A PvP a Day...

DomiSotto

A PVP A DAY-

DAY-2

MATCH-#1

TOON- San'dari

LEVEL 52 SCOUNDREL (Not augmented lvl 50 campaign gear 4pc. set bonus, rating 146, left side looking bad also)

OK, i got the one for today out of the way early today. It was an AHG, and I was back-fill. Our group comp was all dps and one healer (me). I'm not sure who we lost or why, I didn't ask or even have time to say my usual "Hey I'm new to pvp but I will do my best" statement. I popped into stealth and ran to middle cause in chat the lead was saying people needed to grab the damn orbs and forget the death-matching. We were behind by quite a bit. As I got mid a guy close to me was getting burst so I threw kolto cloud and a UW medicine. I then started to srmp the folks by me when they must have noticed I was a healer, cause the two closest imps to me peeled (?) and started to focus me. Two jugs. Inb4 usually I'm a fan of two juggs. I tried to scamper away after kolto cloud on myself and got stuck and killed before I could break the stun and stealth out.

I won't give a play by play but here is a couple things I was unclear about. The other team had me marked I'm sure, as I was targeted pretty fast when ever I'd pop up, even in chat the leader said "man they are focusing the healer pretty hard". Now we didn't have a tank, so what was a reasonable expectation for my group, cause I received what seemed like no help at all. Now my heals for the match were about 200k, but numbers on a scoreboard, from what I've red here don't paint an accurate picture of my overall contribution to the group.

This brings me to my second question. As the matches only healer, was I right to stay mid when everyone in the match was either mid themselves or at our node guarding or dropping off orbs? Also while I was mid, I did a bit of off dpsing. I threw a xs-fly by on imps grabbing orbs to interrupt them, threw some grenades, and some charged blasts. Also some flash-bangs. Should I shy away from that? Should I have grabbed an orb to run to my node?

Also, I know pvp is on the move, and only a terrible enemy team will let me just free cast. But it seems I have to set up shop sometimes to throw my big heals, but like I said this group had me focused pretty much every time I showed my face, so should I be focusing on my hots and try to stay on the move, only stopping to do my casted heals every once and awhile. For some reason that does not seem right to me, as I have to focus on more then one person and most of them seem to be in need of big heals if I am just getting there from spawn or something. Yes I back-load heals and have key-binds but kudos to you dudes that can do the whole mouse running/turning thing, cause that ***** is hard. I will be trying to incorporate that into stuff as time goes on.

I'm sorry for the wall of text, but people seem to like this thread, and the op and I are the only two committed to "A pvp a day" so I figured since we're gonna report back every day, might as well give the community something to critique. That way we can receive advice and tips along our reports and we can see how long we can keep this thread going, and gauge the progress the both of us are making. Like an experiment. Anyway that's all for me, my son's cranky and wants his nap NOW!!

Well kudos for hanging in there as the only healer. haha

That is simply the risk you take as a healer though. I usually try my best to harass the healers. I have chased some REALLY good ones too (which is sometimes frustrating lol) But, even if I can't kill them, I try to at least keep them occupied instead of allowing them to sit there spamming heals on his/her group.

I suggest you stay with the larger group. You have a greater chance of a teammate picking up on the guy harassing/targeting you. Some may disagree, but I have a tougher time getting to the healer if they have a designated protector. Just try asking a teammate see if they would just keep an eye out for you while you heal. Sometimes they are happy to do that. If I heal a wz, I usually stay/follow the player who is doing the most destruction to the other team and try to keep them in the game. Just my thoughts on it.

cheers

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A PVP A DAY

SAND'ARI

LEVEL 55

SAWBONES SCOUNDREL

GREE EDITION

Now I won't make this long as I am short on time, but gree is back and I am having a sht ton of fun killing and getting killed all over the western ice shelf. Also the tears warm my bed at night. This is the first gree where I have had pvp gear and an inclination to have me some fun. Using the new skills I have acquired I am holding my own and getting in some good ones. I have also been mercilessly killed over and over and over by roving bands. It is truly fun once you can accept that pvp area is for pvp and free for all really does mean free for all, not just kill the opposite faction or just kill other people doing pvp, but everyone, orb carriers especially. There is achievo's to be had and titles to be won. I will be back on later with some stories, but for now it's dad time.

