PvE Consular gear is horrendously ugly

eNcFireWraith

It's a shame that the main end-game gear is really designed for the "paladin/healer" sort of look for Sages, without any additional options for those who aren't going down that path. I mean, Consular Shadows are the Jedi equivalent of Darth Maul, right? They're infiltrators. I wouldn't want to be tripping over a huge wedding gown while out doing missions. I'd want something more practical.

Imagine Darth Maul's look in more light-side appropriate colors! Why can't we have something like that?

I'm going to stick with my orange gear as long as I can. I like my blue robe and white pants (not a skirt anymore).

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the base jedi look is so simple, it's unsurprising that they try to add to it.

The issue is that we end up in clothes that look like the characters no one liked or cared about in the prequels rather than interesting spins on the jedi idea. There are some I've seen that I really like, the omenbringer stuff, the jedi initiate stuff, the high end pvp set until it gets shoulder pads, the thing you wear at character creation... but I haven't seen a piece of headgear that I don't want to hide or gloves that aren't weird looking. I don't even mind the robe look, better than skin tight pants. But some of the high end sets just look silly.

If you think Consular gear looks horrible then you haven't seen the high end gear for every other class which is worse.

I was hoping Consulars would look more Queen of Nabooish but Bioware refuses to allow us to wear dark colors so what we have is gear that could look good but doesn't because the color way is bad.

Edited by Ellisande

Being a Dark Side Jedi Sage/Shadow is quite hard to pull off wardrobe wise in this game. I want the Dark Robes. I want the Dark pants/lower robe options.

Brown is ok I guess, but the Tier Sets are just scary to me. Look, I can deal with the 1950's lamp shade on my head, but at least make something not so flashy. Flat Black sounds good to me!

All the white and gold is making me want to stick a fork in my eye!

Im not sure pink flowing robes go well with an assassin hey maybe there too busy laughing at you to notice that your about to put a lightsaber through there chest?

The only way I have avoided this is by using the robes from the very first instance and just keep modding it!

That to robe comes in at least 3 colors: tan, blue, red-brown.

I've been using the red-brown version since I got it as a quest reward. The omen bringer pants go very well with it.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7154/pveconsulargear.jpg

Is this some sort of sick joke? We look like a banana tree and have the most feminine headpiece I have ever seen. It makes my Dark V character look like a fairy princess.

This has got to be the worst looking armor that I have seen in an MMO. And replacing it with orange gear should not be an excuse for this, imo.

You look like that while your typical Sith Inquisitor looks like http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/138.jpg

I hope nobody wonders why the Sith population is higher on every server :rolleyes:

The issue isn't current looks. You can find stuff that looks great, I look like a jedi *** jedi and I have several ways to do it.

The issue is that high end sets and some middlin' sets go straight into inconsequential prequel character town. I've got a hood, and a robe with a hood down, but I hide all my helmets cause they're either ridiculous or minor. The design seems wild and it's hit or miss.

I was on Hoth to get a datacron and saw our trainer. I like her outfit. The robe with the cape on her back. Sorry don't know how to write this correctly. English is not my mother language. The outfit is white. I will be looking to find something like this.

If someone higher then me, I am on Aldaraan, then please link me the items. Thx.

I agree that the Consular armor is easily the worst in the game. I'm playing mine for the play style (Shadow) and not for the armor or the story, unfortunately. All I can say is that I genuinely hope that the Consular gets some love when they put out some new armor sets (because they inevitably will).

My major gripe is really that Shadows end up with armor that looks like it belongs on a caster. Even as a Jedi, I would expect to be wearing more of the dark brown hooded robes and have a somewhat intimidating look. If you were to watch a fantasy movie of some sort, you wouldn't expect the stealthy infiltrator rogue type of guy to come out wearing silly head dresses and flowing white robes, even if he was the least evil person ever.

Pretty much the only decent looking set for Shadows is the level 50 PvP gear, and even that is not nearly as awesome as any of the other level 50 sets. Well, here's to hoping they give us some love in the first big patch.

There really do need to be some better options for Shadows. Even playing a female character, the only two sets I've really liked the look and feel of have been the Omenbringer Robe and Legwraps (which is what I'm currently using at level 38) and the Noble Consular Adept Robe and Muse legs (which also look nice... but lack a hood). I haven't really looked at the level 50 PvP stuff, but I'll have to check it out. There was a kinda nifty looking metal facemask/hood thing I can craft from Synthweaving for level 49. Entropic Defense Hood or something? I can't post a SS right now, but I might consider showing that if/when I use it.

Also, for the love of the Force, use the Hide Headpiece option in Preferences if you're wearing something like in the OP picture. The only headpieces I'd consider showing on a Jedi would be a simple headband or a hood. Elaborate headdresses belong on old ladies in Church or some Duchess at an elaborate ball. Or maybe some ascetic shaman, but I doubt their headdress would be a bit different looking. :p

I think the problem in terms of armor design is that, from a role-playing or lore perspective, most Jedi Consulars would be wearing fairly simple robes or clothing since they're pretty much monks that devote their lives to the force instead of other things such as material wealth. I'd imagine it's hard to design dozens of different sets of simple black/brown robes that look unique or like "phat lewt", which is why you get things like the Rakata set.

