The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

please nerf sorcs

AdmiralParmesan

12.07.2013 , 03:01 PM | #1

EDIT REPORT POST QUOTE

It appears that no matter how we discuss the fundamental problems with the sorcerer/sage class these said problems will not be resolved. We always get ignored when asking quality of life changes or buffs, so maybe if we ask for some good nerfs we will be listened to at least. Here are some aspects of the sorc that really need to be toned down.....

-------------------------------------------

Static barrier- Might as well be called OP barrier honestly. Other dps options can't spam barriers so this class shouldn't be able to either. There isn't even a way for your opponent to stop you from spamming the barrier and creating a barrier army. The first solution should be to make taunts remove the barrier by default. Taunts don't have very much utility in pvp and are designed to "pull aggro" so it makes sense that taunts should be able to pull barriers off sorcs. Another solution to this barrier spamming phenomenon would be giving static barrier a 2 second cast time. Static barrier being instant cast lets sorcs have too much mobility, the class is designed to a cloth cat scratching post not a race car.

Electrocute- This move is just as deadly as it sounds, and that is exactly why it needs to be toned down. To start off for a stun this move deals entirely too much damage and with it's ridiculous range there are no ways for melee to counter this deadly and random ability. To start off the moves range needs to be moved down to 4 meters so that it is on par with the sniper's option debilitate. Other nerfs may be necessary if this doesn't prove to be enough.

Whirlwind- When I think of ridiculous mez abilities in this game, whirlwind is the only word that comes to mind. People complain about this utility CC and with good reason, no one should be able to summon a tornado out of nowhere. It's simply a fact, weather doesn't have a place in star wars. Even worse this ability makes it far to easy for a sorc to heal to full. As a reasonable nerf sorcs shouldn't be able to cast barrier or heal type abilities for 20 seconds after landing whirlwind. To compensate for this nerf, thrash damage will be increased by 5%.

Force slow- Wow as if time to kill in pvp wasn't already slow enough, abilities like this make my stomach turn. Slowing your opponent from any range is a powerful tool that should not be underestimated. Roots and slows aren't very common in this game and the idea that a class could slow someone from afar is definitely too much. If force slow forces your opponent to be slow, then it should force you to be slow as well. After force slow is casted on a target the sorc should receive a negative 20% alacrity debuff. Melee damage uptime just isn't high enough so this will help balance out the tables by forcing the sorc's damage to be lower as well. This shouldn't be a problem for skilled sorcs as polarity shift can easily counter this debuff.

Force speed- So first off you give sorcs the ability to slow people and then you give them the ability to speed up too? Simply there is no way to stop the incredible speed of this ability. Healing sorcs are even immune to roots while this ability is active! This needs a counter and fast, personally I think interrupts should stop force speed in it's tracks. It's too hard to stun, root, pull or mez a player running away with force speed all the time as those abilities require a global. Making interrupts stop force speed is a good quality of life change for melee because it will allow them to stop us from kiting without disrupting their rotation.

Recklessness- This ability doesn't even fit the sorcerer archetype. Sorcerer's should be the careful and calculating type, an ability called recklessness obviously does not fit the class description. It should just be moved to the assassin advanced class to avoid perception problems.

Shock- You knew the ability was going to be mentioned too didn't you? Fact is this move is being spammed by the noobs of the class and it has gone on far too long. No class should be able to move and deal damage at the same time and that especially applies to sorcs. Not only does shock do damage, but it can proc for a small amount of extra damage. Personally I think this takes away from the assassin play-style as they can't spam shock as well as we can. Rather than overly buff assassins I think it would only be fair if shock's incredible power was offset by it's cost. Since shock is an offensive cooldown it should realistically cost 3 times the force. This will make the sorc think twice about spamming this ability mindlessly.

-------------------------------

Any other ideas? Feel free to contribute

EDIT REPORT POST QUOTE

It appears that no matter how we discuss the fundamental problems with the sorcerer/sage class these said problems will not be resolved. We always get ignored when asking quality of life changes or buffs, so maybe if we ask for some good nerfs we will be listened to at least. Here are some aspects of the sorc that really need to be toned down.....

Static barrier- Might as well be called OP barrier honestly. Other dps options can't spam barriers so this class shouldn't be able to either. There isn't even a way for your opponent to stop you from spamming the barrier and creating a barrier army. The first solution should be to make taunts remove the barrier by default. Taunts don't have very much utility in pvp and are designed to "pull aggro" so it makes sense that taunts should be able to pull barriers off sorcs. Another solution to this barrier spamming phenomenon would be giving static barrier a 2 second cast time. Static barrier being instant cast lets sorcs have too much mobility, the class is designed to a cloth cat scratching post not a race car.

Electrocute- This move is just as deadly as it sounds, and that is exactly why it needs to be toned down. To start off for a stun this move deals entirely too much damage and with it's ridiculous range there are no ways for melee to counter this deadly and random ability. To start off the moves range needs to be moved down to 4 meters so that it is on par with the sniper's option debilitate. Other nerfs may be necessary if this doesn't prove to be enough.

