Petition to BW: Let Cybertechs do their job.

Bethmora

So, I a bit tired of seeing all these cool 'Speeders' being sold on the CM and packs included. Cybertechs have a speeder section to craft yet, we have not had anything new since launch for speeders. This is not acceptable, Your greed just to make more cash from players is killing the in-game crafting. We should get new schems for speeders, if you need the money so bad sell the schems on the CM for Cybertechs. I also feel that Biotechs should be crafting the animal mounts as well.

This is NOT a post saying we cant make credits crafting, we all know how to make them. this is to tell BW/EA that we as community want something done to the crafting system. We know the CM killed crafting, this just shows that this game is all about the CM and how much it can make BW/EA. Crafting is a big part to a MMO and there are many people that play that are into crafting as their game play. ALL professions need work not just Cybertech, I was just making a point that it would be nice to be able to make more types of speeders.

BW please start doing something for the crafters.

Please sign if you want to see these changes for us.

Edited by Bethmora

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

All the crafting profs have been made mostly, or even completely, useless. Who actually crafts crystals any more when the cash shop ones are BIS? Who's going to craft armor when the cash shop ones are better? Biochem might as well be renamed "Medpack" because that's about the only real use for it.

Speeder crafting (and spaceship upgrades for that matter) was never a big moneymaker or focus for Cybertechs. Cybertechs already have the most selling options out of all the crew skills. The real creds to be had are at the lower levels with the (blue or purple level) armorings and mods. And those purple level 53 earpieces you can get schems for usually go for 100k or more. There's no money to be had in speeder crafting since a person would only buy 1, if they even liked it. Whereas people always need a ton of armorings, mods, and earpieces for themselves and their companions. So complaining about not being given the ability to make something that would hardly sell, when you already can sell valuable armorings, mods, and earpieces, seems odd to me..

And while crystal-crafting for Artifice doesn't make much (unless you have the black-color schems), they did gain the ability to make dyes, which I see selling for 20-30k a piece on my server. The shells that Armormechs and Synthweavers make may not be in high demand, but their new ability to make augment kits sure is. My point is, every crafting skill makes something that is in demand, and sells if you set reasonable prices and expectations.

Edited by HeatRacer

Speeder crafting (and spaceship upgrades for that matter) was never a big moneymaker or focus for Cybertechs. Cybertechs already have the most selling options out of all the crew skills. The real creds to be had are at the lower levels with the (blue or purple level) armorings and mods. And those purple level 53 earpieces you can get schems for usually go for 100k or more. There's no money to be had in speeder crafting since a person would only buy 1, if they even liked it. Whereas people always need a ton of armorings, mods, and earpieces for themselves and their companions. So complaining about not being given the ability to make something that would hardly sell, when you already can sell valuable armorings, mods, and earpieces, seems odd to me..

And while crystal-crafting for Artifice doesn't make much (unless you have the black-color schems), they did gain the ability to make dyes, which I see selling for 20-30k a piece on my server. The shells that Armormechs and Synthweavers make may not be in high demand, but their new ability to make augment kits sure is. My point is, crafting can be plenty lucrative if you set reasonable prices and have reasonable expectations.

On POT5

Yes Cybertech's do have the most options on stuff to sell but guess what? most don't sell. Speeders(dead) Droid part(dead) Ship parts(almost dead)

As more mods and armorings, yes the blues sell but you don't make much on them. Purple's at some levels are good.

lvl 54 Earpieces you can get as low as 50k(mats sell for more) I have not gotten 100k for a earpiece in a couples month at least.

A also have a Synth and as for the color dyes, you see them listed, does not mean they are selling. I think i sold one last week for 8k.

I think you're missing the point here, this is for all crafting, anything good is being sold on the CM and nothing new for us to make.

Biochem might as well be renamed "Medpack" because that's about the only real use for it.

Untrue. I find the Biochem adrenals and stimms are incredibly useful as well for levelling. Since the purples can be traded after use I can just transfer them to appropriate leveled alts to use during their levelling.

Nitpicking powers deactivate.

I'd like to see more speeders too.

/signed

/sign

Crafting died when the CM was born. Cybertech got off kinda easy initially but then the switch to generic planetary comms was made and blue armoring and mods could be bought with comms. Artifice took a double hit with CM crystals first, and then the comms thing taking away the income source from enhancement and hilt sales. Synthweaving was pretty useless prior to the CM but it is totally useless now.

Crafting does indeed need a loving rewrite. Not to compete with world drops or the CM, but to provide differential content that is of value to players and interesting for crafters to craft. Honestly, I'm not sure what the specific parameters of a rewrite would be... but it is needed. Maybe crafting moves more toward the abilities to make desirable augmentation items (not to be confused with augments) for things heavily used in the game.... armor, weapons, speeders, pets, etc. Cool cosmetic mods for speeders, shock collars or tethers or custom paint for pets, weapon dyes, weapon barrel or stock extensions, blaster sounds, guild or faction or rep decals for armor, etc. etc. etc.

And it's not that the CM killed crafting...it's more like this game has changed a lot in two years, but very little has changed for crafting. Crafting was on fumes before the CM IMO... except for specific niches.

