[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

Aewu

Please tell me this isn't true. Arena is dominated by sorcs, sins, and jugs...now you want to give sniper even more abuse by buffing their anticlasses. I'm not mad, I'm just deeply upset because yesterday I had to retire my engi sniper form arena that I have been playing since season 1.

2.8 class changes was my last hope...but even that is crushed. Please don't say something like "sniper ratings are high"....go look at the servers they are from. So, sorry if you're not on bastion or pot5 then you have so easy.

EDIT: I'm not talking about a dps buff, snipers are class cannons.

Edited by Aewu

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know...I can pop reactive shield and hydrolic overrides and still be half health before I get within 15m of a sniper. so cry me a river. the white dmg buff you got made your stuff crazy. you cannot be CC'd. you need to take a step back and breathe. your class is fine. if anything it hits too hard. but let's make a deal, dump all that extra dps you got from the white dmg "fix," and you can have another entrench. lord knows, you have such difficulty casting anything. Edited by foxmob

you know...I can pop reactive shield and hydrolic overrides and still be half health before I get within 15m of a sniper. so cry me a river. the white dmg buff you got made your stuff crazy. you cannot be CC'd. you need to take a step back and breathe. your class is fine. if anything it hits too hard. but let's make a deal, dump all that extra dps you got from the white dmg "fix," and you can have another entrench. lord knows, you have such difficulty casting anything.

Please tell me who gets focused first the sniper or merc. 9/10 it's the sniper, you can freely kite like a sorc without bubble, you're mobile while I need cover. Even when I play leth(mobile spec) I'm still just a weaker version of you. Mercs need a small defensive buff, but you also don't understand I'm talking about engi.

Edited by Aewu

Go sniper tank if your having probs with survivabilty my sniper has 40k health with 1396 bonus damage. Only works in eng though.

I've done it before it sucks, but why are you settling for less...BW needs to fix this.

Mercs need a defnsive buff, but you don't understand I'm talking about engi. Also please tell me who gets focused first the sniper or merc. 9/10 it's the sniper, you can freely kite like a sorc without bubble, you're mobile while I need cover. Even when I play leth(mobile spec) I'm still just a weaker version of you.

Yes but you have a flash bang for a reason, shatter shot>target acquired>cover cover pulse+laze target+explosive probe>ambush+instant snipe. That will give you about 16-20k damage up front an they won't have used a defensive cooldown since they were cc'd and it's one hit so it's very effective. Just gotta make sure they have used their stun break before hand.

Edited by windogie

I've done it before it sucks, but why are you settling for less...BW needs to fix this.

It works for me since I go more bursty than overall damage I just need to survive your onslaught and wait out your CDs then kill you quick. Having the health leeway helps for that.

Yes but you have a flash bang for a reason, shatter shot>target acquired>cover cover pulse+laze target+explosive probe>ambush+instant snipe. That will give you about 16-20k damage up front an they won't have used a defensive cooldown since they were cc'd and it's one hit so it's very effective. Just gotta make sure they have used their stun break before hand.

what?

lol

Pvp is not about getting one target down

Please tell me this isn't true. Arena is dominated by sorcs, sins, and jugs...now you want to give sniper even more abuse by buffing their anticlasses. I'm not mad, I'm just deeply upset because yesterday I had to retire my engi sniper form arena that I have been playing since season 1.

2.8 class changes was my last hope...but even that is crushed. Please don't say something like "sniper ratings are high"....go look at the servers they are from. So, sorry if you're not on bastion or pot5 then you have so easy.

Jugs are not the anti class to sniper. It's the other way around.

Edited by Telaan

Notice how thats listed under madness? That means that the dot from lightning charge's discharge will do more ovr time. This will not affect discharge for surging charge or dark charge :rolleyes:

And to add onto that the percentage of madness spec sins is almost 0 unless of course you offer them the AOE damage potential they require to be viable but other than that they will mostly stay deception.

Only class I did season 1 on was my sniper and I was over 1500 in under 15 matches. One thing I learned was that in most arenas (there is one where it is very hard on sniper) if the other team decides to focus you then they will pay for it dearly. You have great control and great kiting skills. You can also do great dmg during this period.

You just need to play very differently than you do in regs. Figure out if they are going to focus you before they get to you. Pre-kite them. If your team isn't completely retarded then at least 2 enemies will be dead before you are. Some rounds you will be top dps and kbs by a fair margin and some matches you will be your teams tank. It doesn't matter which way it is it only matters who wins.

Edited by DarthRaika

Solo ranks are not for snipers at all.

No mobility, Med armor. Pt's/Van, merc/commando, jug/Guard dps all do the same or higher bursts with full mobility and heavy armor= crap survivability for a sniper in any arena...

A Sniper must be on a team with a special kind of healer to even attempt Solo RWZ's because they will always be the first target. IMHO they need Higher burst than any heavy armor class plus a temp immunity like Hydraulic Override's or force shroud.

Too many times have I been focused n dead before out of the first set off cc's have me white bar to release.

what?

lol

Pvp is not about getting one target down

That is exactly what pvp is about. Ranked is actually built around single target burst now if you didn't notice. And eng isn't a AOE driven class anymore so what else are you gonna do spam corrosive dart and frag nade?

I understand buffing madness for sins.... but Sorcs lol???