Wow, that's a no mean feat. :) I've never done Gree before, or the open world. RESPECT!

We are still on the road so no PvP still & will be off the grid after tomorrow (in-laws! The day they get internet will be the day....)

A PVP A DAY: Relics of the Gree edition

Sand'ari

Level 55

Sawbones Scoundrel

Gearing: 4pc Obroan set bonus (head, chest, legs, pants) Obroan MH and 2 relics, unaugmented

Greetings all, I have not posted all week really, I was super busy with RL issues, family stuff, etc... but I did manage to log on to do my gree dailies in the evenings that I did not have progression. As I think I said before, this gree was the first one where I had a toon with pvp gear and it happened around the time I am getting to like pvp.

Now with that said, open world pvp is so different then a war-zone or an arena, the unknown factor is so huge. I was in the pvp area trying to "gank" orb carriers, and saw a merc in healing cell. Now I am a scoundrel healer so I don't do huge damage and figured that this would either be easy or a good fight. Well, to my surprise, when I came out of stealth and attacked, two sins and an op popped out of stealth and laid waste to my dumb arse, lol. Another time I brought some friends into the node whilst I had the orb, and when I was interrupted the first time, we attacked and the orb helped kill. This was in addition to the many little ambushes or 1 on 1's that found their way to me as I went about my dailies. Some I won and some I didn't. I must say though that I had a blast this week and it was cool to look at gree in a whole new way.

Now without wanting to start an argument, I want to say that I also found a different outlook on all the gen chat QQ. While in the free for all area I attacked pubs and imps, got attacked by pubs and imps and had a blast.. After one instance of killing an orb carrier, a jedi, I was whispered for a half hour about what a piece of sht I was for "ganking" my own faction. I wanted to feel bad but I couldn't. I used to think the exact same, my first Gree event. "how dare these griefers attack me on my daily run, I just wanna do my missions" I see now that I don't have to go into the pvp area at all, and my second and third gree I didn't and still made legend. I also see that if I go into that area I have no right to be mad at anyone but myself if I get killed in a player versus player attack by anyone.

Anyway, sorry about the tangent. Now during the event, fighting one on one while flagged doing missions in the regular area, it really seemed I got killed a rather lot more then I killed. Now I know being a scoundrel healer I'm not supposed to be a dps but can anyone share some advice on how to maybe level the field a bit. I used my defense screen, HoT's, my stun to get behind to use back blast, even XS-fly by. Sometimes, even in mostly pvp gear I was getting pwnd by peoples companions as much as them. I guess maybe the comp was wearing pvp gear? My own Corso Riggs is in mostly 180 pve tank gear, which is kinda worthless in those situations.

In closing I will say again that I had a blast this Gree, I wanna thank the folks who support this thread and give advice, as it's helped me look at things in a new way. The rumor is that the Rak plague is about to spread to a planet near you, and I can't wait for some more of that wild kill or be killed sht. It is back to war-zones tomorrow, so my reporting will go back to normal, but I will only have time for a few matches a day, as I am also devoting time to the test server to see what I need to stock up on to make a the money, and to make my house cool. If anyone has any questions about that that they don't see in the pts forum, pm me. Be well all. Until tomorrow

As someone who almost exclusively PvPs, be it Warzones or GSF, I'll have to agree with the people advicing you to turn off the chat and just focus on 1 thing.

If you're a healer, just whack-a-mole like you do in PvE and remember that people dying isnt nearly as bad in WZs as it is in Ops.

If you're a DPS, just single out the enemy healer and try to kill him.. The more experienced people will likely take care of the objectives for you. (Be it carrying the ball, capping nodes, or grabbing orbs.)

