*** we have to PAY for legacy storage?!?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know everyone is screaming "They can be crafted" If its that simple, why would anyone buy it from the CM?

There are a shipload of skill 450 crafters. There are going to be lots and lots of crafters. I don't see the demand being greater than the supply.

I'm guessing the CM versions will be bigger, brighter, better?

I am guessing the schematic will be rare as hens teeth and cost a lot of rare mats

Nonsense, you can make 3 to 4 hundred thousand a day just doing dallies without even putting much effort or time into it, so in a week to ten days it would be nothing to acquire the money. Or you can craft it. The important question is why do so many expect to get things for free with no gameplay involved. This is basically saying that it's an unfair hardship to be expected to play the game and things should be just handed to you.

if you are paying $15 a month..you are not getting it for free. If I have to pay cc for the only useful content in months...the game is losing value for me. As BW has such a wonderful track record for retaining subscribers, they should be concerned with this.

if you are paying $15 a month..you are not getting it for free. If I have to pay cc for the only useful content in months...the game is losing value for me. As BW has such a wonderful track record for retaining subscribers, they should be concerned with this.

I don't actually think the majority of people will care if they have to pay a similar amount to have legacy storage as they did for a ship gtn or guild bank. The precedent for buying perks was set long ago. It's the expectation that it would be otherwise that's new. This is not a basic cargo hold which you get for free and will likely be in your stronghold from day one. It's a special convenience.

Edited by errant_knight

So, um, what have you been spending the CC on if there has been nothing useful?

Nope they said question about the legacy Storage and what not would be in a different stream.

Not just legacy storage, but any of it. No pricing at all for anything associated with Galactic Strongholds yet, right?

Not just legacy storage, but any of it. No pricing at all for anything associated with Galactic Strongholds yet, right?

No surprise really. Until after it is run through PTS cycles..... I would not expect to see final pricing. Any pricing they tease out now would probably not be final.. and so... not commenting until they finalize prices means less of ---> "you lied to us!!" in forum discussion.

Edited by Andryah

You can pay credits directly to the game for those things. For Legacy Storage, you will pay Cartel Coins or be at the mercy of a crafter.

If only we as players had the ability to craft, then we wouldn't be at the mercy of random crafters.

But that's the point... you don't have to pay cc for the content.

You can buy it with in-game credits or craft it.

By your reasoning we should get rid of all in-game credits and just hand out all the armor sets, weapons and other items to all players simply because they pay a monthly fee.

But that's not how it works, and you know it. You want that rare mount that drops in a NiM Op? Work for it.

You want that cool looking bounty hunter helmet that is a rare drop? Work for it or buy it on the GTN.

You don't get everything handed to you in the game simply for being a subscriber, so why should this?

As long as it's available to purchase with in-game credits or craftable then it's fine, and you are not forced to use any cc.

cc is for vanity garbage...not the major content release of the year

Then pay in-game credits for it.

or get teh decorations and stuff from crafters ( assuming the guy you quoted doesn't craft themselves)

I like how they said in the livestream, any mount you have is automatically an unlocked decoration. I can put up Tautaun Guards at my door lol.

Edited by Sangrar

playable content..GSH is the best they will be able to do for months. rehashed ops made into buggy NIM modes doesnt count

Wait...you spent your monthly allotment of subscriber CC's on GSH and playable content? What have I been missing?!? I think you missed my point entirely.

i always keep 2-3 months CC allowance "in the bank" so I always have the funds for things like Legacy Bankc rather than wasting it on packs and hypercrates.

cc is for vanity garbage...not the major content release of the year

Could not have phrased it better. So, again, what have you spent your allotment of monthly CC's on?

Edited by RandomXChance