PvE Consular gear is horrendously ugly

eNcFireWraith

While I'm leveling, I'm just using the moddable social sets. Between my Cybertech alt and commendations vendors I can keep the mods upgraded to the point where they're better than anything that drops anyway.

I have both a Shadow and a Sage. The Sage looks simply awesome in the "Elegant Dress" social gear from the Senate Plaza vendor, IMO. I usually hide the hat anymore, though. I've actually got the crafted orange "Consular Headpiece" tiara thingie to replace it, but it's pinkish and doesn't go well with the white and gold, so I still hide it.

With the Shadow I'm going the tanking route, and I thought it would be kinda funny to be a tank in a bikini, so she's got the "Slave Dancer" outfit. She gets a lot of comments in groups, but again... with the right mods I've got 20-30% more HP than any other person I've seen of the same level and in her tank stance she's got better mitigation than my JK Guardian in heavy armor. Which proves the trope: The skimpier the female armor, the more protection it provides -- even in Star Wars.

When I eventually get to 50 we'll see how it goes then. I'm not a PvP'er, so I couldn't care less about those sets, and I'm not a raider either, so I probably won't care about raid gear either. Time will tell.

Now if only I could hide the belt and bracer slots as well as the head. . . . .

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the point of a female playing a female toon..those tier sets are a horrendous eyesore and a complete embarrassment. It's one thing to make us have to get creative while leveling in order to look decent (I don't mind pulling mods from blues and purples I get so I can keep myself from looking like an idiot). But it's another to not even try when designing the tier pieces. This is what all Consulars are striving to wear end-game, not only will there be a crazy amount of us looking like idiots, we're supposed to be psyched about achieving the status of tier gear, not dreading it. The screenshot from OP, what was Bioware thinking! The cape was overly flamboyant but the shoulders - what the hell is that! I take little consolation in being to hide my helmet, I have had to mod the same damn tiara for 30+ levels because you guys make ridiculously feminine hats - even by a female's standards.

Please consider changing up the look of the Consular tier sets, at least tone it down a little if not fix the glaringly bright white color so that less people look at us. I spend a lot of time and credits so that my character will look decent and I am NOT looking forward to these end-game pieces.

Customizing a character in MMOs is one of the most important aspect. I hope bioware conceptors will work on that. Theses Jedi Consular gear sets throughout the whole story are a big joke. As a Twi'lek fan, you can't even wear a hood up which would make the chest piece a lil bit less ridiculous. I'm not gonna talk about the head pieces who are even worst...

It didnt seem possible, but the consular pvp gear is even more disgusting. It is a mandatory hooded mummy with butter pat shoulders in a various array of puke browns. I am considering re-rolling commando just bc everyone takes note of them and awards them MVP/tosses them the ball/generally thinks they are better just bc their gear looks cooler. Shallow yes but it really feel like a penalty to wear those monstrosities. Why could we not look like Amadala or at LEAST have some color variation other than brown? I feel like the designers were so bogged down by the movies and "being authentic" that they really failed us.

While I'm leveling, I'm just using the moddable social sets. Between my Cybertech alt and commendations vendors I can keep the mods upgraded to the point where they're better than anything that drops anyway.

I have both a Shadow and a Sage. The Sage looks simply awesome in the "Elegant Dress" social gear from the Senate Plaza vendor, IMO. I usually hide the hat anymore, though. I've actually got the crafted orange "Consular Headpiece" tiara thingie to replace it, but it's pinkish and doesn't go well with the white and gold, so I still hide it.

With the Shadow I'm going the tanking route, and I thought it would be kinda funny to be a tank in a bikini, so she's got the "Slave Dancer" outfit. She gets a lot of comments in groups, but again... with the right mods I've got 20-30% more HP than any other person I've seen of the same level and in her tank stance she's got better mitigation than my JK Guardian in heavy armor. Which proves the trope: The skimpier the female armor, the more protection it provides -- even in Star Wars.

When I eventually get to 50 we'll see how it goes then. I'm not a PvP'er, so I couldn't care less about those sets, and I'm not a raider either, so I probably won't care about raid gear either. Time will tell.

Now if only I could hide the belt and bracer slots as well as the head. . . . .

Where did you get the slave outfit?

Where did you get the slave outfit?

Either from your local Security Vendor assuming you enabled Security Key app or the Social Vendor at Nar Shaddaa. I think it requires Social II though it should be easy to get by the time you get there.

Either from your local Security Vendor assuming you enabled Security Key app or the Social Vendor at Nar Shaddaa. I think it requires Social II though it should be easy to get by the time you get there.

I got mine from Nar Shadaa since it's so very much cheaper than the "Republic Dancer" outfit from the Security Key vendor. As stated, it does require Social 2, but that's easy to farm from Esseles. It's also subject to the "mods don't work after login/zone change" social clothing bug, but it's a quick matter to un- and re-equip the 5 pieces.

Still hate that I can't hide my bracers and belt though. Some of the belts are rather large and clunky and really don't go well with the look. The bracers aren't as bad to me, though I'd rather simply hide them off as well.

