The Dye Wishlist Thread

Well we have one for weapons and armor, so how about what we use to make them all pretty. :p

This isn't for complaining about how bad the Dye system sucks (sorry BioWare, I love you guys, but ... :() or demanding improvements.

Instead, let's be honest — even within this clunk-a-holic and awkward system, we can do some amazing things that were never possible before they brought in Dye Modules.

I think most of my characters have outfits that just flat-out would never have happened without dyes, and their cinematic leveling experience benefited so much from having that power.

And I want more power! More! So for now, working within the constraints of the system we have, what new additions would we like to see to the Dye system?

Here's my current wishlist:

OUTDATED DYES

• Stop making dyes unavailable. It's kind-of neat to make vintage old Speeders (like the Hoverchairs) and Armor Sets since those "last" a long time. But Dye is a quickly-used-up consumable, and it's very frustrating to have it go off-market completely since it's so much more ubiquitious in application than a single speeder or armor model.

• Perhaps once a Dye finishes its run inside a Shipment of packs, you could allow it to begin dropping inside normal Dye Module kits? Or a new 'Vintage Dye Module Kit' which can contain old dyes unavailable from packs?

MOAR COLORS

• More Pale colors. Right now you have a lot of frankly-garish and visually-painful BRIGHT + DARK combos that really take the subtlety out of outfits. I would prefer more dyes like Pale Blue / Pale Gray and Dark Gray / Black that allow you to create subtle, semi-realistic looking outfits. The X-Men are cool and all, but I don't want to dress like them.

• Things I would like to see are stuff like Pale Blue / White, White / Pale Blue, White / Mint Green, White / Light Gray, etc.

• Also more unique and interesting stuff the neon things you had in Shipment 2 (Medium Orange / Medium Green). Lately you've been doing really dull and bland recycling combos of the same simplistic Windows Paint color palettes.

• Also more subtle dark combos, along the lines of Dark Gray / Black.

MOAR IDEAS

• Dye Remover. An expensive consumable that allows you to extract a Dye Module for re-use. Market conditions will determine whether it's better to buy a Remover, or just buy a new module. I think this respects your (frustrating) design vision for Dyes while still allowing people some additional options to keep using their favorite colors, especially if they're now off-market.

• Special dyes — that add things like Glossy qualities to armor, Metallic reflectivity, Sparkle? Glitter? omg the possibilities! Pink glittering SPARKLE SITH!

I would be all for dye remover some dyes are so rare and expensive its actualy cheaper to buy new armor if I want new color then is to buy new dye.

like black/black is 4 million on my server so if I ever want to change things up I need a new suit cause no way would I remove a 4 mil mod just to change things lol

I would love more colors that are far less garish and eye-blearingly bright than most of the ones we have already. It's kind of obnoxious to find that a dye color looks like the saturation was jacked up to 11 in Photoshop, with little thought given to how it would coordinate with certain other colors (esp. the tertiary) on an armor.

Case in point: I'd love more colors in the same H/S/V range as the Thana Vesh armor*blue. Like grey-ish red, brown, green, et all. Or even the dark-ish blue on the Black Talon Inquisitor chestpiece as well.

And I'd love more creamy-like shades of brown, ivory, and yellow. Those would look quite lovely on certain Jedi Robes and a few casual-like gears. This Standard/Premimum chestpiece that Kira is wearing here (which I got on Alderaan) shows what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/de4Xc3ul.png

I'd also love the grey-ish purple color on this chestpiece (currently a Prototype/Artifact chestpiece, non-moddable):

http://i.imgur.com/sSpcnMLl.png

Basically, less intense saturations, more "subdued" colorings would be great.

Please BioWare I've been bumping my thread for 2 dyes (Primary deep Gray being 1 and the other a Secondary Deep gray) for over 6 months!!:eek:

Please add these dyes so i can finally make my armor set look exactly like in the cinematic trailers! (Eradicator's Warsuit is all black when the armor underneath the robe should be a dark gray) The current medium gray looks way too light on some armor sets and it would nice to finally have a deep gray of each kind to customize it better.:)

MEDIUM COLORS.

