Legacy storage

Icestar

That is the point. If you want to save the credit cost of sending any bound to character mods to alts using legacy gear, then simply earn the desired mods with that alt. Credit sinks are in the game for a reason.

Wrong.

If you want to save the credit cost, you make a legacy-bound armor set, mod it and send it between characters.

Result? Lots of credits saved, credit sink successfully bypassed, characters more easily geared. Cost? Nuisance of mailing your gear to characters, having to endure painfully slow loading times when you switch characters.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong.

If you want to save the credit cost, you make a legacy-bound armor set, mod it and send it between characters.

Result? Lots of credits saved, credit sink successfully bypassed, characters more easily geared. Cost? Nuisance of mailing your gear to characters, having to endure painfully slow loading times when you switch characters.

Get better internet?

Get better internet?

And put the game on an SSD.

Legacy gear is convenient when you have lots of alts, but often it is hard to create the "right look" with it.

I just use it as a stopgap so I can share 180 and 186 gears until I have enough for everyone. :)

If all the Legacy storage can do is make mats in it available for crafting to all of my toons, that would be awesome. If I can also store unbound and Bound-to-Legacy gear there, even better.

And put the game on an SSD.

Legacy gear is convenient when you have lots of alts, but often it is hard to create the "right look" with it.

I just use it as a stopgap so I can share 180 and 186 gears until I have enough for everyone. :)

If all the Legacy storage can do is make mats in it available for crafting to all of my toons, that would be awesome. If I can also store unbound and Bound-to-Legacy gear there, even better.

It's likely to let you share

Crafting Mats and Stuff

BOE Items

BOL Items

If you have a source for your comment that the way banks function is being completely changed, please provide it. I may have missed it, but I do not recall anything from BW stating that banks are undergoing any changes.

It is right there on the information page, a new type of storage that will affect how I use my banks in the future.

They say it can be shared with the legacy, lets hope they are true to their word.

Legacy Stronghold Storage – Unlock access to a new type of storage that is shared across your entire Legacy!

Nowhere does that say that they are changing the way that banks work with the implementation of legacy banks, only that they are introducing a new type of storage.

Again, please provide the source for this comment:

Well, considering that they actually are changing the way banks work with the implementation of legacybank...

Or admit that you are talking out of your posterior.

I'm sure that the bank/storage will be able to be shared with your legacy. Nowhere did they ever say that you would be able to put bound to character items into the legacy storage to COMPLETELY BYPASS current binding restrictions, or credit costs to move bound mods.

Wrong.

You can do that also, but that does limit you to a single set of armor and a single look. I'm expecting that the legacy bank will allow bound to legacy gear to place in the legacy bank so you don't have to mail the gear back and forth. You simply have to remember to put it back into the legacy bank.

Yes, but the main reason we do have ninjalooters the way it is working today is because Bioware did not follow up on the DEV post they had regarding restricting loot to those that can acutally use it.

Because of companions everyone can use pretty much everything. I don't know about this dev post you thought you saw, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't, or ever, existed. You might be confused with when they changes flashpoints to be more likely drop loot that matches the composition of your party.

As for Legacy Storage, I'd be pretty thrilled if it just worked like the Cargo Hold does for crafting, and anything else would be gravy. I like the idea of Legacy Wide credits through it as well. I think that anyone who expects that it will make all gear into legacy gear, which has been rare and expensive up to this point, is in for a rude awakening.

As people pointed out repeatedly, "LEGACY" - "LEG-ACY" - is the key word.

"Bound on Pickup" is not Legacy related, is character specific.

Bioware never implied that which you seem to have erroneously understood.

I have not missunderstood anything, I know what BoP means. I simply claim it is time to rethink that when they create the legacy bank. Or do you claim for a fact that that your way is the correct way? Do you have that information?

Yes, it will probably be a boring material bank where only legacy items can be put, but I already have a mail for that so it will hardly be something the players will go wild for. It is time to think outside the box, to create something new not old stuff found in a dusty cupboard. Come to think of it, they do have a black belt in recyceling things nowdays, perhaps it is time to let this idea go.

Edited by Icestar

I have not missunderstood anything, I know what BoP means. I simply claim it is time to rethink that when they create the legacy bank. Or do you claim for a fact that that your way is the correct way? Do you have that information?

The way me and others pointed out is the logical way and Bioware never implied otherwise truth be told.

Yes, it will probably be a boring material bank where only legacy items can be put, but I already have a mail for that so it will hardly be something the players go wild for. It is time to think outside the box, to create something new not old stuff found in a dusty cupboard.

If you find no merit whatsoever in the Legacy bank, then I guess that's YOUR problem.

Again, Bioware never implied the Legacy bank to be more than that which has been stated repeatedly(!!!) in this thread. The current "Bound on Pickup" and "Bound on Equip" are there for a reason.

The whole concept you're - apparently - trying to get at by having every armor piece, weapon, implant, earpiece, drop from an operation, drop from a flashpoint, etc etc, bound to YOUR LEGACY is utterly ludicrous.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If you find no merit whatsoever in the Legacy bank, then I guess that's YOUR problem. .

I do not have a problem with it, it is simply another option to do something I can already do

Again, Bioware never implied the Legacy bank to be more than that which has been stated repeatedly(!!!) in this thread. The current "Bound on Pickup" and "Bound on Equip" are there for a reason.

We will never know until we read the patchnotes if they intend to expand the legacy or simply not blow off the dust that has been there for....three years now.

The whole concept you're - apparently - trying to get at by having every armor piece, weapon, implant, earpiece, drop from an operation, drop from a flashpoint, etc etc, bound to YOUR LEGACY is utterly ludicrous .

This is not what the discussion is about, please do not make it personal

Edited by Icestar

I do not have a problem with it, it is simply another option to do something I can already do

It is THE option which allows you to save five credits when sending stuff back and forth between alts. If you have no use for it even there, then you're not the most savviest of people, when it comes to their in-game credits.

We will never know if they intend to expand the legacy or simply not blow off the dust that has been there for....three years now.

There's nothing to expand.

You still fail to realize, regardless of what has been said in this thread, that both "Bound on Equip" and "Bound on Pickup" are CHARACTER SPECIFIC, not Legacy related.

This is not what the discussion is about, please do not make it personal

I fail to see where I made it personal.

I merely pointed out you apparently have an issue comprehending the whole "Bound on Equip" and "Bound on Pickup" as being character specific.

The fact you - apparently - would like everything which I stated earlier to be Legacy bound is EXACTLY what I mentioned: Utterly ludicrous.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Time will tell what happens, nobody here has the right answers.

Everyone here has the right to their own opinions but until we see the Galactic Stronghold legacy storage system there is no point in arguing.

I hope that Bioware has picked up a few hints and some feedback though :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

To those that indicate this may be a "meh" addition to the game for casuals, I really would strongly disagree. For crafters alone, even if you do not draw from the common storage, this could be a boon because you can gather every resource you have in one place.

I think this will be much more appealing to casuals than one might expect.

Because of companions everyone can use pretty much everything.

Companions, no, not really, they do not need 186 or even 180 gears. And do they even benefit from set bonuses?

But a dozen Alts + Bind_to_Legacy = NEED NEED NEED! :DTotally kidding tho.

In pugs I need for the toon and spec I am on. Among my friends, we just figure out who benefits most. Letting your friends have the best gear means they can carry your lazy butt through the ops. ;)

both "Bound on Equip" and "Bound on Pickup" are CHARACTER SPECIFIC, not Legacy related.

Not quite. There is no "Bound on Equip," just "Bind on Equip," which is freely tradeable, not character specific, and there is little reason not to let it be put in a Legacy vault.

Perhaps you are thinking of "Bound" gear?

I think players can posses four types of gear, from a binding perspective:

• Bound - can be used on the toon that has it or (for non-CM) sold to a vendor.
  • pseudo-Bound - two subtypes here, 1. Operation drops that, for 2 hours, can be traded among the toons in the Op when it dropped, or 2. Comm gear which is refundable for a limited amount of time (e.g. PvP comm gear). These become Bound when the timer expires.
  • Bound to Legacy - can be transferred between toons in your Legacy, even cross-faction. I've never tried to vendor it.
  • Bind on Equip - can be freely traded and sold, converts to Bound if you put it on, add an augment slot, or add/remove modifications/dye to it.

Of these, I personally expect Legacy vaults to only accept the last one or two types.

Note that you cannot possess Bind on Pickup gear: the act of taking possession makes it Bound or pseudo-Bound.

Not quite. There is no "Bound on Equip," just "Bind on Equip," which is freely tradeable, not character specific, and there is little reason not to let it be put in a Legacy vault.

I actually believe it was self-explanatory. :rolleyes:

When I used - or coined if you fancy it the most - the term "Bound on Equip", I was referring to the fact that the item itself will become bound to the specific character, with no chance whatsoever of being traded around, in the same fashion as stuff which becomes "Bound on Pickup" as well, to a specific character.

Edited by Darth_Wicked