BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

DarthTexas

I am not a hardcore Operation runner, I have recently gotten into them just, 16m Story Mode. In pugs mostly, some successful, some not such as it is.

Despite that, I agree, that there needs to be more new ops, I don't get to crazy and strive for competition or bragging rights so I haven't done Nightmares or Hard modes yet, but just grinding the same OPs is like grinding the same Flashpoints.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Permanent deletion shows them you are dead serious about your decision to leave and NEVER return. After 11k+ achievement points, and 7 years of playtime, with 144 mounts, no one in their right mind would repurchase all of the game expansions again and start from scratch after having given all of that up. When I tell them I am quitting, it is a permanent thing, not just a "unsub and comeback later cause I was full of hot air at the time".

Wow I'm pretty sure they couldn't sleep after realizing that you would never come back.

Great job, you showed them!

Edited by demotivator

Casuals, like myself, who gladly pay a sub and buy tons of stuff in the CM every other day are the bread and butter. Raiders usually pay for time, burn through content, and unsub until the next major patch. That is not bread and butter, that is more like ice cream from a truck. You get it once in awhile and the same kid will complain there are never any new flavors. Staying subbed, rolling alts, buying/selling via cartel items is the bread and butter. They turn out new content as often as they do because they know end game raiding is still a minority for the most part. I would wager the amount of players actually running Nightmare is minor compared to the number who just log in to play and go about their day. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, the forums are the vocal minority. If people were REALLY unhappy, they would just unsub or stop playing without ever making a peep.

I agree that NiM raiders are a minority but SM and even HM Ops are actually really fun as well as HM FP's. I spend an average of $100 a month on this game playing the GTN, I roll alts and gear them, I run dailies, I collect "rare" mounts etc but there is nothing I find more fun than grouping up with 8-16 ppl and taking on fun challenges. When was the last HM 55 FP released? Czerka. That's a long time.

Wow I'm pretty sure they couldn't sleep after realizing that you would never come back.

Great job, you showed them!

Wasn't a matter of them losing sleep over it, or proving it to anyone other than myself, and a handful of doubters. People always say, "See you next patch / week / expansion / etc". With no more battlenet account, and no urge to repurchase a game I'm done with, there is no point in keeping the account. This just insures I never return, and that the doubters get to see someone who actually commits to the quit. Anyone can unsub, very few have the brass to perma-delete and walk away.

I don't get the fetish for level cap raises, it's just an excuse to make us do all the gearing over again so they can prolong what little content is introduced.

If BW is SMART - They will leave the lvl cap at 55, and just keep adding new zones, content, and gear. Before the introduction of the WoW boost, the thought of grinding 100 levels in WoD just to play end game made me wanna shoot myself in the face with a spoon. We don't need higher levels, just new things to do, and some cool new gear to do it in.

The raiders are the ones who teach the casuals how to play the game. Directly and indirectly. Raiders come up with the class guides, find the secret things that give you stat boosts, and write the content guides. If they drive away the raiders, the casuals will suffer for it, even if they don't realize it.

To a lesser extent serious PvPers also contribute to the community in a similar way, but they are usually too competition minded to really do it.

One new Operation tier per year is, quite frankly, not acceptable. Nightmare Mode is NOT NEW CONTENT. And they need to stop pretending it is.

The raiders are the ones who teach the casuals how to play the game. Directly and indirectly. Raiders come up with the class guides, find the secret things that give you stat boosts, and write the content guides. If they drive away the raiders, the casuals will suffer for it, even if they don't realize it.

To a lesser extent serious PvPers also contribute to the community in a similar way, but they are usually too competition minded to really do it.

One new Operation tier per year is, quite frankly, not acceptable. Nightmare Mode is NOT NEW CONTENT. And they need to stop pretending it is.

As a casual, I am always on the hunt for hidden tips, tricks, and treasures. The only thing the hardcores really turn out are the walkthrough videos for strategies in raids. I don't recall the last time a hardcore made a how-to video to assemble a great looking outfit, or how to RP on Nar Shada as a prostitute ;) There is more to the game than just raiding. I would still love to see the raiders get their new content, but I will not pretend that raiders are the glue that hold the game together.

Edited by Superman_AZ

I'm not saying they are "the glue", I am merely pointing out that it will be a detriment to EVERYONE if Bioware finally drives us away.

I don't consider myself any great philanthropist or anything like that, but I can't count how many times someone has found my name on my guild's youtube videos and sent me a whisper asking for help with tanking or with boss strats. Hell people ask me for help on GSF all the time too.

