It's time for server merge

Candleper

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also agree OP.

Since cross-server will NEVER happen, we need ANOTHER server merge or else the server populations will stagnate (maybe). They will also eventually decline even more.

We need ANOTHER server merge if PvP is to be at a healthy population level

Lost a lot of names during the last merger, and it took forever to find some decent ones. Perhaps not something most people care about, but I will most likely abandon ship if I lost my current names. And no, I do not want the name Lündórff instead of Lundorff. Call me a name purist.

Agree 100% its time to merge the servers. I'm tired of fighting the same people every single match. It would help regs and might add some life back into rated since the population is so tiny and exploiting is exceedingly easy. Its better if they do this now rather than later. It's a no brainer. May not get your exact name? that's a shame I'll pray for you OCD sufferer. Plus I probably have the best name this game has to offer, I'm sure I can come up with an alternative if needed. Edited by HaLeX

1 PvE

1 RP

1 PvP

#Winning Bioware.

I wouldn't even go that far - just make ONE server that supports it all. PvPers can flag/unflag for PvP, but give it a weeks waiting time before flagging off.

Never going to happen, as they can make you pay for it via Character Transfer!

You might not be able to transfer to servers in the other region but as laggy as this game is, it doesn't make sense to merge European and US servers anyways.

In addition look at the last server merge. They didn't lift a finger until we had to make appointments with the other fraction in order to open regular warzones. Since we are not even close to that point they won't be giving up the potential revenue from those fee-based Character Transfers.

Definitely could use it.. with no cross server the only defense against slow pops and inbred populations is more people on the one server. And they're becoming gaunt again. I know people that used to play but won't re-sub because their characters are all on small servers and they don't want to fork out 1800 coins or whatever it is for each transfer. Edited by ausmisc

Definitely could use it.. with no cross server the only defense against slow pops and inbred populations is more people on the one server. And they're becoming gaunt again. I know people that used to play but won't re-sub because their characters are all on small servers and they don't want to fork out 1800 coins or whatever it is for each transfer.

Pot5 is at the point that if you don't transfer to a different server, then make a character on a different server.

With regard to EA losing transfer revenue. I think this ship has sailed. The main problem with this argument is there is really no where to transfer to any longer. If this game can't offer a server that actually has a healthy population, its no wonder people are looking at different games.

1.Merge

2. Cross Server

3. Make it so we can que rated and regs simultaneously.

4. Allow F2p access to more WZ's, perhaps 15-20 per week free for starters.

Not going to happen, people have paid for character transfers and the like because they wanted to free up room on other servers. The best thing you can hope for is cross server matchmaking. I always see all servers at standard capacity or even high sometimes.

Not going to happen, people have paid for character transfers and the like because they wanted to free up room on other servers. The best thing you can hope for is cross server matchmaking. I always see all servers at standard capacity or even high sometimes.

It is far more likely to happen than the cross server matchmaking you are suggesting. We all know full and good that that will not be happening.

Forced mergers will come, but probably too late like the first batch were, BW have a tremendous habit of trying to close the door after the horse has bolted, rather than take early measures to maintain what player base is left.

My guess is that they are relaying on Strongholds to tempt people to stay until the end of summer, then they will announce the new level cap and expansion, whether that comes soon enough, who knows, but some people will hang on in the hope it is the answer to their Star Wars dreams.

Unfortunately I have no doubt that most of what will come will be CM based with very little real content beyond a Makeb size planet, which lets face it, can be done in a days gaming easily. And there will absolutely be no cross server queue and probably nothing pvp related at all, unless Musco got it all wrong.

Once the diehards start to drift away after the expansion, they will think about merging servers.

Which then will lead to another issue. We do not have the numbers of servers we had during the initial mergers, so how can it be done now? Personally for me, they scrap the language issues for the European market and merge French, German and English servers appropriately. This will not really help pvp on the pvp servers, since most serious euro pvp takes places on ToFN regardless of nationality.

But, I honestly believe that 12 months down the line, you will still be waiting for the merges, it will take them time to decide what to do, unless they are pondering it now, but I doubt that given their track record of judging their play base.

Don't worry though, you will be getting re-skins of Conqueror gear in cartel packs for those who missed them.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen