Can we get some top designs with tasteful cleavage?

Right now tops for girls in SWTOR come in these flavors:

• Almost naked wearing basically a metal or fabric bra and nothing else. (Dancer/Slave suits)
  • An actual bikini top inside a jacket. (exclusive to Mira's set)
  • A very ugly mesh sports bra that looks like you're going to 24 Hour Fitness tonight. (Covert Energy)
  • A hideous strip of solid-color rectangular fabric wrapped around your chest and held together with a giant ugly metal clip at the back, with your belly and everything else exposed. (Jumpsuit, Casual Vandal, etc etc etc... vast majority of 'topless' outfits)
  • A less-hideous solid-color strip that at least is vaguely shaped like a bra (instead of a random hand towel you found in the laundry bin combined with a safety pin), so an improvement over the ugly rectangular tubetop look. (example: Dashing Hero)
  • A mis-aligned hole that inexplicably shows off only your underbreast, which is admittedly hot in a weird trashy way, but also kind of brazen and classless. (Daring Rogue, Dramatic Extrovert)
  • A completely solid top that totally cover your chest, possibly exposing (or covering) your arms (Vast, vast majority of outfits)

I am not complaining about any of these. OK... maybe the ugly rectangular fabric strips. Those suck. But still, I like the overall outfit designs and the wide variety of looks you can achieve, from "dedicated soldier" to "seductive smuggler" to "trashy club-hopper" to "psychotic lust-driven Sith" etc, etc, etc, etc.

But it would be nice to get some tops that look like something a confident woman would actually wear for everyday business. By which I mean:

• Your cleavage is visible (NOT the underside of your breasts...) in a classy / business-appropriate way. The look that says, "Yes I'm an adult, and yes I'm sexy, but yes you should take me seriously and no, I'm not open for business."
  • Your midriff, back, sides, etc. ARE NOT, because this is daywear, not clubwear. I love clubwear, but there's a difference.
  • You have an actual fashionable look like jackets, blazers, V-neck tanks, loose robes, etc. — you know, real clothing, not 'I have so many butterfly tabs in me right now, I do not know which direction the ceiling is in'.
  • NOT a boring solid-color T-shirt that covers everything, because that goes too far in the other direction and looks casual / lazy / lounging around on Sunday.

Let me give you an example. I have a Smuggler character. She's a daring, charming, seductive 'businesswoman'. She operates a 'legit' 'shipping' business as a front for her actual 'activities'.

RP-wise, she solves most of her problems not via gunfights, but simply being disarmingly charming and seductive. But she's still a businesswoman.

Right now, she wears the same trashy Drelliad Jacket she's had since level 12 — because it's the only thing that looks like a professional, yet also laid-back / casual, outfit a businesswoman would use while dealing with clients in a somewhat-casual environment (negotiating shipping contracts).

But that boring white shirt — ugh. It's so not-my-Smuggler. She'd have some nice neck jewelry and some tasteful cleavage, to help with the charm while still seeming professional.

Casual Vandal is a step in the right direction, but once again it's a clubhopping midriff chestpiece. And she simply wouldn't wear that, because while it fits right in when dealing with underworld smuggling contacts, it would cause people to not take her seriously in her 'legit' cover business dealings.

I know the subtle differences here may not make sense to people who don't think about these things IRL every day, but trust me, they matter. A jacket over a tube top + midriff sends a completely different message than a jacket over a V-neck shirt exposing a tasteful amount of cleavage, which sends a completely different message than a jacket over a simple white T-shirt exposing nothing.

Just, please Cartel team, consider adding some more options and variations to the female wardrobe. :) Breasts and torsos are much less binary than the current system of "SEXY" | "NOT SEXY". There's a gradient between those extremes.

Actually, I forgot a couple design examples:

• Relaxed Vestments. Still ugly rectangle of cloth around the chest, but the stylish 'swash' of fabric is really elegant and classy.
  • Sensuous Dress. Wow, it's not a midriff tubetop and there's no rectangle of fabric, yet it still looks sexy! Really pretty chestpiece.
  • Darth Sion. You guys actually took the time to make a custom, believable-looking sling for the ol' breasts, and it looks awesome and natural to the outfit.
  • Ambitious Warrior. It's a midriff top, but it actually looks dignified and athletic. You just look like a mobile, energetic combatant. And look! An exposed V-neck!

I'm just bringing these extra examples up to emphasize that I really do appreciate when you guys take the effort to do something different with a female top design, especially stuff that looks fashionable, plausible, dignified, etc. but still offers some allure and exposure.

We notice. We like it. We use it. Please add more.

