Legacy storage

Icestar

imagine if I could transfer that old columni shell that looked really cool to a different character. Because there is currently no where in the game you can get it.

Can you name a single other game that allows a player to transfer BOUND TO CHARACTER items to another character, even if that BOUND TO CHARACTER item is no longer available? I cannot think of one game that does.

I do not think that a set of columni gear is worth negating the entire bound to character system.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you name a single other game that allows a player to transfer BOUND TO CHARACTER items to another character, even if that BOUND TO CHARACTER item is no longer available? I cannot think of one game that does.

I do not think that a set of columni gear is worth negating the entire bound to character system.

What does other games has to do with it?

This is Bioware and they have been known to dare try new things from time to time. Using a legacy can bring lots of possibilities, what the account own all characters own.

It is time to think outside the box and see the possibilities it can bring, what a proper legcacy actually can mean and bring to a game. We get houses, why should be not be able to pick up our characters items? Instead we are bound by some law that says "grannys socks are grannys socks" and nobody touches "grannys socks". This can evolve into a more innovative thing, something that brings the legacy house to life.

Edited by Icestar

ESO has account bank (the only bank you have) you can place any bound item in that bank and use it on any other char. You can even place story quest rewards in it. I did it with my BOUND TO CHARACTER armor for the 2 Nightblades I was leveling. One used a bow the other was dual wielding both used med armor that was BOUND TO CHARACTER. I could not sell the armor to another player because it was BOUND TO CHARACTER. I could vendor it, destroy it, break it down in to raw martials or place it in the account bank and use it on another character.

What do I win since I named 1?

Edited by Warrgames

What does other games has to do with it?

This is Bioware and they have been known to dare try new things from time to time. Using a legacy can bring lots of possibilities, what the account own all characters own.

It is time to think outside the box and see the possibilities it can bring, what a proper legcacy actually can mean and bring to a game. We get houses, why should be not be able to pick up our characters items? Instead we are bound by some law that says "grannys socks are grannys socks" and nobody touches "grannys socks". This can evolve into a more innovative thing, something that brings the legacy house to life.

Since you failed to name any game that allows you to transfer BOUND TO CHARACTER items to another character on your account, I'm guessing that you CANNOT name one. I see that you chose instead to attempt to misdirect and distract us again.

What part of BOUND TO CHARACTER do you not understand? Allowing players to circumvent binding restrictions by using the legacy bank to pass bound to character items to an alt removes the incentive to run certain content with those alts. It also allows players to bypass a highly effective credit sink. A legacy bank does not have to allow players to circumvent the current binding restrictions, essentially turning every bound to character item into a bound to legacy item, to be a useful feature.

You still have not provided any source for your comment that banks are being changed. Is that because BW never said anything of the kind and you are simply trying talking out of your posterior? I do not recall BW ever saying that or ever implying that the legacy bank would allow players to circumvent the current binding restrictions.

ESO has account bank (the only bank you have) you can place any bound item in that bank and use it on any other char. You can even place story quest rewards in it. I did it with my BOUND TO CHARACTER armor for the 2 Nightblades I was leveling. One used a bow the other was dual wielding both used med armor that was BOUND TO CHARACTER. I could not sell the armor to another player because it was BOUND TO CHARACTER. I could vendor it, destroy it, break it down in to raw martials or place it in the account bank and use it on another character.

What do I win since I named 1?

It is my understanding that most items in that game are bound to account rather than bound to character. You would not be able to sell any bound to account items as they are bound to the account.

It believe that there are some things, such as the MAP packs, that cannot be placed in the account bank, as they are bound to character. The maps INSIDE those MAP packs are bound to account, though, and can be placed into the account bank.

We have bound to legacy items in this game as well as bound to character items. The former will likely be able to be placed into the legacy bank. I hope that the latter will not be able to be placed into the legacy bank.

