[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

Aewu

Not trying to hold back snipers on anything but there are like 5 sorcs/sages in this game who are able to play pure dps specs of sage/sorc somewhat successfully, the rest are skank healers. So in the context of DPS specs you're no worse than anyone els.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to hold back snipers on anything but there are like 5 sorcs/sages in this game who are able to play pure dps specs of sage/sorc somewhat successfully, the rest are skank healers. So in the context of DPS specs you're no worse than anyone els.

i don't think any competent gs/sniper will complain about the DPS output capacity of the class

There is a gap in surv in this class, something similar with mara-sents

Skank healers are not that big of a problem unless there are skank tanks or dps who are wiling to switch stance for guard. Dps sorcs are in a better place than snipers cause if they whole enemy team decides to focus you and you are able to barrier after you used your adrenal/medpac/bubble/selfheal/sprint/knockback then their whole effort will be in vain while your team possible already killed one of their guys. Also, if the initially agreed target fails to die, there is hardly any further coordination.

Edited by Venjirai

Having limited the flash bang to one person and allowing any kind of grapple or choke to interrupt the covered escape has essentially doomed the sniper's chance of surviving multiple attackers.

Having limited the flash bang to one person and allowing any kind of grapple or choke to interrupt the covered escape has essentially doomed the sniper's chance of surviving multiple attackers.

Which is not really a problem, since snipers are no tanks. There's no reason why they should be able to survive multiple attackers.

Edited by Cretinus

Which is not really a problem, since snipers are no tanks. There's no reason why they should be able to survive multiple attackers.

Every class should be able to hold of multiple attackers for more than 3 seconds and should not be totally helpless against focus fire.

Every class should be able to hold of multiple attackers for more than 3 seconds and should not be totally helpless against focus fire.

Sure, but 3secs a sniper will survive too. When it comes to focus fire + perma cc everybody will go down pretty quickly, unless it's a tank or a healer.

Powertech: Kolto Override

Merc: Kolto Override + (uninterruptible bubble talent) (ok, so Mercs aren't looking so great)

Sorc: Force Barrier + post-Force Barrier absorb shield (because who doesn't want to cleanse all debuffs and effectively reduce all DCD's by 10secs)

Jugg: Enraged Defence

Mara: Undying Rage

Sin: Shroud + Deflection

Operative: well.. nothing... because BW isn't capable of balancing a burst glass-cannon stealther

So, there's pretty strong precedents for "surviving multiple attackers"

Edited by ambitiousapple

(ok, so Mercs aren't looking so great)

If you check the leaderboard, Mercs and Sniper are, at the moment, the worst two classes to play (in arena). Wasn't the forum full of melee whining about ranges will dominate?

Edited by DerTaran

If you check the leaderboard, Mercs and Sniper are, at the moment, the worst two classes to play (in arena). Wasn't the forum full of melee whining about ranges will dominate?

They dominate in normal warzones but arenas is another case.

They dominate in normal warzones but arenas is another case.

We rock in warzones cause we have area denial for nodes and immunity to cc. Only real way to compete in actual ranked against a cc team now is prep your pyro nades and use a few gearing changes that help your survivability. Then you have to be against a wall and force your team to cradle you there and pray to god the other team doesn't LoS you. All in all you pretty much have to be carried. No real reason to take a sniper over a jugg right now seeing as the entire middle tree is broken beyond belief right now. It's a moving sniper with more dps and better CDs.

Edited by windogie

Regs I am almost always top dps/kills

Ranked always first focused. I challenge any sniper/gs to survive 3-4 vs 1 more than 15-20 sec...

Unless the other team are complete morons I am dead that's a guarantee... Doesn't matter how good you think you are or even how geared you are there's just not enough survivability to avoid being cc locked inside this 15-20 secs...

IMHO Merc/Commando (mobility/same burst output + heavy armor and self heals)

PT/Van (mobile--same high burst--heavy armor)

Jugg/Guard (Heavy armor + same high burst dmg)

Shouldn't a sniper have an avg higher dps than these at least or full ignore armor of these Heavy armor mobile bastards? Or higher cc immunity....

Edited by Hialot

Please tell me this isn't true. Arena is dominated by sorcs, sins, and jugs...now you want to give sniper even more abuse by buffing their anticlasses. I'm not mad, I'm just deeply upset because yesterday I had to retire my engi sniper form arena that I have been playing since season 1.

