Convince me that Smash spec will not be obsolete now...

BalphoWan

You proved using math, that Carnage marauders can only use Predation once every Frenzy CD...that's what you proved. I showed u that even if you were to Pop hydraulics I'd still catch up to you. And I'm telling you, that merc can't kite me on my Mara OTHERWISE I wouldn't be killing them all the time! If you were smart you'd use power surge to cast an insta-heal so that I can't get u into execute range, that's what you'd do if you're smart.

Otherwise you wouldn't be killing them all along? That sounds about right. I don't believe you've killed anyone given how many times you were caught lying in this topic, the least of which is your angry claim that you were going to stop responding. You're even too embarrassed to acknowledge that you angrily shouted you were going to stop responding.

Why would I use power surge on healing or rapid scan? If you're CC'd by concussion missile, I have 8 seconds to heal to full anyway!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise you wouldn't be killing them all along? That sounds about right. I don't believe you've killed anyone given how many times you were caught lying in this topic, the least of which is your angry claim that you were going to stop responding. You're even too embarrassed to acknowledge that you angrily shouted you were going to stop responding.

Why would I use power surge on healing or rapid scan? If you're CC'd by concussion missile, I have 8 seconds to heal to full anyway!

Because you won't be able to get that Cuncussion missile off? You think I can't out burst your heals without using my interrupt seeing how you'll have a 20% healing debuff?

Edited by Tevzz

Because you won't be able to get that Cuncussion missile off? You thing I can't out burst your heals without using my interrupt?

I already told you that power surge makes concussion missile instant. You can't avoid it. While you're CC'd, I can heal to full and there's nothing you can do about it.

I already told you that power surge makes concussion missile instant. You can't avoid it. While you're CC'd, I can heal to full and there's nothing you can do about it.

Sigh and how exactly will you dmg me without breaking the CC? Unless you're trying to stall for time there's no way you're gonna win by just spamming heals.

Both of you need to stop.

This epicness needs a proper finish :D

Edited by Tevzz

Sigh and how exactly will you dmg me without breaking the CC? Unless you're trying to stall for time there's no way you're gonna win by just spamming heals.

Damage you why? You're talking about a healing mercenary. I just have to kite you and you've failed.

So after you embarrassed yourself by claiming that you weren't going to respond anymore, and then immediately lied about it, you claimed that predation counters electro net, ravage counters hydraulic overrides, and that concussion missile can't be cast instantly. I'm not going to tell you to learn your class this time. I'm going to tell you to learn ANY class. Any class at all...

Damage you why? You're talking about a healing mercenary. I just have to kite you and you've failed.

So after you embarrassed yourself by claiming that you weren't going to respond anymore, and then immediately lied about it, you claimed that predation counters electro net, ravage counters hydraulic overrides, and that concussion missile can't be cast instantly. I'm not going to tell you to learn your class this time. I'm going to tell you to learn ANY class. Any class at all...

Find where I said that and I'll hang myself -.-'' If I'm successfully keeping you to kiting and running you aren't healing anybody and you're team's getting whooped, how have you won?

Find where I said that and I'll hang myself -.-'' If I'm successfully keeping you to kiting and running you aren't healing anybody and you're team's getting whooped, how have you won?

Um, I'd have to heal someone else if you weren't attacking me. Healing myself or healing someone else really doesn't make a difference. It's actually better on my side, because you won't be able to touch me, due to kiting. That's not the case if you were doing damage to another marauder.

O wait did I mention a root every 12 seconds that has a 10m range with a 20% healing debuff? GG healz :rolleyes:

This was your solution to stopping a mercenary from running away.

Want me to post the angry quote where you claimed you were going to stop responding next? (Don't worry, I know you're too embarrassed to answer this part of my post.)

Um, I'd have to heal someone else if you weren't attacking me. Healing myself or healing someone else really doesn't make a difference. It's actually better on my side, because you won't be able to touch me, due to kiting. That's not the case if you were doing damage to another marauder.

This was your solution to stopping a mercenary from running away.

Want me to post the angry quote where you claimed you were going to stop responding next? (Don't worry, I know you're too embarrassed to answer this part of my post.)

