A sneak peek from James Ohlen

StephenReid

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont want to complain about much just one thing PVP please fix it we need more options with it like

World pvp

you could have implemented capture the flag type methods on different planets bonuses to fighting with players capturing city's literally have your server care about whats happening to its bases or tower points whatever you'd wanna label it as but this is star WARS right i want the feeling of war between the empire and republic not the feeling of npcs angry at each other i want to care about wanting to kill my enemy's

war zones well there's not to much we could do about balancing issues aside from cross server matches or just a reason to want to pvp more like much more rewarding items mounts

exclusives tournaments

honestly it would be nice to be able to go neutral and not work for anyside so you could kill anyone you want like original EQ pvp servers rallos zek and talon zek it didn't matter if you were a quote on quote the 'good guy' or 'bad guy" race if you wanted to kill your race you could if you wanted to be friends with whoever you wanted you could and you could talk to your enemy's what is this **** that we can talk **** to the republic what are they aliens do they not speak the galactic common-speak *** is this **** OBI-Wan and Darth *********** Vader always talked there **** to each other so why cant i laugh in my enemies face and cuss-them out for killing me or they do that for killing them all this may be hard to implement but i say why not make a server like that so it gets rid of all these "players" that are on pvp servers that dont want to pvp or complain about getting ganked on a pvp server let the bloodshed flow free for alls and not just huttball gosh darn it

I think capturing and holding bases to help influence PvP bonuses like in DAOC would be awesome. It would be even cooler if the PvP bonuses carried over into the warzones.

I never thought I'd say it but definitely have some extremely difficult endgame content that rewards the best guilds with the best rewards. Easy content destroyed my guild in another game. We were a top 100 US guild with at least 50 players online each night. We had the time of our lives and the difficulty ( which at first seemed as if it would hurt us) actually created enough turnover so that we had active recruitment and almost anybody with the maturity and the sand to tackle the toughest challenges on our server had an opportunity to join and flourish among us.

Once the content became trivial, we became idle and eventually just evaporated. Sad. Nothing wrong with having a few encounters that take a month to figure out and gear up for. Or legendary items of great power of limited number on a server. It doesn't mean you can't have encounters for the casual players and pugs- they are very different things and very different types of players for each style of content.

[James asked me to post this on his behalf; he's working hard on the content below! - Stephen]

A lot of people have been asking for more information on our future plans. What are we going to provide for players in terms of features and content? While we've given some information on what features we're working on, we haven't given much detail about content. We've said that we'll be providing new Flashpoints, Operations and Warzones. Now we'd like to give some more details on what they are.

Next month we're going to be releasing a new Flashpoint and an expanded Operation. The new Flashpoint involves a plague that could have significant repercussions across the galaxy. It takes place on a brand new world and involves some pretty epic battles. I can't go into much detail, but be prepared for something different. The expanded Operation takes the existing Karagga's Palace scenario and more than triples it in size. It includes three new boss monsters and some pretty epic set pieces. You won’t believe the last boss, so we’ve provided an image as a tease.

[See the screenshot on the Community Blog.]

We plan to continue releasing Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones and new game systems on a regular cadence. This patch coming early next year is only a taste of what is to come. Stay tuned for more announcements!

I'd prefer you fixed the graphics bugs with the emitters that go crazy, the DX11 bug (rare but happens), the worst UI I've had in an MMO since I played UO all those years ago...

No, I lie. The UO interface was better... Worst MMO UI ever.

No it cant.

Plus like it has been said many times before, New content and Bugs is apples and peaches, 2 totally different things.

Please educate yourself.

lol. Thing is what we're saying and what you're thinking we're saying is not the same thing. In fact, we're generally speaking in idioms.

We know they are different teams. We have the problems of today would rather have posts that tell us what the bugs are and what they're doing to fix them. Instead of propaganda about future plans.

So we tell them that in our idiomatic way.

And, btw, apples and peaches are members of Rosaceae and are related. As they are both related to roses, loquats, apricots and many other trees and shrubs...

Edited by Blackfriar

Can't wait guys, awesome!

