Please remove the "Rotating" Operations feature of Group Finder

I have been trying to figure out the purpose of this restriction on what operation my guild can que for. We are a more casual guild, however on Friday nights we have a set operations group. It is very frustrating to be forced into a single choice in the GF que. I just don't understand Bio taking that choice away from the players.

I can think of a reason why they did implement it.

They spread the operations over the week, allowing still a viable option in the weekends.

This GF thing was obviously for the casual player. There are plenty of casuals who play in the weekend and not or barrely during the week. If you remove the limit, then the majority would have maxed their comms by Friday.

They did it since it ideally herds those queuing towards a particular op rather than everyone queuing up for random ops all over the place as they may be locked out of one or another - with the player base this would make even larger queue times than we get now ( well than we got with 16m as I'm convinced now the 8m is completely broken ).

Works pretty well as it is to queue, do the op, get locked out and wait a couple of days for the next one. You can always choose to run it sooner anyway and get locked out meaning you miss out on the comms or even start looking at HM versions. They really aren't as hard as people make out when picking up players on fleet ( blah blah show achievements etc. ), as long as you're geared and know the SM mechanics really well most HM mechanics aren't that much of a leap n bound. Especially with 16m.

If the current Group Finder operation isn't to your liking, you can always travel to the entrance of any operation desired.

The legacy Priority Transports make this easy-breezy.

errmmm... I bet people know they can go the instance "manually" as usual.

But now, you either forfeit the 30 comms by doing the operation you want (not the current one) by not using group finder or you do the operation you don't want to. I imagine this is OPs issue.

errmmm... I bet people know they can go the instance "manually" as usual.

But now, you either forfeit the 30 comms by doing the operation you want (not the current one) by not using group finder or you do the operation you don't want to. I imagine this is OPs issue.

Previously, if you unchecked all ops but the specific one you wanted to run, didn't you forfeit the comms anyway?

It's been a while since I queued for ops in the group finder, but that's the way I remember it working.

Previously, if you unchecked all ops but the specific one you wanted to run, didn't you forfeit the comms anyway?

It's been a while since I queued for ops in the group finder, but that's the way I remember it working.

I've never run an op through GF, but that's how it works for FPs so it would make sense.

With the current situation of 8man groupfinder, I expect that eventually quiting a 16man group before the final boss will become the new 'quit after the weekly.'

1) Pug 16man up till the final boss, getting 4 ultimate comms per boss.

2) Quit group and reform as 8man.

3) Queue up and kill the final boss.

4) Get 30 extra Ultimate comms from completing the groupfinder daily.

Hey all-

Well, I guess I see it like this, and its just MY opinion, but comms are a dime a dozen and the gear you get from them is garbage, with the exception of a select few pieces. Now I do understand the casuals guys wanna feel like they are geared up with the straight 180 comm set, but I'd like to encourage you guys to take a different view for a second.

Op, you stated that it is your Friday evening guild team run that is giving you the problems, you either have to forfeit 30 ultimate comms or do the same operation over and over due to the rotating op schedule. This is not something bio is going to change, it is working as intended, as per the patch notes. What I would encourage your team to do is start doing gearing priority on drops. Now the drops are the real treasures you get from a raid. A set bonus of 69 armoring is still better then none. Also many 69 enhancements are better then the Ult comm version. Other pieces as well, the ark tank ear piece is better then the oricon mk-1, for example. If you did this and focused on the dread raids especially your team could be geared up in ark and UW stuff in no time, all the while mixing in your comm stuff for max effect. My group is using a spreadsheet for gearing now but it doesn't have to be that serious.

I guess what I am trying to say, is don't be beholden to comms, do the raid you want by walking right int the instance, you will get comms man, so many in fact that you will soon probably be either: buying offspec gear for your fourth or fifth alt, lol, like myself, or buying stuff and selling it back for creds cause your constantly maxed.

To each his own of course, and if you have no plans to progress then I guess my point for you is moot, but I must say I will not understand why folks get all hoped up over 30 comms. Just one guys opinion though.

Be well.

With the current situation of 8man groupfinder, I expect that eventually quiting a 16man group before the final boss will become the new 'quit after the weekly.'

I'm seeing this pervese effect more and more on my server. Some people even call for PUG for all boss but the last one.

This is correct.

Hey all-

Well, I guess I see it like this, and its just MY opinion, but comms are a dime a dozen and the gear you get from them is garbage, with the exception of a select few pieces. Now I do understand the casuals guys wanna feel like they are geared up with the straight 180 comm set, but I'd like to encourage you guys to take a different view for a second.

Be well.