I got mine from Nar Shadaa since it's so very much cheaper than the "Republic Dancer" outfit from the Security Key vendor. As stated, it does require Social 2, but that's easy to farm from Esseles. It's also subject to the "mods don't work after login/zone change" social clothing bug, but it's a quick matter to un- and re-equip the 5 pieces.

Still hate that I can't hide my bracers and belt though. Some of the belts are rather large and clunky and really don't go well with the look. The bracers aren't as bad to me, though I'd rather simply hide them off as well.

If you pvp, it's hardly a small matter, as unequipping and requipping the pieces every time you zone in and out of a warzone every 10 minutes gets old, really, really fast.

Also, end game gear has inherent stats that doesn't come from mods (and set bonuses), so the mod system falls apart at level 50. Whatever crack they were smoking to make the mod system completely pointless at 50...well, umm...they should stop smoking it. :p

C'mon Bioware. Don't force Sages/Shadows to wear puke brown bathrobes for the next 10 years your game will hopefully remain relevant.

Edited by revial

Did anyone else watch the Alderaan trailer with the commando's fighting all the sith, and out comes satele and man does she look good. she's got exactly what i would like to see as an option. a double lightsaber wielding fighter yet graceful...

She would not be able to do any of that if she were leveled in this game and wearing our pathetic excuse for clothing

From the point of a female playing a female toon..those tier sets are a horrendous eyesore and a complete embarrassment. It's one thing to make us have to get creative while leveling in order to look decent (I don't mind pulling mods from blues and purples I get so I can keep myself from looking like an idiot). But it's another to not even try when designing the tier pieces. This is what all Consulars are striving to wear end-game, not only will there be a crazy amount of us looking like idiots, we're supposed to be psyched about achieving the status of tier gear, not dreading it. The screenshot from OP, what was Bioware thinking! The cape was overly flamboyant but the shoulders - what the hell is that! I take little consolation in being to hide my helmet, I have had to mod the same damn tiara for 30+ levels because you guys make ridiculously feminine hats - even by a female's standards.

Please consider changing up the look of the Consular tier sets, at least tone it down a little if not fix the glaringly bright white color so that less people look at us. I spend a lot of time and credits so that my character will look decent and I am NOT looking forward to these end-game pieces.

The situation we have here is actually worse than it was in AoC. I switched from Necromancer to Demonologist - despite finding the former class a lot more fun to play - because the Necromancer raid gear made your character look like they'd poured glue all over themselves and then rolled around on a barbershop floor.

On a somewhat related note: Bioware are still Failure Incarnate when it comes to designing hairstyles, especially for female characters. They range from "Meh..." to "Bleh!", and the number of hairstyles that end up at the "Meh..." end of the scale can be counted on one hand even after detonating an M80 inside your clenched fist. But I digress...

My biggest problem is the headgear. I keep modding my Omenbringer Robe (solid brown, nothing fancy) but the headgear is atrocious. At least there's an option to hide head gear and put your hood up instead.

I agree though, most of the consular gear looks like it came out of Queen Amidala's wardrobe.

Edited by Reymundo

After re-rolling a femaile due to the male armour looking silly i just hope not only do they add in more/better looking armour, that they fix the clipping errors on the current armour.

Just got the elegant (i think that's it's name - the modable social one) set and the hat looks terrible on the head due to it clipping through the hair, sure i can hide it BUT it would be nice to actully be able to see it properly if i want. I also have an orange modable hooded robe which looks pretty cool with the elegant dress BUT the robe clips through it at the bottom making it look really bad.

Overall i'm much happier with how the PVE gear looks on a female avatar, BUT i really hope they fix how it looks when worn.

That looks like a JK with Kira, not a consular.

Anyway, I use the PvP armour. Level 37 now and have the 40 gear banked. It doesn't look as good as the 20 armour, but I don't feel like paying to switch the mods around at this point.

Kira's Human, not Mirial-whateveran, so that's not Kira. But it does look like a JK in front of it, not a JC.

That white armor has the same looks as the 41 prototype chest.. Only this one has alot more white in it. And the boots are the model for consulars aswell since i have em in brown/white.

Anyway with a chest like that i would be more than happy. First i was running around like a goddamn princess. Frustrated me but i said to myself, it will get better. It didn't.

Got some tier gear and nadia is wearing it because i can't stand the looks of it.

And now i'm running around as a ******* sm master in a dress :S

Fix it bioware! (And while ur on it fix the engine! :p)

Seriously .... my lvl 25 oversized tank is currently wearing a slightly see-through flowing silk dress with matching silken headdress.

Im like running instances yelling moaarrr cc and pay atttteenntion to the marks .... and everyone just giggles!

Laughed.... And cried.... the feminine dresses and headpieces looks awful on male toons :-/

Even Kira says randomly that the Empire has all the fashion designers. A bit of dev humour there...

My Jedi Knight looks pretty awesome, how I expect a Jedi to look like, apart from his Beyonce butt.

My Jedi Consular has a moddable robe he get around his mid teens I think. I forget whether it was a quest reward or from Esseles... It's sort of dark grey / blue with a terrible red and gold striped smoking jacket underneath. It does look dark though. Just need to get those Alderaan pants... or a dark skirt. My current white skirt clashes.