Dread Palace (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your refering to my vangurd sitting at 2.8k at the end of the fight you might notice as soon as phase 2 is over I'm just stood in ion cell until last burn tauning bestia while slingers are tripple dotting everything..of course looking at stance buffs on the raid frames must be too hard to you.

Personally I dont care if im top on the overal dmg at the end as I know I can pull 4.4k single target when ever its needed.

Other 2.8k concealment raptus kiter no explenation needed

Other 2.8k vanguard that is kiting caly in ion while tank grabs caly's crystal

Watching video and figuring out what ppl are doing to much effort ?

From a 13 second video yes it is. You have slingers and a pt and chose a operative to kite? Second part makes no sense you don't grab said crystal until phase three?

You gents are stiil missing my point though

Then plz give link of any 16man kill vid with tanks swaps and no off taunt where healers just simply healing through the occasional 35k blasts that can happen when tyrans decides to pull a tank in the middle of a swap.

Not sure why you're pretending that doesn't happen in 8man.

Edited by AlphaBurjo

http://gyazo.com/7c9c6bf28ec4e81898b946114551fcb3

Here's more of that 8 man t-ball mode. A healer respecs to Pyro, does literally 440k damage in phase 2, and they fail DPS check. MMM look at that sweet parsec. #kiterunder2keverypullinphase1 #nobodynear3k #tballmode

16 man is harder, sure, but you're not clearin' 16 man when you're pulling from that talent pool.

And I wouldn't have said a damn thing if it weren't for that t-ball mode comment.

#16manprogression

Man, are you like stalking us or something? If so, at least do a better job of it and have some kind of decent idea of what's going on because right now you're clueless. You neglect to mention some pretty important things like the fact that we failed the DPS check one time on the first pull and had no issue beating it any other one. Also, the fact that the Commando doing the respec did it for literally the first time and we brought in 2 different people on that run compared to previous weeks as we have been doing each week to get people their titles so people have to adjust. But hey, you'd prefer not to let the facts get in the way of your story.

As for DPS in general, let me help you understand something that any good player in the game already knows. When your DPS has little significance (aka phase 1 of the Council fight), your focus as a player should be on prioritizing the most important elements of the fight. In phase 1, that is survivability and control of the Dread Masters. Not DPS. There are actually a relatively small number of fights and/or phases where DPS really matters and that's when you go ham. Killing stuff faster is nice and all and does help the team, but it pales in importance to survivability and control. Ideally, you maximize DPS, minimize damage, and perform all mechanics flawlessly, but any time there's a choice, you take the one that optimizes your team's chance at winning.

We waited a good deal of time to get people prepared for phase 2 so we could push in a controlled manner and all our DPS have no issue doing so because they are smart enough to understand the correct priorities for each phase. I got no problems doing absolutely zero DPS for however long it takes in phase 1 if it gives the team a better chance at beating the fight. The fact that you brought up phase 1 DPS and think it matters to any significant extent in phase 1 of Council is a sign you have a long way to go as a player. Unfortunately, this narrow-minded mentality of so many 8 man players (though not all of course) just shows how 8 man is just significantly easier in general than 16 man. The lack of coordination, lack of the right priorities, and lack of teamwork involved just encourages players who think big numbers are the most important aspect of the game.

As for DPS in general, I will do a better or equal job than any 8 man player in the game. I was pumping out 3.7k - 4.1k on average in Saboteur even in the first few weeks of 16 man Bestia coming out. That's with zero help from the tanks (nothing against a wall). Even in Sharpshooter, I was doing 2800 DPS (on average again) on 8 man NiM Dread Guard in TFB before any nerfs and almost beat the fight even though they were off-nights for our guild that we did for fun because we didn't have 16 on at the time. It certainly wasn't our focus at the time. This was while Death and Taxes was too busy whining about the fight being overtuned, disrespecting players from other guilds who thought it could be done (some of them did to prove them wrong as well), and ultimately skipping the only difficult boss in the entire operation because they lacked the necessary skill. I'm sure you'll say you weren't around at the time, but if you want to ****-talk guilds, you should remember your own guild's history.

