Kaggath Rulebook

I also would like to note that this was an "irregular" set up and that per the rules, the players got the STANDARD Fighter compliments of the ships available to them, other wise with Hyper drives fighters, a Player could say any Arbitrary number they like for fighters.

Quadrillion Bazzillion.... Cus Hyperdrive....

Its not about what they can FIT, its about what their STANDARD compliment was.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK folks I don't want this issue to delay the Kaggath any longer so I'm going to propose a vote.

The options are as follows:

1. Modified Acclamator-I class with 156 fighters and reduced vehicle space, on the basis that the Nevoota Bee is a canonical modification, likely resulting in little to no changes to other systems, and was not one of a kind.

2. Standard Acclamator-I class with 80 fighters, on the basis that the Nevoota Bee is a unique warship with potentially unknown modifications, and that despite the faction makers intentions, accuracy is more important.

Silenceo and LadyKulvax are however, excluded from this vote.

Edited by Beniboybling

OK folks I don't want this issue to delay the Kaggath any longer so I'm going to propose a vote.

1. Modified Acclamator-I class with 156 fighters and reduced vehicle space, on the basis that the Nevoota Bee is a canonical modification, likely resulting in little to no changes to other systems, and was not one of a kind.

2. Standard Acclamator-I class with 80 fighters, on the basis that the Nevoota Bee is a unique warship with potentially unknown modifications, and that despite the faction makers intentions, accuracy is more important.

I'm going to abstain I think, on the one hand I feel it was unfair that she ever got this vessel, on the other hand that's a huge fighter decrease which could have dramatically changed the course of the last Kaggath....

So yeh, Abstaining.

What would total fighter numbers be for either option? Also, in the future, there needs to be a consensus on these things before the matches even start. Starfighter numbers need to be posted on the introductory post of each kaggath battlegrounds match as to make these things transparent.

Edited by ShadowMudkip

What would total fighter numbers be for either option? Also, in the future, there needs to be a consensus on these things before the matches even start. Starfighter numbers need to be posted on the introductory post of each kaggath battlegrounds match as to make these things transparent.
Well as I was saying, they were.

To answer your question:

Modified Acclamator: 4,600

Standard Acclamator: 3,612

So its a 1,000 starfighter difference.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well as I was saying, they were.

To answer your question:

Modified Acclamator: 3,612

Standard Acclamator: 4,600

So its a 1,000 starfighter difference.

Am not sure if I can vote but I been following the Kaggath for a while now.So if I can vote I believed option 2 should be used here.Standard Acclamator-I class with 80 fighters, on the basis that the Nevoota Bee is a unique warship with potentially unknown modifications, and that despite the faction makers intentions, accuracy is more important.I say this because I really have to agree with star there is only one The Nevoota Bee It has one source and to me it seems that it was a one time modification that afterwards was never used again.Also if you were to allow this you would open up a can of worms that I doubt you want to open it would just give you a huge headache in the long run.

Side note: Excuse me Beniboybling I think you got the numbers mixed up the Modified Acclamator should be 4,600 and the Standard Acclamator being 3,612.Even with the decrease the RR still have a edge in star fighters.

Edited by Jarons

Side note: Excuse me Beniboybling I think you got the numbers mixed up the Modified Acclamator should be 4,600 and the Standard Acclamator being 3,612.Even with the decrease the RR still have a edge in star fighters.
Ah thanks, fixed it.

@Tunewalker, see my intial response:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8161505&postcount=964

I've listed the source for the Acclamator's fighter complement there.

While I am with Tune on this and feel that 0 is the appropriate number, I will concede that 80 is an acceptable compromise considering your source. Though in the future (in the next match/tournament) I'd put my money on 0 being the Acclamator's proper complement.

And I propose you add a rule to the rulebook that modifications to a standard ship class have to have prior approval (or at least review) by the whole of the participants and that it is the job of the person who wants the modification to provide sources that show it was something done on a wide scale. (of course excluding flagships)

It might seem like a hassle, but I don't see it happening often and once a decision is made we can point to it if the issue ever comes up again.

Of course this is just a proposal for your perusal Beni, I'd just like to avoid situations where we have to debate fairness/rules/permission instead of the actual match. I recognize that it is, however, necessary at times and this was one such time.

Edited by StarSquirrel

The problem with that is that her forces are already planet side.

Oh...k, wait but then who's defending the ships from boarding actions? Or how is any side gonna do boarding actions if their ground forces are on the planet?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

While I am with Tune on this and feel that 0 is the appropriate number, I will concede that 80 is an acceptable compromise considering your source. Though in the future (in the next match/tournament) I'd put my money on 0 being the Acclamator's proper complement.
If you can find a source of your own to support that claim.

However if not I'll be going with that the Essential Guide says, being the most recent source.