so now we know the reason for the lack of content

sepulhead

Might I suggest you look up the dictionary definitions of both the words 'fact' and 'baseless supposition'. One of them applies to everything your are implying in your post...

* HINT * the one that applies is longer than 4 characters.

I'm curious...you obviously read his post, because you quoted the entire thing...

Are you denying that their last post was almost a week ago? Because that's actually a fact. Or are you denying that the clock is ticking towards their projected release date? Because that's actually a fact as well. Or are you denying that they were out partying? That's the only one that isn't fact (to the best of our knowledge)...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a two way street, if I had said the game was dying, which I haven't...so the hypocrisy is all yours. And yes, pot calling the kettle black is fine for you as well.

And again, you ask for "HARD PROOF" and specific numbers to support players statements that the population is declining, yet you acknowledge the EXACT RESTRICTIONS of that request.

Are you trying to ironic? Is this meant to be funny?

You may not come right out and say it but every time someone makes a topic saying "THE GAME IS DYING BLAH BLAH BLAH" YOU are right there supporting them which is just as good as admitting you think the game is dying.

I'm fully aware I am asking them to provide proof and that the odds of them getting access to said proof is almost impossible but on the off chance they DID manage to get it they would be proving their resolve in proving their statement.

You may not come right out and say it but every time someone makes a topic saying "THE GAME IS DYING BLAH BLAH BLAH" YOU are right there supporting them which is just as good as admitting you think the game is dying.

I'm fully aware I am asking them to provide proof and that the odds of them getting access to said proof is almost impossible but on the off chance they DID manage to get it they would be proving their resolve in proving their statement.

Ah, so now you're assaulting me for things I haven't actually SAID, but you think I think. Got it. LOL!

All I did was point out the hypocrisy of your claim that 'F2P players you know/knew spend "thousands" of $'s', while refusing to accept other players claims without "hard proof". You have a double standard for your baseless claims.

Ah, so now you're assaulting me for things I haven't actually SAID, but you think I think. Got it. LOL!

All I did was point out the hypocrisy of your claim that 'F2P players you know/knew spend "thousands" of $'s', while refusing to accept other players claims without "hard proof". You have a double standard for your baseless claims.

statistically speaking, the internet is made up of AI bots posting in forums, 92.635% of all posts are done by these artificial intelligence robots created by MIT and CalPoly students back in 1995. I have proof, we are all just AI bots. It's why cat videos are popular, robots love cats.

OH NO, someone is being snarky and sarcastic again.

Anything to attack a poster right?

Anything and everything to attack bioware right? They will be doing their live stream Thursday and Friday. This week so their obviously around maybe they get tired of reading all the posts about how horrible of a job their supposedly doing? Or maybe they don't have anything new to post? And instead of coming on here and rambling and saying the same things and getting scolded for it their avoiding it all together.

statistically speaking, the internet is made up of AI bots posting in forums, 92.635% of all posts are done by these artificial intelligence robots created by MIT and CalPoly students back in 1995. I have proof, we are all just AI bots. It's why cat videos are popular, robots love cats.

Geezus...that explains a lot...but why am I so bad at math then?! Maybe you can help me out...where the hell can I get a faster processor, better memory and replace my floppy drive with something more solid state?

Geezus...that explains a lot...but why am I so bad at math then?! Maybe you can help me out...where the hell can I get a faster processor, better memory and replace my floppy drive with something more solid state?

Enhance your calm, TUXs. Enhance your calm. :cool:

Blame the use of Intel processors for the bad math.

I'm curious...you obviously read his post, because you quoted the entire thing...

Are you denying that their last post was almost a week ago? Because that's actually a fact. Or are you denying that the clock is ticking towards their projected release date? Because that's actually a fact as well. Or are you denying that they were out partying? That's the only one that isn't fact (to the best of our knowledge)...

