Two Things That Starwars The Old Republic Needs Badly

Gestas

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you people who are against dual specs, cheap respecs, and dungeon finder need to go back to Everquest.

I forgot to mention in my original post that SWTOR also needs a re-class option. How many times have you been in a group that would have greatly benefited from the skills of a particular class that nobody was playing?

We should be able to change the class of our characters in-game whenever we want, for a fee of course. After all, players shouldn't be punished for choosing a class that they knew nothing about! But don't make the fee too expensive. We don't want this to turn this game into a grind-fest for money!

Edited by Gestas

All you people who are against dual specs, cheap respecs, and dungeon finder need to go back to Everquest.

I forgot to mention in my original post that SWTOR also needs a re-class option. How many times have you been in a group that would have greatly benefited from the skills of a particular class that nobody was playing?

We should be able to change the class of our characters in-game whenever we want, for a fee of course. But don't make the fee too much money. We don't want this to turn this game into a grind fest for money!

So you basically want a game where you can do whatever you want, with absolutely no restrictions? Got it.

So you basically want a game where you can do whatever you want, with absolutely no restrictions? Got it.

Restrictions = bad. They discourage experimentation, create frustration, and breed elitism!

Edited by Gestas

I see what ya did there.

And also..completely amazed by the staggering amount of people that didn't get it. Props for sticking with it so long too. It's almost too easy, and yet too funny to stop. I swear sometimes these forums remind me a town hall meeting in South Park. Rabble rabble rabble!

Edited by Exsidium

We should be able to change the class of our characters in-game whenever we want, for a fee of course. After all, players shouldn't be punished for choosing a class that they knew nothing about! But don't make the fee too expensive. We don't want this to turn this game into a grind-fest for money!

Maybe you should go back to WoW instead and be the greatest pokemon trainer in the world.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

the next step is a cross-server dungeon finder. That way, we will be able to group up with people that we'll probably never see again. Who wants to establish reputation, relationships or friends in a MMORPG? I sure don't.

Stopped reading here.

Cross server dungeons are a awful, awful, woeful idea and encourage terrible behavior (traits you may exhibit.. :detective:).

Edited by Boundd

Restrictions = bad. They discourage experimentation, create frustration, and breed elitism!

Not so much. Rules/Restrictions are there to make your choices count. All the AC's are versatile enough to allow experimentation through respecs and the various roles they can provide. I guess you just want to be able to change to the latest FTM spec as soon as elitist jerks posts what that will be.

Funny to see -

A). How few people read posts and threads before responding to a topic, and

B) How few people pick up on sarcasm.

Also, I totally agree with your intended sentiments. A server community is what makes the MMO experience exciting for me.

TBH I'm wondering when people are going to complain that they can't redo conversation choices and then another sarcasm thread is formed...

hmmm.... nah I can't troll worth ****.

I'm stunned by the amount of people who are so limited in their ability to comprehend sarcasm and satire. And people still say that reality TV doesnt make you stupid. how could anyone with any sort of wit read this and not see the sarcasm jetting from the op like blood from robin williams eyes in one hour photo

Funny to see -

A). How few people read posts and threads before responding to a topic, and

B) How few people pick up on sarcasm.

Can you really blame them? With the complete overload of the same subjects cluttering up the first page everyday, it gets to be too much effort to read 5 paragraphs to tell when it is a post to just screw with you or not. It is exhausting.

Edited by Baizak

seriously OP those are terrible ideas. What really needs to disappear is the idea of classes in general. Just give us every single skill available to every class and every talent. Why pay a fee when they are all there for the taking. And forget about a dungeon finder, what I want is to run into an open space and have some random unorganized event happen so me and whoever happens to be in the area can participate, get rid of the need for a dungeon finer and dual spec and these things become moot. Raiding is a boring concept, and so are guilds. MMO's should be more like FPS games like Call of Duty. Call of Duty, I can play for like 1 hour and get lots done.

Dungeon finder.

Dual specialization and cheap respecialization fees.

If you keep up with the news, you will see that:

Dungeon Finder - They have the tech for it, but purposefully did not activate it for launch because they feel it is better for a young MMO community to not have random groupings like that. You may disagree with that thought, but they do have good reasons.

Dual Spec - This is a planned feature.