Be my guest :D

It won't change the fact that THIS ALL HAPPENED:

Except that doesn't happen. Predation requires 30 stacks of fury. To get those you need to use up Frenzy which has a 150 second cool down. Once every two and a half minutes you can move fast for 10 seconds. Wow, that makes you about as lethal as concealment operatives. lmao I can tell you really thought that one through!

Please teach me how to get fury!!!

How much fury do you get for doing zero rage costing attacks because you're being kited?

Now again...I can generate that fury before the fight starts? And if there's other target around me (most likely will be since I'm melee) I can generate it off them.

Your CC break doesn't counter electro net, sorry.

Lol wut?

I proved this using math and then you raged out.

Lol, proved what exactly? That you don't know the basic marauder mechanics? Now, remind me of when exactly I raged, because writing in font 7 so that things attract your attention better, isn't raging, more like putting emphasis on stuff.

If you don't have stun break, you will be CC'd. Concussion missile and then heal to full. Once again, please learn your class.

Implying I won't have a DoT on me or some derp attacking me that won't break your Cuncussion? Lolwut? How often does that happen?

Off topic, do you see how many pages we've filled :D:D

Edited by Tevzz

Be my guest :D

Please teach me how to get fury!!!

Now again...I can generate that fury before the fight starts? And if there's other target around me (most likely will be since I'm melee) I can generate it off them. Lol wut? Lol, proved what exactly? That you don't know the basic marauder mechanics? Now, remind me of when exactly I raged, because writing in font 7 so that things attract your attention better, isn't raging, more like putting emphasis on stuff. Implying I won't have a DoT on me or some derp attacking me that won't break your Cuncussion? Lolwut? How often does that happen? Off topic, do you see how many pages we've filled :D:D

Your damage control here isn't even well thought out. Some derp is going to break my CC? Maybe that will be the deception assassin who will taunt you into impotence and then kill you in seconds because you die faster than rage marauders. You already had my attention, so I don't know why you're claiming you had to beg for more attention from me. Do you find yourself constantly begging for attention from others, or is this the first time?

I'm done quoting you, you're freaking incompetent.

You're really, really bad at saving face. You clearly can't control your temper. I'm going to now prove that not even YOU believe the non-sense you're spewing. http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7202465&postcount=4

When playing against good players forget Gore->Ravage unless you've made sure that the target has no way to interrupt your burst...what I usually do is wait for people to get distracted, walk up to the target, and go Battering assault->Gore->Massacre spam (which btw results in very decent dmg and it's subtle and if you do that coupled with berserk, you'll melt people who aren't paying any attention.), this will usually reset Gore and Vicious throw and proc Execute. If your opponent plans on knocking you back, you can also leap back in right away after the push, and if you're sure they can't interrupt you, then feel free to go Gore->Ravage->Scream. Or if you managed to get Gore->Ravage off the first time, then spam massacre and time your second Gore with Scream and Vicious Throw.

Also don't be afraid to use Predation, I usually only use Berserk whenever I have a lot of burst lined up (Gore, Vicious Throw, Scream and Ravage all Off CD or most of then) or when we're dominating and we have a good healer since I can go all out. The rest of the time I use predation more often coz that 80% speed bonus makes you and your teammates a nightmare to whoever tries to kite, in addition the defense chance is always good to tanks!

You have right out admitted that you can only play carnage well against bad players who are distracted. You also admitted that most of the time, you use fury on berserk, not predation, as I expected.

Your damage control here isn't even well thought out. Some derp is going to break my CC? Maybe that will be the deception assassin who will taunt you into impotence and then kill you in seconds because you die faster than rage marauders. You already had my attention, so I don't know why you're claiming you had to beg for more attention from me. Do you find yourself constantly begging for attention from others, or is this the first time?

You're really, really bad at saving face. You clearly can't control your temper. I'm going to now prove that not even YOU believe the non-sense you're spewing. http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7202465&postcount=4

You have right out admitted that you can only play carnage well against bad players who are distracted. You also admitted that most of the time, you use fury on berserk, not predation, as I expected.

I said

I usually only use Berserk whenever I have a lot of burst lined up (Gore, Vicious Throw, Scream and Ravage all Off CD or most of then) or when we're dominating and we have a good healer since I can go all out. The rest of the time I use predation more often

Learn to damn read and don't try to put words in my mouth...especially when you're silly enough to quote the whole passage then bold part of the sentence the proves your own argument wrong. Now Brb gonna eat dinner then shower and be right back.