MEDIUM Blue, Red, Green, Purple secondary only.

Medium Blue Only or even a White and Medium Blue. = Ability to replicate most Republic Trooper NPCs. =D

Same for a Medium Red. or a Black and Medium Red. = Ability to replicate Imperial Trooper colors.

I feel that any color that's available in some kind of dye combination should also be available in a primary only version as well as a secondary only version. There really aren't enough choices if you just want to alter the primary or secondary color only on your outfit.

Those could be either: 1) new Artificer recipes; 2) new additions for direct purchase on the CM; 3) part of 2 new CM dye packs, the Primary Dye Pack, and the Secondary Dye Pack, where you only get primary and secondary dyes, respectively.

I also would like less garish, more subtle shades. Many of the bright, saturated colors work pretty well on heavy armor, but on most other things . . . not so much. :p

General suggestions:

Rich Purple -- something like the color of the Imperial Vindicator's Chestguard.

Rose Pink -- a medium dusty pink; the color that the Relaxed Jumpsuit pants become when color-matched to Imperial Bolted Body Armor.

Dark Teal -- a deep, warm green-toned blue.

Pale Aqua -- think the current Pale Blue, but warm instead of icy.

Cream White -- a creamy off-white.

Combos:

Rich Purple/Dark Grey

Cream White/Rose Pink

Rose Pink/Black

Black/Dark Teal

Pale Aqua/White

Navy Blue/Black

BLUE/White

Red/Gold

Black/Black

There are some blues but they are like baby blue... no... the only thing there is, is like Cartel Market stuff. I'd like to craft a straight up this color BLUE with white.

And is there a way to switch the color schemes of dye modules? So Instead of it being a brown hood green vest, it would be a green hood and a brown vest. If not I'd like to know if there are any plans for this. I think it would be really cool.

:)

Just for it to be said.

MOAR IDEAS

•  

• Special dyes — that add things like Glossy qualities to armor, Metallic reflectivity, Sparkle? Glitter? omg the possibilities! Pink glittering SPARKLE SITH!

Reflective metallic parts are not part of the dye scheme. It is part of the armor mesh two separate scripting patterns.

Look at the Triumvirate armor, it is reflective because the item armor model makes it so. Put in a Red-Black you make the Red sith armor from Kotor 1/2. and the Red is shiny. Put the Golden shiny C.Rep vendor chest on and unify it to Investigator's armor set minus the chest. will make it gold and black. But Shine is a Mesh. a coding tool to the armor specifically usually used for well. Metal or jewelry/ornamental parts of armor.

There is one certain colour i am really missing:

deep purple / black

and

black / deep purple

we already have dark purple / black and black / dark purple which looks awesome, but i'd love to combine my black robes with some deep purple either.

is there a chance we get this combination? i'd love it!

Something like this would be pretty awesome....

http://webpic.sgamer.com/albums/1/7646/c3d37.png

http://webpic.sgamer.com/albums/1/7646/24abc.png

http://webpic.sgamer.com/albums/1/7646/a0699.png

And this novel idea of being able to pick which color is in the primary and secondary slots on our own...:rolleyes:

Just for it to be said.

Reflective metallic parts are not part of the dye scheme. It is part of the armor mesh two separate scripting patterns.

Look at the Triumvirate armor, it is reflective because the item armor model makes it so. Put in a Red-Black you make the Red sith armor from Kotor 1/2. and the Red is shiny. Put the Golden shiny C.Rep vendor chest on and unify it to Investigator's armor set minus the chest. will make it gold and black. But Shine is a Mesh. a coding tool to the armor specifically usually used for well. Metal or jewelry/ornamental parts of armor.

Whether or not an item is flat or glossy is dependent on the specular mapping. Not the texture or the mesh files. It shouldn't be too difficult to create a new item slot that adjusts the "material" appearance (specular map) of an item. Plastic, leather, or metallic.

