Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

As i stated earlier, unsubbing is a great way to provoke forth a response from BW/EA. And the more people unsub over this, and make notes that this is the reason they are unsubbing, the quicker BW/EA will sort this issue.

Actually by Un-Subbing you make the EU Servers lighter, thus making the server load lower & that Maintenance time less dramatic, reducing the argument for those that stay. Additionally you can no longer post your grievances here, on this forum.

If you REALLY want to get EA/BioWare to notice you need to start making Very Loud Noises at GameSpot, IGN, & all Gaming Sites ... Making a statement that the EU Players are getting sh*ft*d.

By Un-Subbing, you are no longer a customer, no longer have any say on this forum & the voice of dissatisfaction becomes a whisper. That's how EA work. The only time EA took notice of their customer base is when they nearly went bankrupt a couple years ago & there was word Disney would buy them up. They started listening then, but they have started to get complacent again.

Un-sub & you make this problem go away for them. Instead you want to make ripples across the Gaming World ... Bad Press is so hard to shake. Don't believe the hype that any press is good press.

They intended to step the launch to avoid queues ... they failed there, but it is getting better, they do not want the bad reputation that some games had at launch ... now they are sh*ft*ng the EU Community. Don't just walk away ...

... MAKE A NOISE

EDIT:

11.20am:

There is just one (1) Light EU Server at this time. The remaining are either Heavy, Very Heavy or Full

11.20am:

Edited by KrazieFox

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it, not me :p

Schoolholidays also cover College and University, besides, many people take a few extra days off 1st week of January in these parts (NL)

So yeah, it's a holiday period on the 4th of January.

They are standard working days, the 27th is a holiday in the UK due to you getting your Christmas holiday extended if one or more of the 2 days falls on a weekend.

But that said 27th to 30 are normal workings days as is the 2nd of January onwards, when would you suggest they did it? If you think about it no matter if or not people are on holiday the heaviest load on the servers is always in the evenings, even if you get 3 times the amount of log ins during the day over a holiday period you will still have more players in the evening (after dinner and when the kids are in bed ect).

No evening patches please and as I work evenings I'd like the servers open form 11pm until about 3am when so I can play after work (selfish of me I know).

You said it, not me :p

Schoolholidays also cover College and University, besides, many people take a few extra days off 1st week of January in these parts (NL)

So yeah, it's a holiday period on the 4th of January.

I went to university - EVERY day was holiday frankly appart from some nasty days in May.

the 4th isnt a 'holiday period', its just a time that happens to be popular for people taking time off, same could be said about the middle of the summer - but they still have to pick one day each week.

Holiday periods are like 24th-27th December - thats a true 'holiday' period when almost everyone is off for at least some of the days.

By Un-Subbing, you are no longer a customer, no longer have any say on this forum & the voice of dissatisfaction becomes a whisper. That's how EA work. The only time EA took notice of their customer base is when they nearly went bankrupt a couple years ago & there was word Disney would buy them up. They started listening then, but they have started to get complacent again.

You have a point, but there is other side to this coin.

By unsubbing, game loses it's playerbase, loses it's income. With other EA games, they only had to sell it once, once caught customer was no longer important. Now they have to keep them, or lure more.

Now, if 1/4 of EU population(I won't belive more people would cancel over this, and that's including those that indent to play anyway) would cancel giving maintainance timeframe as reason, they would have a lot of potential cutomers that can be lured by nothing more than shifting mainanence times for europe - something that would make other 3/4 also happy, and isn't especialy hard.

Schoolholiday kinda says it, and although most of the public sector resumes business 1st week of January, many remain closed till the 2nd week, wich would make it a holiday period.

But since this thread wasn't about wich days are classified as holidays, but about the insane maintenance timeslot, i suggest we focus on that ;)

Schoolholiday kinda says it, and although most of the public sector resumes business 1st week of January, many remain closed till the 2nd week, wich would make it a holiday period.

But since this thread wasn't about wich days are classified as holidays, but about the insane maintenance timeslot, i suggest we focus on that ;)

But it wouldnt be an 'insane' time slot because if its not a 'holiday period' then everyone will be at work/school/university and thus it wont actually affect them.

Its only an issue because people are claiming that it IS a holiday period and thus people will be off that day in order to play it.

But it wouldnt be an 'insane' time slot because if its not a 'holiday period' then everyone will be at work/school/university and thus it wont actually affect them.

Its only an issue because people are claiming that it IS a holiday period and thus people will be off that day in order to play it.

It's insane regardless of what day, and even more so because the 4th is in a holidayperiod.

It's insane regardless of what day, and even more so because the 4th is in a holidayperiod.

Its not 'insane' regardless of what day it is. Its down during work hours (slightly worse if you are GMT+2) - its moderately annoying. At most its keeping people who work/go to school from playing for 1-2 hours.

Its only an 'insane' time if its a 'holiday period' in which case you are stopping people from playing for 10+hours.

I dispute that its a 'holiday period'

Either Bioware simply can't service only EU or US servers since the servers are all the same version and you can connect from EU to US and vice versa or they simply don't know how. But this is utter bollocks. You take down the server for an entire EU day and most of the evening and then tell with a straight face that "it will not be EU prime time this time"? Are you serious?

Its not 'insane' regardless of what day it is. Its down during work hours (slightly worse if you are GMT+2) - its moderately annoying. At most its keeping people who work/go to school from playing for 1-2 hours.

Its only an 'insane' time if its a 'holiday period' in which case you are stopping people from playing for 10+hours.

Dispute all you want, it is a holiday period for most people. Everyone in higher or lower education are free and those that aren't are mostly on vacation.

