BW's 9-5 job while the world waits.

Muglor

Prelunch... for those who get peckish mid-morning.

Haha. I like that.

I am truly shocked at all of the whining going on here. Totally unimpressed by you people who think you "deserve" instant gratification from BioWare. There's no gray area here, it's all just pure nonsense on the part of all the whiners, so don't argue with me. For the sake of mankind, seek professional help... please.

Of course, all the whining does say a lot about peoples interest in this game. They are so terribly upset over such trivial things. ToRcrack already? Speaks to the success of what they have accomplished so far.

Here's an idea.. turn your computer off and go clean yourself up. All the angst has surely made you sweat through your clothes.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tear the lace off your panties and make sure ya still got a pair. Quit your whining -- and yes GO READ A BOOK or something.

20th is official launch, ANYTHING BEFORE = BONUS!

Next.

Official launch was today, by BioWares own admonition. Dec 20th is the gold release.

Those are 2 very different things. Anyone that pre-ordered should have gotten in today. I have no faith in BioWare to give players an adequate time to play the game fairly.

They don't realize the problems they have caused with this launch. This is an MMO, not a single player online RPG. This fiasco should not be tolerated by anyone, but what I see are a lot of fanboys standing beside BW while the screw over a huge huge majority of the pre-order populace.

Edited by Rhinoplat

It is completely sad to see BW's total indifference to the rest of us that are still forced to wait.

They show up at regular working times, do their jobs...let a few people in to play the game, and then they go home after 8 hours....a 9-5 job.

Dear Bioware,

Are you currently aware that you have waiting customers in Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, and more? And only allowing 5 waves in per day at the time that you're in the office is a complete slap in the face to your customers (who supported you and paid your paychecks).

Are you too cheap to get multiple teams going to allow waves of eager paying customers to enter the game at all hours???

I'm sure people in Europe and Asia would certainly enjoy this idea.:mad:

Your sire are an idiot, and I hope they monitor your account, and at the time you reach lvl 50, get a few descent gear, and sit all nice and comfy they delete all your characters. I would definitely support them, and when you start to complain simply say, "We are sorry, but we don't have any record of your characters."

Edit: By the way, YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR THE EARLY ACCESS!!!

Edited by Kachi

Official launch was today, by BioWares own admonition. Dec 20th is the gold release.

Those are 2 very different things. Anyone that pre-ordered should have gotten in today. I have no faith in BioWare to give players an adequate time to play the game fairly.

They don't realize the problems they have caused with this launch. This is an MMO, not a single player online RPG. This fiasco should not be tolerated by anyone, but what I see are a lot of fanboys standing beside BW while the screw over a huge huge majority of the pre-order populace.

They couldn't accommodate you, so obviously they are either lazy or stupid, right?

Just because you are ignorant doesn't make them wrong about anything. Next!

It is completely sad to see BW's total indifference to the rest of us that are still forced to wait.

They show up at regular working times, do their jobs...let a few people in to play the game, and then they go home after 8 hours....a 9-5 job.

Dear Bioware,

Are you currently aware that you have waiting customers in Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, and more? And only allowing 5 waves in per day at the time that you're in the office is a complete slap in the face to your customers (who supported you and paid your paychecks).

Are you too cheap to get multiple teams going to allow waves of eager paying customers to enter the game at all hours???

You're a bit of an idiot. Just letting users onto your server is not the test, you need at least 24-48 hours to truly test a load for stability. Just because you play video games 24-7 doesn't make you a computer expert. Seeing as they stopped admitting for only 12 hours means sadly that they are listening to babies like you.

Grow up, read a book (about servers) and by all means take your fracking meds.

It's only day one. Go read a book, and shut up.

Exactly.

You (person the above replied to) pre-ordered to get early access. The promise was "up to 5 days", furthermore it was specified it was to be in the order the pre-order codes were registered. Unless you were amongst the first to pre-order and register your code, you have no cause to think you would be amongst the first to get early access.

But you WILL get early access, that much is certain, but it will be based on when you pre-ordered.

Furthermore, by pre-ordering you're not paying for Early Access. You're paying for buying the game. Whatever you pay on pre-order is part of the full price of the product, not some sort of surcharge. Indeed, you are free to cancel your pre-order and get your money back. So you didn't really pay to get early access... and certainly not to get treated as if the clearly laid down early access procedure (which was fully explained since day 1 of pre-ordering) did not apply to you.

Itkovian

Excuse me while I wipe the tears from my eyes laughing so hard all the nerd rage!

I've called 911, their sending all available whambulances to the forums! If you see them,

Let them through!

Seriously though, original early release was 5 days prior to launch.

They bumped it up to 7 days. If you really are going to throw that

big of tantrum, maybe you should play a different game.

Listen.....I think I hear the sirens now!!!

Dear Bioware,

I hope you get your invite on the 19th at 11pm just because you are such a child.

For the record...

The Live Services team is working in shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the next month to ensure that servers stay up, player population is well managed, issues are triaged, problems are communicated and bugs are fixed as fast as possible.

After that, we're on-call 24/7 for the life of the game.

[Like] | +1 | [re-tweet] | etc...

Dear Bioware,

Spoken like someone who has never worked in the software industry before. I'd bet they work more hours in a normal week than you work in your busiest week.

Originally Posted by StephenReid

For the record...

The Live Services team is working in shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the next month to ensure that servers stay up, player population is well managed, issues are triaged, problems are communicated and bugs are fixed as fast as possible.

After that, we're on-call 24/7 for the life of the game.

Sounds TERRIBLE, those conditions are so taxing, I bet that six figure income barely covers your sanity huh?

I agree that it is crazy that they only let in 5 waves. They invest a ton of money to make this game and then cant pay the extra to add additional waves. Everyone they invited today are not all going to decide to log on at 2:00am. What in the world are they thinking? They are using the whole "We want a smooth launch" as a crutch right now.

Dear Bioware,

First World Problems: IMMA NO CAN PLAY SWTOR WHEN OTHER PEOPLES CAN. NOT FAIR. I SUE.

We live the hard knock life.

Dear Bioware,

Dude, they cannot work 24/7... They need to sleep too!!

And also, what part of staggered game launch do you not understand? We have known it was going to be like this for AGES. And now you are somehow surprised you did not get in on the first day? Gosh, some people are so impatient...

I agree that it is crazy that they only let in 5 waves. They invest a ton of money to make this game and then cant pay the extra to add additional waves. Everyone they invited today are not all going to decide to log on at 2:00am. What in the world are they thinking? They are using the whole "We want a smooth launch" as a crutch right now.

Another person that does not understand what "staggered launch" means. Why so surprised for something we have known for ages?