Guild Ship Frameworks and PVP Flagging

Daekarus

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do i need to point out the fact that its a video game we voluntarily play?

you realize how exhausting it must be for developers to cater to entitled crybabies that expect everyone around them to cater to their needs and wishes? take responsibility for your own enjoyment. its not my job to make sure you're having fun. if you're not enjoying an online video game, find another one. instead you voluntarily login then proceed to whine and cry.

almost as hard as it is to cater to entitled psychopath 12 year olds...and they are an ENTERTAINMENT company, so yes, it is their business to make sure we are having fun

I would suggest that they add Encryptions and Framework drops to HM DF/DP 16man bosses. If you're worried about people getting too many Encryptions or Framework drops, then add the reward to the Weekly bosses only, instead.

No its too easy to run those. Between alts and pugging a couple people, guilds could easily run 16 mans every night. If you went this route it would have to be like a 10% drop chance off the very last boss. Not to mention your idea would give a massive advantage to raid guilds over any other type of guild because you can run 16 mans way more than you can find commanders or craft.

Also the crafting isn't too much. Gships where clearly designed as something that has to be worked on over time, for a very long time. The scarcity and difficulty of killing commanders and the huge crafting requirements all point towards the fact that having a fully unlocked gship is something that should take a guild a year maybe more.

Edited by Zoom_VI

I have done WZs and guarded people. You know what happens? Either the guard does no good and the person dies immediately anyway or everyone just focused me down instead and we lost soundly. Meanwhile my DPS was too low to burn through anyone else before I died. I was very disappointed, I expected to be able to make a difference as a tank because I had been told guard was effective. With TTks so short, it really doesn't matter at all... he with the fastest reflexes wins. If I wanted to play a twitch PvP game this would be my last choice.

My Bad Alert is firing off the charts.

I love PvP and this has NEVER EVER been my objective. Upsetting people brings you joy? Seriously...what the hell? Are you really that ignorant that you don't see how self defeating that mentality is? What happens when that player stops logging in? What happens when enough players stop logging in that you begin to wait longer in queues? What happens when the queues suddenly cease to pop? Do you "win" then? HELL NO!!!! You've just become the biggest looser!

PvP is as much about respecting your enemy as anything else...because they are your ONLY content. Forget that part of it and you're a fool! Piss them off and they stop playing with you.

Well said. PvP or PvE, if we want to continue enjoying a multi-player game, the other players have to enjoy it too.

do i need to point out the fact that its a video game we voluntarily play?

you realize how exhausting it must be for developers to cater to entitled crybabies that expect everyone around them to cater to their needs and wishes? take responsibility for your own enjoyment. its not my job to make sure you're having fun. if you're not enjoying an online video game, find another one. instead you voluntarily login then proceed to whine and cry.

And the difference is that my enjoyment isn't predicated on making you miserable. That makes you the problem.

No its too easy to run those. Between alts and pugging a couple people, guilds could easily run 16 mans every night. If you went this route it would have to be like a 10% drop chance off the very last boss. Not to mention your idea would give a massive advantage to raid guilds over any other type of guild because you can run 16 mans way more than you can find commanders or craft.

Also the crafting isn't too much. Gships where clearly designed as something that has to be worked on over time, for a very long time. The scarcity and difficulty of killing commanders and the huge crafting requirements all point towards the fact that having a fully unlocked gship is something that should take a guild a year maybe more.

Too easy for you, maybe. And if you're worried it that much then we'll set a limit to how many Encryptions/Frameworks you can gain in a week.

Too easy for you, maybe. And if you're worried it that much then we'll set a limit to how many Encryptions/Frameworks you can gain in a week.

Make them a 25% drop chance only from Brontes and the Council in HM and a 25% drop chance for all bosses in NiM.

And the difference is that my enjoyment isn't predicated on making you miserable. That makes you the problem.
Neither is mine. As delicious as carebear tears are, my enjoyment is predicated on a great many things.

I would encourage you to enjoy the mountain of non-pvp related elements in the upcoming patch...you know...the features that make up about 99% of the patch rather than dwelling on this one thing.

Edited by Pagy

Right, but Commanders are also in the PvP area. Right? Risk/Reward.

And with a team there to guard them while they're doing the Commanders, it'll be a hilariously easy fight. Risk =/= Hard.

Like I said, if you're worried about other guilds getting ahead of you, let's just institute a pacing mechanism such as a Guild only being able to gather 1 Framework per week.

Some people just don't like PVP in this game. I'm not saying give those people a quicker easier way to get ahead, just a path to take that doesn't require them to pull their hair out in frustration.

And if the idea of your fellow players being frustrated and angry appeals to you, I'd suggest you get therapy.

