Kaggath Rulebook

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point of choosing a supplier if your Ground forces come complete with all the supplies made by their original faction? I understand Storm Troopers getting scouts and heavy troopers, that makes sense to some extent. But they shouldn't get speeder bikes unless you have a supplier capable of making them. If your ground forces are Droids but your supplier is Vong, you shouldn't have repair stations for your droids. If your army is Killik but your supplier isn't, you shouldn't have access to Killik manufactured goods.

What's the point of choosing a supplier if your Ground forces come complete with all the supplies made by their original faction? I understand Storm Troopers getting scouts and heavy troopers, that makes sense to some extent. But they shouldn't get speeder bikes unless you have a supplier capable of making them. If your ground forces are Droids but your supplier is Vong, you shouldn't have repair stations for your droids. If your army is Killik but your supplier isn't, you shouldn't have access to Killik manufactured goods.
Not sure what your getting at here... do Killik's even have manufactured goods?

Specialty items, such as Membrosia, whatever they built their hives out of, you know.. bug stuff.

But they make that themselves...

That's like saying Jedi can't have lightsabers unless you have access to Ilum. The Jedi already made their lightsabers, they don't need to be supplied. These killiks make membrosia, it doesn't need to be supplied.

Edited by Warren-Stride

But they make that themselves...

That's like saying Jedi can't have lightsabers unless you have access to Ilum. The Jedi already made their lightsabers, they don't need to be supplied. These killiks make membrosia, it doesn't need to be supplied.

Membrosia is made by certain breeds of Killiks. Meaning that not all Killiks can make it. Since the Killiks in this case are a military force, having noncombat Killiks is something that I would categorize as supplier.

Membrosia is made by certain breeds of Killiks. Meaning that not all Killiks can make it. Since the Killiks in this case are a military force, having noncombat Killiks is something that I would categorize as supplier.

/5char

this is the killik swarm army, allowing for all clans and specializations. As far as I understand its similar in nature to allowing transports... (I hate to use my own faction as an example but) you guys aren't about to say wookies don't

.have access to bow casters are we simply because my supplier isn't "wookies".

(I mean unless it is a vehicle we are talking about in which case I refer to rule 61

"#61 You may only have access to vehicles that your supplier is capable of manufacturing, be it war droids, tanks or walkers etc. though not the exact unit, only the class. A supplier capable of acquiring said units through alternative means will also suffice."

This is in reference to the vehicle you CHOSE which leads me to believe ALL vehicles that people can make are replaced with the ones that your faction chose. Now I KNOW that wasn't held in the last Kaggath, but it is still MY interpretation of the rule. This way we have no confusion as to all this extra stuff that can be built... Thouhg if that is not the case AND what we are talking about here is Vehicles not other weapons (like hand held weapons or armor that the Killiks made themselves) then I agree its what the supplier can provide AND what you specified to begin with and that's it...

Edited by tunewalker

this is the killik swarm army, allowing for all clans and specializations. As far as I understand its similar in nature to allowing transports... (I hate to use my own faction as an example but) you guys aren't about to say wookies don't

(I mean unless it is a vehicle we are talking about in which case I refer to rule 61

"#61 You may only have access to vehicles that your supplier is capable of manufacturing, be it war droids, tanks or walkers etc. though not the exact unit, only the class. A supplier capable of acquiring said units through alternative means will also suffice."

This is in reference to the vehicle you CHOSE which leads me to believe ALL vehicles that people can make are replaced with the ones that your faction chose. Now I KNOW that wasn't held in the last Kaggath, but it is still MY interpretation of the rule. This way we have no confusion as to all this extra stuff that can be built... Thouhg if that is not the case AND what we are talking about here is Vehicles not other weapons (like hand held weapons or armor that the Killiks made themselves) then I agree its what the supplier can provide AND what you specified to begin with and that's it...

It's not the same though....

It's like saying Republic Troops get Access to Durasteel because they know how to mine it, when it'd be a specialty division.

