Darth Angral (Spoilers)

Ghoase

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, the freaking elite battle droids guarding the relays were harder..

If Valis is a 10.. would rate angral about a 6 or 7..

sent kira in (she was GEARED)..

wait for him to channel the big blast..

stasis..

force kick abotu 2 secs after statis because he starts to re-channel...

saber ward..

pew pew..

call on the force about 4-5 secs after that saber ward ends..

saber ward again..

force kick as timer was up and he was about to channel the blast again..

pew pew..

pop a med pac..

he done...

me still over 60% health, kira still alive..

I was REALLY surprised how fast he went down first try, I was a lvl 32 guardian. I was geared up for this Epic fight because people were saying how hard he was. He didn't even get me below 70% health and he died in like 60 secs tops. I interrupted everything he threw at me and he was kind of a joke to be honest.

Just beat him at level 29. I'll admit, it took me 3 attempts.

He was 4 levels above me, so as you can imagine, my interrupts were getting resisted. The time where they didn't get resisted at all, I was left with maybe half HP.

I was REALLY surprised how fast he went down first try, I was a lvl 32 guardian. I was geared up for this Epic fight because people were saying how hard he was. He didn't even get me below 70% health and he died in like 60 secs tops. I interrupted everything he threw at me and he was kind of a joke to be honest.

He's a very easy boss if you interrupt. Only the scrubs that don't fail.

Sorry for asking a noob question, but what's meant with "use your cooldown"? I can't beat him, so I probably have to wait for a friend to come online. He killed Kira in less than 5 seconds and me in another ten. I am a Sentinel, combat specced.

Sorry for asking a noob question, but what's meant with "use your cooldown"? I can't beat him, so I probably have to wait for a friend to come online. He killed Kira in less than 5 seconds and me in another ten. I am a Sentinel, combat specced.

Leap--->Force Stasis----->Saber Ward------>Call on the Force----->Saber Ward again when the original one wears off.

Interrupt every thing you can.

/win

Edited by Joefjr

maaaaaan this thread had me worried

I was only 31 when I faced him as a Guardian...

did it in one try T_T

then the fight with Kira, I got my T7 out and she was almost at no hp by the time T7 died, so it was fairly easy too even without cooldowns.

Attempted half a dozen times at one level under him. Twice I had him at one pixel on his health meter, but there's some weird immunity thing that happens with certain MOBS when they get super low on health.

Came back to him at level, died once. Had CoFed already, but said f*k it, and went after him again even without that CD. Got him down to that stupid pixel again, and he wasn't going dying. I watched as my health slowly drained away...then I popped Enure, and Angral suddenly dies just like that. Then I took on Kira without any help.

I think some of these bosses are buggy as hell. Valis and Angral to name two. I can take other gold elites at level or up to +2lvl, but these two felt like they just weren't working properly.

35 Sent Combat spec 7 tries...

Though it likely would have only taken me once. I was just getting shredded. And then I read through the info on Call on the Force and realized the way I was using it was a little off. I was waiting to pop it after Saber Ward wore off instead of at the beginning of the fight.

When I corrected this I finished him off with 60% health left.

/facepalm :D

I think I was a 30 Sentinel, I do remember being a level lower than Angral, and it took me :mad: 12 times.

41 now and have been having a lot of trouble with elites and even strongs... mainly because I realized I was not using interupts hardly at all and apparently I royaly messed up my build and epuipment specs.

:eek: So the miraculous thing is that I was able to beat Angral when I was one level lower than him, with a horrible build, and pathetic equipment.

I think I'm going to delete and rebuild this Sentinel from scratch... yes he seems that maessed up to me. :p

I beat him at level 32 first time. I thought the droids in the reactor room and the other high level guy just before him were harder than he was. One thing I've learned since then is to have all my interupts on hot key. This would have made it even easier as I only had force kick on hot key when I did it. Edited by coille

Got him to a sliver of HP on 32 so I got my Sentinel to 33 (had one bar to go for it) and beat him with no troubles at all.

My only objection to the fight is that we were forced to take Kira with us :<, I hadn't even used her since Coruscant and the only gear I gave her is the random Willpower drops that I've found questing T_T.

