conquest 35 000 target to high for casual players

loversoftwileks

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that casual, and some not so casual players, will have trouble getting 35k points. On the other hand, the reward isn't that great to begin with (at least for a 55er). The equivalent of 45k + assorted Jawa junk can be gotten by doing the Czerka dailies for 15-20 minutes. The only rather valuable thing is the gathering lockbox, but I imagine Bioware would save that for the top tier anyway. Anyway, what would the 12k point reward be? 10,000 credits? Doesn't really seem worth it.

Please make it a 3 tier system

12 500 small reward

25 000 medium reward

35 000 big reward

as it is now i will not try to get rewards because i don't hove the time to reach 35 000 .

Looks like you don't get the reward. No offense but not BW problem you don't have time, they don't just pick the numbers out of a hat, and definitely don't adjust them because a few very casusl players can't reach it.

People aren't thinking this through before asking for it to be lowered.

Any crafter can get 500 points, repeatedly, by crafting one of the new War Supplies items that get combined into an Invasion Force. The Invasion Force itself is worth 2000 points once per week.

Gather mats, craft.

You can also go and do old Heroics on the contested worlds. JC got Alderaan this week and it has 7 old Heroics that are stupidly easy to solo for anyone at 55. That's 3500 points per day per character for about an hours worth of time. If all you did was the Heroics, you'd be at 24,500 points for the week.

The Random Daily gets you points. The 3 Randoms Weekly gets you points. The 5 Tacticals Weekly gets you points. The GF Ops gets you points.

It's hard for someone with 4-8-12-23 characters to get 35k points on each of them, but it's stupidly easy to get 35k points on a single character.

It's not for casual players.

Why is it every time they try to add something to keep players busy who play all day everyday, casuals complain about not being able to do it? Every item that costs a lot of credits, casuals want it cheaper. :rolleyes:

Oh by the way, you can craft your way to 35k. My guildie reached the cap the 1st day from crafting.

Edited by Kourage

Looks like you don't get the reward. No offense but not BW problem you don't have time, they don't just pick the numbers out of a hat, and definitely don't adjust them because a few very casusl players can't reach it.

You had me until you said Bioware doesnt pull things out of a hat... We know thats not true... (See: Season 2 PvP rewards; DA:2; ME3 Ending)

You had me until you said Bioware doesnt pull things out of a hat... We know thats not true... (See: Season 2 PvP rewards; DA:2; ME3 Ending)

Great I got myself a new follower, the worst kind too , you know the kind that subs to a video game just so they can troll the forums...:rolleyes:

12 500 small reward

25 000 medium reward

35 000 big reward

as it is now i will not try to get rewards because i don't hove the time to reach 35 000 .

i don't think conquest is meant for casuals. that reward system i fine. there i no need for more spoon feeding.

People aren't thinking this through before asking for it to be lowered.

Any crafter can get 500 points, repeatedly, by crafting one of the new War Supplies items that get combined into an Invasion Force. The Invasion Force itself is worth 2000 points once per week.

Gather mats, craft.

You can also go and do old Heroics on the contested worlds. JC got Alderaan this week and it has 7 old Heroics that are stupidly easy to solo for anyone at 55. That's 3500 points per day per character for about an hours worth of time. If all you did was the Heroics, you'd be at 24,500 points for the week.

The Random Daily gets you points. The 3 Randoms Weekly gets you points. The 5 Tacticals Weekly gets you points. The GF Ops gets you points.

It's hard for someone with 4-8-12-23 characters to get 35k points on each of them, but it's stupidly easy to get 35k points on a single character.

That's not going to work so hot for a "casual"... for which the popular forum definition seems to be "does not actually play the game, ever." :(

Edited by DarthTHC

thats just the answer EA stockholders want to hear. dump your customers that arent able to make the game a full time job. that should do wonders for stock values

thats just the answer EA stockholders want to hear. dump your customers that arent able to make the game a full time job. that should do wonders for stock values

So long as a game doesn't exclusively make design and scaling decisions to the lowest common denominator, there will be people who won't / can't be pleased...

Edited by azudelphi

It's doable for just about anyone, on one character at least.

Unfortunately it also suddenly makes the game very alt unfriendly, since if you have limited time you'll have to ask yourself "Do I want to get something nice for my stronghold and dedicate my whole week to playing one character? Or do I actually want to play an alt and enjoy the story?"

It's doable for just about anyone, on one character at least.

Unfortunately it also suddenly makes the game very alt unfriendly, since if you have limited time you'll have to ask yourself "Do I want to get something nice for my stronghold and dedicate my whole week to playing one character? Or do I actually want to play an alt and enjoy the story?"

^This. Or, do I want to run WZs? Or any number of other awesome things there are to do in this game.