So... /signed in the context of a loving rewrite for ALL crafting trades, not just cybertechs for speeders.

Edited by Andryah

Wait, people still use trade skills? Thought they became pointless when they released the CM.... All the cool speeders comes from the CM, all the cool armors and weapons mostly comes from the CM. The rest of the game is pretty much forgotten.... All my new characters only have slicing, treasure hunting and Scavenging, all the other trade skills are pointless and way to demanding.

Wait, people still use trade skills? Thought they became pointless when they released the CM.... All the cool speeders comes from the CM, all the cool armors and weapons mostly comes from the CM. The rest of the game is pretty much forgotten.... All my new characters only have slicing, treasure hunting and Scavenging, all the other trade skills are pointless and way to demanding.

Biochem is still useful, but yeah, all other crafting is pretty useless.

Reminds me of the "good" old days of being a Crafter in SWG. We ain't really ever get the love there, and it seems we are getting a similar shaft here.

Cybertechs, Armor/Synthweavers, Artifice/Armstech, and to an extent Biochem all need major love as they've all been screwed one way or another.

Edited by Altyrell

Aren't cybertech able to craft endgame armorings and mods, which sell for crapload of money?

One can simply get comms easy and just get the armorings and mods from vendor trash.

Even barrels on the harby are worth less than the materials used to craft them. I calculated the mats vs current price on the advanced skill barrel 72 to be 1 005 000 creds compared to going price of 930 000 creds.

Now I just swap barrels for mats and sell the extra mats from swapping barrels that were from crits on the gtn.

The biggest problem with crafting is too many people are doing it.

This is forcing the prices down.

Before the CM on the Dalborra server, I would sell speeders and ship parts but that died with the release of CM.

I level with cyber/scav/slicing to craft blue armors and mods and just use planet comms for the enhancements and hilts/barrels.

When I hit end game I just buy or send the mats needed for biochem from other alts and level biochem.

Edited by keitzy

I think that it also doesn't help that Cybertechs don't have that many Crafted Speeder Options when compared to all of the Speeders In-Game. I think that if Cybertechs were able to get more variety in Crafted Speeders along with possibly being able to craft the various GSF Ships. Edited by Altyrell

All people are whining and yapping about Cybertech, but what about me as a poor Artificer since Day 1 (I like it from RP perspective)? I cannot craft nada, my color crystals got smashed by CM, and my dyes (really odd choice from lore standpoint, btw) are also replaced by CM.

Cybertechs makes money from grenades for PvP

Biochem makes money from stims necessary for endgame PvP/PvE

Armor/Arms/Synth make augmentation slots and Augments necessary for endgame PvP/PvE

So it is only Artifice that is left out in the cold... shame, a skill of dealing with ancient/force tech is so cool in theory...

All people are whining and yapping about Cybertech, but what about me as a poor Artificer since Day 1 (I like it from RP perspective)? I cannot craft nada, my color crystals got smashed by CM, and my dyes (really odd choice from lore standpoint, btw) are also replaced by CM.

Cybertechs makes money from grenades for PvP

Biochem makes money from stims necessary for endgame PvP/PvE

Armor/Arms/Synth make augmentation slots and Augments necessary for endgame PvP/PvE

So it is only Artifice that is left out in the cold... shame, a skill of dealing with ancient/force tech is so cool in theory...

As an FYI, I only made grenades a few times with my CT, the ROI is pathetic. Random leveling blue armor and mods make way more bank, and sell faster. Droid Parts for MK-9 kits, now that's bank. The Basic Schem ear pieces are pretty good sellers as well (and only 2 purple mats instead of 4 for the RE'd schems with worse stats).

BTW, Artifice isn't too shabby. I think too many people just focus on the big-ticket items instead of the 10-54 crowd. Lowbie mains don't have a lot to spare, but there are a *lot* of 55s leveling alts, and not all of those 55s have one of every craft in their legacy, so that's a lot of ugrades (regular color crystals, enhancements, and hilts).

Edited by eartharioch

You lost me at "crafting" animal mounts.

It's quite simple. Biochemistry. Genetic cloning easily falls under that.

Could even spice it up a bit. Require you to scan the animal in the wild for genetic samples that pertains to the mount you want to create. One sample = one "common" mount ( more samples for higher grade/rare mounts ) can be made. SWGs system for this was nice and could easily be adapted to fit under biochem in SWtoR with minimal effort.

Edited by Zorvan

and my dyes (really odd choice from lore standpoint, btw) are also replaced by CM.

Two points here:

1) the dyes you can craft do not over-lap with CM dyes.

2) I use way more player crafted dyes then I do CM dyes... because some of them are really good dyes for armor sets...particularly to harmonize a mixed set of adaptive armor.

Not saying Artifice does not need love, just pointing out that player crafted dyes are for the most part good colors and color combinations. I get that you probably cannot make money from them due to price competition and too many people crafting them.. but that is true for all crafters.. not just Artifice.

I don't agree that cybertech's one job is to make speeders (they do plenty well with armorings and mods), but it'd be nice to give us the option to craft some more - or GSF parts (really why isn't the GSF linked into crafting at all? what a lost opportunity).