If you're a tank, you might want to consider guard duty. Simply guarding the nodes your teammates arent clustered around and calling for aid/surviving when you get attacked helps a whole lot.

Don't let the poeple on your team or the other team get you down. That's number one. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you're trying to learn, that's all the "good" pvpers should be asking.

Block out the hate and accept the advice and constructive criticism! We need more people to PvP!

True Story:

I didn't PvP on my first toon until lvl 50 (way pre-2.0)

My first warzone was a Hypergate and I capped the node and left it. I didn't even know or think about guarding. A guy sarcastically asked me if this was my first warzone and I replied with a sad yeah

He went on to give me quite a few little tips on just how to play in a match, not even class specific.

Just do your best and try to learn something new each match :D

My first experience in the wz was.....not at all fun. It was back when I leveled to lvl 10 With my first toon.

I entered the WZ as parts of the "start" quests you recieve about FPs and all the trainers etc.

God help me the pure HATE I got from the poor PVPer who threw a right FIT finding somone With a trainig sword, no Advanced class and the most basic of gir.

The crazy HATE rant of these PVPers was like nothing I ever heard before ( unfortunately ALOT after)

Destroying THEIR fun in the wz by comming without this and that of super speciaalized gir and what not.

I played wrong, I was in idiot and what not.

Reported it all, naturally to no use.

After this extremely Nice welcome to swtor from the PVP population I decided to make it a two way street and begin to hate and sometimes "destroy" the fun of the occational PVPer.

Gods I felt they deserved nothing else.

After some mosre Levels ( now my first toon here was around 20-25) I decided to stay flagged, and I allways accepted duels

I decided to just do nothing, even though I accepted just to kill the fun of the Challenge of the duel.

And again the HATE came spewing out. I destroyed the fun of Things, was inconsiderate was an A** for not defending my self at all making the duel more boring that watching grass grow.

I was in the so what......it's only payback.

and the spiral of "mutual" hate began to grow and eventually it grew way too far and possibly to the point of no Return.

Then After getting my self together again, I decided to try learn pvp, se what this Whole thing was all about and where exatctly the fun was.

There wasn't any, just more hate. Wrong Equipment, wrong playing style, wrong this wrong that.

So when asking for advice the sole answer was get pvp gir.

Fair enough, but then it turned out that I had to og to wz to earn the needed coms for pvp gir.

Every time I did pvpers began their hate.

I did wrong, had wrong gir and what not.

Same story all over again EVERY time.

So I began eventually from time to Write critisism, sometime hatefull sometime I made an effort to not be hatefull and rather try get a debate going how to make the bridge between thee experienced and the Ono experienced players, but Guess what?

HATE, or rather the pvp poulation brought out their "victim" mask, and went toally defensive, began normal person attack, critisizing grammar and all just to awoid rainfg the issue.

I landed on the conclusion that the PVP poulation is an "elitist" ( if you wish) Group that have no consideraion of other what so ever.

I still have this oppinion, as I yet to date have had a "Nice" pvp encounter.

However the just stand there and do nothing ALL the time has to be so annoying to the attacker, no challange nothing. LOL boring F.

This what everyone shoud do , make ALL pvp so boring and make sure to be super undergeared in the WZ PVPareas, let everyone kill you until get so bored they stop.

Every day, non stop, and maybe one day....

A Miracle can happen, maybe PVPer Wakes up and actually offer guidance, advice and not just pure HATE.

The PVP hate on the forums and server was initially a result of the PVP Groups own hate towards "beginners" who never even had a chance to learn before being hated upon.

No PVPers should learn that maybe if they showed consideration to others then they as a Group would recieve less hate......but I assume it is easier for them to hide behind the "victim" card.

After all ANY even slightly question about PVP and the PVPer og on the defensive and starts spewing hate....

And to boot they report others for the same hate they first began spewing out.

Why is it so hard for PVPers to be Nice to others?

I just wish everyone could get along.

Why is it so hard for PVPers to be Nice to others?