The funny thing is, doing top tier DPS when it counts is not what I'm most proud of at all because I understand what's important. What I'm most proud of as a teammate is mitigating as much damage as humanly possible (one of the main reasons I play Sharpshooter so much), calling stuff out for the team during fights, taking responsibility for doing any special mechanics as a DPS on any fight I can, and then doing good DPS. I will happily sacrifice being the top DPS on any fight to do any of the above as they are all more important than my damage. Sure, it's fun to throw out big numbers, but someone has to do the mechanics and I can still put out relatively good DPS for all the extra stuff I do.

On those fights I listed, I avoided all possible damage and that was pretty tough especially on Bestia. I had to move into melee range to roll, move out to avoid Pulverize, be careful with my positioning so I don't take any extra Expectorate damage from the Larva (very important in 16 man when it does 16-18k damage per hit), grab adds, and so on. It's too bad that these aspects of the game aren't "sexy" enough for most people to care about them, but anyone who wants to do the best they can for their team would do well to focus on them instead of fluffing their numbers.

Again, why do we even have this discussion?

Its 8man progression thread, leave it to 8 man guilds

Trying to argue over which mode is more difficult is like discussing if dogs are better than cats. Obviously each side will pick their own. Could you not just chill and enjoy this beatiful game. This was primary a "post a kill and wait for congratz" threath, leave it as it was, dont bring any petty conflicts in here

After all, this is Interrnet, anyone really thinks he can prove his point? And if so, for what reason

Again, why do we even have this discussion?

Its 8man progression thread, leave it to 8 man guilds

Trying to argue over which mode is more difficult is like discussing if dogs are better than cats. Obviously each side will pick their own. Could you not just chill and enjoy this beatiful game. This was primary a "post a kill and wait for congratz" threath, leave it as it was, dont bring any petty conflicts in here

After all, this is Interrnet, anyone really thinks he can prove his point? And if so, for what reason

Bro loki let his dog poop on my lawn and he didn't pick it up with a doggy bag. In murica thats rude

Re: how fast the burst happens in 16m (gunslinger takes more than 85% hp in a gcd, nothing buffed)

http://www.twitch.tv/m_o_s_e_s/c/4662980

Only slightly relevant, but I can't get enough of watching mung get pooped on.

You don't bring 5 healers because the outgoing dtps is too high in general, you do it so you can top people off super fast to keep people from getting burst down like that. I wouldn't expect people who have never done the fight to realize that because it's not something you see just from watching kill vids.

Edited by namesaretough

Now let me add some fuel to the fire:

can you pull 4700 dps on phase 2 start to finish? I can goml I sorc harder than you can do your own class gg i'll edit in the proof later when i have time.

According to your own uploaded Nightmare Council log:

http://www.torparse.com/a/741890/15

You did 3883 DPS during Phase 2 (588803 total damage within 151,67 seconds) from start to finish, which is not very good considering that I (a rather average sniper) can pull 4,3k on a class with 10% less single target dps during that whole phase.

I wonder how you increased your dps by 25% from one council kill to another.

4.7 is a joke , i was at 5.2 with my VG , i even did 204k on my guardian tank so gg ty , lvlup before you say something to me , if you want the log of my guardian i can find it \o/

On the NGE kill Video a guy named Lancard did 3367 DPS during the whole Phase 2 (491593 damage within 146 seconds) which is not very good aswell. I am interested to see how 3367 = 5,2k in your world.

....As for DPS in general, I will do a better or equal job than any 8 man player in the game. I was pumping out 3.7k - 4.1k on average in Saboteur even in the first few weeks of 16 man Bestia coming out. .....