I'm not saying they are "the glue", I am merely pointing out that it will be a detriment to EVERYONE if Bioware finally drives us away.

I'm certain they are not trying to drive anyone away, but by the same token, if they constantly have to cave to raiders and give them something new every few months to keep them happy, the bigger patches with the more important items will continue to take a backseat. Personally, I like that they are puting some things in with 2.8 and making 2.9 a very big deal by end of summer. I would rather sit tight and wait for great content, than be handed not-so-great content every few months just because I feel the urge to race to the finish.

The only major flaw I ever saw with raiding, was the lightspeed progression just to beat another guild to the finish line. It's awesome if you can solve a Rubik's cube in 42 seconds, but I would rather enjoy mine and take a week or two to figure it out. :D

I'm certain they are not trying to drive anyone away, but by the same token, if they constantly have to cave to raiders and give them something new every few months to keep them happy, the bigger patches with the more important items will continue to take a backseat. Personally, I like that they are puting some things in with 2.8 and making 2.9 a very big deal by end of summer. I would rather sit tight and wait for great content, than be handed not-so-great content every few months just because I feel the urge to race to the finish.

The only major flaw I ever saw with raiding, was the lightspeed progression just to beat another guild to the finish line. It's awesome if you can solve a Rubik's cube in 42 seconds, but I would rather enjoy mine and take a week or two to figure it out. :D

Over a year is way over "every few months". Once every 6 months, which is what I and some others in this thread think is appropriate, would still be considerably longer than "every few months"

I have to agree with others, there should have been a new ops scheduled for at least 2.8 or 2.9, though 2.7 would probably have been more appropriate. It shouldn't take 6 months just to increase the health and damage, and add a new mechanic or two to an ops.

Edited by MillionsKNives

There is no reason why Bioware/EA can't release new Ops along with the cool stuff they have planned over the summer. Like I said in a previous post, this isn't a poor company being run out of a garage.

Edited by ZETA_SCORPII

Over a year isn't "every few months".

I have to agree with others, there should have been a new ops scheduled for at least 2.8 or 2.9, though 2.7 would probably have been more appropriate. It shouldn't take 6 months just to increase the health and damage, and add a new mechanic or two to an ops.

Most MMOs have that one long dry spell in it. For WoW, the last raid of each expansion lasts 11+ months until the next big thing. This is not just someone BW pulled out of the darkplace smooching with their chair. It's pretty common. The other thing that is pretty common is every 90 days, raiders get bored because they completed 3 months worth of content in 2.5 weeks. If they were not in competition with other guilds in some race to the finish that only they care about, threads like this would not even be necessary. But, they will continue to play it fast and furious, and the rest of us will be slow and steady. BW knows where most of its "bread and butter" comes from, and it is the casual end of the swimming pool.

There is no reason why Bioware/EA can't release new Ops along with the cool stuff they have planned over the summer. Like I said in a previous post, this isn't a poor company being run out of a garage.

You're right, it's not. It is a large company with facts and figures to support its reasons for what it does. I hate Blizzard with a fiery passion, but at the end of the day, it is their game, and their choice for what they do. Even if they do make horrible design choices, pick some of the worst themes from a dart board, and then create an entire expansion using an asian culture in a fantasy MMO. It was World of Warcraft, not Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.

Same with BW. They are a small team who have to pick and choose what goes in next, and what is delayed. Sometimes, to bring in something BIG, you have to leave out something small. I will be more worried when they leave out something big just to bring in something SMALL (like Warlords of No Content).

This point falls apart with the fact that we have not had a new Operation in 9 months, and it looks like its going to be at least another 4-5 months before we get one.

Most MMOs have that one long dry spell in it. For WoW, the last raid of each expansion lasts 11+ months until the next big thing. This is not just someone BW pulled out of the darkplace smooching with their chair. It's pretty common. The other thing that is pretty common is every 90 days, raiders get bored because they completed 3 months worth of content in 2.5 weeks. If they were not in competition with other guilds in some race to the finish that only they care about, threads like this would not even be necessary. But, they will continue to play it fast and furious, and the rest of us will be slow and steady. BW knows where most of its "bread and butter" comes from, and it is the casual end of the swimming pool.

Do you not enjoy raiding? You continue to classify those of us that do as locusts burning through content. Many of us enjoy doing several things in this game but you gotta keep the content you group up for fresh. I enjoy running old Ops and run them every week, I don't just clear something and then I'm done with it. Back when I played this game solo I was told that I was stupid because this is a MMO, now I find casual raiding to be very fun and enjoyable with others but the content needs to stay fresh imo. HM 55 FP's have been pretty much abandoned it seems as well.