PVP'ers are generally willing to talk shop to people who are new or who are asking questions to get better themselves. They get rude when something is explained and still ignored (meaning you're making the same mistakes over and over again) or when someone makes a thousand and one excuses why something wasn't their fault. IE those who blame being stunlocked for a lack of a an incoming call or those who bring up premades or OP classes and other such nonsense.

No you don't. You want to hijack threads with half-formed sentences.

Ignore this poster, he's gone on like this on several threads in an attempt to derail the conversation. In one of them, he claimed that he was "ganked" on Tython. Yeah. You can't get to Tython as an imperial character, never have, never will. Obvious lie is obvious.

Let's go on with the positive attitude of the thread and leave crazy behind.

No you don't. You want to hijack threads with half-formed sentences.

Ignore this poster, he's gone on like this on several threads in an attempt to derail the conversation. In one of them, he claimed that he was "ganked" on Tython. Yeah. You can't get to Tython as an imperial character, never have, never will. Obvious lie is obvious.

Let's go on with the positive attitude of the thread and leave crazy behind.

I wasn't imperial, and the genkers was reps.

1 time genked = ashattery=NEVER again og pvp...

Genking is rude and only that.

Yes I have ben on several threads.

PVP/PVE is a "conflict" area.

Like when PVP gir is needed, to get you need certain comms, these you get through pvp.

Yet in the mind of PVPers it is wrong for a non PVPer to come to the wz, do "nothing" ( in the mind of a PVPer) and leave With a few coms only to repeat this until enough coms are collected.

IF PVP gir could be bought With other coms then that issue isn't a problem.

This is only of serveral problems.

There are threads here critizing non PVPers for trying to get PVPgear ( in the way mentioned above).

It should be irellevant if this annoys the PVPers, they of all People should understan that these guys are trying to get pvp gir to join the pvp ranks in time...but no.

PVPers is an elitist Group of fanaitc HATERS nothing else..

I hav tried pvp I know, it was....hate.....nothing else.

I just whish there was 1 pvper out the who actally was mature enough not to be in a default hate mode every day

Actually this thread is mainly about instanced WZ's and tips for new players trying it out. It's not about OWpvp, ganking flagged players in open world or complaining about the auto flag in the gree event.

it is.

I just had to respond. to a post related to me( as a person, naturally as it was written by a pvper)

I gave an account of my first experience in the WZ, and then described the negative experience I had.

I generalize, only because I to date have not had a constructive debate on how to either educate non pvpers so they don't mess up in wz by being wrongly geared etc.

BUT to get the gir they hve to be "undergeared" they have to come PVE geared in a PVP "world" they have to be carried at times.

There are far too many PVPers that in the heat of Things forgets that the "noob" ( what a hateful term btw) is there to improve, and by claiming the noob for ANY reason is a problem is what fules the hatred and what widens the gap between pvp and pve players.

My advice to New players is to ignore complaints , make sure to use the wz to get the coms needed for pvp gir

Ignore PVPer complaits about how this in any way impacts their wz experience in a negative way.

After all it a learing curve and some are beginners.

By Queuing up, there will be a mix of experience in the pvp skill among the players, this will allways be.

There will allways be players tht "slows" Things Down to an annoying Level....let them.

Educate them, be Nice to them and give them a fair chance to learn.

Perhaps some PVPers actually do Accept these New and inexperienced players, I have yet to meet one, but I am sure they exists.

So why can't some of the experienced pvpers actually "offer" help to others?

Give some..........and in Return perhaps the recieve some "love" and maybe New friends and New People to pvp With.

but I Guess that would be whishful thinking the way Things are.

You have meet them, they've been posting throughout this thread. No one here is ranting or calling anyone n00bs (you're the only one insulting anyone here) yet this thread is filled with "pvp'ers".

And noob isn't a hateful term. Newb is someone who is new to the game or WZ. Noob is someone who isn't new but still makes the same newbie mistakes. Newbs are forgiven, especially if they are taking the advise given. Noobs are not forgiven because of the nature of a noob. Noobs generally argue against the advise given or make excuses why something isn't their fault.

