Please make Legacy alt names autocomplete in mail "To:" line.

SW_display_name

Currently the names of characters on your Legacy do not auto-complete when you're sending mail between characters. Which is, the most important place for it to do so since I send a lot of mail between alts.

Whereas, the 100 people in my guild really don't need to be on autocomplete.

Now usually I would just go "Put your Legacy characters on your Friends list! It's always good to be friends with yourself!"

Well, yes, but try doing that cross-faction. =/

Make the names of everyone in your Legacy autocomplete in forms!

Currently the names of characters on your Legacy do not auto-complete when you're sending mail between characters. Which is, the most important place for it to do so since I send a lot of mail between alts.

Whereas, the 100 people in my guild really don't need to be on autocomplete.

Now usually I would just go "Put your Legacy characters on your Friends list! It's always good to be friends with yourself!"

Well, yes, but try doing that cross-faction. =/

Make the names of everyone in your Legacy autocomplete in forms!

/signed. This would be a nice QoL feature (even if it shouldn't be a major priority)

Considering that they are implementing Legacy Shared Storage...

Legacy Stronghold Storage – Unlock access to a new type of storage that is shared across your entire Legacy! (http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-de-hp-128 at the bottom of the page)

...the need to mail stuff between legacy characters will diminish.

That being said, I agree that this would be a good QoL enhancement.

Yes, a good idea. I think the background of the name-entry field should light up green when a Legacy name has been recognized, and once it's green you know automagically that the "Send" button can be pressed.

I think you'll get a warning message when you try to mail something to a stranger.

You can't mail cross faction to a stranger, but if you typo a name and that name exists on your side you can very well mail something off.

And unless Legacy Storage allows you to stow credits, that won't really totally solve the problem.

• 9 months later...

Bringing this back up to say yes, please!

Most of my toons have unconventional characters in their names (á,é,ñ, etc.) because the names I wanted were taken and I didn't want to change the spelling. I don't have a numpad on my laptop, so the only way for me to mail things cross-faction to one of my toons like Khána is to copy/paste the offending letter.

Please just add legacy toons to the dropdown. It would make life so much easier.

make an addressbook for the UI

the schematics list on crafting is a good start

button open addressbook -> opens a tree like vertical list that is populated only when pressing the + or applying a filter

+legacy

+guild

+friendslist

+ingroup/ops

aditional UI improvements:

* add send mail to the rightclick in:

selected char portrait

name in ops frame

name in friend/who/guild list

name in chat ( but please get a better spam filter )

Bringing this back up to say yes, please!

Most of my toons have unconventional characters in their names (á,é,ñ, etc.) because the names I wanted were taken and I didn't want to change the spelling. I don't have a numpad on my laptop, so the only way for me to mail things cross-faction to one of my toons like Khána is to copy/paste the offending letter.

Please just add legacy toons to the dropdown. It would make life so much easier.

^This.