BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

DarthTexas

To be honest, I'm kinda glad they were removed and are being brought back as adaptive, adds some great items to your collections to enhance your roleplaying.

They could still be adaptive and be reintroduced in a different fashion, outside the Cartel Market IMHO.

As it is, it just reeks of opportunism like the all thing with the Korrealis', whose re-introduction was NEVER even addressed in-game as far as the lore is concerned.

In other words, instead of releasing stuff which we haven't seen before, they merely bring up that which should have never been removed to begin with.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could still be adaptive and be reintroduced in a different fashion, outside the Cartel Market IMHO.

As it is, it just reeks of opportunism like the all thing with the Korrealis', whose re-introduction was NEVER even addressed in-game as far as the lore is concerned.

In other words, instead of releasing stuff which we haven't seen before, they merely bring up that which should have never been removed to begin with.

I don't disagree that it shouldn't have been removed, but I've grown to love my collections and wish there some non CM Armors I could add to it.

The last operations were released on October 1, 2013, the next one will be October 21, 2014 at the earliest, since there's no indication of a new operation in 2.9 on August 19; that's at least a year between new operations. Nightmare Modes of existing operations do not constitute new operations, despite how much you may want us to believe that.

Additionally, it will be at least 18 months between the raises of the level cap. We had 16 months for 1-50 content with 8 class stories and 4 operations. It will be at least 18 months, and possibly more for 51-55 with no class stories and only 3 operations.

If your goal is get players who love operations to leave and try out other games then you're succeeding. Please throw us a bone and tell us when anything of substance will be added to the game beyond gambling and housing mini-games.

The man behind the curtain has been revealed, Mr. Jurgens was right all along. It's a sad day for those who enjoy raiding.

Agreed... We used to get quality stuff like S&V / TFB. We used to get also new good FPs like Rakghoul series. RIght now, we will get nothing. No story update till August, after those mediocre tactical crap. We get some useless stuff like gambling and housing, but for OPS we have to wait.

I recently been logging only once per week for the guild run of various OPS, but seeing that new gear level and level cap raise will be aviable only in 3.0, which might hit late fall/early winter, there is no point in grinding same old things for the next 6-8 months.

The problem is, that with that timeline, those who wanted new content will leave to either wait for 2.9 / 3.0 or just leave for good. That means less money from subs, which will divert people from doing new content to reskin items for cartel market, to boost lost revenues, this mean even longer waiting times for new things, and that will cause more people to leave.

I know, I'm leaving till 3.0. I will not be paying for doing same OPS over and over again. I'm having fun at FF XIV, where Square Enix is pumping new content, Naoki Yoshida has a vision of the game and pushes it in this direction, while listening and giving players, what they want.

/unsubbed

Edited by MorgothPl

Agreed... We used to get quality stuff like S&V / TFB. We used to get also new good FPs like Rakghoul series. RIght now, we will get nothing. No story update till August, after those mediocre tactical crap. We get some useless stuff like gambling and housing, but for OPS we have to wait.

I recently been logging only once per week for the guild run of various OPS, but seeing that new gear level and level cap raise will be aviable only in 3.0, which might hit late fall/early winter, there is no point in grinding same old things for the next 6-8 months.

The problem is, that with that timeline, those who wanted new content will leave to either wait for 2.9 / 3.0 or just leave for good. That means less money from subs, which will divert people from doing new content to reskin items for cartel market, to boost lost revenues, this mean even longer waiting times for new things, and that will cause more people to leave.

I know, I'm leaving till 3.0. I will not be paying for doing same OPS over and over again. I'm habing fun at FF XIV, where Square Enix is pumping new content, Naoki Yoshida has a vision of the game and pushes it in this direction, while listening and giving players, what they want.

/unsubbed

Star Wars should be the industry leader in Ops, PvP, sandbox, etc. Bioware and EA aren't run out of a garage and it takes money to make money so why the nickle and dime patches guys? Why?

/sign

The Ops have all been very high quality and I have loved them all. But you cannot expect us to raid them for 8 months then finally release Nightmare Mode and call that new content.

Edited by Icebergy

Having watched the thurs night streams on twitch and seen some of the guys behind the scenes and listened to what they've been responsible for and the other names they mentioned I honestly believe that bioware has maybe 30 people tops working full time directly on swtor. That excludes tech support , customer support, and backend staff such as HR etc.