Edited by Ratajack

It is my understanding that most items in that game are bound to account rather than bound to character. You would not be able to sell any bound to account items as they are bound to the account.

It believe that there are some things, such as the MAP packs, that cannot be placed in the account bank, as they are bound to character. The maps INSIDE those MAP packs are bound to account, though, and can be placed into the account bank.

We have bound to legacy items in this game as well as bound to character items. The former will likely be able to be placed into the legacy bank. I hope that the latter will not be able to be placed into the legacy bank.

The items in ESO say the same thing like most mmo: Bind on Equip. Once the item is equip it is listed as BOUND just like SWTOR. You are trying to play a little word game to prove your failed pointed. NO WHERE ON ANY ITEM DOES IT SAY BOUND TO ACCOUNT. It says BOUND. (Since I no longer have an active account with the game I went to You Tube and view a few videos till I found one that showed the CE Treasure Maps and to find truth instead of spewing false information to prove a fail point.) If SWTOR does allow BOUND items to be places into the legacy bank than they be BOUND TO ACCOUNT just like ESO. You could have just said I didn't know about ESO instead of trying to twist something you clear know nothing about around to prove a failed point.

Look at the items here that drop from their version of a OP: http://dulfy.net/2014/05/26/eso-aetherian-archive-trial-loot-drops/

Items are listed as Bind of Equip or Bind on Pick Up. Just like SWTOR.

You Tube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGdec6Tiq4

People need to look stuff up before spewing false information like its fact.

Edited by Warrgames

The items in ESO say the same thing like most mmo: Bind on Equip. Once the item is equip it is listed as BOUND just like SWTOR. You are trying to play a little word game to prove your failed pointed. NO WHERE ON ANY ITEM DOES IT SAY BOUND TO ACCOUNT. It says BOUND. (Since I no longer have an active account with the game I went to You Tube and view a few videos till I found one that showed the CE Treasure Maps and to find truth instead of spewing false information to prove a fail point.) If SWTOR does allow BOUND items to be places into the legacy bank than they be BOUND TO ACCOUNT just like ESO.

Look at the items here that drop from their version of a OP: http://dulfy.net/2014/05/26/eso-aetherian-archive-trial-loot-drops/

Items are listed as Bind of Equip or Bind on Pick Up. Just like SWTOR.

You Tube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGdec6Tiq4

People need to look stuff up before spewing false information like its fact.

First of all, I do not recall saying that it was fact. In fact, I tried to be very clear that it was MY understanding that most items were actually bound to account and not bound to character. If there are ANY items that can not be placed in the account bank, that would seem to support MY understanding.

Can you place a map pack in your account bank in ESO?

Can you place the maps contained WITHIN the map pack in your account bank?

If there is ANY bound item that cannot be placed in your account bank, then It would seem to me that that particular item is bound to CHARACTER, while those items that can be placed in the account bank would seem to me to be bound to ACCOUNT. Both items would be bound, and I believe they would say they are BOUND.

First of all, I do not recall saying that it was fact. In fact, I tried to be very clear that it was MY understanding that most items were actually bound to account and not bound to character. If there are ANY items that can not be placed in the account bank, that would seem to support MY understanding.

Can you place a map pack in your account bank in ESO?

Can you place the maps contained WITHIN the map pack in your account bank?

If there is ANY bound item that cannot be placed in your account bank, then It would seem to me that that particular item is bound to CHARACTER, while those items that can be placed in the account bank would seem to me to be bound to ACCOUNT. Both items would be bound, and I believe they would say they are BOUND.

No idea about Map Packs because like many players I opened them all and found out after opening that it was a very limited account bank 60 slots for 8 characters. Nor do I remember anyone talking about that as being a problem on the forums. I may have missed it because of the game have more bugs than a cheap hotel room. If it does work as you say, is it a bug like the billion that game or is that the way it is meant to be.