I said

Learn to damn read and don't try to put words in my mouth...especially when you're silly enough to quote the whole passage then bold part of the sentence the proves your own argument wrong. Now Brb gonna eat dinner then shower and be right back.

I didn't put any words into your mouth. I right out quoted what you said! You clearly told people that your main carnage strategy only works when people aren't paying attention and claimed you usually use berserk when you want to burst.

Oh, you're leaving? Are you sure? Because the last time you said that, it was a lie. When questioned about it, you claimed you lied to get more attention. I love how you're so desperate to save face that you feel the need to actually report your offline activities to us to let everyone know that you haven't given up trying to convince us that marauders are kite-proof, despite the fact that no one is likely naive enough to actually believe that. Who are you even trying to convince?

Edited by HaoZhao

I didn't put any words into your mouth. I right out quoted what you said! and claimed you usually use berserk when you want to burst.

It appears you don't know what you're talking about since to put words into somebody's mouth means:

to interpret what someone said so that the words mean what you want and not what the speaker wanted

Here's what I said:

I usually only use Berserk whenever I have a lot of burst lined up (Gore, Vicious Throw, Scream and Ravage all Off CD or most of then) or when we're dominating and we have a good healer since I can go all out. The rest of the time I use predation more often

Here's what you said:

You also admitted that most of the time, you use fury on berserk, not predation, as I expected.

Lol @ not putting words into my mouth much?

Also

You clearly told people that your main carnage strategy only works when people aren't paying attention

What I actually wrote:

what I usually do is wait for people to get distracted, walk up to the target, and go Battering assault->Gore->Massacre spam (which btw results in very decent dmg and it's subtle and if you do that coupled with berserk, you'll melt people who aren't paying any attention)

I said you'd melt people who aren't paying attention, where did I say that this ONLY worked when people aren't paying attention? Tell me? You seem to confuse my main strategy with Gore->Ravage which is something I clearly said won't work on anybody looking at what's going on.

Now:

I love how you're so desperate to save face

Instead of repeating that, bring up some points other than "I'll use abilities on very long CDs (Net and Power surge) so I can prevent u from reaching me although I might not have them off CD when the situation requires it."

I can close the gaps between us much more often that you can prevent me from kiting. And seeing how you brought another player to help you peel me off, then how about I bring a sniper with me who can burst your without you being able heal to full, close, or far away? Since it has suddenly turned into a 2v1 in your favor I don't see why I'd be the only one focusing you, while in reality there's probably be other people. yet, this isn't about kiting anymore since what the others do heavily influences the outcome.

Edited by Tevzz

It appears you don't know what you're talking about since to put words into somebody's mouth means:

to interpret what someone said so that the words mean what you want and not what the speaker wanted

Here's what I said: Here's what you said: Lol @ not putting words into my mouth much? Also What I actually wrote: I said you'd melt people who aren't paying attention, where did I say that this ONLY worked when people aren't paying attention? Tell me? You seem to confuse my main strategy with Gore->Ravage which is something I clearly said won't work on anybody looking at what's going on. Now: Instead of repeating that, bring up some points other than "I'll use abilities on very long CDs (Net and Power surge) so I can prevent u from reaching me although I might not have them off CD when the situation requires it." I can close the gaps between us much more often that you can prevent me from kiting. And seeing how you brought another player to help you peel me off, then how about I bring a sniper with me who can burst your without you being able heal to full, close, or far away? Since it has suddenly turned into a 2v1 in your favor I don't see why I'd be the only one focusing you, while in reality there's probably be other people. yet, this isn't about kiting anymore since what the others do heavily influences the outcome.

You've confused "putting words into your mouth" with "embarrassing you to the point that you backpedal and try to re-write your arguments." There's a reason why you had to constantly edit your posts before, remember? :D

You argued that you can get your burst off when bad players aren't paying attention. Seeing as how you also argued that you lied to me about leaving to get more attention, there's really no reason to believe any of your excuses now, is there? :eek:

Yes, merc abilities have cooldowns, just like marauder abilities have cooldowns. Great argument! If electro net is on cooldown, then we'll pair it off with your frenze and you have no fury built. Whoops, now you'll just be kited (again)! I didn't bring any players. You brought the other player. Do you even read your posts before posting them? You claimed some "derp" was going to break concussion missile for you. You introduced that second player to the argument, not me. Apparently that derp is going to break CC and then leave you alone? Congratulations on failing to convince anyone for the 20th time in a row!