Just please, PLEASE never make us pay for DLC! Expansions like what WoW does would be fine but never DLC like the free to play games...though something tells me Bioware realizes this already, so *thumsup*.

I know this is a week late in response but James Ohlen said in an interview that they will not charge us for major content updates to the game and may or may not charge us for expansions. I really think they won't charge for expansions though. They will just release em for download..

the skill delay, animation-plays-but-skill-has-no-effect and FPS drop in WZs is killing this game faster than the black plague

but hooray, we are getting a new flashpoint! :rolleyes:

love to see you guys at BioWare know how to prioritize things

Edited by blackcerberus

TBH I'd rather they focus on fixing the release bugs than releasing new content. I'm not saying release bugs like it's a bad thing, we all knew they were going to be there, I just think they should be the only priority at the moment instead of adding new content for the people who rushed to max level. Edited by Rinkitink

Yes...yes...BW has stated many times before that the bug's will be handled.

BW has said many times that they have 2 TEAMS working on the game.1 for bugs and maintenance, the other for updates. Im not a big gamer, and this info was easy to find!

Yes...yes...BW has stated many times before that the bug's will be handled.

BW has said many times that they have 2 TEAMS working on the game.1 for bugs and maintenance, the other for updates. Im not a big gamer, and this info was easy to find!

Then every single person on the bug/maintenance team needs to be reconsidered.

I know this is a week late in response but James Ohlen said in an interview that they will not charge us for major content updates to the game and may or may not charge us for expansions. I really think they won't charge for expansions though. They will just release em for download..

Yes but before we all get too excited remember they also said

We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players.

And well we see that is not what they are doing

Edited by Kaarina

I cant help but laugh at all the people demanding to be able to pick their warzone because all they get stuck into is huttball...

my number 1 question for these people is: Did you roll Imperial?

If so, sucks to be you, thats what you get for joining an overpopulated faction, roll republic and you wont have that problem

Ah, yes, Mr. "I can't comment but BioWare loves Macs"... :raiseOneEyebrow:

I asked Santa to bring us SWTOR for Mac, and he said all the best games launch or are soon ported to Mac OS. I hate cryptic answers, but he did mention that Blizzard says thanks for not taking *all* their subscribers this Christmas. :p (I'd estimate how many, but BioWare and EA already port or release Mac+Windows games, so I couldn't tell you anything you dont already know. I can say there are a lot of not only Mac-only but also multiple-computer households that play those other cross-platform MMOs that would greatly appreciate it.)

Great to see BioWare isn't going to take off the next year or so. And congrats on a such a huge and successful launch. ("How many millions?! Are you insane?!") I look forward to seeing what the new year (and beyond) brings.

Install windows on your MAC by using the bootcamp feature. You issue is now solved.

[James asked me to post this on his behalf; he's working hard on the content below! - Stephen]

A lot of people have been asking for more information on our future plans. What are we going to provide for players in terms of features and content? While we've given some information on what features we're working on, we haven't given much detail about content. We've said that we'll be providing new Flashpoints, Operations and Warzones. Now we'd like to give some more details on what they are.

Next month we're going to be releasing a new Flashpoint and an expanded Operation. The new Flashpoint involves a plague that could have significant repercussions across the galaxy. It takes place on a brand new world and involves some pretty epic battles. I can't go into much detail, but be prepared for something different. The expanded Operation takes the existing Karagga's Palace scenario and more than triples it in size. It includes three new boss monsters and some pretty epic set pieces. You won’t believe the last boss, so we’ve provided an image as a tease.

[See the screenshot on the Community Blog.]

We plan to continue releasing Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones and new game systems on a regular cadence. This patch coming early next year is only a taste of what is to come. Stay tuned for more announcements!

at this point yeah new content would be great, but just fix the game. fix the ui which is still broken, fix kira which is still broken, fix the graphical issues, fix ability lag, and fix your csr's.

at this point yeah new content would be great, but just fix the game. fix the ui which is still broken, fix kira which is still broken, fix the graphical issues, fix ability lag, and fix your csr's.

Those type of bug fixes are usually strapped onto content patches. So chances are we get the new content with a plethora of bug fixes. Unfortunately new bugs will rear their ugly heads. Oh the life of an MMO.