Edited by Vinak

I basically would love to have the Dye system remade in a way that all gear instead of having a Dye Module Slot they have a Primary Dye Slot and a Secondary Dye Slot, and that all the Dye items instead of being Primary/Secondary Dye Modules, they become just Dye Modules.

Why would I want something like that? well because if you haven't already guessed. With a system like that implemented, you can place any dye to the primary or secondary slot and combine it with any other dye of your choosing so your clothes can be a mix of any two colors you pick and it would save a lot of space and work time wasted on double color dyes. (Instead of having a black/Blue, Blue/Black,Red/Black,Black/Red dye you can make all those combinations with just a Black, Red and Blue Dye [and you also get a Red/Blue, Blue/Red combination] You only have to place them on the primary or secondary slot depending of the combination you want to get.)

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

1) Make ALL dyes craft-able, just make some of the matts rare (like MM Gen's, etc) and the schematic rare. Frankly, it makes zero sense that an Artifice can't craft all of them when they can a few, just because Bioware want's to make Cartel Coin money when they already make enough as it is. It's illogical. If you can craft one dye, then you can craft them all. Period. The dye system in this game is honestly garbage compared to other MMO's, and this is part of why.

2) Make dyes dye the entire outfit. Everything. Not with parts that dont dye like the cape of Cassus Fett or Bastila Shan's neck area of chestpiece or some of the silver area's of the Thana Vesh set. It flat out ruins the look of the dye and honestly makes dying it pointless when one color stands out and cant be fit to the rest. I am going to be honest, this is VERY frustrating. This needs to be addressed asap.

3) As has been suggested, give us a way to remove the dye without losing it. I am not paying 1mil for a single use dye. EVER. Not going to happen. That is just flat out ridiculous.

4) Collection Unlock of any Cartel dyes. This was something that should be have been done in the first place but was obviously not implemented because of EA's greed.

5) Dye system to be redone so we can choose Primary and Secondary colors together. Also giving us more than 2 choices like most MMOs have.

6) Start putting dyes in loot drops, or even the schematics.

Colors: Neon colors.

Neon Green and Black (full dye, as well as primary, and secondary)

Neon Pink and Black (full dye, as well as primary, and secondary)

Neon Orange and Black (full dye, as well as primary, and secondary)

Neon Yellow and Black (full dye, as well as primary, and secondary)

Neon Blue and Black (full dye, as well as primary, and secondary)

Environmental effect/aged dyes. Dyes that make your armor look like they have dirt, grime, scratches, and moss or environment on them.

Stripped dyes. Dyes that add lines or stripes to armor.

Design dyes. Dyes that add designs to armor. Such as tribal, runes, etc.

Bloodsplatter dyes. Dyes that have different blood splatter patterns on them.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I basically would love to have the Dye system remade in a way that all gear instead of having a Dye Module Slot they have a Primary Dye Slot and a Secondary Dye Slot, and that all the Dye items instead of being Primary/Secondary Dye Modules, they become just Dye Modules.

Why would I want something like that? well because if you haven't already guessed. With a system like that implemented, you can place any dye to the primary or secondary slot and combine it with any other dye of your choosing so your clothes can be a mix of any two colors you pick and it would save a lot of space and work time wasted on double color dyes. (Instead of having a black/Blue, Blue/Black,Red/Black,Black/Red dye you can make all those combinations with just a Black, Red and Blue Dye [and you also get a Red/Blue, Blue/Red combination] You only have to place them on the primary or secondary slot depending of the combination you want to get.)

^^^^^^^

YES!!!!!! this right here is what ive been thinking the dye system should have been all along

Personally, I hate that almost all colours available from reputation vendors are black / red /grey kinds of colours. Not a single reputation vendor colour has white ! I'll never understood, why. Is white considered as uncool ?

And, all in all, there are far too few white-based dye modules in the game anyway, in my personal opinion.

Everything's just black, grey, red. Yuck !

Id like to see primary black secondary gold and the reverse primary gold and secondary black. I also would like to see cartel dyes unlockable in collections like our other cartel items.

Yes this please, Dyes need to be in collections or reusable, they are to expensive whether they are bought with coins or off the GTN to not be.