I had a "warrior" in one of my WZ's the other night. He was clearly new and announced this was his first WZ. Not one person on the team gave him a hard time. We told him not to worry about it and to just stick with the group. A few others explained where to get his advanced class once the WZ ends, for which he was most appreciative.

You have meet them, they've been posting throughout this thread. No one here is ranting or calling anyone n00bs (you're the only one insulting anyone here) yet this thread is filled with "pvp'ers".

And noob isn't a hateful term. Newb is someone who is new to the game or WZ. Noob is someone who isn't new but still makes the same newbie mistakes. Newbs are forgiven, especially if they are taking the advise given. Noobs are not forgiven because of the nature of a noob. Noobs generally argue against the advise given or make excuses why something isn't their fault.

I had a "warrior" in one of my WZ's the other night. He was clearly new and announced this was his first WZ. Not one person on the team gave him a hard time. We told him not to worry about it and to just stick with the group. A few others explained where to get his advanced class once the WZ ends, for which he was most appreciative.

:), good for him. and Nice of you all.

I whish this could happen more often as that would maybe want me to consider the possibility of maybe some day in the distn future give the wz a second chance

My "grudges" are based on bad experiences.

I never returned to the WZ ever after my trip there, because of how I was treated.

I most likely never will go to a wz again, I have no way of knowing that it will be any differnt.

So to me the "hate" I have for pvp players come as a result of the hate I was subjected to.

Yorioko stop hijacking Domi's and myselfs thread. This isn't a place to gripe, it's for the two of us to do pvp, report back and get advice and maybe tell funny stories about our epic failures that day. I already explained everything to you in your rant thread. Please leave this one be.

Yorioko stop hijacking Domi's and myselfs thread. This isn't a place to gripe, it's for the two of us to do pvp, report back and get advice and maybe tell funny stories about our epic failures that day. I already explained everything to you in your rant thread. Please leave this one be.

/seconded

A PVP A DAY

Last night of the Gree event

Level 55

Sawbones scoundrel

Gearing: Obroan: Pants, chest, legs, gloves, MH, relics-2 (un-augmented)

So last night was the final evening for the Relics of the Gree. For some reason it seemed I had no luck at all. I don't know if the folks I was killing before we in PvE gear, but I camped the node for awhile and got my arse handed to me again and again. I seriously even got globaled by an op. I got shivved in the back, stunned and I was, no kidding, dead instantly. Maybe he had a friend, but after killing me the op went back into stealth, and when I looked behind me with the camera and /say good game, I didn't see anyone, just a lol came across /say chat. I of course came back again a coupe times and was killed mighty fast, which is OK by me. Really though I think that was the first time I was globaled.

I guess I will be happy to be back to regular war zones today, fulfilling a roll on a team instead of just playing cat and mouse. It's too bad the x2 comm event is over, I was gearing pretty fast, and I will have enough to get an OH or an earpiece today, with some change if I get the ear. I had a look at the ranked gear, man oh man that shiza is expensive, but I am a long way from that. Anyway, I will be back at it today in regs and I will be adding a lowbie slinger to mix as well, lvl 12. So I should be back with my first WZ report tomorrow. Until then.

A PVP A DAY: Relics of the Gree edition

Sand'ari

Level 55

Sawbones Scoundrel

Gearing: 4pc Obroan set bonus (head, chest, legs, pants) Obroan MH and 2 relics, unaugmented

Anyway, sorry about the tangent. Now during the event, fighting one on one while flagged doing missions in the regular area, it really seemed I got killed a rather lot more then I killed. Now I know being a scoundrel healer I'm not supposed to be a dps but can anyone share some advice on how to maybe level the field a bit.

