*** we have to PAY for legacy storage?!?

The vanilla release of SWTOR it cost a small fortune to expand the personal and bank inventory slots of a character.

There was no option to pay for it by CC or to buy the unlocks from the GTN. It was a per character cost with no account wide unlocks either. I hate to think how many credits I spent on my characters before the Cartel Market hit.

Account wide personal inventory and bank tab unlocks are one of the most worthwhile purchases I ever made and I have no ill will towards BW/EA for making that option available (in fact they went above and beyond by making them a freely tradable item, I purchased most of mine on the GTN)

I wouldn't expect a feature as requested as Legacy storage to come as a free addition.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people are dumb enough to do that without fne print haha

And thus smart crafters can make a killing on the market. I put about 10-15 minutes of effort into crafting per day, and it fully funds gearing my characters and keeps me rolling in cash. With added boosts when new things like this come out, I can use the excess to buy up all the new content.

I expect I'll have all of the properties unlocked with boatloads of decorations by the end of the first month, and I don't even particularly care for housing. I just won't have anything else to spend the money on. :p

The vanilla release of SWTOR it cost a small fortune to expand the personal and bank inventory slots of a character.

There was no option to pay for it by CC or to buy the unlocks from the GTN. It was a per character cost with no account wide unlocks either. I hate to think how many credits I spent on my characters before the Cartel Market hit.

Account wide personal inventory and bank tab unlocks are one of the most worthwhile purchases I ever made and I have no ill will towards BW/EA for making that option available (in fact they went above and beyond by making them a freely tradable item, I purchased most of mine on the GTN)

I wouldn't expect a feature as requested as Legacy storage to come as a free addition.

Exactly. You have to pay for features to your ship (and well worth it), so I can't imagine why you wouldn't expect to pay for them in your home. If you couldn't acquire it in game, that would be a problem, but a cartel option for the lazy is not a problem, lol

Edited by errant_knight

Damn the defenders are quick to respond.

" You can craft it! You have to complete Nightmare DP and DF six times to get the mats for it!!! Or you can pay 5m per mat on the GTN for it! Stop whining!! No ones forcing you to buy it off the CM!!"

This^

" You can craft it! You have to complete Nightmare DP and DF six times to get the mats for it!!! Or you can pay 5m per mat on the GTN for it! Stop whining!! No ones forcing you to buy it off the CM!!"

You make it sound like 5mil is a lot or something.

That's the scenario that I'm worried about based on our experiences (that so many seem to forget so quickly) with the G7 ship components.

I expect a crafting implementation that heavily incentivises the use of cartel coins instead, and I expect the cartel coin cost to be 1,800-2,400 coins or probably more.

Edited by DarthTHC

Nonsense, you can make 3 to 4 hundred thousand a day just doing dallies without even putting much effort or time into it, so in a week to ten days it would be nothing to acquire the money. Or you can craft it. The important question is why do so many expect to get things for free with no gameplay involved. This is basically saying that it's an unfair hardship to be expected to play the game and things should be just handed to you.

Nonsense, you can make 3 to 4 hundred thousand a day just doing dallies without even putting much effort or time into it, so in a week to ten days it would be nothing to acquire the money. Or you can craft it. The important question is why do so many expect to get things for free with no gameplay involved. This is basically saying that it's an unfair hardship to be expected to play the game and things should be just handed to you.

That's how it is with these kids. False sense of entitlement. Everyone gets a trophy. LS is this week's trophy. I shudder to think that I might actually have to play the game. Can't I just log in and complain that there's nothing to do?

Are Dyes and Augment Kits hard to craft? You know 1 time use only items?

Because it is.

Yes now go ahead and share how awesome you are for having that kind of disposable treasury.

There's a difference between being awesome and being willing to do dailies and fps. Or to farm mats in Czerka and sell them. Or to craft and sell things. If you can't make money, it's because you aren't playing a big chunk of the game.

Edited by errant_knight

"Totally made up scenario which totally proves me right in how hard it's going to be to acquire!"

God help the kids of today if they had to play games where when you die, you lose XP, and part of your gear etc, and have to fight your way to see if you can get a portion of it back...IF another player had not corpse robbed you first.

I miss those days a lot, games are so sanitised these days and simple.

There's a difference between being awesome and being willing to do dailies ...

Dailies are mind numbing and painfully boring. I like how you say "willing", it shows you agree with me how dull and tedious they are.

That's how it is with these kids. False sense of entitlement. Everyone gets a trophy. LS is this week's trophy. I shudder to think that I might actually have to play the game. Can't I just log in and complain that there's nothing to do?

Yes it's really easy to say that kind of thing but have you ever considered that there are people that are NEW to the game and might not have 22 level 55s to do dailies with or that some of us can't spend all day everyday playing the game?

No.....I didn't think so.

P.s. I've already missed a day and a half of double XP because of work most I can do is check the forums every so often.

Edited by Anaesha

Dailies are mind numbing and painfully boring. I like how you say "willing", it shows you agree with me how dull and tedious they are.

Then make your money on the GTN. Or is that mind numbing and painfully boring, too?

I make several hundred thousand credits a day per character just doing Flash points and Operations. Is that mind numbing and painfully boring, also?

If you don't have money in this game to get what you need, then you're either lazy or just plain bad at this game. Either way, no sympathy.

Yes it's really easy to say that kind of thing but have you ever considered that there are people that are NEW to the game and might not have 22 level 55s to do dailies with or that some of us can't spend all day everyday playing the game?

No.....I didn't think so.

So basically you guys don't want to spend time in-game doing stuff to earn credits and materials to further earn things for yourselves?

Is that correct?

$15/month

So F2P and Preferred should not be allowed to have one?

Well that's mighty nice of you...

As for all you other people whining about a price that's not even set yet and completely ignoring the fact that you could make one yourself, how about you just simmer down and wait until a price is actually set.

THEN you can complain (which you undoubtedly will even if it was just 10CC or 100 credits).

Until then you are basically berating a company for something they have not yet done. No matter how much you dislike that company, that's pretty presumpteous of you. It's like complaining about next months electric bill without knowing what it is.