So no wonder they're slow.

30 employees servicing 300k subs and thousands of preferred players?

O_o

The last operations were released on October 1, 2013, the next one will be October 21, 2014 at the earliest, since there's no indication of a new operation in 2.9 on August 19; that's at least a year between new operations. Nightmare Modes of existing operations do not constitute new operations, despite how much you may want us to believe that.

Additionally, it will be at least 18 months between the raises of the level cap. We had 16 months for 1-50 content with 8 class stories and 4 operations. It will be at least 18 months, and possibly more for 51-55 with no class stories and only 3 operations.

If your goal is get players who love operations to leave and try out other games then you're succeeding. Please throw us a bone and tell us when anything of substance will be added to the game beyond gambling and housing mini-games.

calling housing a "mini-game" is generous... it's a non-game...they are rooms...rooms for us to stand in.

Yeah my guild is definitely about to at least partially move on soon. We are doing NiM right now, but we've just become very tired of doing the same operations for so long. We may all be back when new ones come out, but for now we are fairly burnt out on the content. There's more than that though, the thousand paper cuts of bugs that took too long to be fixed, having to jump to get out of damage and other little buggy mechanics are wearing some people down.

I still have things I want to do in the game. Three entirely new characters and their class stories await. All of them are Imperial classes and the only thing bugging me is the additional achievement thingy for light side Jaesa. That means I'll have to level another juggy just to get that one covered. Oh well, it's a good thing she's hawt.

Star Wars should be the industry leader in Ops, PvP, sandbox, etc. Bioware and EA aren't run out of a garage and it takes money to make money so why the nickle and dime patches guys? Why?

I disagree. It's refreshing to me to see them working on new areas of content and reworking some mechanics as they go along to encourage more player diversity.

It's a true themepark MMO... with lots of different content to be enjoyed. It's not a PvP centric game, and never will be. It's not a sandbox game and never will be. OPS are only one facet of the game..... but I get that the raider mind set does not care about anyone else and just wants a new OP ever month.

This has nothing to do with EA "running out of a garage" (a passive aggressive statement accusing them of being too cheap to please you personally). It has everything to do with both design philosophy and business philosophy. It's strange to me that people can be so oblivious of this. Their design philosophy has always been to provide a diverse range of content....and anyone only interested in one or two aspects of content from and MMO company is destined to be disappointed. From a business standpoint.... appealing to a broad player base with diverse interests makes much more sense in today's MMO market then focusing on pleasing minority factions in the player base by making raid centric or PvP centric or Sandbox content.

People need to find the MMO that suits their personal tastes and desires.. NOT constantly bash and complain about an MMO that does not give them what they want and demanding it be exactly what they want it to be. It's big market...lots of choices... play what you enjoy. Because playing what you do not enjoy... and constantly slathering the forum with all your disappointments is counterproductive for the individual player and counterproductive to any sort of sincere discussion about the game in forum.

Edited by Andryah

My sub is running out this week and I won't resub because of this. I came to this game for the stories, after those I stayed for the OPS. But lately I log in less and less.What's the point? There's nothing left to do. The OPS are fun, but after so many times it starts to feel like a chore. I'm not hardcore so NiM isn't for me. The new storyline and 2 new flashpoints only held my interest for a day or two when it came out. And I'm sure player housing won't keep me entertained for that long. So why bother? Maybe I'll resub when they raise the level cap. Until then I will just go preferred.

I disagree. It's refreshing to me to see them working on new areas of content and reworking some mechanics as they go along to encourage more player diversity.

It's a true themepark MMO... with lots of different content to be enjoyed. It's not a PvP centric game, and never will be. It's not a sandbox game and never will be. OPS are only one facet of the game..... but I get that the raider mind set does not care about anyone else and just wants a new OP ever month.

This has nothing to do with EA "running out of a garage" (a passive aggressive statement accusing them of being too cheap to please you personally). It has everything to do with both design philosophy and business philosophy. It's strange to me that people can be so oblivious of this. Their design philosophy has always been to provide a diverse range of content....and anyone only interested in one or two aspects of content from and MMO company is destined to be disappointed. From a business standpoint.... appealing to a broad player base with diverse interests makes much more sense in today's MMO market then focusing on pleasing minority factions in the player base by making raid centric or PvP centric or Sandbox content.