As things stands now timeline between last and new tier of ops will be longer then 1 year... So yea I can sit tight for great content, waiting for 1 year for it bit out of my confront zone.

You're right, it's not. It is a large company with facts and figures to support its reasons for what it does. I hate Blizzard with a fiery passion, but at the end of the day, it is their game, and their choice for what they do. Even if they do make horrible design choices, pick some of the worst themes from a dart board, and then create an entire expansion using an asian culture in a fantasy MMO. It was World of Warcraft, not Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.

Same with BW. They are a small team who have to pick and choose what goes in next, and what is delayed. Sometimes, to bring in something BIG, you have to leave out something small. I will be more worried when they leave out something big just to bring in something SMALL (like Warlords of No Content).

Good point. Too bad someone with the guts like Steve Jobs had doesn't run this game, it's not like Star Wars is huge or anything :).

Do you not enjoy raiding? You continue to classify those of us that do as locusts burning through content. Many of us enjoy doing several things in this game but you gotta keep the content you group up for fresh. I enjoy running old Ops and run them every week, I don't just clear something and then I'm done with it. Back when I played this game solo I was told that I was stupid because this is a MMO, now I find casual raiding to be very fun and enjoyable with others but the content needs to stay fresh imo. HM 55 FP's have been pretty much abandoned it seems as well.

I don't believe in name calling, so the word locust is yours, not mine. I do enjoy raiding when given the time and chance. I also enjoy the occasional PvP when common sense escapes me ;)

Just because you personally do not burn through content does not mean the majority doesn't. In fact, I would encourage you to watch the next time a new OP is released. It's astonishing to check YouTube the following morning and search for videos on the new OP. There are usually dozens of vids from hardcore guilds wanting to be the first to stream it, the first to clear it, and the first to talk about it.

I've said before, I hope raiders do get their new content, but I cannot blame BW for slowing the release pace just a bit to keep people interested longer, rather than clear>unsub>wait.

Good point. Too bad someone with the guts like Steve Jobs had doesn't run this game, it's not like Star Wars is huge or anything :).

Jobs was good, but he had nothing to lose. The only reason Apple did so well, was because of how underhanded Jobs really was. You should check out his life story sometime. Also, in order to become the animal he was, he went through 30 years of taking orders from others. I would imagine BioWare doesn't have nearly the horde of mindless zombies willing to buy its products like Apple does.

Android could make a phone that prints money, parks your car, streams adult content into virtual 3D glasses, goes to work for you, and makes it so you only have to work 1 day a year, and an Apple Fanboy will still pick the iPhone. Until BW gets a following like THAT, who ever is in charge will never have the advantage Steve Jobs had. ;)

I don't believe in name calling, so the word locust is yours, not mine. I do enjoy raiding when given the time and chance. I also enjoy the occasional PvP when common sense escapes me ;)

Just because you personally do not burn through content does not mean the majority doesn't. In fact, I would encourage you to watch the next time a new OP is released. It's astonishing to check YouTube the following morning and search for videos on the new OP. There are usually dozens of vids from hardcore guilds wanting to be the first to stream it, the first to clear it, and the first to talk about it.

I've said before, I hope raiders do get their new content, but I cannot blame BW for slowing the release pace just a bit to keep people interested longer, rather than clear>unsub>wait.

Ok, clear>unsub>wait is not what a lot of us are doing. Most of us who enjoy Operations couldn't care less about who clears what first, it's about grouping up with different people and enjoying the content together. I pug a lot of Ops and each time it can be slightly different depending on the level of experience the group has. The existing Ops are very fun and I don't think anyone is suggesting they focus all their resources on new Ops, they just need to add new Ops every 6 months imo. Right now with the NiM they are only catering to a small portion of those who enjoy Operations. I'm glad hardcore raiders get that content but there needs to be a better balance for all of us.

Android could make a phone that prints money, parks your car, streams adult content into virtual 3D glasses, goes to work for you, and makes it so you only have to work 1 day a year, and an Apple Fanboy will still pick the iPhone. Until BW gets a following like THAT, who ever is in charge will never have the advantage Steve Jobs had. ;)

Yes because its not like Star Wars fans have been known to be rabid and irrational :p

Just because you personally do not burn through content does not mean the majority doesn't. In fact, I would encourage you to watch the next time a new OP is released. It's astonishing to check YouTube the following morning and search for videos on the new OP.

I understand the point you're trying to make.

But surely you recognize there's a distinction between "I cleared the new operation in 8 hours", and "we've been doing the same operation for 12 months"