I wouldn't say the gear you get is garbage, most of us are taking the mods out of the gear and putting them into the gear we already have( at lest that is what I am trying to do). What the problem is the mods inside the gear except maybe for a few exception are the wrong type. I am a Sith Warrior the spec I am using is a DPS spec, and I have not been able the find the correct mods for my spec i use but one. I know what you are going to say buy the correct mods from the GNT. Right, when you have to spend between 2.5 to 3 million credits per mod , when you can find the correct mod it can get expensive real quick. I don't know about you but it takes me about two weeks of dailies for me to raise 2.5 million credits. Multiply that by all the mods you need and that is a huge fortune.

The answer to this problem is for Bio Ware to completely do away with trading comms for gear and introduce a system where you trade your comms for the mods you really need. It is so simple. I won't be holding my breath for Bio Ware to actually do it thought. For some strange reason they prefer the system they are using now.

I wouldn't say the gear you get is garbage, most of us are taking the mods out of the gear and putting them into the gear we already have( at lest that is what I am trying to do). What the problem is the mods inside the gear except maybe for a few exception are the wrong type. I am a Sith Warrior the spec I am using is a DPS spec, and I have not been able the find the correct mods for my spec i use but one. I know what you are going to say buy the correct mods from the GNT. Right, when you have to spend between 2.5 to 3 million credits per mod , when you can find the correct mod it can get expensive real quick. I don't know about you but it takes me about two weeks of dailies for me to raise 2.5 million credits. Multiply that by all the mods you need and that is a huge fortune.

The answer to this problem is for Bio Ware to completely do away with trading comms for gear and introduce a system where you trade your comms for the mods you really need. It is so simple. I won't be holding my breath for Bio Ware to actually do it thought. For some strange reason they prefer the system they are using now.

Hey all-

It looks as though you missed my entire point, but that's OK. No, I would never say:go buy your mods from the gtn, haha, that is crazy. The only time I would encourage crafted anything like that is enhancements, and only if you know a maker that will do it for just mats and maybe a tip, and only if you need like one optimized enhancement that you cannot get from comm gear i.e. the "adept" enhancement, which is a best in slot but can only be got through dread forged token or a crafter. I am going to stick by what I said to you regarding token drops over comm stuff, but I will retract my statement about all comm stuff being garbage, I believe I used the wrong word, and spoke hastily. I am wearing some 180 comm stuff myself and have been able to do a kinda gimped form of oriconian min max, while building up my dread forged kit, with just a few pieces on the right left to go. I will say though that with a mix of 69 and 68 armoring, 180 mods, from mk-1 bought and mk-2 dropped (which are actually much much better) and 2 kinds of enhancements (also mk-1 and mk-2) I was fine to go and tank hard mode dreads when my team started them, and as we progressed, now with 9/10 hm dreads on farm, it is now a breeze to gear the whole team, with specific people getting certain drops each run, it wouldn't be hard for your guild to do the same exact thing is all I was trying to say with my first post.

I guess that was the whole point I was trying to make. But I will revise it, grab your comm gear cause it does work, but please try to realize that comms are not everything, and if you miss out on 30 it is not the end of the world. So do the operation you want! Comms will always be there, they are not leaving the game. Try what I suggest, focus on drops to mix in and maximize yourself as best you can with what you have available. Also, your idea about just buying the mods and enhancements you want is already something that is a thing at the pvp vendors so its not a stretch to want it for yourself, but you should not be able to buy all the best in slot of anything from a vendor, it should be worked for. Have a good time with your raiding.

I won't be holding my breath for Bio Ware to actually do it thought. For some strange reason they prefer the system they are using now.

They should redesign how it works. The current system promotes ninjalooting aswell.

They could simply let a amount of comms be equal to a mod or enhancement

On topic I would like to see all 55 ops in the groupfinder

Edited by Icestar

They should redesign how it works. The current system promotes ninjalooting aswell.

They could simply let a amount of comms be equal to a mod or enhancement

On topic I would like to see all 55 ops in the groupfinder

I have never heard of ninjalooting ,what is it. That was the point I was trying to get across. You took the words right out of my mouth.:D Now to get back on topic I would like to see all of the operation both story mode and hard mode in the group finder. It certainly make looking for a group a lot easier. It would be nice if they could get the group finder to really work. I know they couldn't, the great fiasco of 2.8 just proves it. I can dream can't I.

Thanks for the replies, all good takes on it for sure. My main issue was having to forfeit the 30 comms if we didn't want to run the ops provided. Mostly it is the issue of removing the somewhat choice really. I too use comms to strip out mods into my gear.

Bumping this up on the thread.

