Kaggath Rulebook

Nah, it's Genius, trust me.

And I plan to tell Rayla it if she ever faces Warren, cause she can do it too...

You'd be so proud of me Tune :p

Ok well I will see, so whats your plan on dealing with the Legacy of Torment. :p

Edit: wait do you know my faction?

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well I will see, so whats your plan on dealing with the Legacy of Torment. :p

Edit: wait do you know my faction?

No....

Maybe we should take this discussion to PM's :p

I know how I'm dealing with the LoT, but I don't want to let everyone know (As it'd reveal an intricate part of my faction)...

So yeh, PM?

I propose the creation of a new rule called, Universal Public Knowledge.

Meaning: Anything at anytime in galactic history related to the opposing faction that was public knowledge, the other faction will know. Ex.

Vong used organic ships

Empire used Star Destroyers

Vong had Black Holes for shields

Empire used the TIE series star fighters almost exclusively

If something like this was fleshed out and put into place, it would server similar to the Universal Tech Rule, but only with knowledge. Meaning that Revan would not be totally out classed by Imperial Commander 02456 simply due to the fact Revan knows exactly nothing about the enemy ships.

I'm still not sure about this, I don't think you were present but I certainly remember the kerfuffle caused about G0-T0 using the HoloNet to learn what a clone trooper looked like. We can't think in terms of just this match.

Or just naval forces for that matter.

I'm still not sure about this, I don't think you were present but I certainly remember the kerfuffle caused about G0-T0 using the HoloNet to learn what a clone trooper looked like. We can't think in terms of just this match.

Or just naval forces for that matter.

I don't actually remember that one being too bad, but wasn't that because he had literally no reason to or something?

I dunno, can't remember.

I don't actually remember that one being too bad, but wasn't that because he had literally no reason to or something?

I dunno, can't remember.

It resulted on a ban of the HoloNet, effectively a ban on "public knowledge". However we do need to consider how this would effect ground forces, and what we would describe as "public knowledge".

We would also have to consider how many people would possess the "public knowledge" and whether it would extend to knowledge of planets, suppliers, supplier bases etc. Again we can't just think in terms of Vong.

EDIT: And while it is true that Trench would know nothing of the Vong and an NJO tactician very much, Trench would no a whole lot more about Republic class and Separatist class warships which NJO tacticans would be ignorant to.

There would also be a universal ignorance of those of later eras to technology used during the Old Republic era.

Edited by Beniboybling

It resulted on a ban of the HoloNet, effectively a ban on "public knowledge". However we do need to consider how this would effect ground forces, and what we would describe as "public knowledge".

We would also have to consider how many people would possess the "public knowledge" and whether it would extend to knowledge of planets, suppliers, supplier bases etc. Again we can't just think in terms of Vong.

I know, and I was present for the G0-T0 incident, he tried to google every single problem it seemed. :d_rolls_eyes:

Public Knowledge, one good way that sometimes is used is to just randomly walk up to strangers and ask them about it. Granted, we can not do that. So I make an appeal to the Holonet act of G0-T0 to allow it to access general databases. This effects more than just the Vong, but it would also fix the Era-inequality that we currently have. Restricting it to such general things would stop anything that is too juicy being known, for example, no schematics at all would be permited, nor any in detailed analysis of enemy units. Things such as *The Vong invaded the galaxy with organic ships with shields of black holes intent to conquer the galaxy* Would fall under Public Knowledge. Though, not everyone would know about the black hole shields, so that might be omitted. However, I think another that would fall under public knowledge would be how the Galactic Empire loved to produce super weapons and lethal technology. Which Lomi would see and assume that the IDD that was sent at them had some fairly advanced technology she would need to look out for.

If a clearer explanation is required, I will attempt to get one correctly worded.

Edited by Silenceo

So beni why was The Legacy allowed and Executor disallowed any way, The Legacy was analog to the Executor types... it was smaller yes but similar levels of firepwer and defenses and Similar number of ships it could take on solo and win... I mean, this is supposed to bring Debate yes.... and the rules are supposed to ficilitate that debate well as far as I can see.....

EoP wins Kaggath all rounds

/tournament.

Because I decided that its inherent weaknesses off-balanced is heavy firepower, simply put it only seemed to match the SSD in terms of firepower, not anything else.

Its also been my experience that folks tend to exaggerate in regards to "OP" and then push comes to shove seem to manage just fine, given that I found it difficult to find accurate sources on just how powerful it is.

Alright I've made a new draft of rule #104, here it is:

#104 Combatants have limited knowledge of their opponents. They are only aware of the nature of the enemies Head of State and Second-in-Command, not their allies of whom they do not know exist, finally they are aware of the size and firepower of military forces as well as possessing basic knowledge of their nature, though not prior to the match, only on recognition – the extent of this info will be similar to that of its summary on a Wookiee article.

To put this into practice, here is the summary of a Miid-ro'ik on Wookieepedia:

The miid ro'ik warship was a Yuuzhan Vong bio-engineered capital starship and the rough analog to an Imperial-class Star Destroyer.

The use of the term bio-engineered in this case giving them knowledge that they are purely organic, but not knowledge of dovin basals. Though given they knowledge of firepower, I'd say the fact they launch asteroids would come into this.

May I stress that this is not a "universal knowledge rule", only info on military units is permitted.

So beni why was The Legacy allowed and Executor disallowed any way, The Legacy was analog to the Executor types... it was smaller yes but similar levels of firepwer and defenses and Similar number of ships it could take on solo and win... I mean, this is supposed to bring Debate yes.... and the rules are supposed to ficilitate that debate well as far as I can see.....

EoP wins Kaggath all rounds

/tournament.

Because I decided that its inherent weaknesses off-balanced is heavy firepower, simply put it only seemed to match the SSD in terms of firepower, not anything else.

Its also been my experience that folks tend to exaggerate in regards to "OP" and then push comes to shove seem to manage just fine, given that I found it difficult to find accurate sources on just how powerful it is.

Alright I've made a new draft of rule #104, here it is:

#104 Combatants have limited knowledge of their opponents. They are only aware of the nature of the enemies Head of State and Second-in-Command, not their allies of whom they do not know exist, finally they are aware of the size and firepower of military forces as well as possessing basic knowledge of their nature, though not prior to the match, only on recognition – the extent of this info will be similar to that of its summary on a Wookiee article.

May I stress that this is not a "universal knowledge rule", only info on military units is permitted.

Which is all that is required for the balance to be restored. Perhaps you are the chosen one?

:d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes:

Jokes aside, that fits for what I was originally going for.

Side Note: That post above this one about the Legacy of Terror, is already on Page 6 of this thread.

Edited by Silenceo

All planets have judicial forces but I don't recall Taris having anything noteworthy.

If Trsara (spelling?) Is correct, they had enough defense between their soldiers and automated defenses to keep the lower levels in line even if they were to all riot. If nothing else, that speaks volumes about the automated defenses near the Upper City.

If Trsara (spelling?) Is correct, they had enough defense between their soldiers and automated defenses to keep the lower levels in line even if they were to all riot. If nothing else, that speaks volumes about the automated defenses near the Upper City.
Fool! You have posted this argument in the wrong thread and so it will not be counted!

I kid. :p

Or do I... :jawa_evil:

Fool! You have posted this argument in the wrong thread and so it will not be counted!

I kid. :p

Or do I... :jawa_evil:

I have already posted that thought in the main thread. For you lack of perception, crazy wall for you!

:d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: