Time to re-buff pyro PT / assault vangaurd

Loki_

Does a Sent or Sin DPS have a pull? No. Can a Sin DPS use Shadow Strike in front of someone? No. Can a Sent throw annoying DOT attacks such as that grenade and spam DOTs? No. Can a Sent switch from DPS stance to a Tank stance? No. Can a Sin spam their Resilience every 30 seconds? No. Does a Sent have an ability like Hydraulic Overrides to stop movement impairing effects every 30 seconds? No. Can both these classes kite and play both ranged and melee? No.

PT DPS is ridiculous.

My Pyro PT would be more than happy to swap you hydraulic overrides for a leap, or chaff flare for invisibility.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does a Sent or Sin DPS have a pull? No. Can a Sin DPS use Shadow Strike in front of someone? No. Can a Sent throw annoying DOT attacks such as that grenade and spam DOTs? No. Can a Sent switch from DPS stance to a Tank stance? No. Can a Sin spam their Resilience every 30 seconds? No. Does a Sent have an ability like Hydraulic Overrides to stop movement impairing effects every 30 seconds? No. Can both these classes kite and play both ranged and melee? No.

PT DPS is ridiculous.

1. Big deal Sin tank has a pull, PT tank has a leap.

Mara DPS have a leap, all PT's have a pull.

All sins can stealth. They are called 'gap closers'. We all have them.

2. The DOTS can be cleansed and aren't that great. Compare to madness or a lethality cull.

3. Degauss is only 25% defense for six seconds. Wow.

4. A sent can leap out of a root to an enemy. A sin can cleanse and hide. Overrides lasts for six seconds, big deal.

5. We have a ten meter range, we can kite between 5 and 10 meters. We still need to close to point blank to reset our dots. Short range kiting is difficult to do, and at greater than ten meters our offensive capability is bad.

6. Our highest hit is still less than any smash or maul.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

2. The DOTS can be cleansed and aren't that great. Compare to madness or a lethality cull.

1. Well pull is baseline for PT's but tanks also get a leap.

2. Never never never never never never ever use madness assassins for an example when trying to defend anything. It's just going to make you look like an idiot.

3. Degauss is only 25% defense for six seconds. Wow.

4. A sent can leap out of a root to an enemy. A sin can cleanse and hide. Overrides lasts for six seconds, big deal.

5. We have a ten meter range, we can kite between 5 and 10 meters. We still need to close to point blank to reset our dots. Short range kiting is difficult to do, and at greater than ten meters our offensive capability is bad.

6. Our highest hit is still less than any smash or maul.

Plz read Alexhpy's post on why PT DPS is OP.

TY and have a nice day

Does a Sent or Sin DPS have a pull?

Sent leaps. Doesn't need a pull.

Yes. Darkness Sins have a pull.

Can a Sin DPS use Shadow Strike in front of someone?

Yes. Darkness Sins can Maul someone's face. It's called Conspirator's Cloak.

Can a Sent throw annoying DOT attacks such as that grenade and spam DOTs? No.

You're right. Instead, they get a Blade Storm auto-crit. Which would you rather have?

Can a Sent switch from DPS stance to a Tank stance?

No, but my JK can, and unlike my Van/PT, the stance switch is instant.

Can a Sin spam their Resilience every 30 seconds?

Using a skill every 30s isn't spam. lol

Does a Sent have an ability like Hydraulic Overrides to stop movement impairing effects every 30 seconds?

They have something better. It's called Force Camoflauge. But please continue comparing apples to oranges.

No. Can both these classes kite and play both ranged and melee?

Mid-Range Class by design plays like a mid-range class. News at 11

Any class kiting is really only a problem for KTers.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Sent leaps. Doesn't need a pull.

Yes. Darkness Sins have a pull.

Yes. Darkness Sins can Maul someone's face. It's called Conspirator's Cloak.

You're right. Instead, they get a Blade Storm auto-crit. Which would you rather have?

No, but my JK can, and unlike my Van/PT, the stance switch is instant.

Using a skill every 30s isn't spam. lol

They have something better. It's called Force Camoflauge. But please continue comparing apples to oranges.

Mid-Range Class by design plays like a mid-range class. News at 11

Any class kiting is really only a problem for KTers.

Again plz refer back to Alexhpy's post. Thanks :)

But Alex's post is garbage. Yours was actually better. lol

Because you can't come up with anything to refute it? Pretty much :rolleyes:

PT DPS needs anything BUT a buff.

And I also love how you guys are saying that TANK spec this has that blah blah blah PT DPS is gonna **** on a Tank eventually I'm talking from a DPS standpoint.

Edited by Gamesux

Because you can't come up with anything to refute it? Pretty much :rolleyes:

PT DPS needs anything BUT a buff.

Thought I did refute it. Been posting in so many threads today I'm starting to lose track.

Anyway, I do agree that PT doesn't need a buff. Never said they did. However, they don't need a nerf. The spec is pretty well balanced at the moment and a far cry from the 2-button drooling t*rd spam fest it once was.

Thought I did refute it. Been posting in so many threads today I'm starting to lose track.

Anyway, I do agree that PT doesn't need a buff. Never said they did. However, they don't need a nerf. The spec is pretty well balanced at the moment and a far cry from the 2-button drooling t*rd spam fest it once was.

How so? IMO they need a slight nerf to HtL. Do something about that mid-ranged madness. Other than that they're fine... maybe but soon enough we'll see the rise of everyone rerolling PT DPS most likely PyroPT while I'll be sitting here saying I told you so :)

Edited by Gamesux

How so? IMO they need a slight nerf to HtL. Do something about that mid-ranged madness. Other than that they're fine... maybe but soon enough we'll see the rise of everyone rerolling PT DPS most likely PyroPT while I'll be sitting here saying I told you so :)

Pyro and AP PT DPS trees are fine, I don't think anyone agrees that PT pyros or AP need more damage. If anything, the devs might want to take a look at the tank tree.

PT tanks aren't bad, but they aren't great either. They're sort of middle of the road between sins and juggs.

PT tanks haven't been touched since 2.0 for the most part, they can use some quality of life changes. Heat management or a tad more defense maybe? I don't know, but I'm sure there are some tanks who would love to tell us.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Pyro and AP PT DPS trees are fine. If anything, the devs might want to take a look at the tank tree.

PT tanks aren't bad, but they aren't great either. They're sort of middle of the road between sins and juggs.

PT tanks haven't been touched since 2.0 for the most part, they can use some quality of life changes. Heat management or a tad more defense maybe? I don't know, but I'm sure there are some tanks who would love to tell us.

I don't mind about PT tanks, have no quarrels with them. It's just PT DPS that's going to be looked at nerfed from a nerf perspective, anod now with these upcoming 2.7 nerfs be prepared for the floods of PT DPS inc.

:)

It's as high as Tracer/Grav lol, and has crit damage.

Lol what, Power Shot hit far from what Tracer does, if it hit as much as tracer, Pyro Mercs would be better than PT mercs. Tracers crit for over 5k, Power Shots don't come close :S

The range nerf obviously hurt. I still think Thermal Detonator is too weak and has always been the indirect cause of so many people trying to find a hybrid that works with PT's.... you'll never see this on a Merc. (successfully).

Never see what, not taking TD?

Works fine in PVE, 3500+dps not a problem.

The TD specs on the scoreboards use a fake tree of +2 crit you dont take in a raid.

Edited by Gyronamics