So Operative/Scoundrel has knockdown removed, but Assassin/Shadow get to keep theirs

cashogy_reborn

The current 2.7 PTS build removes the knockdown from Hidden Strike, replacing it with a root. This is going to neuter Concealment Operative players in any form of a competitive environment.

Meanwhile, Assassin's are keeping the knockdown on Spike...... if I was an Operative player I would be livid.

2 specs, same overall role, but a huge disparity in overall effectiveness. Bioware, do not let this go live. Catering to bads is never, ever the proper way to balance the game.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Smugglers knockdown causes enemy players to rage more than any other move, that's why it's being nerfed.... It's sad because it's not even worth playing without the move, the humiliation and hurt it causes is too much fun to be allowed though :(

I teamed up with another Smuggler and noticed you can spam the knock-down! One of us would shoot first then the other just after the enemy had stood up again, didn't come across a class we didn't melt in seconds to be fair. Fun whilst it lasts I guess.

they are already struggling

They die so fast after The initial opener This is a really bad idea for this class.

^this

here's my experience. open on target. get in sab and one..maybe 2 sucker punches. get cc'd by other team and murdered before coming out of cc. yes. I have teammates. but an op is a really really squishy target.

scenario 2: open on someone. other team's stealth then opens on me. mhm. yeah. I'm so OP. scrapper/concealment is incredibly incredibly finicky. you have to have to hit at exactly the right time. read the situation exactly right. and even if you do everything right, you're still squishy as hell. and the slightest adjustment by the other team utterly neuters you.

Edited by foxmob

Shoot first does around 8500 damage. Spike does around 2000 damage. Assassin's sustained DPS is horrible. Scrapper does the highest DPS of all DPS specs (except rollbanging). That is why spike knocks people down. Without a knockdown, spike is literally useless. Most jedi shadows/assassins would love for spike to do 8500 damage. Edited by TheCourier-

The Smugglers knockdown causes enemy players to rage more than any other move, that's why it's being nerfed.... .

This. The move simply wasn't that dangerous. You can clip the standing up animation because the duration is so short. So long as you don't panic, it's just an annoyance.

But that's the rub. That's a seriously annoying move. It doesn't help that it procs Upper Hand/TA which causes the Scoudrel/Op to laugh at you. Assassins/Shadows do not open most of the time with Spike/Kick and they don't have the self-satisfied laugh.

But I would agree with the removal of Spike/Kick as a control. It's not needed.

Shoot first does around 8500 damage. Spike does around 2000 damage. Assassin's sustained DPS is horrible. Scrapper does the highest DPS of all DPS specs (except rollbanging). That is why spike knocks people down. Without a knockdown, spike is literally useless. Most jedi shadows/assassins would love for spike to do 8500 damage.

dude. sins don't NEED the kd. they pop shroud and they can continue their roto. scrapper gets CC'd immediately.

dude. sins don't NEED the kd. they pop shroud and they can continue their roto. scrapper gets CC'd immediately.

Assassin's opening rotation flows because spike procs maul. If spike didn't have a knockdown, then spike wouldn't be used, and assassins would skip spike and go directly to shock, discharge, then voltaic slash until maul proc.

The whole thread is basically a "waaaaaa scrapper got nerfed, so make assassin miserable".

Assassin is 100% fine as is.

Edited by TheCourier-

Shoot first does around 8500 damage. Spike does around 2000 damage. Assassin's sustained DPS is horrible. Scrapper does the highest DPS of all DPS specs (except rollbanging). That is why spike knocks people down. Without a knockdown, spike is literally useless. Most jedi shadows/assassins would love for spike to do 8500 damage.

Any shadow/sin would trade spike with the knockdown for hidden strike without the knockdown.

Bioware, catering to trolls who use "bads" as a noun is never, ever the proper way to balance the game.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Assassin's opening rotation flows because spike procs maul. If spike didn't have a knockdown, then spike wouldn't be used

Opening with spike is bad anyways, you're doing subpar DPS when you open with spike -> maul. It's better, DPS wise, to open with discharge -> shock straight away and save spike for when you need to interrupted someone's important cast from stealth.

Assassin's opening rotation flows because spike procs maul. If spike didn't have a knockdown, then spike wouldn't be used, and assassins would skip spike and go directly to shock, discharge, then voltaic slash until maul proc.

I'm already not using Spinning Kick at all unless I want to interrupt someone.

By using it, I'd waste the "surprise (mother****er) effect" by doing low damage and nearly shouting "hey beware, I'm going to beat you with all my might".

Edited by Altheran

Any shadow/sin would trade spike with the knockdown for hidden strike without the knockdown.

sure. as a scrapper with the tool kit of a deception, I'd gladly give away my kd for that opening burst. wait. no. you see...sins have this shroud thing and that blackout thing to stay in combat and continually deal dmg. both can cleanse and combat stealth once. sin can phase walk 60m away in a blink. scrapper has to have enough energy for 4-5 rolls to get that kind of separation. but hey. we have a long unbuffed heal.

I don't main a scrapper or sin, but having played both...scrapper is eating some seriously unwarranted nerfs. it's not so much that deception should be brought down with scrapper. but the similarities in their playstyles vs. the different ways BW treats them are pretty amazingly ridiculous.

Even if they did remove spike...its not like deception doesn't have another CC available too them :rolleyes:

I gave up on scrapper. Had him since somewhere around 1.2 or 3. Forget when I leveled him....doesn't matter though as I just deleted him a few days ago. Goodbye forever to one of the most fun specs that just gets nerfed constantly and will never be good because bads just cry about the spec even when it was terrible.

...doesn't matter though as I just deleted him a few days ago. Goodbye forever to one of the most fun specs that just gets nerfed constantly and will never be good because bads just cry about the spec even when it was terrible.

Sure ya did. Oh the drama, the QQ.

If you can't make scrapper work with a root instead of a knockdown, you're the "bad".

Edited by MotorCityMan

The whole thread is basically a "waaaaaa scrapper got nerfed, so make assassin miserable".

Assassin is 100% fine as is.

Says the Assassin.

This nerf ranks right up there with the some fo the best. Removing a core class ability that was present from DAY ONE, 2+ years later.

Well played.

Bravo.

** shakes head in complete disgust ** - like you just murdered a puppy ...