It's not like weaponry...

It's not the same though....

It's like saying Republic Troops get Access to Durasteel because they know how to mine it, when it'd be a specialty division.

It's not like weaponry...

all I am sayin is if it was a common hand held weapon of some kind that the Killiksused it should be allowed. if it is a vehicle of some kind it should not. We already have 2 vehicles listed and a supplier listed for such things.... but personal weapons are personal weapons... if you get my meaning....

The difference is Membrosia isn't a weapon, it's a beverage the Killiks use to brainwash people. It is an extra item, something that is actually made by a certain type of killik. The key words being "Made by", as in manufactured, or supplied by. Its an object provided by non-combat units. As the Wiki says:

Gold membrosia was a powerful alcoholic beverage made by the Killik membrosia givers.

What is a membrosia giver?

Membrosia givers were a Killik variant whose sole existence was the production of membrosia.

A supply unit, not a support unit.

Do Storm Troopers get to carry any number of the poisons/bioweapons made by Imperial intelligence?
Its not a question of get to, its if they, and as Warren pointed out part of the Gorog's invasion tactics was to absorb entire populations into the hive. Killiks don't have supply chains, they are a swarm, anything they need would be carried on their person. So its possible that the combat Killiks pay possess this drug.

Its not a question of get to, its if they, and as Warren pointed out part of the Gorog's invasion tactics was to absorb entire populations into the hive. Killiks don't have supply chains, they are a swarm, anything they need would be carried on their person. So its possible that the combat Killiks pay possess this drug.

I'm going to say that the combat Killiks would not have it on them. The Killiks only ever sold it they never had it in combat situation.

I'm going to say that the combat Killiks would not have it on them. The Killiks only ever sold it they never had it in combat situation.
I assume you have some sources on this, but what I was speculating was that the Killiks (especially the Gorog) would have used their membrosia to speed up the colonization process, not just sell it on the black market. Which means they would have to take it with them, and would come under military supplies.

The Gorog formed their own version called black membrosia, which was much more powerful and more addictive. After a year of black market sales, it had ruined the economy of the Roche asteroids.

There is no other information on membrosia. The only information we have is its use on the black market. If the wiki doesn't say there was combat use, then there wasn't.

There is no other information on membrosia. The only information we have is its use on the black market. If the wiki doesn't say there was combat use, then there wasn't.

Don't be too trusting of the wiki. Just sayin'.

Don't be too trusting of the wiki. Just sayin'.

If we were, the Phase I's would have a device like the Phase 0's did that would act in short bursts for immense speed...Curse you wiki! Why you give us false hope?!

Lawls. If only.

Faith in Wookieepedia, misplaced may be. :jawa_wink:

Edited by Beniboybling

Something came up about my ships.....?

Edit: oh

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anaxes_War_College_System

As you will see in this system there is no "light cruiser" its either a "Cruiser" or a "heavy Cruiser" While they can move it up based on firepower and the like....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hapan_Battle_Dragon

As you can see here it DID NOT with the Dragon, it was still classified as a "cruiser" same as the MC40... there should be no reason to "nerf" as according to the Anaxes War College System the Battle Dragon IS NOT a Heavy cruiser, but just a mere cruiser same as the MC 40.

Unfortunately thanks to lack of sources we can only assume Wookieepedia's classing to be conjectural, Wookieepedia is not canon. Furthemore the Wookiee doesn't seem to specify between cruiser or heavy cruiser.

For example the Acclamator-class assault ship despite being used as an example of a heavy cruiser in the EGW, is classed on the Wookiee page as merely a "cruiser" - we cannot take these sources to be accurate.

Again that's not true, you need to relook at my comparisons.

The HBD has over quadruple the Capital Ship firepower of an Interdictor, but the Interdictor has fighter defenses, so I brought it down to double.