Definitely, please remove this feature. And add ALL ops to the queue. The problem with the double XP weekends is that some ops you completely bypass, because you hit 55 before you get a chance to do them. However, once you hit 55 they get removed from the queue group finder. Then, it becomes a hassle to find a group to go back through them. Veteran 55's can run through most of them solo, but new 55's don't have the gear for it, yet. It'd be nice to have the option to just put yourself in queue for it.

Please don't remove it.

At least not if you want to endure very very very very very very very very very very very very long queues.

1st off all something which has previously been said:

- lockouts will create issues with people queue'ing for different operations

- people will queue for a certain specific ops increasing the total waiting time

Just like with warzones its would be just bad to do it like that. It seems to me bioware is aiming at fast popping queues mostly (see the new tactical flashpoint idea of them). I'm not saying its good or bad its just the direction they choose.

• 3 months later...

Please, this is stupid, now I'd have to sit on fleet to join a pug for the op I want to do on the night it isn't 'up'.

Stop being lame because you don't have enough people to play your game BW and give us back the groupfinder we deserve not the one you need. Or maybe work on the fact that you put out an op that becomes the default farm op everyone does all the time.

You've killed half the point of Groupfinder, allowing us to other things while we wait, I can't sit in my stupid stronghold (remember those) and try to get into a pug op or anything because I have to sit on fleet waiting or asking for the op I want on the off night.

What's next rotations for FP's? Yeah let's do that FFS!

Thanks for the replies, all good takes on it for sure. My main issue was having to forfeit the 30 comms if we didn't want to run the ops provided. Mostly it is the issue of removing the somewhat choice really. I too use comms to strip out mods into my gear.

The purpose of those 30 comms is to encourage people to use group finder so guildless people/casuals/etc have a chance to do operations. In my opinion the group finder should never grant comms to a full group queuing, since it's basically rewarding them for something they haven't done.

What you are asking for can be translated to: "I want to run whatever operation I feel like doing, with only my guildmates and no strangers, I want to have a quicktravel to the instance, and on top of any rewards for killing bosses I want 30 Ultimate Commendations for my effort!"

Honestly, I don't want to come out as a jerk, but don't you see something wrong in what you are asking for?

Lastly the group finder has a rotating schedule of operations for the following reasons:

• To ensure faster queues since everyone is queued for the same operation.
  • To ensure someone logging in late in the week is still able to find a group.

The purpose of those 30 comms is to encourage people to use group finder so guildless people/casuals/etc have a chance to do operations. In my opinion the group finder should never grant comms to a full group queuing, since it's basically rewarding them for something they haven't done.

What you are asking for can be translated to: "I want to run whatever operation I feel like doing, with only my guildmates and no strangers, I want to have a quicktravel to the instance, and on top of any rewards for killing bosses I want 30 Ultimate Commendations for my effort!"

Honestly, I don't want to come out as a jerk, but don't you see something wrong in what you are asking for?

Lastly the group finder has a rotating schedule of operations for the following reasons:

• To ensure faster queues since everyone is queued for the same operation.
  • To ensure someone logging in late in the week is still able to find a group.

This 100%

To be really honest here .....

Groupfinder isnt intended for guildruns. Any comms gain you get as guild should be perceived as free bonus.

If your guild wants to use groupfinder go ahead. But than accept the fact that you can only choose one.

Why only 1?

Because if 8 people were queueing for DF you get a pop. But what about the folowing picture?

- 1 healer for TfB

- 1 tank / 2 dps for Scum

- 1 tank / 1 healer for DP

- 2 dps for DF

Good luck with getting a pop guys.

This is really black/white picture but it is the reason why bioware does this. Anyone watching the twitch devstreams will hear them say just that very often.

add ALL ops to the queue. The problem with the double XP weekends is that some ops you completely bypass, because you hit 55 before you get a chance to do them. However, once you hit 55 they get removed from the queue group finder. Then, it becomes a hassle to find a group to go back through them.

This please! :)

I guess when 50 was the level cap, people had infinite time to get suitably geared for ops. But I seemed to go from 50 to 55 in the blink of an eye - by the time I was geared in what I thought appropriate for 50 ops, I couldn't do them in GF anymore! :rak_02:

It's currently one of the fastest methods of grinding out Ultimate comms, you get like almost 60 comms if you havent done the Weekly for that Op.

This please! :)

I guess when 50 was the level cap, people had infinite time to get suitably geared for ops. But I seemed to go from 50 to 55 in the blink of an eye - by the time I was geared in what I thought appropriate for 50 ops, I couldn't do them in GF anymore! :rak_02:

If you want to do lvl 50 ops just form a group on fleet. It's usually very easy and fast to find enough people since the gear requirement for those is so low.