Oh, but I can't do this because I'm supposed to dedicate 100% of my time to farming credits, all of which must be dedicated to the guild in order to get a guild ship.

But, since I have to do so much crafting, I really need more legacy storage space, so I need to dedicate 100% of my time to farming credits to expand my legacy storage.

But, wait... :eek:

12 500 small reward

25 000 medium reward

35 000 big reward

if you play 2-3 hours a week, then its nigh impossible for 35k.

that said, conquests are built as SIDE bonuses.

crafting to get an invasion thing or get items built for your place, side bonus for conquest.

dailies on makeb require killing npcs, bonus 250 kills anyways for conquest (this is a weekly, not a daily, needs to be stressed, i did 250 kills in 20 minutes or so)

TC on makeb is literally 10 minutes with any half decent guild.

go PVP for a few hours, you get 1k for PARTICIPATION! dont even need to win, its that easy.

Conquests are catered as bonuses to crap you should already be doing or playstyles that are already employed by 99.9% of all the players. It caters to everything from crafters to pvpers to pve'er doing ops to people just doing dailies.

cannot complain about this at all. imo its a perfect setup. tiers for it are unecessary because the rewards are ultimately crap anyways. 25k credits. oh yea, great. but as a side thing that happens along the way, its pretty nice to have.

its not something to be aimed at and finished in 2 days, but thats just me.

if you play 2-3 hours a week, then its nigh impossible for 35k.

that said, conquests are built as SIDE bonuses.

crafting to get an invasion thing or get items built for your place, side bonus for conquest.

dailies on makeb require killing npcs, bonus 250 kills anyways for conquest (this is a weekly, not a daily, needs to be stressed, i did 250 kills in 20 minutes or so)

TC on makeb is literally 10 minutes with any half decent guild.

go PVP for a few hours, you get 1k for PARTICIPATION! dont even need to win, its that easy.

Conquests are catered as bonuses to crap you should already be doing or playstyles that are already employed by 99.9% of all the players. It caters to everything from crafters to pvpers to pve'er doing ops to people just doing dailies.

cannot complain about this at all. imo its a perfect setup. tiers for it are unecessary because the rewards are ultimately crap anyways. 25k credits. oh yea, great. but as a side thing that happens along the way, its pretty nice to have.

its not something to be aimed at and finished in 2 days, but thats just me.

it would be a perfect setup if they had included class story and planet quest it is what i do 90% of the time. and make it legacy wide not char wide.

It hardly seems difficult since all you have to do is play the game to earn points. Kill number of mobs on planet x: Jump on your alt on that planet if you want story and play. Run Heroics: check. Run flashpoints: check. Run Ops: Check. Craft them if you have them: Check.

All you have to do is play and you can earn 35k in 6 days easily.

They musn't lower it,actually, or it won't work for non casual players at all. if anything, the cap could be raised. I'll have maxed out my geared characters by mid afternoon today and i really didn't do that much--an op or two some crafting, a couple flashpoints....

This game has bent over backwards for casual players. It's ok if there's some content that requires additional time and effort.

They musn't lower it,actually, or it won't work for non casual players at all. if anything, the cap could be raised. I'll have maxed out my geared characters by mid afternoon today and i really didn't do that much--an op or two some crafting, a couple flashpoints....

This game has bent over backwards for casual players. It's ok if there's some content that requires additional time and effort.

It's not a cap, it's a goal. You can go way past 35k if you like, but you won't get the reward for the week unless you hit the 35k goal.

It's not a cap, it's a goal. You can go way past 35k if you like, but you won't get the reward for the week unless you hit the 35k goal.

Poor use of language on my part. I meant that after that point, i won't be contributing to my guild's conquest score, although that doesn't meant that what I craft won't be useful, or that I can't help achieve a victory that will give others points.

The goal is pretty low when you can surpass it in less than 2 days.

Edited by errant_knight

So long as a game doesn't exclusively make design and scaling decisions to the lowest common denominator, there will be people who won't / can't be pleased...

those "people that cant be pleased" are the ones bankrolling the game. the "special snowflakes" that treat it like a 40 hour job dont pay the bills. companies that forget this tend to have unhappy results. I am in a guild that will at least place on the leader board most likely and i will probably hit 35k. but I dont delude myself that the devs should cater to my playstyle to the exclusion of all else. yesterday was probably a profitable day for BW. they just need to watch out and remember one good day today will not balance out a lot of bad days in 3 months when your casual players are all on servers that some one else owns. not doom and gloom, just good business. when you are an entertainment company, you entertain all your customers..not just a select few.

It would be nice if it were Legacy wide...

How so? The 35k conquest points are for guild conquest I thought? And there is no guarantee that your entire legacy will all be in the same guild. I have characters spread across 3 guilds myself.

I think you're forgetting this is about a group of players in a guild earning 35k conquest points, not one individual player or player account.