Please scale back on the Generic Safety-Pinned Rectangle of Breast Coverage™ and the Let's Go Clubbing Midriff Tubetop™ solutions to making the female version of chestpieces.

Like — really — I like clubbing with my midriff exposed. But we have enough options there. More variety please, like you did with the above mentioned pieces. :)

And yeah, to reiterate — some tasteful cleavage that looks like something you'd actually wear in daylight!

I am stuck with Mira and Unfettered Trench on all my "sexy but serious" girls. The rest wear heavy armor - full body, so that`s not an issue.

I DO support your request, because I don`t have many options either, between "trashy naked" and "playful naked".

Since many of the sexy tops have multiple releases/variations (which also has the effect of making them cheaper), how about a new reskin of the Sensuous Top, perhaps in a more fabric-y material instead of scale-mail.

Also, +1 to some kind of v-neck/plunging neckline tops.

I agree with the sentiments of the OP fully.

With only a few exceptions, you basically have a choice between; "Me love you long time, only five dolla for GI Joe" and "We sell quilts at discount price, living in an Amish paradise".

...and those tube tops really have to go. You guys really have to stop getting your fashion inspiration from "People of Wal-Mart".

I agree with the sentiments of the OP fully.

With only a few exceptions, you basically have a choice between; "Me love you long time, only five dolla for GI Joe" and "We sell quilts at discount price, living in an Amish paradise".

...and those tube tops really have to go. You guys really have to stop getting your fashion inspiration from "People of Wal-Mart".

Now now, if they were going for People of WalMart they would have made female body type 4 the same heftiness as male body type 4, for that skimpy clothed muffin-top nastiness ;)

Seriously though, I agree with the OP, sensuous top and miras jacket are a step, but we need more, because the repurposed tube top has been way overdone.

Thank you though for moving us out of the original launch amish (layers, layers, and more layers) and red light (****** slave, ****** slave, and yet more ****** slaves) districts.

More skirts would be nice too. :)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I agree with the OP almost entirely! We need many, many more female top options along the lines of the Sensuous Dress, say, that are sexy without being trashy. Trashy has its place, and I'm glad it's an option in the game, but how 'bout some stuff that says "sexy and classy" as well?

• NOT a boring solid-color T-shirt that covers everything, because that goes too far in the other direction and looks casual / lazy / lounging around on Sunday.

This is the one bit I disagree with -- simply because I'd like to see that basic T-shirt. We don't have anything like that yet. If you want a look that says "lazy Sunday," all you have to go with is the ugly sports bra look of the Covert Energy Torso. I'd love to see something like the tank top used on the new Lara Croft model, for instance:

http://www.markettiers4dc.com/images/work_page/the-new-lara-croft-2013.jpg

This would be in addition to the stuff the OP wants, of course. But "lazy Sunday skimpy" is a look we need just as much as classy skimpy. :)

Fully agree with the OP. I've been waiting for ages for some decent looking female outfits.

...and that damn ugly tube top they insist on using for everything.

This ugly thing was pretty much the straw that broke the camels back for me.

http://puu.sh/6JIH3

Was doing this: http://puu.sh/6JIIM so difficult?

I would also personally like to see this or something like this:

http://puu.sh/7fizH

Fully agree with the OP. I've been waiting for ages for some decent looking female outfits.

...and that damn ugly tube top they insist on using for everything.

This ugly thing was pretty much the straw that broke the camels back for me.

http://puu.sh/6JIH3

Was doing this: http://puu.sh/6JIIM so difficult?

I would also personally like to see this or something like this:

http://puu.sh/7fizH

These are nice.

While I'm not too concerned about it, I suppose I can see where the OP is coming from.

After all, I feel as though the tops say either "WATCH OUT FOR SPACE STD'S" or "I'm a married 30 year old who has 2 kids and works a low paying job" with not many tops saying things like "I'm a girl, but I can still kick your face in."

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for sure on this thread. Things got better recently with the combo Sensuous Chest + Visas Legs & Waist, but I don’t always feel like going to a ball.

Also, a nice pencil skirt would be nice. The Naga armor add an oki skirt but it would be nice to have one that go to the knee.

Finally, pretty please, add some nice shoes (or since you seems to love boots so much, some more fashionable boots) with some little heels would be great.

PS: a little off topic but would be genial if you could extract dye like other items modification. They would still be bound but buying x million do have a nice dye every time you feel like changing appearance for like a couple day is really expensive.

• 2 months later...

I agree with the OP. Tasteful cleavage is great!

Also, it would be great to have some more options for "not completely clothed" males. A lot of the outfits that look great on girls (Sensuous Dress Top) have complete coverage for guys and it's puzzling.