Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+)

Camelpockets

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDM

Feylith - G-X1 Firehauler - <Without Remorse> - 129,442 Damage Link

Can't name a specific ship if you've flown more than one. Need the details page to show what the Firehauler got vs. the Sledge.

That being said, Camel, can you list "Various" if you have a non-ship specific record (i.e. Overall record)? Why not, right?

Can't name a specific ship if you've flown more than one. Need the details page to show what the Firehauler got vs. the Sledge.

That being said, Camel, can you list "Various" if you have a non-ship specific record (i.e. Overall record)? Why not, right?

His chat tab shows he only flew the Sledgehammer and Firehauler. Both are Bombers, which are as granular as the records get.

Edited by Nemarus

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Domination - Total Kills and Assists - 39

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Domination - Total Kills - 23

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Domination - Solo Kills - 4

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Domination - Assists - 16

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Gunship - Domination - Kills and Assists -39 Kills and Assists

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Gunship - Domination - DPS - 125.9

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Gunship - Domination - Total Damage - 93041

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Gunship - Domination - Solo Kills - 4

A'jak - Quarrel - The Ebon Hawk - Gunship - Domination - Medals - 10

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Purrversion/Screenshot_2014-06-25_16_31_07_952442_zpsf00fa303.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Purrversion/Screenshot_2014-06-25_16_32_36_675517_zps373808c7.jpg

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Purrversion/media/Screenshot_2014-06-25_16_30_48_625336_zpse5a43fe1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Purrversion/Screenshot_2014-06-25_16_31_33_905926_zps5119486c.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Purrversion/Screenshot_2014-06-25_16_31_17_853008_zps1109fd6b.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Purrversion/Screenshot_2014-06-25_16_31_23_126310_zps6ad2d2dd.jpg

Something like this correct?:

Camel - Ship flown: Various - Guild - Server - Record

Done updating for today.

Note: There were multiple records that did not make it onto the ship records tab. Please check the rules to see the requirements for adding records to the Records by Ship Type (Rule #2)

Unless there is a way to pull it up from a match history or something, I'm not going to be able to show the exact damages. I've unfortunately played exactly 2 matches on my sledge, so I can't pull the numbers from there either.

For scout deathmatch:

Xi'ao - Sting - Starhawk Conglomerate - The Shadowlands - 29 kills+assists

Xi'ao - Sting - Starhawk Conglomerate - The Shadowlands - 153.31 dps

Xi'ao - Sting - Starhawk Conglomerate - The Shadowlands - 83608 damage

Scout domination:

Xi'ao - Sting - Starhawk Conglomerate - The Shadowlands - 8 solo kills

Xi'ao - Sting - Starhawk Conglomerate - The Shadowlands - 126 objective points

Edited by Fractalsponge

Came up with some questions.

If I use a Spearpoint and a Flashfire in the same game, can I submit that record to the scout category?

If I join a match that's almost over can I still submit records for it? Especially DPS could be very high in some cases.

Now image the following situation. I attack a satellite with a scout, kill some people there, then kill myself and start defending that satellite with a bomber for the rest of the match.

Now deriving from that situation the following questions (numbers made up):

I make 700 objective points in that match, 600 thereof with the bomber. Can I submit a 700 points record for the overall category and another 600 point record for bomber category? (I'm not entirely sure if that shows in the statistics tab, I assume it does.)

While killing the people attacking the satellite I made 200 DPS with the scout (Using statistics tab makes it possible to calculate). Can I submit that for the scout category or do I have to play a scout the whole time to submit a scout category record?

If I use a Spearpoint and a Flashfire in the same game, can I submit that record to the scout category?

If I join a match that's almost over can I still submit records for it? Especially DPS could be very high in some cases.

Now image the following situation. I attack a satellite with a scout, kill some people there, then kill myself and start defending that satellite with a bomber for the rest of the match.

I make 700 objective points in that match, 600 thereof with the bomber. Can I submit a 700 points record for the overall category and another 600 point record for bomber category? (I'm not entirely sure if that shows in the statistics tab, I assume it does.)

While killing the people attacking the satellite I made 200 DPS with the scout (Using statistics tab makes it possible to calculate). Can I submit that for the scout category or do I have to play a scout the whole time to submit a scout category record?

I think you may be missing the spirit of this thread. This isn't some Grand Eternal Leaderboard of Destiny. It's just a carrot... A goal to motivate experienced pilots who may have already maxed out their ships. And it will all reset with the next major patch affecting GSF.

Besides, the differences in server makeup, competition, team competence, and DO luck all play such a huge factor in the course of an individual match that you really can't hang too much ego on any single performance. Consistent quality play and improvement over time should be the focus--those, combined with the stars aligning, might produce a record to post.

If you're having to think through all these contrived scenarios in order to find a way to post a record, then you're taking it too seriously, in my opinion. Fly multiple ships? See how you stack up against general records. Fly a single ship or single type of ship? See how you compare to that ship's records.

Camel already had to do enough work without having to play rules lawyer for a bunch of edge cases, especially since this thread is just for fun.

I'm well aware of most games being posted here are lucky games, because no matter how skilled you are, you can't achieve some of these records only by skill. Also I don't need to find a weird scenario just to post a record here. However this doesn't stop me from thinking about it and asking. Maybe there are unwritten rules (something like "you're not allowed to split a single match into pieces for different records") or maybe it's just decided "on demand".