JR, a lot of it is simple strengths vs weaknesses. As a healer, you should be able to kill tanks 1v1 with no difficulty, though it'll be slow. However, vs a DPS, you're at a disadvantage. Your best bet vs. a DPS is to be somewhere with a lot of LOS cover so that you can damage, LOS and heal, damage, LOS and heal, etc. But make no mistake about it, when i'm specced full heals on my operative, the odds are against me in a 1v1 against a good dps. It's not you, it's just the way it is my friend;)

A PVP A DAY

Last night of the Gree event

Level 55

Sawbones scoundrel

Gearing: Obroan: Pants, chest, legs, gloves, MH, relics-2 (un-augmented)

I guess I will be happy to be back to regular war zones today, fulfilling a roll on a team instead of just playing cat and mouse. It's too bad the x2 comm event is over, I was gearing pretty fast, and I will have enough to get an OH or an earpiece today, with some change if I get the ear. I had a look at the ranked gear, man oh man that shiza is expensive, but I am a long way from that. Anyway, I will be back at it today in regs and I will be adding a lowbie slinger to mix as well, lvl 12. So I should be back with my first WZ report tomorrow. Until then.

Yeah, I pvp as heals on my operative but pve as dps, and we operatives/scoundrels get a lot of boosts to crit% in our middle tree. I get 10k hidden strikes and backstab crits all the time in PVE, even if he was only getting 8k on you, it's still hidden strike - shiv - stun - lacerate - lacerate - backstab for 6k-8k apiece and you're on the rough end of a lucky streak. It happens, you did nothing wrong.

Don't forget to augment your obroan as time and money allow, that'll provide even more of a boost in most cases than upgrading to brutalizer. Looking forward to your next post!

Yay, we are back home after a few days off the grid!

Honestly, I am sorry someone is having a bad experience. Maybe a different server might help or switching time, and not doing a few warzones in a row? I dunno, if it is not fun, obviously, don't do it :) I just see it as a great and actually least painful way to evolve as a player.

OMG, Jrwelworthy, your reports made my mouth water - you certainly getting some fun stuff. I managed to get through the solo dailies on my Gunslinger twice, half-time on one red bar for connection but that's it for Gree, but boy, you had some awesome experience, I think. Now, I am curious about trying Tatooine OW when it comes up on my Trooper.

Speaking of which I had ample time to plan, so here is what I want to do, please let me know if I am on the right track!

I am going to focus on two characters.

My Gunslinger DF (who just hit L55 dunno how) running her through Ilum-Makeb gauntlet - the Gree event gave me the confidence to set her on her way. I want to do her daily at least to continue to accumulate comms. What I am wondering about, I now have about 900 thou war chest for her, so I want to start putting augments on her gear one by one as loot comes in. I have tech/accuracy to 110/100, so I assume she needs power/surge/critical augments for MK-9/corresponding augments? I also want to RE earpieces from blue to purple L52 (to both level Cybertech to 450 and improve her 'left') Right thing? Wrong thing? I am too far off Valor 40 yet to worry about PVP set, is it Okay to just augment levelling gear until I start assembling the PvP set?

My second character is going to be my future Vanguard that I want to make a dedicated PvP character. He is L3 right now, so I will basically keybind him from very much ground zero. I don't think I have much to add right now, except I am going to grow the thickest skin I can.

I give up on trying to PvP on the Mara - I adore the character play-style and the concept, but I am simply not proficient enough to handle a melee character well. I am also impatient to see her class story because it is phenomenal. :)

Well, hope I will be back tomorrow with the reports from the warzones & hopefully will get my Trooper to L10 soon enough and bring in a new level of hilarity into the mix :)

Edited by DomiSotto

My Gunslinger DF (who just hit L55 dunno how) running her through Ilum-Makeb gauntlet - the Gree event gave me the confidence to set her on her way. I want to do her daily at least to continue to accumulate comms. What I am wondering about, I now have about 900 thou war chest for her, so I want to start putting augments on her gear one by one as loot comes in. I have tech/accuracy to 110/100, so I assume she needs power/surge/critical augments for MK-9/corresponding augments? I also want to RE earpieces from blue to purple L52 (to both level Cybertech to 450 and improve her 'left') Right thing? Wrong thing? I am too far off Valor 40 yet to worry about PVP set, is it Okay to just augment levelling gear until I start assembling the PvP set

First off, I love this thread! Great stuff!