And with a team there to guard them while they're doing the Commanders, it'll be a hilariously easy fight. Risk =/= Hard.

Like I said, if you're worried about other guilds getting ahead of you, let's just institute a pacing mechanism such as a Guild only being able to gather 1 Framework per week.

Some people just don't like PVP in this game. I'm not saying give those people a quicker easier way to get ahead, just a path to take that doesn't require them to pull their hair out in frustration.

And if the idea of your fellow players being frustrated and angry appeals to you, I'd suggest you get therapy.

Read my earlier comments in this very thread if you think I enjoy anyone being frustrated.

It's ironic...people complain about the 50 million credit buy-in for this content, and several of you laugh it off and suggest the content may not be for everyone and even suggest they're "lazy" for not wanting to "work" for it...yet those same people are the ones so against the optional risk (not even a guarantee) of PvP for a component to unlock more rooms - PvP being the easy way to get the components. Maybe additional rooms aren't meant for everyone huh?

It's ironic...people complain about the 50 million credit buy-in for this content, and several of you laugh it off and suggest the content may not be for everyone and even suggest they're "lazy" for not wanting to "work" for it...yet those same people are the ones so against the optional risk (not even a guarantee) of PvP for a component to unlock more rooms - PvP being the easy way to get the components. Maybe additional rooms aren't meant for everyone huh?

Personally, I don't have a problem with either the price OR the PvP flagging.

The fact that conquest involves most every type of gameplay, including PvP, PvE, GSF, solo, and group activities seems like a GOOD thing to me.

I had the same opinion about the HK-51 quest line. But it seemed like I was in the minority due to the excessive posts complaining about the sensor sold in the Outlaw's Den.

Some players seem to think that anything that pushes them outside their comfort zone needs to be killed with fire. It's just all too silly to me. If there's something in the game I don't like doing, then I DON'T DO IT.

Anyone that doesn't like the PvP flagging from conquest commanders have alternate means of getting those same rewards.

Edited by Khevar

Read my earlier comments in this very thread if you think I enjoy anyone being frustrated.

PVP certainly isn't for everyone. I'm not spiteful or petty enough to enjoy it.

That said, I see nothing wrong with options, such as HM bosses or last bosses in SM GF dropping Encryptions/rare chance for Frameworks. If people are worried about other guilds getting ahead, just implement a '1 Framework per week' pacing mechanism. Or whatever is appropriate.

Simply put, there's just too many petty spiteful players who are looking to make people angry by stopping them from doing PVE bosses like these Commanders. We saw as much in the stream when a group of pubs came in to wipe the Imperials who came with Musco. They had no reason to do it other than to make the Imperials and Musco angry. The only reason they couldn't completely stop it from happening was Dev tricks like Immunity and one-shot kill abilities.

I don't think the game should encourage this sort of petty behavior.

Bear in mind, I say this knowing that we'll be farming the Commanders since the pubs are light on this server. Me and mine won't have any problems getting the Commanders even as I loathe PVP. I don't think the pubs on my server will enjoy the OW PVP thing though since we outnumber them 5 to 1.

Neither is mine. As delicious as carebear tears are, my enjoyment is predicated on a great many things.

I would encourage you to enjoy the mountain of non-pvp related elements in the upcoming patch...you know...the features that make up about 99% of the patch rather than dwelling on this one thing.

Ummm.. who said anything about tears? Open World PvPers like you are like nests of yellowjackets: they're annoying when you come across them but easy to deal with by simply waiting. Of course, the real yellowjackets actually have the power to do something significant whereas you really don't.

I have a nonparticipation policy towards OWPvP. I ignore people in the Outlaw's Den. If they want to kill me I just stand there and let them. Usually they wander off after that and I've lost nothing. If they stick around I'll just let them kill me again and leave my body unrezzed while I go play with the dog or watch TV or something. Eventually I'll check and they'll be gone, and I continue doing what I wanted. In neither case did that person get any real PvP nor did I lose anything.

I actually don't really care much about this patch... only Legacy Storage and the new FP. The guild ships are neat but beyond being able to pitch in to help the guild I don't really care what the result is. I have a real house that's far more rewarding to work on...

PVP certainly isn't for everyone. I'm not spiteful or petty enough to enjoy it.

That said, I see nothing wrong with options, such as HM bosses or last bosses in SM GF dropping Encryptions/rare chance for Frameworks. If people are worried about other guilds getting ahead, just implement a '1 Framework per week' pacing mechanism. Or whatever is appropriate.

