rather than encouraging full guild participation.

Maybe you should consider that this is intended to encourage THAT.

You want them to ham-string the system so that in larger guilds, only the most hard-core gamers with top of the line gaming rigs, and limitless free time have any incentive to participate. All in the name of being "fair" to micro-guilds.

I would propose one change.

The guild reward, including those guild ship tokens (or whatever it is), would be given to ALL players that have achieved their guild point requirement REGARDLESS of being in the top 10. The leaderboard would then serve as a tracking tool to see, who is the first and who is very close to them.

I would propose one change.

The guild reward, including those guild ship tokens (or whatever it is), would be given to ALL players that have achieved their guild point requirement REGARDLESS of being in the top 10. The leaderboard would then serve as a tracking tool to see, who is the first and who is very close to them.

Wouldn't that kinda defeat the entire purpose of the top 10? The top 10 would become as meaningless as Ranked PvP leader boards - wouldn't it?

Wouldn't that kinda defeat the entire purpose of the top 10? The top 10 would become as meaningless as Ranked PvP leader boards - wouldn't it?

Is that really an issue? E-peen is its own reward to some people. If it wasn't then there wouldn't be threads meant to track progression or world firsts.

I could get behind his proposed change as I don't see anything inherently wrong with rewarding all guilds for their effort (participation trophies for everyone!), but I can also understand why the devs might be against something like that.

Well given the rewards from the conquest system (a small amount of creds, few purple mats and decorations) Id say its pointless even now. This would at least help some of the smaller guilds that struggle or generally dont have a lot of mats/creds to spare.

They don't need to scale any of the flashpoints to level. Just have the conquest objective require groupfinder, since groupfinder won't allow 55s to queue for lowbie FP.

I don't mind the groupfinder conquest missions, but I really hate that they require the daily reward for it to count. It limits you to only running a flashpoint once per day per character. I get that they want you to only pick the fastest flashpoints but I think they can do this in a better way that allows you to run flashpoints multiple times.