Then on top of that it has Concussion Missiles, but I said that the extra 12 fighters per Interdictor would probably balance that out, so with Everything accounted for, the HBD is twice as powerful.

That's because there weren't any bigger ships around at the time but here we're dealing with ships that are 3 times as big as it, if not more.

That comes with bigger reactors, higher speed, more turbolasers, and a lot more fighters. Especially the fighters part really, it's definitely a Light Cruiser.

Again, look at the comparison I made, the HBD Had almost twice as much weaponry as it.

I don't really get your point on the Harrower though, seeing as that's less than what the Interdictor had.

The Interdictor is 600 metres long however, which means it qualifies in terms of size as a heavy cruiser. The point is valid, but that is exactly why I brought it down from Star Destroyer to Heavy Cruiser.

However bringing it down to a light cruiser would be too far, and not in keeping with the its purpose. As I said, it was the mainstay of the Sith Fleet, it was called a Sith Destroyer - it was not a support vessel.

Heavy cruisers were often the backbone of any fighting fleet as they fulfill many important roles. Such roles included planetary bombardment, troop transport and ship to ship combat.

--Taken from Wookieepedia

That fits the purpose of the Interdictor to the letter. I don't have the EGW on hand at the moment but I'm sure it says something similar, when I'm able I'll consult it as well to solidify this description.

Anyway I'm not sure what figures you used in your comparison, because the stats given by Wookieepedia don't even make it into double figures across all its batteries. Also bear in mind we are dealing with quad turbolasers here, which means it has effectively 50 standard dual turbolaser batteries - which seems on level with the Battle Dragon to me.

I'm also sure your not about to argue that the Harrower is a light cruiser as well, though that is what your implying.

Overall, I see no basis for claiming the Interdictor is a light cruiser, as much as I respect Lady's judgement I think she has made a mistake here, and not taken into account the fact it would require a numbers change up across the board.

The Interdictor is 600 metres long however, which means it qualifies in terms of size as a heavy cruiser. The point is valid, but that is exactly why I brought it down from Star Destroyer to Heavy Cruiser.

However bringing it down to a light cruiser would be too far, and not in keeping with the its purpose. As I said, it was the mainstay of the Sith Fleet, it was called a Sith Destroyer - it was not a support vessel.

Heavy cruisers were often the backbone of any fighting fleet as they fulfill many important roles. Such roles included planetary bombardment, troop transport and ship to ship combat.

--Taken from Wookieepedia

That fits the purpose of the Interdictor to the letter. I don't have the EGW on hand at the moment but I'm sure it says something similar, when I'm able I'll consult it as well to solidify this description.

Anyway I'm not sure what figures you used in your comparison, because the stats given by Wookieepedia don't even make it into double figures across all its batteries. Also bear in mind we are dealing with quad turbolasers here, which means it has effectively 50 standard dual turbolaser batteries - which seems on level with the Battle Dragon to me.

I'm also sure your not about to argue that the Harrower is a light cruiser as well, though that is what your implying.

Overall, I see no basis for claiming the Interdictor is a light cruiser, as much as I respect Lady's judgement I think she has made a mistake here, and not taken into account the fact it would require a numbers change up across the board.

You need to re-read the discussions I and tunewalker had about Batteries.

The Interdictor had 5 Batteries of turbolasers, which is 25 Individual Turbolasers, then 30 point defense Systems (Arranged in 6 batteries)

The Interdictor, being 600 meters, is directly on the border between light cruiser and Heavy Cruiser.

Also, Beni honey, the Interdictors weren't the "big dogs" in the Sith Fleet, the Centurion cruisers were. You know, the ones that were twice as long.

What are you talking about? There's no mention of Quad Turbo Lasers... Only the Leviathan had those. You know, the capital ship of a powerful admiral... Heavily modified.

The three sources I have state that the Interdictor was the standard cruiser in the Republic Navy and the Hammerheads were the frigates with Centurions as the heavies, the Sith navy followed the same pattern but dumped out the Hammerhead.