Simply put, there's just too many petty spiteful players who are looking to make people angry by stopping them from doing PVE bosses like these Commanders. We saw as much in the stream when a group of pubs came in to wipe the Imperials who came with Musco. They had no reason to do it other than to make the Imperials and Musco angry. The only reason they couldn't completely stop it from happening was Dev tricks like Immunity and one-shot kill abilities.

I don't think the game should encourage this sort of petty behavior.

Bear in mind, I say this knowing that we'll be farming the Commanders since the pubs are light on this server. Me and mine won't have any problems getting the Commanders even as I loathe PVP. I don't think the pubs on my server will enjoy the OW PVP thing though since we outnumber them 5 to 1.

That's unfair to call them "petty" and "spiteful" just because they like to PvP...I love PvP because it's far more challenging than PvE. PvE bosses are static, players are wildly unpredictable. I enjoy the challenge I get in PvP, plus how fresh it always feels.

I understand that you dislike PvP and I understand that farming the Commander will lead to frustration at times...but I'm also pleased Bioware even thought about the PvP element...they usually don't. There's an alternative method to get the components...I don't see any reason this can't be used to promote PvP...Also, watch the GTN...these will be up for sale. You'll get them in time.

That's unfair to call them "petty" and "spiteful" just because they like to PvP...I love PvP because it's far more challenging than PvE. PvE bosses are static, players are wildly unpredictable. I enjoy the challenge I get in PvP, plus how fresh it always feels.

I have to agree with this. Just because I don't like an activity doesn't mean that all of those who do are somehow deranged or petty (Pagy notwithstanding, who seems to be both by his own admission). I don't agree with TUX on everything, but he seems to be an upstanding guy all around - I don't think we should be tarring everyone with the same brush. PvP IS more challenging and unpredictable, and some people like that. I'm a builder, not a conqueror, so that's not me, but I'm certainly not going to criticize people who enjoy mutually consenting PvP. Just leave me out of it. :)

I have to agree with this. Just because I don't like an activity doesn't mean that all of those who do are somehow deranged or petty (Pagy notwithstanding, who seems to be both by his own admission). I don't agree with TUX on everything, but he seems to be an upstanding guy all around - I don't think we should be tarring everyone with the same brush. PvP IS more challenging and unpredictable, and some people like that. I'm a builder, not a conqueror, so that's not me, but I'm certainly not going to criticize people who enjoy mutually consenting PvP. Just leave me out of it. :)

We are leaving you out of it. You are free to build and craft to your heart's content if you like. In fact, it's one of the ways to get the materials you need! The only way you have to pvp for them is by mutually consenting to PVP by entering a PVP zone. If you don't want to PVP for them, then don't! Take the builder's path instead and get the mats through crafting.

So... what exactly is the problem then?

Edited by Prisoner

We are leaving you out of it. You are free to build and craft to your heart's content if you like. In fact, it's one of the ways to get the materials you need! The only way you have to pvp for them is by mutually consenting to PVP by entering a PVP zone. If you don't want to PVP for them, then don't! Take the builder's path instead and get the mats through crafting.

So... what exactly is the problem then?

The original problem in that direction is that the crafting route is several orders of magnitude slower. It's so ineffective as to be not a choice. I certainly won't be wasting my time on it, and I have heard comments from many others along the same lines.

The original problem in that direction is that the crafting route is several orders of magnitude slower. It's so ineffective as to be not a choice. I certainly won't be wasting my time on it, and I have heard comments from many others along the same lines.

Perhaps a different perception of pvp will harmonize better with your "builder" self.

You're not conquering, you're deconstructing reds.

Edited by Joesixxpack

To all you who are upset about my words:

Do you enjoy tackling people and forcing PVP when they're in the middle of doing other stuff and plainly aren't interested in playing patty-cake with PVPers? This is, of course, assuming it happens in places like these imminent Contested zones and the Outlaw's Den on Tat?

You see them doing stuff that has nothing to do with PVP, whether it's getting the HK part, or killing a Commander. Do you go "Well, they're busy right now, I'll wait for them to finish before I jump them."

Or do you just jump in there while they're distracted, focus the healers down and then let the boss wipe them?

For those of you honest enough to admit to the second option, what is your reason for doing so, other than to enrage and frustrate the other side and keep them from doing that non-PVP activity?

Bear in mind, we all know how 99% of the PVPers think and act in the above situations, so think about that established pattern of behavior before you proclaim virtue.

I just find it petty and vindictive and spiteful to ruin another person's fun like that. They're not there to PVP you, so why would anyone do it other than to make them angry and frustrated?

Again, before you claim otherwise, do remember that we all just got done with the Gree event on Ilum and the week-long ragefest that was Gen Chat filled with frustration and anger at the PVPers and the taunts and mockery from the PVPers.