Thanks for adding that missing L in my records Camelpockets.

Scout Domination

Lafaye - Flashfire - Crystal Force - T3-M4 - 101,59 DPS

Scout Deathmatch

Evanaya - S-13 Sting - Cyanes Schatten - T3-M4 - 96.28 DPS

(remove Evenaya)

Evanaya - S-13 Sting - Cyanes Schatten - T3-M4 - 68,454 Damage

(remove Evenaya)

Edited by Danalon

Unless there is a way to pull it up from a match history or something, I'm not going to be able to show the exact damages. I've unfortunately played exactly 2 matches on my sledge, so I can't pull the numbers from there either.

It's a pain in the arse, but you must hit the Performance tab, then select your ship that you're submitting the record for to get specific ship breakdowns... then screenshot... each one... all before the match kicks you. AND pain because you now have 20 bazillion screenshots. But, meh, it's as good as it gets until an "official" feature is added like ground PvP leaderboards.

This is how I understand things...

No, because you aren't specifying a single scout type. Scout records are bound by ship.

Yes, you can, but good point on DPS. I suppose it's the luck of the draw. I don't think there's a way to tell that you joined mid-match therefore there's no way to prevent people from doing this.

Yes on the overall.

No on the bomber category - UNLESS you screenshot the Bomber Performance tab selecting that specific ship and STILL have a record.

You can submit, but only with the performance tab screenshot that shows the scout's specific DPS/damage.

Also, I do agree, you're missing the point. If you want to absolutely PWN this leaderboard then you do what you can to circumvent the "spirit" of the thread and still follow the rules and own every category. OR... you fight a match without the intention to circumvent the rules (i.e. the records are NOT what you're fighting for) and show your records as they pop up - keeping in line with the spirit of the thread.

If you think, "hey that was a good match and I did pretty good... did I break any records?" then you're probably in spirit with this thread. If you think before the match has started, "I'm gonna go for the medals record this match" then you're not in the spirit of this thread.

It's hard to even try to game the records. Objective points is maybe the only one one where you can go out and say "I'm going to deliberately have a go at the top records" - and even then, if your team is too good, you won't get it, because the game won't last long enough. Almost everything else falls out through just playing well normally, which is, as people have said, the spirit of the thread.

It seems like I made an impression I didn't want to make. In no way I want to circumvent the rules just for the sake of getting any record placed. I just want to know specific rules in case I partake in a game that isn't ordinary. Please don't misinterprete my curiosity.

All my records except one were made in games I had the feeling I've earned them. It may be that I submit additional records (even if not exceptional) because they're on the same screenshot than some other record (58k damage on a screen of a 21 kill streak for example). Other records may not seem as good to you as they feel for me. My DPS is very low most of the time, I rarely make it even close to 100, therefore I submit them.

The only exception are the 442 Objective Points in a game I was limited in options (unable to attack because defense too strong; unable to get kills because of own team being in farm mode) and I decided to farm some requisition by camping a satellite. That may have been a weak moment.

(Edited this post a couple times, hope it didn't confuse too much. It's difficult to say what I mean in a foreign language.)

Edited by Danalon

No, because you aren't specifying a single scout type. Scout records are bound by ship

You can. In the previous thread I asked the permission for submitting an hybrid Starguard/Clarion record for Strike records.

The only condition is that you have to provide Performance tab of both to verify everything adds correctly.

You can. In the previous thread I asked the permission for submitting an hybrid Starguard/Clarion record for Strike records.

The only condition is that you have to provide Performance tab of both to verify everything adds correctly.

Fair enough... I stand corrected.

Sorry I missed the debate. Didn't check yesterday :D

Here's my input:

Yes, as long as there's evidence that you flew only scouts.

I never did think about this one, but I'm going to say no.

Yes. This is perfectly fine, as long as the bomber performance tab is shown.

No. In order to qualify for DPS boards (in my eyes) you need to be flying a single ship for a large majority of the match.

Overall, I think Nem summed it up pretty well, I'll just reinforce what he said.A small part of any records thread is about showing off how good you are. That much I'll admit. (Just be a dick about it and I'll hate you for eternity.) The large part of this is about having a good friendly competition, and trying the find the limitations of the ships we fly. We all fly for two reasons: To have fun, and to get better. This board resembles both. Here we show what people are capable are doing with the ships they fly. If they do well, then others take notice, and some may even start asking questions: What components did you use? Why do you use this component over that? etc. Once people start learning, they too will start posting records of their own. Then Boom: Competition. And some competition, if we don't take it too seriously, can be enjoyable.

If we begin to add records such as Damage dealt in a minute of combat, what will that prove? The pilot have burst DPS? Well sure that comes in handy in playing the game, but people will be curious: How well can he survive in the ship? How well can he do when he has 3 or more people on his tail? This would be a poor representation of this person's capabilities. If the record is high enough, then it becomes unfair. This pilot would be holding a slot that someone else probably deserved. (This is a large majority of the GSF community became so frustrated about farming the Capital Ship Turrets on Domination.)

To make it short: Play the game like it's created to be, and having fun doing so. Then post records if you do well. :D

Danalon: I'm glad you asked those questions because I'm sure that there's someone who had similar ones. Now if you did actually post records such as the DPS ones, I would lose a little respect for you.

Note: Don't pay any attention to awkward grammar. I'm not a writer :)