2.8 class changes was my last hope...but even that is crushed. Please don't say something like "sniper ratings are high"....go look at the servers they are from. So, sorry if you're not on bastion or pot5 then you have so easy.

EDIT: I'm not talking about a dps buff, snipers are class cannons.

Dominated by Sorcs?

Not on my server.

Dominated by Sorcs?

Not on my server.

Any half decent can sorc can play it properly, it's so hard to get to them because they are free to kite 24/7. Idk what server you are on, but it must have a lot of bad players. Sorcs are the most annoying things for me as a sniper, and the sorcs do great damage with the freedom to kite. Jugs are even worse, and sins well they can take 70% of my hp in 3 gcds if I use one cd at the wrong time. Imagine two.

all i know is if i am in solo ranked and if i know my gunslinger is good i do everything in my power to extend their

life(while specced dps) the longer they live the more likely our team is going to win.a stun here a grenade there goes

a long way.its a team thang we need each other to survive that inertial burst..

Melee are kind of overpowered too to non-snipers. They have no difficultly staying in range of most classes so I don't understand the justification of their damage bonuses, CC immunities, etc. (in PvP). But that's another topic.

Snipers are the most overpowered ranged class in the game.

That is why you are focused first. And stating you need further buffs to compensate for players' reaction to how overpowered and dangerous you are is absurd. Why not allow healers to use all heals while on the move? Why not make all heals instant too? God forbid they get focused first, right?

I'm currently playing gunnery Commando. I have less DPS than a sniper, less CC, less durability (heavy armor my ***) and I also have to stay still. Only I get no cover defense bonuses, no 35m range, no leap immunity nor tons of CC to keep people at bay. My Scoundrel can last longer than my commando with medium armor. And guess what? I get focused... ALOT. Scoundrel? Not so much. Even then the Scoundrel has a few tricks to survive. But even focused snipers last longer than I do. I rely on letting others fight first and then coming in afterwards when the enemy player's kill score tunnel vision has been activated so that I don't get focused.

Snipers need a DPS reduction or no defense reduction. If you are going to melt people's health AND have all that CC you need to be as brittle as all hell when someone actually reaches you to balance it out. You can't have the highest DPS and durability akin to a freaking DPS juggernaut (w/o defensive CDs). Oh, AND have just about the best damn CC in the game. It's overkill.

Any sniper complaining about their class sucks at being a sniper. Period. No if's, and's or but's.

Solo ranks are not for snipers at all.

No mobility, Med armor. Pt's/Van, merc/commando, jug/Guard dps all do the same or higher bursts with full mobility and heavy armor= crap survivability for a sniper in any arena...

A Sniper must be on a team with a special kind of healer to even attempt Solo RWZ's because they will always be the first target. IMHO they need Higher burst than any heavy armor class plus a temp immunity like Hydraulic Override's or force shroud.

Too many times have I been focused n dead before out of the first set off cc's have me white bar to release.

I agree with you when I play on my sniper and there is good healer I do fine but no healer and I die fast. If I’m in cover sin will take me of cover with stun, jug or mara jump next stun, death. If I use my entrench as I did see him coming he retry and wait, entrench run out and then they attack.

If I’m on the move same.

But if I survive first 5-10 sec of combat its fine I can kill something.

But this is why BW will have hard time to fix this as fix its need it only for solo ranked. In guild groups your healer or tank will know what to do and after 10 sec you are deadly. If they give us more in organize groups sniper will be OP. it’s very hard class to balance as we need cover.

Melee are kind of overpowered too to non-snipers. They have no difficultly staying in range of most classes so I don't understand the justification of their damage bonuses, CC immunities, etc. (in PvP). But that's another topic.

Snipers are the most overpowered ranged class in the game.

That is why you are focused first. And stating you need further buffs to compensate for players' reaction to how overpowered and dangerous you are is absurd. Why not allow healers to use all heals while on the move? Why not make all heals instant too? God forbid they get focused first, right?

I'm currently playing gunnery Commando. I have less DPS than a sniper, less CC, less durability (heavy armor my ***) and I also have to stay still. Only I get no cover defense bonuses, no 35m range, no leap immunity nor tons of CC to keep people at bay. My Scoundrel can last longer than my commando with medium armor. And guess what? I get focused... ALOT. Scoundrel? Not so much. Even then the Scoundrel has a few tricks to survive. But even focused snipers last longer than I do. I rely on letting others fight first and then coming in afterwards when the enemy player's kill score tunnel vision has been activated so that I don't get focused.

