Ranked Rewards S2 Are Good Stop Whining *BW You Did Good*

JourrnoRush

Its a shorter season. The whole thread with manta mounts and walkers was really pushing it. Strongholds is their focus currently, not PvP.

It was stated a few months ago that PvP would not be their focus. So far, they have held true to their word...

I'm glad. Rewards are good for a shorter season and I hope they don't change a thing.

But weren`t majority of suggestions for the rewards not against housing items?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I wanted to step in and give some answers to a few questions I've been seeing. Hopefully this helps clarify where we were coming from with the Season 2 rewards. The overwhelming feedback of Season 1 rewards was that “reskinned” items are not desirable. In Season 2, we wanted to give reward models that couldn't be found in any other content channel, such as Deathmark’s Helmet which is a 100% unique model. I’ve seen some questions about why we did not choose a 100% unique mount or full armor sets for the Season 2 rewards. Musco went into detail about this in an earlier post here. The TL;DR version is that because Season Rewards are one off items, it is unlikely you will see a 100% unique mount or armor set. That is not to say you will not see mounts in the future, we definitely want to make some really awesome looking mounts for you, but it will be more in the vein of Giradda’s Rancor mount in that it is a special skinned version rather than a completely new model.

We are going to take your feedback from this thread and others, chew on it, and make a better plan for Season 3 onward. Your feedback is truly important to us and the Suggestion Thread has already come up with some awesome ideas we are excited to put into the game.

I'm so excited for my 'unique' title I'm going to get for S2! Simply amazing. Glad I worked semi hard to be top 3.

We are going to take your feedback from this thread and others, chew on it, and make a better plan for Season 3 onward. Your feedback is truly important to us and the Suggestion Thread has already come up with some awesome ideas we are excited to put into the game.

Perhaps you should have read the original feedback thread you created.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps you should have read the original feedback thread you created.

:rolleyes:

They probably did and they know exactly what most of us wanted and that's the exact same reward principals as season 1 but unique to every other content. They eater didn't have the budget to get real graphic designers or just don't care. Every reason they are giving for releasing this seasons rewards is plain nonsense.

Good thing i play ranked for the fun of it, because i just like the death match scenario. But i really feel so bad for the people that have been grinding for there rating, especially those in the 2000+ area. :(

Quote: Originally Posted by Andrellma View Post

Honestly, I'm not a PVPer. I dabble from time to time, but always in unranked...but I hope they make this right. Every single post I've seen on this has been negative, and I would hope that Bioware takes this opportunity to listen to the players, and add -something- that would make the PVP crowd happy. I know you can't please everyone every time, but seriously, when you offer rewards for the PVPers....it should be something that at least -some- of them want. Not a single person I've seen post on any of these threads, or talk about it in game, is happy with this.

You listened to the players on daracrons.

You listened to the players on legacy storage costs.

Listen to the players on this.

Hey all,

I wanted to step in and give some answers to a few questions I've been seeing. Hopefully this helps clarify where we were coming from with the Season 2 rewards. The overwhelming feedback of Season 1 rewards was that “reskinned” items are not desirable. In Season 2, we wanted to give reward models that couldn't be found in any other content channel, such as Deathmark’s Helmet which is a 100% unique model. I’ve seen some questions about why we did not choose a 100% unique mount or full armor sets for the Season 2 rewards. Musco went into detail about this in an earlier post here. The TL;DR version is that because Season Rewards are one off items, it is unlikely you will see a 100% unique mount or armor set. That is not to say you will not see mounts in the future, we definitely want to make some really awesome looking mounts for you, but it will be more in the vein of Giradda’s Rancor mount in that it is a special skinned version rather than a completely new model.

Basilisk wardroid please and ill never stop ranking

When you lose 2 million players due to crappy development, yeah I'd call it casual too.

/shrug

Yeah. Well. Bioware/EA innovated high quality voice acting into cutscenes with dialogue choices in EVERY QUEST. This is a huge innovation to the MMO industry so propps to that (very risky). However, they apparently spent all of their intuitive brain power and resources on this and the other aspects of the game are on a zeitgeist level that of 2005 (the game was released in late 2011). Thus, the game really does feel dated and old, but it should't - I mean, this game is basically still new but it doesn't feel that way. It is indeed a very casual game now, and thats basically a nice way to say what Pistols said in the above quote. Bioware/ea can afford to be casual and make bank from something as degrading as the cartel market. The MMO industry really is the armpit of the business world, its so young and lacks intuitive philosophy application in most of its designs - but its evolving. These games like WoW and SwtoR are prototypes for the future versions of real mmo's :), until then we'll get casually thought out systems. There aren't many other options out there folks, world of warcraft and swtor are like the only 2, i've played almost all mmo's out there for at least 3 months each, and I must say they are all doodoobatter except for these 2 (however crude they may be). I think the rewards are fine. tl;dr i know.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

They aren't PvP, or PvE rewards, they are housing rewards.

What is a reward? Reward is something you get for your success or hard work and it is something you value, you need, or you dream to have! In other words those are no rewards at all for a real PvPer!

Every heard of something called an opinion? I actually think the helmet is pretty cool for Smugglers and Bounty Hunters, I also like the trophies. They aren't PvP, or PvE rewards, they are housing rewards.

You're not a pvper

You're the minority,

They're terrible.

Thank you for replying Alex...but isn't Season 3 in like a month or so? If you don't have a plan already...well...

Who are you to say i'm not a PvPer? I don't do ranked, and I agree the rewards suck for ranked people but i like them and you can't just tell people there opinion is bad.

*points to the multiple threads with multiple pages of pure rage and hatred*

People don't do rated for rewards. They do rated because they feel the competition in regs isn't good enough for them. They do it as an alternative to regs, something more coordinated, progression. To test themselves against better players or to prove they are the best player or at least equal to any player. They did the 8 man to show their guildies and competitors their stuff and to have a goal to shoot for, even the guilds that were never really going to top the charts so to speak.. With YOLO they do it for epeen rating and because some don't want to bother with objectives. Some people prefer the arena format, most don't but I'd guesstimate 25% of pvpers like it or think its ok. BUT, to claim that rewards has anything to do with peoples' motivation to do 8 man rated or arena rated is just plain wrong and disingenuous. I'm not calling all you people liars, however, I do think there is a lot of misdirection going on here where people are taking out their frustrations with the crappy rated system and assigning blame on the rewards.

People don't do rated for rewards. They do rated because they feel the competition in regs isn't good enough for them.

Not alol. Some use Regs like farmning cattle. THEN, the competition IS good enough for them - to get comms as fast as possible because Regs are full of loosers compared to them.

When the opponent is WEAKER than you, then the competition is ALWAYS good - for most people, I believe.

Fairness is a Myth in pvP.

Not alol. Some use Regs like farmning cattle. THEN, the competition IS good enough for them - to get comms as fast as possible because Regs are full of loosers compared to them.

When the opponent is WEAKER than you, then the competition is ALWAYS good - for most people, I believe.

Fairness is a Myth in pvP.

The reality is you're just not as good as you think you are. Stop blaming it on the people that play MMO's/PvP the way they are meant to be played.

Thank you for replying Alex...but isn't Season 3 in like a month or so? If you don't have a plan already...well...

But it doesn't end for another 6 months. He's talking about rewards to give out, not changing the way ranked works :rolleyes:

Edited by TezMoney