Augments is the best thing you can do to help your stats in warzones. Pick an orange set of gear you like and you won't have to augment again! (unless you want to change your look, and left side items when you upgrade.) skill (cunning) augments are really the only choice as a Gunslinger.

Regarding accuracy, for dirtyfighting, 110 % tech acc would be too much, most people would say only go to 105%. I use a touch more of sharpshooter, but that is up for debate too.

Have fun!

Edited by THobbsy

Honestly I dont go over about 95% on my slinger and sniper with DF/Lethality. Im going to use sniper terms so if someone can translate I'd appreciate it. I use 2 pieces of medics gear for the +10% to shield probe for 55 pvp gear. With the Leth/DF tree it means your shield probe absorbs 40% more damage rather than the 30% the tree gives. This helps with survivability. I keep my crit around 28% for energy management (in your tree there is a ability that crits on dots give 2% energy back and your 2 dots tick at least 8 times each including the lesser versions). I also keep a decently high surge (75% or higher) You can do that with min/maxing your mods and supplement with mainstat (cunning) and added damage (power). If you are worried about costs start with the blue lvl 55 augs rather than the purple. Also use the nano infused 2 hour cunning stim (it persists through death) it also adds cunning and power. If you have a biochem toon that can make them it becomes alot easier. Remember with Leth/DF your dots and things like the bonus damage from cull come from your tech base not your ranged base if I remember right.

Thank you both. Yes, I was asking because I like how she looks in her orange get-up, and I did not want to change it. So, I don't have to worry about accuracy any more, and add as much as I can of blue (for now) cunning, power + surge as my crit is I think around that number already. Sounds good.

No Biochem character yet - that is one of the reasons I am going to develop my trooper solo and fast, since my groupped BioCHem character is lagging behind too much waiting till we have time to play her, only so much one ca do on re-loggings.

Gotta take a look at what I can now afford now, train her for L55, and see just how rusty I am :) Expect to be slaughtered, but will do what I can! Fingers crossed it is not Huttballl!

Edited by DomiSotto

huttball (esp the new one) can be good for slingers if you set on the pipe and you have a good team. I've set on the pipe on that one and shot the opposing team as they come out of their endzone and if I can get 3 or 4 of them focused on killing me,then my team typically has no issues running the ball in repeatedly. :) Good luck on your WZ's! Edited by Ravenschild

Thank you :)

Well, the Force was not with me, but I finished Daily and Weekly in 4 matches (so, yes, lost all of them, but some were close). The rewards now on L55 are even more lavish, and the daily now is 4 zones, with 15 for a weekly, and I even get ranked comms for doing it. Sweeet! It is also not a Republic against Empire any longer, it is just a mix. I hope that's right, I checked and rechecked that I am queuing for just a warzone. My valor is now 7, I think, so ways to go!

The Warzones were: Huttball - new one; Novarre, Gate, and one of the Arenas. Overall, I was as dismal as expected. The only highlights were that I finally rolled 4000 on a single ability (yay!), killed a ball carrier in HB (by accident), and finally managed to drop a node at a pylon (that at least was planned!). I did install parsec, but did not run it yet.

Thank you for the tip on nesting in the pipes. I keep trying to find something I can do in Huttball. :(

I managed to augment 2 pieces of gear with blue skill augments, train the L55 (ruinous, I tell you, ruinous!) and buy 3 more 140 purples (armor and 2 mods). Had to run Black Hole solos to get a bit of cashflow, and still dropped below 500 thou. Oh, well, grind R us - there is 8 more pieces of gear to go! Oh, got the L54 schematics for earpieces, so finally hit 450 on cybertech (happy!) no blue one yet (less happy).

Here is for the brighter tomorrow! Gonna see if I can put a level or three on my Vanguard to be before it's a bit too much.

Edited by DomiSotto