The forums are poison, it's really sad because this game is great

Moonraker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is never a need for anyone to type something like that. That is vile.

I could not agree more. It's sick tbh and the guy who wrote it should be removed from the very forums he despises so much. What a hypocrite.

For casual players they should have made something like an open world game. Maybe something like SWG.[/color]

didn't read the rest of the thread, but is this guy serious? sandbox MMOs take a much MUCH bigger time investment than a theme park MMO, and are genuinely terrible for casuals

Keep in mind that the ONLY people who can post here are those of us who think it's actually good enough to pay for. The 2+ million who didn't think it was worth $15/month can't.

This is a love fest compared to what it would be if that was not the case.

This is indeed a bit ironic.

You complain about people ''crying'' and ''whineing'' about this game yet you are doing the same thing right now. Except you whine about forums not the game.

You didn't even give a good reason as to why people shouldn't be dissapointed about this game etc. I used to love this game, but after nearly 2 years of playing i find that they just stuff us with dailies with the ocassional new op and fp. Sure that is the way I see it,problem is this games target point was to casual players.

For casual players they should have made something like an open world game.Maybe something like SWG. Instead they implemented ops ( including HM & NiM ) into the game which was a big dissapointment to casual players and even the ''hardcore'' players are dissapointed with lack of end game content.

To sum things up the game started as a mainly social game but they slowly moved in to ops and fp ( which in my opinion lacks variety as we only get new ops/fp per few months ) which made casual players not satisfied and also ''hardcore'' players not satisfied due to lack of the content.

EDIT: People keep giving suggestions but 90% of the time they are either ignored or anwsered with ''This games enging cannot hold such entities''

While I agree with you in part, you have to admit that SOME suggestions can be a bit ludicrous no? I'm not saying that don't have merit, just some have slightly more chance of happening the others.

While I agree with you in part, you have to admit that SOME suggestions can be a bit ludicrous no? I'm not saying that don't have merit, just some have slightly more chance of happening the others.

Like i said most of the time they never make to the game. not yet anyways. A lot of the star wars-ish feeling stuff can't be handled by this games engine. It's a shame to be honest...

didn't read the rest of the thread, but is this guy serious? sandbox MMOs take a much MUCH bigger time investment than a theme park MMO, and are genuinely terrible for casuals

Have you played SWG ( before the crappy update ) before? That game was full-on casual-friendly.

Anyways, what i was trying to say is that the end-game of SWTOR is not what lots of casuals and hardcore players want.

Think about it.

At level 55 you can do:

Dailies

Dailies

Oh noes,more dailies

Guess what? dailies.

Ops

FP

WZ ( which is a bit dead )

This is more or less it. I know there are some other things to do but this is the major parts.

Not enough for hardcore players, too grindy for casual players.

Anyways, what i was trying to say is that the end-game of SWTOR is not what lots of casuals and hardcore players want.

Think about it.

At level 55 you can do:

Dailies

Dailies

Oh noes,more dailies

Guess what? dailies.

Ops

FP

WZ ( which is a bit dead )

This is more or less it. I know there are some other things to do but this is the major parts.

Pretty much why I'm giving up my sub in a few months after having it since launch. I still love the game but I think we just need some space :) I'm certain there will be content down the road that'll bring me back and I figure if I just take some time away from the Daily - Daily - Daily - WZ - Op - Daily grind and come back in a year or so there should be an expansion or enough new content to make my sub have meaning again.

Edited by Grendel_Prime

I play the game because its just an amazing game, they have added so much to it over it's 2 year life. Sure it wasn't complete when it launched but it has made huge leaps and bounds since. I don't post on the forums a lot because I am sick of the crying and whining. It is really pathetic. There are a lot of things i would like to see added like we all do but, I am not going to say this game is horrible because it doesn't have this or that because the game is fantastic. I will be here for the long haul and I hope it sticks around for years to come. Lets face it, people want to compare it to WoW but if that game didn't exist then I think people would be trying to compare other games to this one. If you people actually played the game instead of forum trolling then you might actually enjoy it. Add some suggestions that will improve your experience instead of crying about everything you can think of to get attention in your posts because thats pretty much what the forums have turned into "lets see who can complain the most and get the most replies". SHM you people need to play the game and have fun and get over yourselves because the world doesn't revolve around YOU.

So replace "WoW" with any other mmo you like. ToR still comes out short, but maybe you'll feel better that it wasn't to WoW?

wtb paragraphs or something...

did not read.

I hope you have a nice day though =).

So did you come here just to announce that you're an illiterate moron?

OP, I think you're right, and the WoW forums have the exact same problem. People mostly show up to complain about something hoping that developers will see their post. Those who are satisfied with the game are busy playing it, and don't take the time to type up their positive feedback. I seriously doubt these forums are representative of the sw:tor players' general feelings and attitudes toward the game.

Have you played SWG ( before the crappy update ) before? That game was full-on casual-friendly.

The early and middle games aren't what people want either, as evidenced by the horrible retention rate. But hey, it's like the ancient Mayans used to say... "If you can't hold them with content, sell them an Ewok, or a dye! for $20!"

So did you come here just to announce that you're an illiterate moron?

OP, I think you're right, and the WoW forums have the exact same problem. People mostly show up to complain about something hoping that developers will see their post. Those who are satisfied with the game are busy playing it, and don't take the time to type up their positive feedback. I seriously doubt these forums are representative of the sw:tor players' general feelings and attitudes toward the game.

He didn't say he couldn't read it, just that he (or she) didn't want to... And I don't blame them one bit. No structure to that rambling whatsoever :rolleyes:

Remember, kids, there are always people like me who really ARE English teacher IRL on forums like this. And oh, how we LAUGH at your grammar. Especially when you screw up stuff you should have learned in elementary school.

Remember we are legion and we are ALWAYS watching! And mentally giving you red marks.

Maybe if there were fewer annoying things in game that set people off, there would be less complaining. The thing is they keep adding even more, or changing things contrary to what player evidence shows. It sometimes seems like the devs are going out of their way to tick people off instead of actually improving the game.

Maybe if there were fewer annoying things in game that set people off, there would be less complaining. The thing is they keep adding even more, or changing things contrary to what player evidence shows. It sometimes seems like the devs are going out of their way to tick people off instead of actually improving the game.

Yeah, player "evidence." :rolleyes:

Remember, kids, there are always people like me who really ARE English teacher IRL on forums like this. And oh, how we LAUGH at your grammar. Especially when you screw up stuff you should have learned in elementary school.

Remember we are legion and we are ALWAYS watching! And mentally giving you red marks.

Watching. And cringing. And very, very occasionally trying to gently correct you (but we get told to slash our wrists when we do that, so it's VERY occasional).

The early and middle games aren't what people want either, as evidenced by the horrible retention rate. But hey, it's like the ancient Mayans used to say... "If you can't hold them with content, sell them an Ewok, or a dye! for $20!"

Like i said the CM is taken for granted. Why would BW care that $20 for a COLOUR that a kid could make by selecting the ''fill'' option in paint. They don't lose out on it, it only takes a small codeing to the CM script and done.

Maybe soon they will start selling dailies in CM :D

EXACTLY, and I said what I said because the people were only here to bash me for what I wrote. Paragraphs or not, I am not here to write an essay for you to grade, I am only typing out things I feel like addressing and your comments were completely pointless, so either post a meaningful reply or just quit posting to jump your post count.

No, but you should make it easy for people to read. If you care whether or not they comment on it, that is.