SWTOR Fastest growing MMO in history

Jett-Rinn

You posted a source from the same company it is citing? That is like ford coming out with a study that FORD cars are better. Find an independent source.

Something like this.

That's from five days before launch and indicates that they'd need 500 thousand subs to make money. Unless you want to claim Bioware is flat lying, they're already double that, and it's not even Christmas yet.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, but the quality of this game will prevent it from reaching impressive subscription numbers. Its simply not a good game, very clunky and unresonsive combat most of all.

Only the initial launch is good cause StarWars+Bioware.

Most people are universally praising the game only a handful of haters and astroturfers are crying doom.

That type will keep screaming fail until TOR gets 12.5 million subs...and even if that happens they will scream liar. In other words no matter how well the game does haters gonna hate. :rolleyes:

I have 11 friends that were playing swtor, now I have 11 friends playing lol and bf3.

So sad it turned out to be fail but hey, things happen.

Welp, EA/BioWare, close up shop.

This anonymous guy and all 11 of his friends don't like it.

The kingmaker has spoken, apparently.

, very clunky and unresonsive combat most of all.

Translation: There's no auto attack and I have to actually pay attention to what I'm doing instead of spamming the same special.

There's nothing clunky or unresponsive in the combat. It's actually one of the better MMO implementations I've seen.

Translation: There's no auto attack and I have to actually pay attention to what I'm doing instead of spamming the same special.

There's nothing clunky or unresponsive in the combat. It's actually one of the better MMO implementations I've seen.

no auto attack =

!

fastest growing, meaning it has the potential to be the biggest fail mmo in history.

if (launchResultsGood("TOR")) {

System.Console.WriteLine("Fastest growing, meaning it has the potential to be the biggest fail mmo in history.");

}

else {

System.Console.WriteLine("It's not getting the subscriptions it needs, meaning it has the potential to be the biggest fail mmo in history.");

}

Edited by Jimer_Lins

Im sorry, but the quality of this game will prevent it from reaching impressive subscription numbers. Its simply not a good game, very clunky and unresonsive combat most of all.

I have different ideas about whats clunky and unresponsive.

Edited by Nemmar

http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20111223

I would say suck it haters...but that wouldn't be nice. :)

Has anyone bothered to mention the fact that RIFT announced they passed 1 million registered players during their headstart period, prior to their actual launch date?

Because that sounds a bit faster.

Funny thing, history.:rolleyes:

Edited by Apax

Has anyone bothered to mention the fact that RIFT announced they passed 1 million registered players during their headstart period, prior to their actual launch date?

Shhh, are you trying to get banned?

rift had 1 million FORUM ACCOUNT in their headstart period.

swtor was 1 year from being released and had the same number.

rift had 1 million FORUM ACCOUNT in their headstart period.

swtor was 1 year from being released and had the same number.

I'm well aware of what the advertised numbers represent. The point is not many people seem to understand that nobody has any idea how many subscribers SWToR has because nobody has paid a dime in subscription costs yet. And nobody will until January ~20th *at the earliest*.

So, yes, Rift had 1 million registered accounts. SWToR has 1 million registered accounts. That's all either game had/has. By January 20th half of those million accounts may cancel their subscription plan before paying anything. Or they may not. Since nobody can predict the future we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm playing SWToR along with everyone else, but keep it real. If you're going to start calling registered accounts subscribers, we can play that PR spin game with other MMO launches too.

Edited by Apax