No idea about Map Packs because like many players I opened them all and found out after opening that it was a very limited account bank 60 slots for 8 characters. Nor do I remember anyone talking about that as being a problem on the forums. I may have missed it because of the game have more bugs than a cheap hotel room. If it does work as you say, is it a bug like the billion that game or is that the way it is meant to be.

I guess that is the question. Are there some bound to character items while most items are actually bound to account? I do not know.

When an item binds, does it bind to character or to account? Or do some bind to account, while others bind to character?

I guess that is the question. Are there some bound to character items while most items are actually bound to account? I do not know.

When an item binds, does it bind to character or to account? Or do some bind to account, while others bind to character?

Wouldn't it make sense if an item is meant to be bound to account or bound to character it would be labeled as such in ESO like most games do when they have multi types of bound items like SWTOR Bind to Legacy and Bound to the character or WoW with Bind to Account and Bound to the character

Wouldn't it make sense if an item is meant to be bound to account or bound to character it would be labeled as such in ESO like most games do when they have multi types of bound items like SWTOR Bind to Legacy and Bound to the character or WoW with Bind to Account and Bound to the character

It would seem to make sense, and it may well simply be a bug if some cannot be placed into the account bank while the majority of items can be placed there.

Is it possible, though, that if the vast majority of items are bound to account and there are only a few items, such as the MAP packs and possibly promotional items, that are actually bound to character that the devs may not have felt it necessary to create two tool tips to differentiate them.

I do not know which is the case, so I will not state either one as fact, but the question as to which is the "truth" does remain.

Edited by Ratajack

It would seem to make sense, and it may well simply be a bug if some cannot be placed into the account bank while the majority of items can be placed there.

Is it possible, though, that if the vast majority of items are bound to account and there are only a few items, such as the MAP packs and possibly promotional items, that are actually bound to character that the devs may not have felt it necessary to create two tool tips to differentiate them.

I do not know which is the case, so I will not state either one as fact, but the question as to which is the "truth" does remain.

If it is the case that dev feel that they don't need to differentiate between 2 different bound item types, they are worse dev than I thought and also the game is worse off than I thought.

If it is the case that dev feel that they don't need to differentiate between 2 different bound item types, they are worse dev than I thought and also the game is worse off than I thought.

Maybe, but let's look at a hypothetical.

Let's hypothetically say that 99.9% of the items in that game bind to account, and that there are less than one percent of items that bind to character, and those are primarily promotional items. These numbers may be off, but given the likely amounts of various types and levels of armors and weapons alone, I think that they are not too far off.

Is the lack of a "bound to character" tooltip on less than 1/10 of 1% of the items, many of them promotional in nature, in the game really a huge deal?

Again, just offering a possible reason why some bound items can be placed into the account bank, while others cannot.

Maybe, but let's look at a hypothetical.

Let's hypothetically say that 99.9% of the items in that game bind to account, and that there are less than one percent of items that bind to character, and those are primarily promotional items. These numbers may be off, but given the likely amounts of various types and levels of armors and weapons alone, I think that they are not too far off.

Is the lack of a "bound to character" tooltip on less than 1/10 of 1% of the items, many of them promotional in nature, in the game really a huge deal?

Again, just offering a possible reason why some bound items can be placed into the account bank, while others cannot.

How does it look when 50 threads open up about the same issue? It looks bad for company. ESO already has egg on their face over all the major bugs that they launched with.

I wonder if SWTOR is going to have an issue similar to ESO bank bug with their account bank

What do you think about sharing commodations (basic, elite etc.) ? I just hit 1000 basic and I have no idea what to do except buy some Vial of Stabilized Isotope-5 and sell it on GTN... I wish we had comms gear bound to legacy or just Legacy Storage let us transfer comms to another character.

What do you think about sharing commodations (basic, elite etc.) ? I just hit 1000 basic and I have no idea what to do except buy some Vial of Stabilized Isotope-5 and sell it on GTN... I wish we had comms gear bound to legacy or just Legacy Storage let us transfer comms to another character.