You've confused "putting words into your mouth" with "embarrassing you to the point that you backpedal and try to re-write your arguments." There's a reason why you had to constantly edit your posts before, remember? :D

Of course...I didn't want to quote every derpy crap you said and make this thread 15 pages -.-'' , so I just edited my posts and put what you said while I was typing them up.

You argued that you can get your burst off when bad players aren't paying attention. Seeing as how you also argued that you lied to me about leaving to get more attention, there's really no reason to believe any of your excuses now, is there? :eek:

Who said anything about attention, I put words in font 7 coz u didn't seem like u had absolutely no idea of what I'm talking LOL

Yes, merc abilities have cooldowns, just like marauder abilities have cooldowns. Great argument! If electro net is on cooldown, then we'll pair it off with your frenze and you have no fury built. Whoops, now you'll just be kited (again)! I didn't bring any players. You brought the other player. Do you even read your posts before posting them? You claimed some "derp" was going to break concussion missile for you. You introduced that second player to the argument, not me. Apparently that derp is going to break CC and then leave you alone? Congratulations on failing to convince anyone for the 20th time in a row!

For Christ sake, do you have some memory problems man? I answered that I don't know how many times above, I won't answer it again. You just self-pwned there. I can build 30 every 7.5 seconds even without Frenzy, you can't Electro net every 7.5 seconds end, done.

I don't consider a DoT a person, so if a DoT breaks concussion, then I am not bringing anybody in...and u know how there's things called DoT based specs, whose DPS RELIES on DoTs? It's to their advantage to put dots on everybody, and they usually do.

Edited by Tevzz

Well the banter is grossly entertaining, but the people that understand this class and the difference between these two specs have a good idea what this nerf will do. While Aluvien (and I don't consider a player that out damages most Smashers 2:1 "bad") was somewhat brash about it, he speaks the truth as most "good" smashers were once Carnies and they will move back. For those that don't, I will try to put it simply as I can.

With this nerf, Rage damage will now be on par with Carnie damage. Force Scream hits as hard as Smash does on a single target and Carnie Smash will now hit the same as Rage smash on all non-targets, so that is pretty even in my eyes.

The consideration you have to go to next is control and escapes. Canie has one more root (Deadly Throw/Rav/Leap vs Leap/Obilterate (9sec vs 4sec)), better escape/less susceptibility to kiting (Camo breaks all movement impairing), and more uptime for Pred/BT/Berserk(Channel Hatred build 30 stacks). Its pretty clear which spec will be more favorable..

Edited by L-RANDLE

Of course...I didn't want to quote every derpy crap you said and make this thread 15 pages -.-'' , so I just edited my posts and put what you said while I was typing them up.

Why not just type all of your points before hitting the submit reply button?

Who said anything about attention, I put words in font 7 coz u didn't seem like u had absolutely no idea of what I'm talking LOL

You did! You claimed that you lied from me to get my attention! Not surprising that you tell other obvious lies too. :D

For Christ sake, do you have some memory problems man? I answered that I don't know how many times above, I won't answer it again. You just self-pwned there. I can build 30 every 7.5 seconds even without Frenzy, you can't Electro net every 7.5 seconds end, done. I don't consider a DoT a person, so if a DoT breaks concussion, then I am not bringing anybody in...and u know how there's things called DoT based specs, whose DPS RELIES on DoTs? It's to their advantage to put dots on everybody, and they usually do.

Except you build zero fury when you're being kited. DoTs don't apply themselves, actually. Someone has to apply them on you. So yes, you did bring one in, and you created a phantom player to put DOTs on you so you can't be CC'D. Okay, an army of phantom juggernauts appear to push me out of range whenever you get close. Look! I can do it too, but I'm better at it than you are!

You know it's a team game right? So your strategy makes no sense at all. Merc healer are easy pray in pvp. You would put conussion missile on him and then what? My arsenal merc would put you down within 6 sec after that.