Pretty sure sorcs don't need a buff, one of the ONLY ACs where all 3 specs are very viable in arenas, as well as a hybrid (so 4 specs)

Edited by scylence

I understand buffing madness for sins.... but Sorcs lol???

Pretty sure sorcs don't need a buff, one of the ONLY ACs where all 3 specs are very viable in arenas, as well as a hybrid (so 4 specs)

What buff? No change to survivability, no defensive, just a rather pitiful increase in damage to set against the fact that ravage, maul, rail shot etc are all hitting way harder now from bolster. No one is going to stop focusing the sorc as #1 target are they, because they drop like flies under focus.

Sniper Flash Grenade @ 30m should be single target (as it is currently)

Sniper Flash Grenade @ 10m should be AoE (as it was pre-nerf)

Until our roll is fixed so it doesn't rubberband you back to your origin position reliably, we have severely limited effective escapes against anti-knockback cooldowns (shroud, hydro overide, unremit)

MM is currently the strongest solo Q spec, since it has white damage burst in-line or slightly below decep, lightning and arsenal (all 3 of which have less-mitigatable yellow damage burst, some of which is not even casted). The fact that bads complain about MM's burst (like, 10k ambush if crit, 3.5k SoS ticks if crit? No 100% crit chance on these so who knows what RNG will provide) without considering the 12k chain lightnings, 10k lightning strikes, 12k deathfields, 12k mauls, 9k discharges, 5k + 12k tracer+heatseakers combos is laughable.

**** it, I wish I could throw down a ambush-sized burst without a cast bar too. No need to worry about LOS, invis, defletction, force bubble etc... Sounds like heaps of fun.

The problem isn't getting interrupted (hunker down solves that), rather that the AC is so simple and predictable that it's easy to counter. If you aren't LOS'ing or popping DCD's on ambush and series of shots, you probably shouldn't be in the solo Q to begin with.

Until something is done about Snipers in solo Q, it will continue to be a case of "blow everything you can as quick as possible before you get globalled" or "kite to stall as long as possible, and hope your team is competent enough to drop an enemy before you go down".

Thanks to the ranked 4's Q bug, I've gone F2P and will continue to only log on when people want to do ranked 4's. Solo is a waste of time when all you see is vengeance, decep, pyro and cheesey hybrid sorcs in solo.

---

TLDR: too much guaranteed burst provided by other classes due to offensive CD's. too little ways to defend against it in contrast to sniper casted abilities. bugs with our kiting ability continue to hamper survivability.

Edited by ambitiousapple

Solo ranks are not for snipers at all.

No mobility, Med armor. Pt's/Van, merc/commando, jug/Guard dps all do the same or higher bursts with full mobility and heavy armor= crap survivability for a sniper in any arena...

A Sniper must be on a team with a special kind of healer to even attempt Solo RWZ's because they will always be the first target. IMHO they need Higher burst than any heavy armor class plus a temp immunity like Hydraulic Override's or force shroud.

Too many times have I been focused n dead before out of the first set off cc's have me white bar to release.

ok Whenever im in an arena they focus me first unless there is a sorc. BUT I KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO!!

SO thats a pretty big advantage I'd say, knowing exactly what the other team will do?

I stay in back, I ROLL up to enemies putting on temporary entrench. Then I cc 2 yes 2 people by rooting a melee and flashbanging a rDPS. Then I commence to burn down the weakest of the other 2 while immune to CC. Then the other, while the other 2 wake up, I STILL have cc immunity cuz it lasts 23 freaking seconds. A melee comes up to me I roll away and root, dead. Then we clean up.

Having a sniper or GS on your ranked team is good if your sniper is good. Cuz it allows you to predict the other teams actions. People dont really know how to play snipers and die cuz they never move cuz they think they are a turret.

You can move now that hunker down/entrench continues when you are back in cover. Roll on cooldown, etc. Use your roots and tons of moves that they have...

I played my commando after being a sniper for a while. I feel naked without cover and my huge arsenal of CC and immunity to cc.

BUT HEY, if you guys want a sniper buff I'm all for it. 100%

Edited by Smuglebunny

ok Whenever im in an arena they focus me first unless there is a sorc. BUT I KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO!!

SO thats a pretty big advantage I'd say, knowing exactly what the other team will do?

I stay in back, I ROLL up to enemies putting on temporary entrench. Then I cc 2 yes 2 people by rooting a melee and flashbanging a rDPS. Then I commence to burn down the weakest of the other 2 while immune to CC. Then the other, while the other 2 wake up, I STILL have cc immunity cuz it lasts 23 freaking seconds. A melee comes up to me I roll away and root, dead. Then we clean up.

Having a sniper or GS on your ranked team is good if your sniper is good. Cuz it allows you to predict the other teams actions. People dont really know how to play snipers and die cuz they never move cuz they think they are a turret.

You can move now that hunker down/entrench continues when you are back in cover. Roll on cooldown, etc. Use your roots and tons of moves that they have...

Great to see you know how HD/Entrench works. You mustn't be a great player if the other team is unsuccessfully trying to CC you out of the equation instead of popping OCD's on you since you just closed the gap for them.

Sounds like the other team might be targeting you 'just because you're a sniper' rather than because you are a known threat to them.