If you don't care for proper customer service, just don't post?

Simple as that people have the right to voice their concern about poor costumer service.

They should be happy people actually voice their concern and give them a chance to change it.

Most of the times you don't get a second chance when you blunder like this.

We all got our forum heroes stating 'just leave' which shows their lack of knowledge about these subjects.

You aren't being helpful or adult by stating this.

If Bioware loses subs it will hurt the game in the long run , this isn't only related to the EU platers.

While some people voice their concern on the forum many will just quit when they don't like something.

Want a fun example WOW, it lost a lot of subs.

The people threatening that they will leave are still on the forum moaning, mean while they lost what 2 mil of subs?

Can tell you most don't post on the forum.

You as costumer should demand the best quality no matter if it is your own interest or not.

This will benefit you in the end.

A company like EA/Bioware will spend as little resources as possible, if people let them you get automatic responses in game.

If people voice their concern and spread the word they will sing another tune since in the end they care about money period.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

Dispute all you want, it is a holiday period for most people. Everyone in higher or lower education are free and those that aren't are mostly on vacation.

Thats simply not 'most people'.

'most people' have gone back to work long before the 4th. Retail goes back on the 26th, office workers/ manufacturing on the 2nd/3rd.

I think im right in saying that the 'majority' of gamers are actually 21+ and thus not in education of any sort.

Of course, i got a warning for my first post, because apparently telling the truth, admitted by highly public figures (the leader of the people that i was talking about admitted it) is wrong. I will edit the post and remove the so called derogatory stuff that is considered an infraction.

Of course, comments that hint at European people being 2nd (if not worse) class people are not sanctioned, and thus encouraged.

Just for the record, this attitude is one of the reasons those people (the are 1st class people :rolleyes:) are so fiercely hated worldwide. Please google what worldwide means.

Also, it seems that you have a lot of time to give warnings (in like 2 minutes) but no time at all to address the situation. It's easier to just delete posts than to come up with something that would at least let us know that you're trying to sole the problem.

Infinite arrogance.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now i haven't posted in a while but this is getting ridiculous.

They AGAIN schedule a maintenance that messes up EU. Without any kind of apology, and after what happened last time. They simply throw ***** in the face of all EU customers, with an arrogance and indifference second to none.

EU players pay more for this game. Period.

EU players pay more for the service. Period.

EU player really do have less access to the service, unlike US players. Period.

More than 75% of Europeans are using GMT+1 and GMT+2, adding even more bitterness to your attitude.

[so called derogatory content deleted]

If they would have scheduled the maintenance in a time-frame up to 8 PM PST or EST you'd have rioted. Especially if, in the meantime, the European maintenance would have been done in the night time.

So what happened with the "highest quality of service"? You have an European team in Ireland (where the European server are located) supposedly in order to benefit us as customers. So we're getting messed up with this idiotic maintenance schedule while the server is located in the WORST POSSIBLE REGION for European players.

So what's up with the "highest quality of service" thing? Was it a lie, just like most things you come up with?

So how far can your arrogance can go?

How can you throw so many blatant lies in our face?

How uneducated are you really (once again, worldwide means a lot more than just US and some select parts of Europe)?

How friggin hard is to, for once, say "we're sorry, we've messed up and we're gonna make it batter"?

P.S. EU is used in this post to refer to Europe, not European Union.

[so called derogatory content deleted]

I am sure that there are lots and lots of US people that are educated and smart. Everyone knows this, since most of them came and still come from Europe, India, China etc. as immigrants.

Edited by Urdnaxela

You can dispute to your heart's delight, the topic of this thread is called 'Weekly server maintenance EU times?' and my original post is about that, not about wether or not the 4th is classified as a holiday, it's about 8+ hours downtime midday and early evening every week, and what can be done to change that.

You can dispute to your heart's delight, the topic of this thread is called 'Weekly server maintenance EU times?' and my original post is about that, not about wether or not the 4th is classified as a holiday, it's about 8+ hours downtime midday and early evening every week, and what can be done to change that.

Amen to that

Also, it seems that you have a lot of time to give warnings (in like 2 minutes) but no time at all to address the situation. It's easier to just delete posts than to come up with something that would at least let us know that you're trying to sole the problem.

Let's stay civilized, please?

You say so much about thinking and education, and haven't figured that people moderating forums aren't ones with any say in this matter.

But, if they are in same office as people that do('if' is important part), they could(pretty please? :p) go and pull someone by ear and make him give us answer.

On the other hand, answer we want might not be what they can give, so it's better to not say anything than piss off people more.

Altough saying "we'll (at least) try to make maintenance for EU separate from US" is all we realy need.

Edited by Elear

Bioware and some us posters in these thread made me remember this thing: t-shirt, made in China, but sold in USA is by definition of highest possible quality. The same t-shirt sold anywhere outside USA is by definition of low quality.

That comment is related to "highest quality of service" lies.

On subject... point is holiday or not, but EU maintenance time frame should be the same LOCAL time as US local time.

Examples:2:00 AM CST = 2:00 AM CET, 4:00 AM CST = 4:00 AM CET (preferred).

Edited by Alexx_T

It's pretty embarrassing that BW/EA haven't made any sort of sorry, we'll change it post and given free game time.

Still waiting some apologies form the warhammer online and apb fiasco, so keep waiting.

Hope this game don't take the same way, because is very good but could be great.

In which case, its 'midly annoying' but so long as it doesnt over run it doesnt affect anyone who works (unless they are GMT +3).

IT only affects people at home all day or IF IT IS A HOLIDAY. If you arent at home during the day it doesnt affect you, thus the holiday period is the most important part of the entire arguement.