Why not buy some Black Market (162) stuff and shlep it to alts via legacy gear?

Why not buy some Black Market (162) stuff and shlep it to alts via legacy gear?

O man, thanks. I remember now that I read about that somewhere. I was thinking that I would have to collect comms again on alts x)) But still it would be better when comms gear be bound to legacy. Simple as that.

the character binding is actually a key feature.

when you unlock an armor set in your collections, it is bound to character when you add additional copies to your inventory. this is so you would have to account unlock it to receive it on different characters. if it wasn't bound you could just mail it to other characters without having to unlock it for all of your toons, which loses potential money for bioware.

legacy binding isn't just a key feature, it is a necessity.

if people could get unlimited copies and then trade them to other characters, who would then get unlimited copies as well, everyone would have everything in the CM within a month or two. everything would lose its value because, not only would it be easy to acquire, but because quite a few people would be selling things dirt cheap. that does not happen now because everything has value because certain things are hard to obtain. people have the opportunity to make a lot of money for getting lucky, but not if there is no value to it.

also, when a CM item is gotten from a pack, it is bound to character for about two days. it is kind of an encouragement to use the item for your character instead of selling it or sending it to another toon.

i agree with you on the fact that most items like mats or legacy bound items can be sent by mail to other characters. if the legacy storage could only send unbound items, it would be useless. the following are my speculations on what they will do, considering that no additional information has been released on the specifics for legacy storage:

1. they might let items with certain types of binds get sent. in example, you might be able to send any kind of item that binds on equip, but not anything that binds on pickup. the kind of item is not a consideration, only its bind-type. the only thing that matters is what kind of bind is present, regardless of what type of item it is.

2. they might let certain types of items of any bind-type get sent. in example, you might be able to send mods or XP boosts can be sent to other characters, but not armor. any of these could be bound, but so long as it is one of these types of items, it can be sent. the bind-type (legacy bound, bind on equip, character bind, etc.) is not a consideration, the only thing that matters is what kind of item it is.

3. sending an item to the legacy storage might bind it to legacy. it might be that retrieving it on another character binds it for 24 hours, or it could be a permanent bind. another idea is that an item can be sent a certain number of times into the legacy storage. once you send it, say 3 times, it becomes permanently bound (character or legacy).

i think i like idea #3 the best, and it might be the most probable.

i agree with you on the fact that most items like mats or legacy bound items can be sent by mail to other characters. if the legacy storage could only send unbound items, it would be useless. the following are my speculations on what they will do, considering that no additional information has been released on the specifics for legacy storage:

I agree it will be useless, that is why I hope they develope the legacy storage into something real useful.

We could use some information from Bioware soon :tran_wink:

Edited by Icestar

Most likely it will allow you place any item that can be mailed to another character in your legacy in it.

Yep, they will probably only add another bank tab they call "legacy storage" and be done with it.

I still hope they think a bit further then that though, it has potential. Not everything needs to be as it always has been, it is called improvement :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

Yep, they will probably only add another bank tab they call "legacy storage" and be done with it.

I still hope they think a bit further then that though, it has potential. Not everything needs to be as it always has been, it is called improvement :tran_cool:

It is not necessary to create loopholes to bypass current binding restrictions and/or credit sinks in order for something to be considered an improvement.

It is not necessary to create loopholes to bypass current binding restrictions and/or credit sinks in order for something to be considered an improvement.

No need for that, but improvements could still be made, like an option to automatically redirect all crew skill material mission output into the legacy storage, etc.

improvements could still be made, like an option to automatically redirect all crew skill material mission output into the legacy storage, etc.

Yes, improvements like crew skill material allocation is a good step of the way.

There are many things that can improve legacy storage to ease up the gameplay for us that got 22 characters.

With the recent sale last night I guess many players bought lots of new characterslots and understand the need for a evolved legacy storage system,

Edited by Icestar