What I'd really like for my Shadow is something in a dark grey, but not quite like Sith Inq get (what I've seen of their armor is a bit too evil/flashy). Shadow should look capable of physical combat and stealth, but also subdued or inconspicuous. A little flair such as shoulder pads or padded armoring is fine, but something too elaborate just looks silly.

Bioware is literally too dumb to understand why no one plays Republic.

Hideous feminized armor that no Jedi has ever worn outside of this fairy-tale. Blizzard knew better than to feminize entire classes.

Terrible story compared to Empire mirrors.

Utter failure to balance PERFECT MIRRORS by giving Consulars a delayed flying septic tank instead of soemthing more practical like a ball of energy or ANYTHING that acts the same as the Inquisitor's shock.

PvP servers will be 90% Empire until Bioware gets its **** together.

I like that design it looks nice on my female toon. the problem i see is that most consular armour were designed with female body type in mind. what they need to do is give thhe males some love with more male designs:p

I couldn't agree more. I went with a muscular, dark and bald guy for my Sage, and there are pretty few robes that look decent. I've been sticking to the Omenbringer's robe for the longest time.

Also, I'm afraid pants just won't cut it for my char, his thighs are a bit too bulky for that ...

I guess the best thing to do would be to make two different designs for some robes, one for males and one for females.

Bioware is literally too dumb to understand why no one plays Republic.

I play republic primarily and empire as alt.

Hideous feminized armor that no Jedi has ever worn outside of this fairy-tale.

I personally really like the pvp set. The pve set is not that cool, but then my customized gear can pretty much match anything under ilvl 56. Since armoring and hilts with ilvl 56 can be crafted, the only real difference is set bonuses. I don't personally have any pve set yet, so I can't judge how powerful they are, but judging by pvp set bonuses, they could probably be ignored. All in all, I intend to keep my custom gear (Corellian chest + a lower robe from Taris + headband from Balmorra) as long as possible.

Blizzard knew better than to feminize entire classes.

Magister, Arcanist, Netherwind (ever seen an undead in one of those? You're die of laughter), Alliance Field Marshal set. The entire mage class was feminine in vanilla unless you went with custom gear. Then there's hunter sets that look like christmas decorations with dinosaur bones, the mighty AQ sets that looked like everyone was dressed in bug shells and so on. Long story short, many WoW sets were horrendous, but people used them because they were the best.

Terrible story compared to Empire mirrors.

Respectfully, I disagree. While for instance Consular story starts slow, the whole second and third acts are fun and varied, with choices carrying their weight. You gain nothing by being an *** as an Inquisitor or Warrior - truth be told, Agent and Bounty Hunter stories are leaps and bounds ahead of any force classes, as are Smugglers on Republic side. Haven't tried Trooper yet, but people compare it to Mass Effect quite a bit :)

Utter failure to balance PERFECT MIRRORS by giving Consulars a delayed flying septic tank instead of soemthing more practical like a ball of energy or ANYTHING that acts the same as the Inquisitor's shock.

While this is a bit annoying, espeicially in pvp, the "septic tank" has a great animation - losing it would be a loss for the class. They could either swallow the pride and make Project instantly deal damage or they could give Shock a powerup animation to delay it. Still, it's really not as big a deal as people make it be and the difference is rarely noticeable even in full competitive pvp with two premade teams facing eachother.

Ofcourse i also think that the single doubleblade or dual lightsabers should be an option for all Jedi not just certain Advance classes.

This would ruin the destinction between the classes, each and every class is based on one more more charachters from the movies. Darth maul beein the insipiration to assassin excetra. so by giving him a onehanded saber you would "gimp" him, making him unable to perform his trained abilities.

I've been trying for days to come up with an outfit that looks remotely like Bastila's/Satele's. They were both Consulars, right? It would make sense if we were able to come up with a similar look for some of our own clothing.

Some of the robes/capes make me look like a Superhero that would take off and fly. I merely want to be able to creep thru the shadows and tank in something that doesn't scream "I am a caster!".

Edited by Belecfaron

The vast majority of consular gear looks hideous. So far the only actual "good" looking gear I've found are the basic robes from esseles/pvp vendor, the chest piece with the cool metal armoring on the shoulders/biceps with the cool hood with flaps that go forward (the one I have is called the Elder Seeker's robes), and then the lvl 50 pvp sets. All of that endgame PvE gear looks... just so very bad. They need to put in an appearance tab and be done with it - or make gear that actually looks good.

Yeah my friends who play a trooper, knight, and smuggler couldn't stop laughing at me when I took off my hide helm option. My leather cap with a fan attached to top gave them a laugh the entire run esseles.

The helm I had before that made me look like a nun (and my character is male o.O). Please just remove the fans off the head pieces. This would go a long way.

Edited by RuneRoads