Snipers need a DPS reduction or no defense reduction. If you are going to melt people's health AND have all that CC you need to be as brittle as all hell when someone actually reaches you to balance it out. You can't have the highest DPS and durability akin to a freaking DPS juggernaut (w/o defensive CDs). Oh, AND have just about the best damn CC in the game. It's overkill.

Any sniper complaining about their class sucks at being a sniper. Period. No if's, and's or but's.

I don’t thing you do play sniper all my cc brake on damage even with my interrogation probe and fire I cannot stop commando as they immune to everything, I play merc and they very hard to kill unless you just standing there to be kill. Sniper have no option they need to be in cover on your commando you have option you can hide and pop out do damage hide pop out do damage hide, heal etc sniper die in 1vs1 with commando. If you can not kill sniper on your commando you have much to learn.

I play every class in this game and I thing sniper are the weakest if played against people who know how to play. People sometimes relog to tell me that my wall bang its OP as I did kill him over 10 times in 1 WZ, I say its not why you did jump to me and did fight standing 2m away, move to 4 at 90 degree and you get 0 damage many people know how to fight snipers and they will always kill sniper. I can fight on any class against sniper and he will have hard time to kill me and definitely wall bang will do 0 damage to me even if I’m on mara or jug its all about position.

perhaps you should put on your glasses when you look at the leaderboard again.:p

i dont know guys, what is your problem with the current sniper? sniper is totally fine, it just lacks one good survivability tool, which we will get... in 3 years tho.:rolleyes:

all 3 specs are viable and playable in arena, but only if you can play them or the sniper in general.

also, if the situation in arena on your servers is a bit difficult for a sniper, then adapt your playstyle to it, if you cannot do that, perhaps you should just reroll - no offense.

I don’t thing you do play sniper all my cc brake on damage even with my interrogation probe and fire I cannot stop commando as they immune to everything, I play merc and they very hard to kill unless you just standing there to be kill. Sniper have no option they need to be in cover on your commando you have option you can hide and pop out do damage hide pop out do damage hide, heal etc sniper die in 1vs1 with commando. If you can not kill sniper on your commando you have much to learn.

I play every class in this game and I thing sniper are the weakest if played against people who know how to play. People sometimes relog to tell me that my wall bang its OP as I did kill him over 10 times in 1 WZ, I say its not why you did jump to me and did fight standing 2m away, move to 4 at 90 degree and you get 0 damage many people know how to fight snipers and they will always kill sniper. I can fight on any class against sniper and he will have hard time to kill me and definitely wall bang will do 0 damage to me even if I’m on mara or jug its all about position.

You're thinking about assault/pyro commandos who can move and do damage. And even then I don't see how you'd have issues with them given your insane DPS. A gunnery commando CANNOT deal any serious damage while running around. Anything you have worthwhile requires you to stand and wait on a cast timer. And even then it's **** DPS compared to you. Your skills do more damage with no cast times. You do the math. I think ambush is the only sniper ability with a cast time. Everything else is on GCD. In fact, if a g commando tries ducking a hiding, hitting you with little bits of lite "mobile dmg" over time your abilities still hit as they were triggered before you take cover (i.e. instant). The only class you'd have issues with is the DOT spec sorc/sage - IF - the environment had objects to hide behind.

Congrats. You suck at being a sniper. I wish they were all as bad as you. And believe me, I'm not saying this in jest or to be mean.

This is what a jug does to me. Leap, is then immune to all CC, while ravaging me (knockback and cyro don't work b/c of CC immunity). I can't move b/c I'm rooted. So all I can do is sit there and take it with my ****** DPS barely doing anything to him. So after losing half my health in the first 5 secs the melee proceeds to choke me (which does dmg itself) and light me up with white dmg. Then push me away and jump back on me. I have no defense against this. It's complete bs. (please tell me I'm missing something b/c it's kinda depressing really) There is literally no possible way I can do anything but be beaten like a ragdoll. But you want to complain?

That jug can't even leap to you and get cc immunity. He can't do **** to you unless you suck. If that jug can even reach you he's dead or near dead.

Someone please tell me the immunity leap thing is a hack... I mean seriously, Bioware?