Whirlwind- When I think of ridiculous mez abilities in this game, whirlwind is the only word that comes to mind. People complain about this utility CC and with good reason, no one should be able to summon a tornado out of nowhere. It's simply a fact, weather doesn't have a place in star wars. Even worse this ability makes it far to easy for a sorc to heal to full. As a reasonable nerf sorcs shouldn't be able to cast barrier or heal type abilities for 20 seconds after landing whirlwind. To compensate for this nerf, thrash damage will be increased by 5%.

Force slow- Wow as if time to kill in pvp wasn't already slow enough, abilities like this make my stomach turn. Slowing your opponent from any range is a powerful tool that should not be underestimated. Roots and slows aren't very common in this game and the idea that a class could slow someone from afar is definitely too much. If force slow forces your opponent to be slow, then it should force you to be slow as well. After force slow is casted on a target the sorc should receive a negative 20% alacrity debuff. Melee damage uptime just isn't high enough so this will help balance out the tables by forcing the sorc's damage to be lower as well. This shouldn't be a problem for skilled sorcs as polarity shift can easily counter this debuff.

Force speed- So first off you give sorcs the ability to slow people and then you give them the ability to speed up too? Simply there is no way to stop the incredible speed of this ability. Healing sorcs are even immune to roots while this ability is active! This needs a counter and fast, personally I think interrupts should stop force speed in it's tracks. It's too hard to stun, root, pull or mez a player running away with force speed all the time as those abilities require a global. Making interrupts stop force speed is a good quality of life change for melee because it will allow them to stop us from kiting without disrupting their rotation.

Recklessness- This ability doesn't even fit the sorcerer archetype. Sorcerer's should be the careful and calculating type, an ability called recklessness obviously does not fit the class description. It should just be moved to the assassin advanced class to avoid perception problems.

Shock- You knew the ability was going to be mentioned too didn't you? Fact is this move is being spammed by the noobs of the class and it has gone on far too long. No class should be able to move and deal damage at the same time and that especially applies to sorcs. Not only does shock do damage, but it can proc for a small amount of extra damage. Personally I think this takes away from the assassin play-style as they can't spam shock as well as we can. Rather than overly buff assassins I think it would only be fair if shock's incredible power was offset by it's cost. Since shock is an offensive cooldown it should realistically cost 3 times the force. This will make the sorc think twice about spamming this ability mindlessly.

Wow, haven't seen a troll use a wall of text like that in a while, you put in some work ;)

these are BY FAR the funniest points I've read on the Sorc class in some time, you're priceless.

Surprised there wasn't a final point where you argued Sorcs shouldn't be able to do any dmg at all and should all die in 1 GCD lol.

I hope this post is satire....

Must be.

There is no class that is as utterly useless when focused as sorcs except maybe mercs. Static Barrier is the only thing preventing sorcs from being utterly utterly useless. Without static barrier any combination of two stlealth or stealth +smash mara will global a fulled geared obroan sorc with ease.

Gotta be satire.

Go pick on sins/ops/marauders/pts please

EDIT REPORT POST QUOTE

<SNIP>

Considering that your signature at the bottom proclaims you a sorcerer, I will express appreciation for the obvious facetiousness of your post, and return to being mauled by truly OP classes. :p

EDIT REPORT POST QUOTE

Those are not the sorcs you were looking for... move along...

Instant Unnatural Preservation, along with using Recklessness and a medpack on it simultaneously, makes it far too easy for sorcs to heal to full. They can even heal to full while moving and sprinting away from you! The ability to completely negate a smash/maul-in-the-same-GCD combo so quickly like this, within just one GCD, is way way OP and needs nerf pronto.

Unnatural preservation needs a 3 second cast time and Recklessness should subtract 60% from its crit chance.

Instant Unnatural Preservation, along with using Recklessness and a medpack on it simultaneously, makes it far too easy for sorcs to heal to full. They can even heal to full while moving and sprinting away from you! The ability to completely negate a smash/maul-in-the-same-GCD combo so quickly like this, within just one GCD, is way way OP and needs nerf pronto.

Unnatural preservation needs a 3 second cast time and Recklessness should subtract 60% from its crit chance.

Correct me if I'm mistaken....

...but it sounds like you're offended that sorcies/sages are no longer insta-kill targets for smashmonkeys, and are upset that your body count has gone down as a result of that.

Sents/maras will need to have their cooldowns increased and their damage output cut down if your suggestions are at all serious. Sorry, but your ideas are not conducive to good gameplay.

Correct me if I'm mistaken....

...but it sounds like you're offended that sorcies/sages are no longer insta-kill targets for smashmonkeys, and are upset that your body count has gone down as a result of that.

Sents/maras will need to have their cooldowns increased and their damage output cut down if your suggestions are at all serious. Sorry, but your ideas are not conducive to good gameplay.

Got one.