TBH i would consider 3,7k-4,1k rather not so good for Saboteur in the 16m Bestia fight. Even with only Fragmentation Spam you can easily net insane numbers because of all the little adds having too much health in 16m and AoE padding.

I am not sure how you approached this fight in 16m, but when we did that fight in 16m there was just this mass of little adds with too much hp, which we stacked together and were you could pad insane AoE Numbers.

I did close to 3,8k in hybrid (with no scatter bombs) in 8 man were Larvas have 60k instead of 200k+ hp and I (again) would call myself rather average.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

Re: how fast the burst happens in 16m (gunslinger takes more than 85% hp in a gcd, nothing buffed)

http://www.twitch.tv/m_o_s_e_s/c/4662980

Only slightly relevant, but I can't get enough of watching mung get pooped on.

You don't bring 5 healers because the outgoing dtps is too high in general, you do it so you can top people off super fast to keep people from getting burst down like that. I wouldn't expect people who have never done the fight to realize that because it's not something you see just from watching kill vids.

I guess 10 energy is more important than Ballistic Dampers, in Baird's case anyway. Kinda hard to back up "there is to much burst" when you don't pick up defensive talents.

I understand your point though, if it was a Sage they would be just as wrecked. Although what I want to know is why Baird only went to 70% after TB and Smash, yet Mung gets insta gibbed from 85% with just an extra ~10k dmg from Shock. The wonders of this ****** fight.

Edited by AlphaBurjo

And yet according to sources Zahik you still have not learned that sitting behind melee dps and planting reaches behind them that go straight across them is not the best thing to do ..just saying .. nobodies perfect Edited by Loki_

re: mung death. The salvation is placed incorrectly in the video as well, if between the two groups he would have a few k more hp and survive.

Or if any of them had the sense to drop to 105 energy and put 1 pt in ballistic dampers ...

I know, it's amazing we managed to get all those kills with how bad we were

edit: of course there were mistakes. someone died. when there aren't mistakes people don't die. way to miss the point of linking the video, laughing at mung. fyi the real reason he died was because something screwed up on the pull and our healer for that group was focusing on the kiter instead of topping off the group he was responsible for.

p.s. in general we didn't need our slingers to put points in ballistic dampeners while we were 5 healing. maybe our healers were just better than yours.

Edited by namesaretough

Or if any of them had the sense to drop to 105 energy and put 1 pt in ballistic dampers ...

I did this :D

Good to wake up and read some nice drama, an official "Welcome Back" to Pappa Milas

Now, we all need to remember 8m is "T-Ball mode" this is a very important fact Kappa.

Anything I say is irrelevant cuz I only have world first 8m kill, timed run, and 16m kill so obviously ignore my statement.

MK is bad and can only play Infiltration on progression content (ie Brontes & Council)

Now, can we all play Cards Against Humanity together & sing campfire songs?

I guess 10 energy is more important than Ballistic Dampers, in Baird's case anyway. Kinda hard to back up "there is to much burst" when you don't pick up defensive talents.

I understand your point though, if it was a Sage they would be just as wrecked. Although what I want to know is why Baird only went to 70% after TB and Smash, yet Mung gets insta gibbed from 85% with just an extra ~10k dmg from Shock. The wonders of this ****** fight.

I never complained about burst on most people, just the kiter.

Misread the "burst down like that" as to much burst. My bad.

Well it was too much burst, like you said a sage is a goner if they aren't at 100. But I didn't complain about it because it was doable if people weren't messing up, the only guaranteed wipe was if it hit a kiter right before a knockback with no chance of recovery.

Well it was too much burst, like you said a sage is a goner if they aren't at 100. But I didn't complain about it because it was doable if people weren't messing up, the only guaranteed wipe was if it hit a kiter right before a knockback with no chance of recovery.

Idk why you keep talking tbh, It's not like you somehow killed this boss months before anyone else did on same difficulty? Learn your place.