As a DPS I kind of needed a tank with me lol.

Ahhhhh, this guy is kicking my arse!

I'm level 33 and I've tried I don't know how many times (in the teens). I know I have to interrupt his attacks but dammit he still kills me every time!

EDIT: Sods law, as soon as I post this message I kill him 30 seconds later =P

Edited by Micro_Chip

6 times.

I have to admit, it was this fight that finally got me to really play the class properly and to set up my buttons properly.

You can get through this game without playing your class properly all the time.

Here is what I learned: this encounter requires you to really do your interrupts properly. Now, at this level we have Kick, Stasis, Force Push and Hilt Strike (I believe I have the names right, I'm not at my PC where the game is installed). In any event, there are 4.

During this fight, I got killed over and over. Clearly the problem was that I was not interrupting all of his powers. The reason for that is I had all my interrupt skills all over my button bar. So, after dying for the 5th time, I rearranged my button bar and put all my interrupt skills in a row on the upper right of my bar, with Kick first, then Stasis, push, etc. That way it was always easy to see what was on cool down and what wasnt. And I focused on keeping my Focus up so that i could always activate any interrupt whenever he started to use a power on a timer.

Once you do that, you can make it so that you are always able to interrupt his powers. If you do that, you will win this fight.

I'm glad it was an encounter like this that made me finally get my act together and break out of my lazy play.

The 6th time, I killed him easily. In fact, once you play it properly it is surprising how easy it is. I was, frankly, embarassed I had been doing such a bad job.

So if you are struggling, make sure you identify all your interrupt skills (and my recollection is that the skill text does not always properly identify the skill as providing an interrupt), then put them all next to each other on your button bar. I prefer Kick first since it is your primary one.

That might help.

12times. level 33. I needed a medic to check my heart-rate after I finally got him down, though.

Same here I'm a lvl 34 Jedi Guardian. I can't beat Angral. I've used force kick when uses his specials and I still died. I have died over a dozen times. Even my companion dies before me or after. So I'm getting a whole bunch of medpacks and stims with the creds. But you still die. Because his foot army tears you up. So your weak.

Side note: The makers of the game need to make the bosses easier. After all some of us are first timers. When I use to play games. I set the game to easy then medium. If I can handle hard. Then I'll do hard. But they got it. To where the higher level we are the harder it is. Thats like go play with pro's. When you should playing with the little leaguers.

6 times.

I have to admit, it was this fight that finally got me to really play the class properly and to set up my buttons properly.

Here is what I learned: this encounter requires you to really do your interrupts properly. Now, at this level we have Kick, Stasis, Force Push and Hilt Strike (I believe I have the names right, I'm not at my PC where the game is installed). In any event, there are 4.

During this fight, I got killed over and over. Clearly the problem was that I was not interrupting all of his powers. The reason for that is I had all my interrupt skills all over my button bar. So, after dying for the 5th time, I rearranged my button bar and put all my interrupt skills in a row on the upper right of my bar, with Kick first, then Stasis, push, etc. That way it was always easy to see what was on cool down and what wasnt. And I focused on keeping my Focus up so that i could always activate any interrupt whenever he started to use a power on a timer.

Once you do that, you can make it so that you are always able to interrupt his powers. If you do that, you will win this fight.

I'm glad it was an encounter like this that made me finally get my act together and break out of my lazy play.

The 6th time, I killed him easily. In fact, once you play it properly it is surprising how easy it is. I was, frankly, embarassed I had been doing such a bad job.

So if you are struggling, make sure you identify all your interrupt skills (and my recollection is that the skill text does not always properly identify the skill as providing an interrupt), then put them all next to each other on your button bar. I prefer Kick first since it is your primary one.

That might help.[/QUOT

You're suggest didn't work. I died again. This my 50th time of dying.

6 times.

That might help.[/QUOT

You're suggest didn't work. I died again. This my 50th time of dying.

This doesn't help.I keep on dying. Will the makers just let me beat him. By giving me a cheat code or something. With I was playing Kotor 1 and 2. The game let me by when I got the bosses down to a nub.