People need to find the MMO that suits their personal tastes and desires.. NOT constantly bash and complain about an MMO that does not give them what they want and demanding it be exactly what they want it to be. It's big market...lots of choices... play what you enjoy. Because playing what you do not enjoy... and constantly slathering the forum with all your disappointments is counterproductive for the individual player and counterproductive to any sort of sincere discussion about the game in forum.

Unfortunately, SWTOR is lagging behind in far too many facets because it's trying to do too many things and not fully developing the content it has. Ops are not coming out, which leads to the same situation WoW faces: subs leaving between releases. GSF is a niche audience, and even they are already clamoring for more. PvP is a great time killer, great way to play for those into it, and something fun to ignore the slow roll of other content, and it's on life support. One new map. Housing and guild ships will bring in new aspects, the former much more so for the RP crowd, but even that will just be a distraction for many.

This thread asked if they are trying to get Operations players to leave, and as it stands, this "everything to everyone" diversification that you like is doing just that. Many people play MMOs for the end game, and we're sorely lacking. There aren't even HM versions of the newer FPs, which are shallow to begin with.

That sounds like my guild right now. Most of us login twice a week for nightmare operations, and do very little else in game the rest of the week. Many of us are instead playing other games together outside of SWTOR. The longer BioWare waits to give us anything of substance, the harder it will be for them to get back our full attention.

If there is one thing I've learned recently is, it takes a MAJOR change to the game to get anyone who truly enjoys it to completely walk away from it. After 8 years of being dedicated to WoW, new changes in the upcoming format were enough to send me over the top and request to have all 3 of my accounts permanently deleted. Having to hold out a month or so for some new content is nothing compared to the game going in the complete OPPOSITE direction of where it was headed. If you love this game as much as you claim, then I think we can all be honest with ourselves and realize you aren't going anywhere. That said, I wish you luck with your request for new content, and its speedy arrival.

A slight offtopic but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question: Why ask for your accounts to be permanently deleted? :rak_02:

I'd go bonkers if someone were to delete my three Guild Wars accounts. Hell, I'd go bat droppings crazy if I had only one of my characters deleted. :(

Wonderful speech.

Now, will you put your money where your mouth is and pay me 50 million ingame credits if the new Nar Shadaa gambling will have ANY CC option?

And yes, I am slightly paranoid with no good reason, but hey, EA is catering an` stuff, so I shouldn`t be worried and your money should be safe, right?

Edited by Styxx

I usually agree with your logic but not this time. Yes, diversity is good but you can't spread yourself too thin either. Bread and butter comes first and don't tell me that endgame raiding isn't bread and butter. Take Call of Duty for example, when you buy the game and season pass ($110 a year) you get new content as far as story goes (yes, linear sucks, I know) but you get 4 dlc map packs to continue the fun with friends. Each dlc usually contains 4 multiplayer maps and zombie stuff - this keeps the players engaged and busy until the next scheduled release. The biggest online game (at least I think it is) would die without constant new multiplayer maps, that's just common sense. I don't have a way with words like you but you are smart enough to understand my point. This game is spreading itself too thin and there is no excuse for a major company to do this.

A slight offtopic but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question: Why ask for your accounts to be permanently deleted? :rak_02:

I'd go bonkers if someone were to delete my three Guild Wars accounts. Hell, I'd go bat droppings crazy if I had only one of my characters deleted. :(

Permanent deletion shows them you are dead serious about your decision to leave and NEVER return. After 11k+ achievement points, and 7 years of playtime, with 144 mounts, no one in their right mind would repurchase all of the game expansions again and start from scratch after having given all of that up. When I tell them I am quitting, it is a permanent thing, not just a "unsub and comeback later cause I was full of hot air at the time".

Bread and butter comes first and don't tell me that endgame raiding isn't bread and butter. .

Casuals, like myself, who gladly pay a sub and buy tons of stuff in the CM every other day are the bread and butter. Raiders usually pay for time, burn through content, and unsub until the next major patch. That is not bread and butter, that is more like ice cream from a truck. You get it once in awhile and the same kid will complain there are never any new flavors. Staying subbed, rolling alts, buying/selling via cartel items is the bread and butter. They turn out new content as often as they do because they know end game raiding is still a minority for the most part. I would wager the amount of players actually running Nightmare is minor compared to the number who just log in to play and go about their day. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, the forums are the vocal minority. If people were REALLY unhappy, they would just unsub or stop playing without ever making a peep.