Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+)

Camelpockets

Oh man, haven't played in almost a year and looks like still no one has beat my Gunship records in Domination! They didn't even have Deathmatch back then! I wonder who is still flying on Pot5. So much has changed in GSF, I'll have to set some new records.

-Shock

Edited by Tentou

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, haven't played in almost a year and looks like still no one has beat my Gunship records in Domination! They didn't even have Deathmatch back then! I wonder who is still flying on Pot5. So much has changed in GSF, I'll have to set some new records.

-Shock

Your record during 1 click no charge ion tap days? Ya, Mae'thon tried to show it off one time. No one will ever beat a broken record :D Ahh pre 2.6 days

Your record during 1 click no charge ion tap days? Ya, Mae'thon tried to show it off one time. No one will ever beat a broken record :D Ahh pre 2.6 days

The good ol' days.

Edited by Tentou

I'm back, and finished editing.

Thanks for your honesty... but no.

No explanation? Despon gets 7 kills, 1 assist after being in the entire match and gets it, but I don't? Even when I pop in and am the only one who can muster ANY kills (CLEAN and unassisted) let alone ALL of them (even if there were only 3 - it is what it is)? I kinda understand this considering I wasn't in the whole match, but I'm not sure how that can actually be relevant so I'm really curious as to what your reasoning is for excluding it.

Edited by Cekis

No explanation? Despon gets 7 kills, 1 assist after being in the entire match and gets it, but I don't? Even when I pop in and am the only one who can muster ANY kills (CLEAN and unassisted) let alone ALL of them (even if there were only 3 - it is what it is)? I kinda understand this considering I wasn't in the whole match, but I'm not sure how that can actually be relevant so I'm really curious as to what your reasoning is for excluding it.

Sorry for not explaining my reasoning earlier :o

The reason why is because if you did join at 30-0, that match is already half over. I believe we had a discussion similar to this on the 2.8 leaderboards, but regarding DPS. The whole point of a Records board is to see how well some of the greatest players can do in the best or worst of situations. If we start to post records like that, then this board will lose the little "spirit" it has left. Despon said he joined when the game began, and that is what he could do in a full match. He did his best (not saying you didn't try your best) during a full-length match, and I'd say that's worth a little bit more than joining a match that's already half over, and posting a record to brag about it.

Edit: Thought about it a little bit more, and I think it would be better if we set a minimum K+A to this specific record, perhaps to about 10 or 12? This would remove Despon's record (at least you still have 1st here :p)

The reason for the change is my argument above and this little note: percentage isn't always everything.

P.S.: Don't mind the bad grammar. I'm typing this in between ops pulls.

Edited by Camelpockets

Sorry for not explaining my reasoning earlier :o

The reason why is because if you did join at 30-0, that match is already half over. I believe we had a discussion similar to this on the 2.8 leaderboards, but regarding DPS. The whole point of a Records board is to see how well some of the greatest players can do in the best or worst of situations. If we start to post records like that, then this board will lose the little "spirit" it has left. Despon said he joined when the game began, and that is what he could do in a full match. He did his best (not saying you didn't try your best) during a full-length match, and I'd say that's worth a little bit more than joining a match that's already half over, and posting a record to brag about it.

Edit: Thought about it a little bit more, and I think it would be better if we set a minimum K+A to this specific record, perhaps to about 10 or 12? This would remove Despon's record (at least you still have 1st here :p)

The reason for the change is my argument above and this little note: percentage isn't always everything.

P.S.: Don't mind the bad grammar. I'm typing this in between ops pulls.

Thanks for the explanation... I was asking mostly from a curiosity standpoint rather than a protesting one. As I originally called out in the thread - we don't have to use it. But... as you're suggesting, we do need some sort of guideline on that record... anything that you can jump into the middle of the match and have it boost your stats (i.e. DPS) should be subjective...

HOWEVER... the problem comes in the way of how do you prove you were in the whole match or not? Do we yet need another screeny?? I think the 10 kill minimum is good... that kind of solves those issues. That being said, I'm not trying to take anything from Despon either, but for those that go 97%, they should be commended over somebody that scrapes just a few kills.

I certainly don't intend to create any controversy, so whatever way you want to call it is fine. Though I didn't explicitly show proof of being in that whole awful turkey shoot, I'd be pretty impressed with myself if I could dish out 43k damage against that team in less than a full match. I really don't recommend that anyone go gunning for the King Of Horrible Matches title, though. There is little fun to be had in such an endeavor. It was just nice to scrape some tiny mote of satisfaction out of it.

- Despon

It's been two weeks since I've flown, does it say anywhere how long the matches last? If there is, then we can add in a rule for time-dependent records that requires one to fly at least 80% (just making up a number) of the matches full duration, which would require a performance tab.

Going to answer my question with a record :p

Leduhleduhle - Star Guard - The Harbinger - 187.93 DPS

And this answers my own question: http://i.imgur.com/9kYjCyY.jpg

Edited by Camelpockets

It's been two weeks since I've flown, does it say anywhere how long the matches last? If there is, then we can add in a rule for time-dependent records that requires one to fly at least 80% (just making up a number) of the matches full duration, which would require a performance tab.

It's hard to say if someone joined a game late just by a screenshot from the scoreboard. The main problem with "end by timer or opposing team to 50 - percentage of your kills in relation to total kills by your team" is that the criteria for this record are allowing too much difference in how that record is achieved.

First of all "end by timer" and "opposing team to 50" are very very different games. "opposing team to 50" means that your team definitely lost while "end by timer" means a long lasting match of two teams of more or less equal overall quality.

Second, the records are listed by relative amount of kills and I'm not sure if that's better or worse than listing them by total amount.

Nothing shows the difference between "opposing team to 50" and "end by timer" more clearly than the current 1st and 2nd records in that category.

1. Despon - Sting - The Ebon Hawk - 8/8 Kills & Assists (100%)

2. Xi'ao - Mangler - Starhawk Conglomerate - The Shadowlands - 39/42 Kills & Assists (92.9%)

My proposal is splitting up that record into different ones either by making "end by timer" and "opposing team to 50" different categories or by keeping it as one category but making a "percentual amount of kills & assists" and a "total amount of kills & assists" subcategories.

I'll give that some more thought because I'm not sure this would be a good solution.

It's hard to say if someone joined a game late just by a screenshot from the scoreboard. The main problem with "end by timer or opposing team to 50 - percentage of your kills in relation to total kills by your team" is that the criteria for this record are allowing too much difference in how that record is achieved.

First of all "end by timer" and "opposing team to 50" are very very different games. "opposing team to 50" means that your team definitely lost while "end by timer" means a long lasting match of two teams of more or less equal overall quality.

Second, the records are listed by relative amount of kills and I'm not sure if that's better or worse than listing them by total amount.

Nothing shows the difference between "opposing team to 50" and "end by timer" more clearly than the current 1st and 2nd records in that category.

1. Despon - Sting - The Ebon Hawk - 8/8 Kills & Assists (100%)

2. Xi'ao - Mangler - Starhawk Conglomerate - The Shadowlands - 39/42 Kills & Assists (92.9%)

My proposal is splitting up that record into different ones either by making "end by timer" and "opposing team to 50" different categories or by keeping it as one category but making a "percentual amount of kills & assists" and a "total amount of kills & assists" subcategories.

I'll give that some more thought because I'm not sure this would be a good solution.

I do like what your saying, but my only problem with that is we don't have a ton of people posting records here in the first place, much less for this specific category. If more people posted here, sure, I'd do it. But for the amount of people that commonly post here, we'd just be adding more blank spaces.

Scout Dom:

Klehitt - Flashfire - Don't Worry Bout It - Begeren Colony - 21 Kill Streak

Klehitt - Flashfire - Don't Worry Bout It - Begeren Colony - 12 Solo Kills

Klehitt - Flashfire - Don't Worry Bout It - Begeren Colony - 150.67 DPS

Klehitt - Flashfire - Don't Worry Bout It - Begeren Colony - 30 Kills & Assists

Perf Tab: http://i.imgur.com/ON1KZaO.jpg

@Klehitt - that match you just posted was a rough one. Hard to deal with both you and Sirrelius !

Gunship Deathmatch:

Despon - Mangler - Bergeren Colony - 37 Kills + Assists

True enough, but you, Kyle and Ann graped me and the rest of the two shippers after that match lol. I think I got about 3 kills when you weren't on me, but the rest of the time I just let you chase me, though sometimes it was into a wall or minefield :p

That's still a #2 slot... do it!

Okay, I took a bit of time, but here it comes. Funny fact, if I didn't took a focus of Proton Torpedoes, I'd probably have the same kill streak, for the same K+A than you (my 26th kill -and only one out of the streak- was the 50th point)

TDM - General and Bomber (Perf tab)

Myrrhia - Warcarrier - ReLaX - Darth Nihilus - 39 Kills + Assists

Myrrhia - Warcarrier - ReLaX - Darth Nihilus - 25 Kills Streak

Myrrhia - Warcarrier - ReLaX - Darth Nihilus - 127 335 Damage

And while we're at it :

Domination - General and Strike

Kareff - Quell FT-2 - FuRaX - Darth Nihilus - 22 Kills

Kareff - Quell FT-2 - FuRaX - Darth Nihilus - 22 Kills Streak

Kareff - Quell FT-2 - FuRaX - Darth Nihilus - 28 Kills + Assists (Strike only)

Edited by Altheran

These are all on my soloq only alt, but if you could just put them under Drakolich that would be awesome.

Drakolich-Sting-Obsidian Squadron-The Bastion DPS 127.85

Drakolich-Sting-Obsidian Squadron-The Bastion 94862

Damage

Drakolich-Mangler-Obsidian Squadron-The Bastion Dps 148.61

Drakolich-Mangler-Obsidian Squadron-The Bastion 119337

Damage

Drakolich-Mangler-Obsidian Squadron-The Bastion Kill Streak 33

Drakolich-Mangler-Obsidian Squadron-The Bastion Solo Kills 15

Drakolich-Mangler-Obsidian Squadron-The Bastion Kills & Assists 41

Drakolich-Mangler-Obsidian Squadron-The Bastion Total Kills 33

Alright I think that's everything this is the first time I do this so if I screwed something up let me know.