Well the banter is grossly entertaining, but the people that understand this class and the difference between these two specs have a good idea what this nerf will do. While Aluvien (and I don't consider a player that out damages most Smashers 2:1 "bad") was somewhat brash about it, he speaks the truth as most "good" smashers were once Carnies and they will move back. For those that don't, I will try to put it simply as I can.

With this nerf, Rage damage will now be on par with Carnie damage. Force Scream hits as hard as Smash does on a single target and Carnie Smash will now hit the same as Rage smash on all non-targets, so that is pretty even in my eyes.

The consideration you have to go to next is control and escapes. Canie has one more root (Deadly Throw/Rav/Leap vs Leap/Obilterate (9sec vs 4sec)), better escape/susceptibility to kiting (Camo breaks all movement impairing), and more uptime for Pred/BT/Berserk(Channel Hatred build 30 stacks).

Zomg the great peace bringer ;)

You know it's a team game right? So your strategy makes no sense at all. Merc healer are easy pray in pvp. You would put conussion missile on him and then what? My arsenal merc would put you down within 6 sec after that.

It is a team game. You are absolutely right. Some other player in another class will finish the job that he couldn't. Meanwhile players on my team will focus him down in seconds because carnage has no survivability once stealth is used up.

It is a team game. You are absolutely right. Some other player in another class will finish the job that he couldn't. Meanwhile players on my team will focus him down in seconds because carnage has no survivability once stealth is used up.

Hmm...Cloak of Pain, Saber Ward, Camo, Undying rage, heck even my uber predation can troll your melees to the point where they won't be able to hit me...

You did! You claimed that you lied from me to get my attention! Not surprising that you tell other obvious lies too.

Where?

Edited by Tevzz

Hmm...Cloak of Pain, Saber Ward, Camo, Undying rage, heck even my uber predation can troll your melees to the point where they won't be able to hit me...

Cloak of pain doesn't do anything unless you've been attacked. Considering you were trying to save face in a situation where you were CC'D for 12 seconds, you wasted it. Sabre ward is a nice move that lasts 10 seconds. Undying rage is a nice move that lasts 4 seconds. Well, at least that's 4-10 seconds of guaranteed life, I guess.

The problem with predation is that you're lying. I already caught you bragging about how you don't use it most of the time. You use berserk. When you were caught lying previously, you claimed you do it to get attention. Sorry, I don't believe you! You've failed to persuade me again!

Cloak of pain doesn't do anything unless you've been attacked. Considering you were trying to save face in a situation where you were CC'D for 12 seconds, you wasted it. Sabre ward is a nice move that lasts 10 seconds. Undying rage is a nice move that lasts 4 seconds. Well, at least that's 4-10 seconds of guaranteed life, I guess.

The problem with predation is that you're lying. I already caught you bragging about how you don't use it most of the time. You use berserk. !

OH MY GOD

Read and Stick it well into your head with a freaking hammer if you have to until you fully understand what it means. I can't even...what the...

When you were caught lying previously, you claimed you do it to get attention. Sorry, I don't believe you! You've failed to persuade me again

The quote please, until you bring it up all you say is crap, I bring quotes to prove my evidence you bring "You said that" without any proof. Lol do u expect to looks plausible?

Edited by Tevzz

OH MY GOD Read and Stick it well into your head with a freaking hammer if you have to until you fully understand what it means. I can't even...what the... The quote please, until you bring it up all you say is crap, I bring quotes to prove my evidence you bring "You said that" without any proof. Lol do u expect to looks plausible?

Oh, I read your excuses. You clearly said one thing and you want to convince me you meant something else completely. I don't believe you. You're trying to change your posts for the 50th time in this topic out of embarrassment.

I asked you why you lied about leaving. This was your response:

Now, remind me of when exactly I raged, because writing in font 7 so that things attract your attention better, isn't raging, more like putting emphasis on stuff.

When I rolled my eyes at your constant rage fits, that time I was referring to you claiming you were going to stop responding. That was a bad internet rage moment for you. This was the answer you gave in regard to your blatant lie. Talking about your giant rage text doesn't answer my question, but it's what you went with, and I respected that by constantly pointing out that you brag about begging for attention!