BW's 9-5 job while the world waits.

Muglor

They show up at regular working times, do their jobs...let a few people in to play the game, and then they go home after 8 hours....a 9-5 job.

You are lucky I'm not a Dev because I would have revoked your forum posting privileges and possibly taken additional action against your account.

You got off lucky by having SR quote you. Count your blessings.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys locking threads sure aren't off the clock. How is this thread still around?

I've tried to post a thought a few times now but couldn't type fast enough apparently.

Meh, nevermind. In a nutshell I'd just like to hope a more specific idea of invite scheduling appears than, 'sometime this week'.

Edited by Mayams

Game is launched according to the people who matter.

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game.

We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game.

Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be with you!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

MMO dev teams don't go home on launch days, singleplayer dev teams do.

Look, you are obviously not a native english speaker, as I have said this three times now. They didn't "let people in" only from 8-5, they released the 4 waves they planned (+1 bonus wave) so they could monitor the outcome as different timezones came on and off prime time.

If you fail to understand this you aren't going to get any satisfaction here, save yourself (and us) the headache and go ahead and cancel, we will try to enjoy the game without you.

I hear you, I do not understand Bioware. I've been in smooth head starts. One was 3x bigger then expected and still worked great. I will save my self the headache and cancel but my wifes game got refunded thanks to lolmart and my friend got an extra gamestop code for me back on 7/30. No money lost! Now I can just go to a brick store thanks to them shutting down the server randomly (Most head starts don't really stop?) and opening them up whenever. Im so glad my walmart screwed up the order and canceled it. No grace period? EL OH EL online much? It's walmart. Would it get here before jan even?

You are lucky I'm not a Dev because I would have revoked your forum posting privileges and possibly taken additional action against your account.

Nah luckily enough for us the Dev's are above petty BS. Good thing too if not this game may be in trouble, We merely have to endure the ignorance of those who have no clue the amount of work BW has and will continue to do to make this game enjoyable. and again I maintain great work BW i will enjoy ur hardwork tommorrow or on the 20th.

For the record...

The Live Services team is working in shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the next month to ensure that servers stay up, player population is well managed, issues are triaged, problems are communicated and bugs are fixed as fast as possible.

After that, we're on-call 24/7 for the life of the game.

Well I am kind of confused about several things. I thought the whole sharding was going to get rid of queuing, which didn't happen in Beta. And also cut down on the amount of servers required while still allowing everyone access. Is it a bandwidth thing? Are you just taking this time to see how things run before you invite more people to EA?

It seems to me that the waves could be going out 24/7 when the Live Services team were ready to bring online more servers.

I mean I understand that at this point, the actual programmers and developers don't have much to do. But your IT staff should be rocking the house preparing more servers to go online around the clock, so I just wonder what information you are trying to gather because otherwise it makes little sense to stop sending out invites until tomorrow.

Edited by CriticalMasses

^I think SR just owned this entire thread.

/Thread?

uhh, no he didnt, that just delves further into why did they stop the waves invites? the answer to this could be beyond simple, but as of right now who knows? lol, no one on these forums that for sure

not that i care, i just hate seeing idiots post on the forums so i have to read their posts.

if they are set up to operate 24/7 i dont see why they would stop letting people in. especially since im sitting here on my laptop at my bros and the server status for the majority are at light loads. they are not keeping servers up, the staggering system is working to perfection....why stop it?

its like wal-mart saying they are open 24/7 but they lock the doors at 3pm lol, /rubs eyes

luckily no one in the gaming industry is depended on to maintain operating systems at a major hospital....CNN breaking news: 257 people at blabla general died today because maintenance engineer decided it was time for a coffee break during a major power outage and a problem with backup generators occured, more at 11.

now this being said, im fine with however they do whatever they are doing at bioware and fully appreciate the opportunity to play the game early and all the hard work put into the game so far. i would still like an email or post saying..."you can begin looking for your early access invite between the hours of 8am-12pm CST on ??/??." a 24 hr time frame would suffice with a clause stating without any unforeseen issues with the current staggering process.

if they had done this.....there would not be one single post complaining about the early access. but instead, they left everyone in the dark refreshing their inbox lol

as a former div. I athlete, without good communication, no matter how talented your team is at an individual level, it will fail. It is the number 1 tool used for success and the flaming/qq rants are a direct result of bioware's failure to effectively do this with its community.

on a side note, if i was a bioware employee i would still be pissed at all the ignorant rants and clustrfkng of the forums. try using that incredible gray matter between your ears sometime (to all the QQrs). rage has been proven to lower iq by a considerable amount, and people will for a fact say things they latter regret. it doesnt just make you look dumb, it makes you dumb lol (im content with my 147 :) )

God forbid someone post their opinion on a forum! :p Even the BW defenders are beginning to sound like trolls.

