You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day.

Zones

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please leave. I'm totally serious. You may think you're being "reasonable", but your empty threats are really just childish whining. So if you're going to leave over an entirely trivial issue, do it now. Edited by Bgiffo

Sounds kinda wierd, but I'm rather banking on not getting an invite until late Thurs / Fri.

My old pc, well 13 months old, has just done a damn good impression of a volcano and had swtor already downloaded.

My new pc is still sitting in several shiny new boxes waiting to be built, and I'm not gonna get the chance to do that until Wed night / Thurs morn. OFC, then theres the OS install and the client data download.

Only fates cruel sense of humour would grant me an invite tomorrow :p

in this case

May the Farce be with you :)

I like how it's automatically immaturity to be cautious over confusing buisness practices.

To be honest if they were mature and truly disgruntled they would of canceled already. The fact that they haven't and is still here complaining hoping to get their own way they seem to be immature.

Yes, thats what one purchases an MMO to do. Wait in line for a turn to play...

Doesn't that usually happen on launch day of an MMO when there's droves and droves and droves of people trying to get in.

You... Wait... In... Queue...

they had better, they advertised "pre order and get early access", if i don't get it i will be reporting them to the bbb for misleading advertising.

Can I report you to the BHB for being childish?

PS: Better Human Bureau

Or they could just let millions of people log in at the exact same time? Surely there couldn't be a downside to that plan? Oh wait....:eek:

Thats how launch is probably going to be anyway...

But besides that, I didn't get in today either, it's not that big of a deal.

I invested 80 dollars just like the rest, if not some of you.

I know this line is played out, but if your crying right now my best solution is simple to

"get a life"

find something else to do with your time over the next few days.

Early access a privilege, even if you do consider it promised.

It said GAIN early access

not "pre order and you will be playing 2 days before the original early access date"

Someone said something about ordering a pizza, and canceling right when the pizza guy pulls into driveway?

Yea I hope most of you whiners actually do cancel, because I'm sure theres plenty of people who would appreciate, and enjoy that pizza.

All I can say is this, if they have to stagger all the way to 19, then 20th is going to completly obliterate theyr login server...

Tbh at this point It pretty clear to me that theyr worries are not actually as much about server performance as it is about the fear of having to remove/merge servers in the future.. I suspected that since I first saw the staggered ega plans.

And for me It was pretty much confirmed today, when reid himself brought up that they wanted to avoid merging..

this shouldn't have been advertised. They should have said from the get go that they're doing a staggered release for early access and offered some other kind of pre-order bonus (not a lame power crystal). This could have been done right, very easily.

All they had to do is explain the situation in advanced. That way we would have all known what to expect. Even now Origin is telling perspective buyers that if they pre order this game, they can be playing it RIGHT NOW. So yeah, that's pretty messed up. So I'll get in on th 18th, my friends will all get in on the 23rd at the rate this is moving :p

Oh well, this isn't the worst thing Bioware has ever done. Remember Dragon Age 2 and how awful it was? :p

Or they could just let millions of people log in at the exact same time? Surely there couldn't be a downside to that plan? Oh wait....:eek:

well, and this is only my opinion.

but they had a metric crap ton of players on in beta, and from my understanding we dont have that many now. there would be no reasont os tay closer to that number. this is one of the smallest first day early accesses i have ever seen.

now, will they open the flow more in coming days? maybe, they may just start small to ensure server integrity, make sure no major flaws creeped in with recent changes. idk. i dotn really expect to get in for a long time if at all, my pre order came really late. and i can deal with that.

well, and this is only my opinion.

but they had a metric crap ton of players on in beta, and from my understanding we dont have that many now. there would be no reasont os tay closer to that number. this is one of the smallest first day early accesses i have ever seen.

now, will they open the flow more in coming days? maybe, they may just start small to ensure server integrity, make sure no major flaws creeped in with recent changes. idk. i dotn really expect to get in for a long time if at all, my pre order came really late. and i can deal with that.

There was over 700k people in the beta, at the same time. In the same zones. No problems.

High estimates have them admitting 500k people today.

Most estimates put the number at 100k given that most servers can't even get a battleground to go.

There is a serious issue with the small number of people admitted today.

Thats a quote from twitter. I hope you really don't think you can stagger all the way until the 19 do you?

What a joke.

If the servers can't handle all players who pre-ordered than how the hell will they handle a full launch?

Also, by 19th nobody will really care anymore. Why does Bioware fail to understand that. 1 day of early acces feels like a SLAP TO THE FACE. Like a deliberate mocking.

Edited by Kozor

If I don't feel they are making reasonable progress I'll cancel before the 16th when Origin will do it's billing.

There is no excuse for them to be letting such a small amount of people in when they have the hardware to handle more than two million players currently running.

If they continue at this rate there is clearly something else going on, and I'm going to be wary after blowing money on previous mmo disasters.

This.

There was over 700k people in the beta, at the same time. In the same zones. No problems.

High estimates have them admitting 500k people today.

Most estimates put the number at 100k given that most servers can't even get a battleground to go.

There is a serious issue with the small number of people admitted today.

i agree its far smaller then it should be. my hopes are, that today, or more hopefully this apart of today is being used to test the EA launch (which will likly run launch day build) to expunge any issues (forexample the pvp issues)

its my hopes that either today, or in the coming days they allow a far far greater amount of players in.

willt his happen? idk, maybe maybe not. it shoudl though.

I think that some people including myself will not joy the 30min acces we get for no reason, besides its expensive to pay 5dollar for 30mins. And i cant wait to laugh for you who go to there on 19th day when those 50lvl guilds will gank you in pvp servers

need to stop crying guys, the words were "you MAY play up to 5 days early" not you WILL learn to read. you don't preorder for early access you do it to guarantee your copy of the product. anyone who cancels or files complaints because they don't get in on early access or enough of it can go ahead and cancel for all I care, at least I won't have to deal with your complaints in game as well.