[Bug] Lost the majority of the achievements from the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event

rafaelloaa

Hey everyone!

While it's still in the final stages of testing, I was really excited about this so I wanted to share it: we have identified a fix to the missing Nar Shaddaa Nightlife Achievements that will restore them back to their state when you last had them.

Assuming the testing all goes well, we're going to aim to get this fix into 3.2.1 next week!!!

-Tait, User of multiple exclamation points to convey how excited he is about this bug fix.

Please, tell us when this event will be returning. I had no idea (until after it was done) it had a decent looking Legacy Saber (finally, because all the legacy sabers currently in the game are ugly or do not fit any of my outfits) and cannot get a few of them until it returns. I have been waiting....:(

Edited by DarthVengeant

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

While it's still in the final stages of testing, I was really excited about this so I wanted to share it: we have identified a fix to the missing Nar Shaddaa Nightlife Achievements that will restore them back to their state when you last had them.

Assuming the testing all goes well, we're going to aim to get this fix into 3.2.1 next week!!!

-Tait, User of multiple exclamation points to convey how excited he is about this bug fix.

With as many problems as there are, maybe we should work on one at a time to ensure they're fixed. I.E. Prioritization. Bugs on Achievements Vs. people paid for transfers and haven't been able to do them yet. Just my two cents. Good job on the bug fix though. I just think if we focused on ONE issue at a time perhaps they'd come up less often. Who knows though, i'm not a developer to say.

Hey everyone!

Thank you Tait. Thank you team that fixed the bug. Thank you BioWare. THANK YOU. I love you.

God, if they would just say whether or not the event is returning it would stop us from constantly asking the question. Is it so hard to say "Yes, it's coming back" or "No, it was a one time event"? Is it?

The thing is, even if the event did come back, it doesn't mean the achievements are fixed. What's to say we earn them all again, and then they're all removed again?

The event returning is a completely separate thing to the achievements being fixed.

Hey everyone!

Yeah :D.

Looks like the fix was not complete. I was at 100% completion before it got broken. While I got some achievements back, I am now at 235/295. "Hammer the Machine" and "Jackpot!" were not regranted. :mad:

Also, the completion date now shows May 14th 2015 instead of the correct date but I guess we have to live with that...

Edited by Jerba

Looks like the fix was not complete. I was at 100% completion before it got broken. While I got some achievements back, I am now at 235/295. "Hammer the Machine" and "Jackpot!" were not regranted. :mad:

Also, the completion date now shows May 14th 2015 instead of the correct date but I guess we have to live with that...

I noticed the same date on mine as well. And I am missing Payout and Jackpot and there is no way in hell I will try to win that rancor again a second time after spending close to 6 million the 1st time.

Same here, this fix is incomplete. My achievements for this were at 100% at the end of the event last year. For me just Jackpot is missing, all the rest have reappeared. I have that Rancor on one of my characters so I can prove I completed it. No way I want to bother winning another.

Please review your fix and complete it properly.

Indeed, the "fix" hasn't been 100% accurate in what has been restored.

- "Payout" hasn't been fixed.

- "Big Prize" was granted (I haven't won this!)

- "Jackpot!" hasn't been fixed.

Have no concerns over the date being wrong, that's by the by, however it would be nice if someone over at Czerka could go back in and see what exactly has gone wrong with the fix :D

Hey Guys!

Same on my Account - most of the acchievements are back, but I am still missing my Rancor acchievement.

Here is a photolink@imgur. ;)

It shows the char, mounted on the rancor and also showing the rancormonut on the right side of the UI.

BW please give us another patch to solve the problem.

Never the less, thx in advance BW for getting this done and giving us back most of our acchievments.

regards

Herzdrache :D

Very interesting fix indeed, I wasn't granted "Jackpot!" which i did earn, but WAS granted "Big Prize" which I didn't :eek:

Having said that, I am very grateful that you've restored the rest of the Nightlife achievements though :)

Thanks for the reports - we're looking into why the script didn't grant all the missing Achievements. I'll let you know when I get any update on a fix!

Same issue as above. Had previously obtained all achievements. Then lost them. Today, I received all of them back (though with a May 14, 2015 date) except for Jackpot! which is listed as not completed even though I won multiple rancors.

Also having a similar issue with some Ziost Achievements. I submitted a bug report for this already, but since it also involves completed achievements not recording correctly, thought I would post here since it may be related (and similar fix):

Have the "Defeated Aegis Squadron ZX-4" achievement, but the Defeated Aegis Squadron "meta" achievement lists it as missing. Similarly, have the "Evacuation Expert" achievement completed, but the "Ziost Competist" achievement shows it as missing.

Edited by judgeender

I can confirm an incomplete fix. Please see the screenshot

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z82/phalczen/Screenshot_2015-05-27_12_42_52_261813.jpg

I had earned all the achievements pre-bug. In todays patch, I was not granted anything that I had not already properly earned. Now, everything is complete (as it should be) EXCEPT the rancor jackpot, which as you can see from the screenshot I clearly own. Since it is bind on legacy, there is no other way I could have the Kingpin's Rancor EXCEPT by winning it and therefore earning the achievement, which is the only achievement still missing.

Edited by phalczen

Add me as another who didn't get all their achievements restored. Got most of them, but didn't get:

Jackpot!

"Won a Rancor from a Kingpin's Bounty slot machine".

I have the rancor in my available vehicles, and I have another unused one in my Legacy Stroage.

Thanks for the reports - we're looking into why the script didn't grant all the missing Achievements. I'll let you know when I get any update on a fix!

LOL, called it.

Chances are, the reason for the long maintenance is the re-grant of the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event achievements. I would guess that, like the 12x XP hotfix script, this has to go through the list of every account, cross-reference with some kind of archive of Achievement information, and add the necessary achievements.

Unlike the 12x XP script, this one will do more than simply test for account type and flip a switch. It will have to grant multiple achievements, and can apply to both Subscribers and non-Subscribers, which (considering how long it took for the 12x XP script to run) would certainly explain the maintenance time.

I'm missing the <Sound of Rain>, <High Roller>, and whatever that hidden achievement was called where you blow up the machine. I got that twice and still didn't get a Rancor (which is why I don't need the Rancor achievement refunded too, since I never earned it :D) Edited by idnewton