The game was set to release on the 20th. This is an additional, unexpected, EXTRA day of early access.

This wasn't part of what you paid for - this is *bonus.*

And yet, people still complain.

Yeah, 2 days of extra playtime......For the very few.

The majority still gets 5 days or less. So stop throwing that 2 days extra argument at people, when it's completely invalid.

It is completely sad to see BW's total indifference to the rest of us that are still forced to wait.

They show up at regular working times, do their jobs...let a few people in to play the game, and then they go home after 8 hours....a 9-5 job.

Dear Bioware,

Are you currently aware that you have waiting customers in Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, and more? And only allowing 5 waves in per day at the time that you're in the office is a complete slap in the face to your customers (who supported you and paid your paychecks).

Are you too cheap to get multiple teams going to allow waves of eager paying customers to enter the game at all hours???

I'm sure people in Europe and Asia would certainly enjoy this idea.:mad:

Nope. They are not aware. In fact, they designed this MMO as a club hobby, there's like 5 of them that did it. Rascals. In fact, all those posts on the dev tracker that specify exactly why they are allowing early access (7 days early access, not just 5) are all a hoax. The funniest thing? Is that now that it's past 5, Le Clube de BioWare is at home laughing at people like you for freaking out about not having early access to a game that's going to be released on the 20th.

Way to tell them how it is.

For the record...

The Live Services team is working in shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the next month to ensure that servers stay up, player population is well managed, issues are triaged, problems are communicated and bugs are fixed as fast as possible.

After that, we're on-call 24/7 for the life of the game.

A guy on call and a janitor do not constitute a "team".

Sweet christ F off already. They aren't ONLY letting in 5 waves a day. They let in what happened to be 5 today. The up front predorders are going to bog down the whole process and it will take time. Why can you not understand that you idiots?

It is completely sad to see BW's total indifference to the rest of us that are still forced to wait.

Dear Bioware,

Are you currently aware that you have waiting customers in Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, and more? And only allowing 5 waves in per day at the time that you're in the office is a complete slap in the face to your customers (who supported you and paid your paychecks).

Are you too cheap to get multiple teams going to allow waves of eager paying customers to enter the game at all hours???

I'm sure people in Europe and Asia would certainly enjoy this idea.:mad:

You haven't paid for early access, So you entire thread is pointless.

I see someone does not understand why they aren't adding more waves overnight.

The reason they stopped now is because they understand that games have this thing called PEAK HOURS.

That means that there is a time of day where most players will be logging in. This is generally known as EVENING.

So no, they're not stupid, they're not going to add more players just as peak hours come around. Instead they will watch how many people DO get in, how well the servers hold up, and use that as a guide to how many people they are going to invite tomorrow.

It makes perfect sense that they are waiting. If all they did was keep adding more and more people until the servers are full, they would overload their servers as the people who couldn't play all day finally log on.

And show some bloody patience. 2-3 days are not going to kill anyone.

Itkovian

here's a little secret, devs...they're people too...dont expect them to do anything you wouldn't do, and no your not Hercules who has coffee instead of blood in his veins...

Again, show me a "24/7" business that only has one crew.

This is the game's launch day, from the mouth's of the founders of Bioware themselves.

You do NOT shut down for the day on your launch day.

As far as SR's post, what he fails to mention are the "live service" people he's referring to are those like himself ( community relations ), customer service, etc.

So his post explains nothing about why the DEVS have gone home for the day.

In the meantime in Europe servers are empty.

Not only we geet crapy translation like "Jouez 5 jours avant la sortie" wich means "play 5 days before launch" (And no I'm not forgeting the "may play/up to" they added it just a few days ago) but we have to sit and wait until you realise Europe is excepting more than your leftovers.

Even the Physical Security Key costs 3 times more...

Edited by Bunny_Bait