I am denying:

1. That there is anything wrong with their staff taking a vacation...

2. That there is any problem with the amount / rate of release of new content in the game...

3. That any partying done by the staff of SWTOR has any impact on the amount of content available in the game...

And if YOU had read what I posted, you would see that my post criticized the implications of your post, not the random facts you threw together to try to make some misguided form of criticism.

Quoted for reference:

"applies to everything your are implying in your post..."

And mostly what I posted sounded funny to me...

Ah, another "the game is dying" thread.... it smells so familiar, the wafting aroma of pessimism, the rank stench of fabricated and anecdotal evidence, the delicate scent of debate over which anecdotal evidence is more valuable in measuring how close to doom we are...

Ahh.... just another day on any game forum ever.

Just as a bit of interest, my company is the largest manufacturer in our field in the world, and there are several times during the year where not a single person is at the plant or in the offices except security. Our customers don't seem to mind, and Lockheed Martin and the like are a bunch of whiny little... well, let's just say they can be high maintenance and leave it at that. If you can't accept that the people creating the game need time off from their 60 hour weeks, then you need to find a different hobby and get a job.

OH NO, someone is being snarky and sarcastic again.

Anything to attack a poster right?

It's legitimate. Poster puts up a clock of his own making (look at the url) and suggests it is real and has something to do with BW's "response." Next poster decides BW has the month off. Third poster reacts to this and says they SHOULDN'T have the month off.

Excuse me? They don't. Somebody made that up, but next poster takes it as real and chastises BW for something second poster came up with out of the blue--just like the clock in the OP.

These kinds of "facts" don't even qualify as speculation. They are completely bogus. And THIS is the quality of threads in General "criticizing" BW.

Just as a bit of interest, my company is the largest manufacturer in our field in the world, and there are several times during the year where not a single person is at the plant or in the offices except security. Our customers don't seem to mind, and Lockheed Martin and the like are a bunch of whiny little... well, let's just say they can be high maintenance and leave it at that. If you can't accept that the people creating the game need time off from their 60 hour weeks, then you need to find a different hobby and get a job.

get back to work.

You guys are all off-topic.

What is this party? Where is it? And how do we get in?

Hey, I already said I was putting on my speedsuit and wanted a binky for the rave! didn't you get the flyer for the location on Nar Shaddaa?

edit: come to think of it, I think that would be a great new emote '/rave', you flail your arms around with a binky in your mouth until you fall over dead from dehydration.

Edited by ikinai

It's "struggling".

Also, it's fair to assume that as the subscriber player base goes down, the revenue from the CM will INEVITABLY go down too, unless of course...

EVERYONE is supposed to believe the urban myth that F2P and Preferred, the same people who don't pay for a sub, are the ones spending all their dough on the CM.

Didn't BW come out and straight up say that the majority of their CM revenue was from subscribers? Which to me makes way more sense.

Hey, I already said I was putting on my speedsuit and wanted a binky for the rave! didn't you get the flyer for the location on Nar Shaddaa?

edit: come to think of it, I think that would be a great new emote '/rave', you flail your arms around with a binky in your mouth until you fall over dead from dehydration.

I'll bring the glow sticks and Geritol.

::nntss nntss nntss nntss::

Edited by Joesixxpack

I am denying:

1. That there is anything wrong with their staff taking a vacation...

2. That there is any problem with the amount / rate of release of new content in the game...

3. That any partying done by the staff of SWTOR has any impact on the amount of content available in the game...

And if YOU had read what I posted, you would see that my post criticized the implications of your post, not the random facts you threw together to try to make some misguided form of criticism.

Quoted for reference:

"applies to everything your are implying in your post..."

And mostly what I posted sounded funny to me...

You seem to be confusing me for the OP, which I am not.

I did read what you had posted, and it didn't make any sense to me, which is why I asked you to clarify. You suggested that the OP had no "facts". I was simply pointing out that he did use facts...not eloquently, but they were facts no less.